• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

I was a little excited for this today then I realized it's going to be nothing but 3 34s with 3 vexes Titan with bubbles no less :/.......

I think Gunslingers and Sunsingers are going to be far more common.

And yup, a whole lotta Vex, Last Word, Thorn, Red Death, Felwinter's and Jolder's.

11229420_1104027559611315_5403413952445000653_o.jpg

Done with the level grind! :D

Did you get lucky with some Nightfalls or something?

spyder_ur

I was a little excited for this today then I realized it's going to be nothing but 3 34s with 3 vexes Titan with bubbles no less :/.......

I don't think it will be that bad. 33 will be more than fine. I know it seems like it when you're in this thread all the time, but not everyone is level 34 with full 365 weapons 3 days into the DLC.

We didn't even get to the burning floor thing. That's why I called it when we wiped 3x on the 2nd round. If we couldn't get through it without the additional mechanic, we weren't going to get past that, and I didn't want to sink any more time into it knowing that.

It was kind of depressing, because it made me realize I'm not particularly "good" at the game.

Actually, we wiped a fair bit on Round 2 as well. I found that to be the hardest round after Round 4.

nOoblet16

PoE lvl 35 done 3x. I have an extra etheric light which means I can upgrade my Fatebringer! Good job Unknown and Jig.

How did you manage to do 35 the third time? Unless you got etheric light from nightfall you could only get two characters to 34 and the third to 33.5, and how do you have an extra etheric light.

KxoZz

I much prefer using MGs in PVP but I'll be using a launcher. I learned my lesson in salvage. I hope heavy ammo drops don't ruin ToO matches like they do salvage ones.

I usually prefer MGs, too, because i know that i can potentially get far more kills than i can with a RL. But since in elimination, the enemies don't repawn, I feel RLs would be the better choice.

spyder_ur

This would do *wonders* for keeping people engaged. They need to do something to smooth out the spikey nature of the active users.

Hah. Thanks for the pep talk.

We absolutely were burned out before starting the 34. We'd farmed chests for about an hour (got no keys), then run the 32. Then farmed another hour (no keys for us, but watched one guy pull a key and a purple engram in one dip, double dip and get a second key out of the same chest). At that point, it was 9:30 and we'd been at it for 3-ish hours. It was more morbid curiosity than actually intending to beat it.

I was just expecting to come out of like "ok, we don't have time tonight, but we could totally tackle this tomorrow in a few hours", not "Oh, wow. We have no business playing this at this level."

HM CE I learned fairly quickly it just wasn't worth playing for me (even at 32) unless I was loading into the DS/Crota CP with a very confident group. The 34 PoE doesn't seem THAT bad, but I strongly suspect I wont be getting the 35 shader/ship until Comet comes out.

You'll be fine. It's been 3 days. Bring your titan and we'll do it tonight - I already beat it with Hay and Science, so our raid group can definitely accomplish it.

Pick yourself off the mat, Guardian!

flkraven

We didn't even get to the burning floor thing. That's why I called it when we wiped 3x on the 2nd round. If we couldn't get through it without the additional mechanic, we weren't going to get past that, and I didn't want to sink any more time into it knowing that.

It was kind of depressing, because it made me realize I'm not particularly "good" at the game.

IMO round 2 is the toughest one. Round 4 isn't easy, but it not too bad once you master the far left cheese spot. Round 5 was cake with a Titan bubble (only whiped once while we learned what it was all about).

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How did you manage to do 35 the third time? Unless you got etheric light firom nightfall you could only get two characters to 34 and the third to 33.5, and how do you have an extra etheric light.
I got Warlock boots from Variks by doing Judgement's Chance thing. You need 1 armor core and 1 weapon core.

2x Etheric Light on Titan, 2x on Hunter + 1x on Warlock. Total 5.

All characters at 34 :)

stb

Actually, we wiped a fair bit on Round 2 as well. I found that to be the hardest round after Round 4.

That makes me feel a little better.

It was rough and frustrating, but it was also our first attempt at it. I don't really wanna try it again until I have a 365 primary as I felt like my shots weren't doing shit.

Yeah, I forgot to mention/ask this. When people did the 34, was the whole group 33, or did they have 34s? Was anyone rocking 365 primaries?

Dave_6 and I had 365 Ghorns, and I'm reasonably certain that's the only reason we cleared the 32.

Dave_6

I used a 300 Fatebringer through most of it.

LOL oh well. It was our first go so we just weren't prepared, plus we were all tired I think. I keep thinking we made it to round 3 instead of 2 though.

I'm not worried about it though, I've still got to take my Hunter and Titan through the 28 and 32 ones first before I attempt it again.

Dave_6 and I had 365 Ghorns, and I'm reasonably certain that's the only reason we cleared the 32.

The horn I was using that time was actually only 317 attack. I switched to the 365 one before our 34 attempt.

spyder_ur

I usually prefer MGs, too, because i know that i can potentially get far more kills than i can with a RL. But since in elimination, the enemies don't repawn, I feel RLs would be the better choice.

Yup, all it takes is some dude hopping up and firing his Truth from the other side of the map. I really hope heavy ammo is not prevalent in this mode.

Three day weekend upcoming. I'll probably log in for the first time since last week. I have many many engrams to decrypt...

Witcher 3 is amazing btw

stb

You'll be fine. It's been 3 days. Bring your titan and we'll do it tonight - I already beat it with Hay and Science, so our raid group can definitely accomplish it.

That's true, if you did it with science, anyone can do it. =)
I kid, science! you know I love you.

Verde can't play tonight, so I'll probably be looking for a 34 with my Titan and maybe some PoE. As you mentioned, the win/loss rate for PoE seems attainable even for mediocre players.

Dave_6, you up for a 34 with schwagger and me?

nOoblet16

ToO tip, I donno if people know this but crouching will take you off radar for 2 seconds out of every 4 seconds. So if you want to disorientate an enemy who is in radar range then crouch.

KxoZz

Yup, all it takes is some dude hopping up and firing his Truth from the other side of the map. I really hope heavy ammo is not prevalent in this mode.

I think it spaws once one team reaches 3 wins iirc. Not sure if you can keep heavy ammo over multiple rounds though.

Yeah, I forgot to mention/ask this. When people did the 34, was the whole group 33, or did they have 34s? Was anyone rocking 365 primaries?

Ran through 34 with 3 lvl 33s. For primary I mostly ran oversoul edict and tossed in some VoC and abyss defiant. Shorty in the special slot with GHorn anchoring the Heavy slot.

ToO tip, I donno if people know this but crouching will take you off radar for 2 seconds out of every 4 seconds. So if you want to disorientate an enemy who is in radar range then crouch.

This works wonders with team coordination.

2 teammates are standing behind a wall with an enemy on the other side.

1 teammate moves away at the same time another teammate crouches.

Enemy approaches around corner, assuming you have fallen back.

Quick shotty/fusion or double melee kill.

Mindlog

I have cleared it with two groups so far.
First group (two Titans and a Warlock) found round 4 the most difficult. Second group had more trouble with some of the earlier rounds and cruised through round 4 (three Warlocks.)

Wipes can get frustrating, but with a little perseverance it's nice when a round comes together. Never thought Round 4 would be so easy after how much trouble I had with it using Titan bubbles the first time. Round 5 with an all Warlock team is full of angels.

Dave_6

That's true, if you did it with science, anyone can do it. =)
I kid, science! you know I love you.

Verde can't play tonight, so I'll probably be looking for a 34 with my Titan and maybe some PoE. As you mentioned, the win/loss rate for PoE seems attainable even for mediocre players.

Dave_6, you up for a 34 with schwagger and me?

Yeah for sure, I'm up for it again. The thing is I'm not sure I want to attempt it with my Warlock again unless we're just pushed for time (meaning I need to clear 28 and 32 with either my Hunter or Titan first). I don't get off work until 6 again today so it will be 7 or so until I can log on.

EDIT: Then again, I may just move one of my Fatebringers over to my Warlock and stick with that. WoC didn't seem to be working well enough for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom