• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

ToO tip, I donno if people know this but crouching will take you off radar for 2 seconds out of every 4 seconds. So if you want to disorientate an enemy who is in radar range then crouch.

This works wonders with team coordination.

2 teammates are standing behind a wall with an enemy on the other side.

1 teammate moves away at the same time another teammate crouches.

Enemy approaches around corner, assuming you have fallen back.

Quick shotty/fusion or double melee kill.

I never knew this. Do you have to stay crouching or else you reappear, or just crouch for a second or two?

nOoblet16

I got Warlock boots from Variks by doing Judgement's Chance thing. You need 1 armor core and 1 weapon core.

2x Etheric Light on Titan, 2x on Hunter + 1x on Warlock. Total 5.

All characters at 34 :)
You need 2x Etheric light + 1x exotic + 1x armour core (so as to buy a glove from Variks) to hit 34. So that sounds right for first two characters.

But if you use an armour core to roll judgement's chance then you are denying one of your character that glove. So for your Warlock if you use 1x Etheric + 1x Exotic + 1x Boots (from Judgement's chance)...how did you get your 4th armour piece to +46?

I just picked this game up again. I had bought the Guardian Edition or whatever with the first two expansions but didn't touch TDB. I'm around level 24 and need to try and get to level 30 for some of the new content. What's the best way for me to accomplish this? I tried to get through some of the story content in TDB and HoW but it was pretty boring and I'm hoping there will be an easy-ish way to do it. I don't mind grinding but if possible I'd prefer to do stuff solo or at least with matchmaking.

DNAbro

I just picked this game up again. I had bought the Guardian Edition or whatever with the first two expansions but didn't touch TDB. I'm around level 24 and need to try and get to level 30 for some of the new content. What's the best way for me to accomplish this? I tried to get through some of the story content in TDB and HoW but it was pretty boring and I'm hoping there will be an easy-ish way to do it. I don't mind grinding but if possible I'd prefer to do stuff solo or at least with matchmaking.

Just buy gear from vendors. Should be good enough, either do crucible or strikes.

nOoblet16

I never knew this. Do you have to stay crouching or else you reappear, or just crouch for a second or two?

Stay crouched so that you disappear from radar for two seconds, then for two seconds after that your are visible, then off the radar again for two seconds...and so on.

That's true, if you did it with science, anyone can do it. =)
I kid, science! you know I love you.

Verde can't play tonight, so I'll probably be looking for a 34 with my Titan and maybe some PoE. As you mentioned, the win/loss rate for PoE seems attainable even for mediocre players.

Dave_6, you up for a 34 with schwagger and me?

All too true! ;)

I'll be around tonight if Dave can't make it. I still have one 34 to do.

spyder_ur

Definitely. I still need to figure out how all the buffs work.

If I'm reading it correctly, there are three of them and they stack at a very low cost of passage coins. They give:

-One free win
-First win counts as double
-First loss doesn't count

You need 5 wins for the 42 light armor, I believe. You get 1 free one, your first win counts for 2, so really you only need 3 wins. You get 3 losses, but really 4 with the buff. So if I math is right, you need to go 3 wins, 4 losses for the armor. That's right up our alley.

I'm curious if supers carry over between rounds. I hope not - I was hoping this would be a more guns and strategy mode rather than heavy and super spam (not that there's not an element of strategy in heavy and supers).

zewone

q2djDdA.gif

LTWood12

That makes me feel a little better.

Yeah, I forgot to mention/ask this. When people did the 34, was the whole group 33, or did they have 34s? Was anyone rocking 365 primaries?

Dave_6 and I had 365 Ghorns, and I'm reasonably certain that's the only reason we cleared the 32.

I've done it once. We were all 33. I used a 300 Fatebringer through most of it. Round 4 I used a 300 Fatebringer and 365 Thunderlord. Round 5 I used a 331 Abyss Defiant and a 365 Gjallarhorn.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You need 2x Etheric light + 1x exotic + 1x armour core (so as to buy a glove from Variks) to hit 34. So that sounds right for first two characters.

But if you use an armour core to roll judgement's chance then you are denying one of your character that glove. So for your Warlock if you use 1x Etheric + 1x Exotic + 1x Boots (from Judgement's chance)...how did you get your 4th armour piece to +46?
You get 1 armor core and 1 weapon core at lvl 35.

stb

Yeah for sure, I'm up for it again. The thing is I'm not sure I want to attempt it with my Warlock again unless we're just pushed for time (meaning I need to clear 28 and 32 with either my Hunter or Titan first). I don't get off work until 6 again today so it will be 7 or so until I can log on.

EDIT: Then again, I may just move one of my Fatebringers over to my Warlock and stick with that. WoC didn't seem to be working well enough for whatever reason.

I'm not in a huge hurry, so it's your call.

I'm planning on starting up around 6 Central tonight, and maybe dipping my toes into ToO if a group here has a slot for a lowly 33. Either that, or trying to run the story missions with my warlock and/or hunter.

You need 5 wins for the 42 light armor, I believe. You get 1 free one, your first win counts for 2, so really you only need 3 wins. You get 3 losses, but really 4 with the buff. So if I math is right, you need to go 3 wins, 4 losses for the armor. That's right up our alley.

"that's right up our alley" cracked me up. If you guys try this tonight, I want in. #team3and4

nOoblet16

If I'm reading it correctly, there are three of them and they stack at a very low cost of passage coins. They give:

-One free win
-First win counts as double
-First loss doesn't count

I'm curious if supers carry over between rounds. I hope not - I was hoping this would be a more guns and strategy mode rather than heavy and super spam (not that there's not an element of strategy in heavy and supers).
If they did that then it would also affect all the super energy you have gained and put it back to zero at the start of each round which means you won't be able to get a single super in the match, rounds don't last long enough and there aren't enough enemies to kill for the super to fill up in one round.

Just get familiar with crouching in general.

Look at your minimap next time you load up the game. See that blue triangle in the center? That's you. As long as that triangle exists, you show up on an enemy minimap.

Now try crouching. You see how the triangle goes away? It doesn't stay gone forever, but instead blips every 2-3 seconds.

spyder_ur

If they did that then it would also affect all the super energy you have gained and put it back to zero at the start of each round which means you won't be able to get a single super in the match, rounds don't last long enough and there aren't enough enemies to kill for the super to fill up in one round.

That's true. I'm just worried about two of our guys getting Nova bombed 10 seconds into the match on a kamikaze mission. Part of strategy I guess. Everything I hear about this mode makes me expect everyone to hang back and I'm expecting to get blasted with a ton of Efrideets Final Round shots.

So how will wins work with trials of osiris?

Will I "spend" my wins to buy stuff and they'll be removed from my record or will I just buy stuff with glimmer when I meet the requirements?

patchday

oh wow just checked my postmaster on my titan noticed there's a Vex mythoclast waiting for me! Must've earned during one of the Atheon's stomps I did 2 weeks ago and had no idea I earned it

darn, guess Vex apparently caps below 331? oh well...

Dave_6

All too true! ;)

I'll be around tonight if Dave can't make it. I still have one 34 to do.

I'm not in a huge hurry, so it's your call.

I'm planning on starting up around 6 Central tonight, and maybe dipping my toes into ToO if a group here has a slot for a lowly 33. Either that, or trying to run the story missions with my warlock and/or hunter.

Ok. If I wind up having dinner plans come up tonight, science can take my place. If that happens I'll just run both the 28s later on tonight sometime.

Having an engram today is good, but it would have been nice to have a purchaseable new exotic today. Also disappointed, but not surprised, that he didn't have key you could buy once per week.

We (Dave_6, Verde, and I) did some more PoE last night.

The 32 (as 32s) was doable, but I didn't enjoy it. We only wiped 2 or 3 times, but it was just too frantic and stressful for me. It felt similar to my first runs in the Abyss. I used my last key on the big chest, and only got the Queen AR (which seems decent, and I got decent rolls on it).

After that, the Level 34 PoE broke us as 3 33s. It was *miserable*. We struggled through the first round (Hive), then quit the second round after the 2nd or 3rd wipe. Not doing THAT again unless there's a pair of 34s that would take pity on me and let me ride their coattails through it or until I'm 34 myself.

I understand that it's end game content, and "needs" to be challenging enough to last until Comet, but hooooly shit. Flooding a restricted space with yellows who have near-perfect aim, seem faster(?), and appear to be "angry" all the time is just too much, especially with the level handicap.

I wish they'd put more effort into challenging but fair encounters (like the new strike), rather than relying on brute force (numbers, overleveled enemies, and yellow bars). Seems lazy.

In other news, I'm now up to 57 blue engrams decoded with my hunter (now level 27) without a purple.

This makes me nervous, but I'm still going to try to get my 33s through PoE 34 when I get back Sunday.

Jinjo

RNGesus hates me today. I decide to take my alts armor core and give it to my Titan so I can roll for a package, hoping for armor. Get the Heavy Machine Gun.... :(

Edit; although it seems quite good though.

That's true. I'm just worried about two of our guys getting Nova bombed 10 seconds into the match on a kamikaze mission. Part of strategy I guess. Everything I hear about this mode makes me expect everyone to hang back and I'm expecting to get blasted with a ton of Efrideets Final Round shots.

This is why I really don't like the idea of elimination with out some type of objective. It leads to slow and camping gameplay. There is no reason to push, so just play passive.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom