• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Gah Prison of Elders 32 left me exhausted, took near 90 minutes.

I'm all about dat level 33 life now, at least. But I definitely didn't find it "fun".

Navid

So this is probably unlikely but is anyone else late to the weekly reset action this week and looking for 3x nightfall runs?

Shito

I'm all about dat level 33 life now, at least. But I definitely didn't find it "fun".
What levels were you?
I did my first 32 yesterday with 2 other gaffers, and it took us something like 25 minutes, without any wipe, and it left me with such a high impression of this mode that I can't wait to do it again on my two alts.
Really sorry you didn't have fun, what part made you struggle the most? I'm sure that without a bubble and two horns in the team we would have had much more problems on the boss...

Impala26

This is why I really don't like the idea of elimination with out some type of objective. It leads to slow and camping gameplay. There is no reason to push, so just play passive.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Do you need anyone to play with?

Would love to give Trials a shot (preferable tomorrow/Sunday in an attempt to acquire more new stuff).

My GT's Impala26
(not sure why I haven't added you yet what with all the limited Xboner showing in here)

KyleP29

Why are people going to be using Machine Guns in ToO? If it's elimination, wouldn't RLs be much more effective?

Generally speaking heavy ammo levels favor machine guns, so in theory should last longer netting more kills.

So how will wins work with trials of osiris?

Will I "spend" my wins to buy stuff and they'll be removed from my record or will I just buy stuff with glimmer when I meet the requirements?

You cash your ticket it after it closes out after your 3rd loss. Take it to the trials vendor and you can claim every reward available up to the amount of wins you had on that ticket.

buy a new ticket and try again if you missed out on what you wanted.

Do you need anyone to play with?

Would love to give Trials a shot (preferable tomorrow/Sunday in an attempt to acquire more new stuff).

My GT's Impala26
(not sure why I haven't added you yet what with all the limited Xboner showing in here)

I was just going to wing it with a lfg site XD. However, I'd rather much play with gaffers, so I'll add you!

GT: Furious Demise

I have a 2.5 kd in Salvage so I do ok in smaller modes, but most of the people there aren't good, so probably doesn't mean much.

RNGesus hates me today. I decide to take my alts armor core and give it to my Titan so I can roll for a package, hoping for armor. Get the Heavy Machine Gun.... :(

Edit; although it seems quite good though.

Its range is very good for PvP. I actually started using it more than my Against All Odds.

stb

This makes me nervous, but I'm still going to try to get my 33s through PoE 34 when I get back Sunday.

As others have pointed out, ours was a fairly half-hearted attempt after 2.5 hours of playing with lackluster rewards, so we were tired. It was also fairly late.

Plus I'm admittedly an average player skill-wise. You'll probably be fine, especially if you can recruit a 34 to help.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if it'd be more efficient time-wise to get 1-2 people in your group to 34, then re-run the 34 with the remaining 33 player(s), and just keep trading out characters so you always have 1-2 34s on the team.

I'd mean additional runs, but probably a higher success rate, and it wouldn't blow my mind if it ended up being less total time.

KyleP29

Yea the final boss with the ever changing shield can be a pain. First time it took us about that long, but it was a random group with a 31 who had no survival instincts.

Second run was much quicker and smoother and quite fun.

jett

D-Member
What levels were you?
I did my first 32 yesterday with 2 other gaffers, and it took us something like 25 minutes, without any wipe, and it left me with such a high impression of this mode that I can't wait to do it again on my two alts.
Really sorry you didn't have fun, what part made you struggle the most? I'm sure that without a bubble and two horns in the team we would have had much more problems on the boss...

32, 32, 31.

Yeah we didn't have titans. I'm not sure we had horns, I think not.

LTWood12

As others have pointed out, ours was a fairly half-hearted attempt after 2.5 hours of playing with lackluster rewards, so we were tired. It was also fairly late.

Plus I'm admittedly an average player skill-wise. You'll probably be fine, especially if you can recruit a 34 to help.

Speaking of which, I'm wondering if it'd be more efficient time-wise to get 1-2 people in your group to 34, then re-run the 34 with the remaining 33 player(s), and just keep trading out characters so you always have 1-2 34s on the team.

I'd mean additional runs, but probably a higher success rate, and it wouldn't blow my mind if it ended up being less total time.

I'm sure having a 34 would help, but 3 33s is definitely doable, especially if you have a Defender.

Impala26

I was just going to wing it with a lfg site XD. However, I'd rather much play with gaffers, so I'll add you!

GT: Furious Demise

I have a 2.5 kd in Salvage so I do ok in smaller modes, but most of the people there aren't good, so probably doesn't mean much.

Awesome. I'll be around, but I may be chasing fickle treasures such as Vision, Fatebringer, Treasure Keys, etc. We're trying to get folks together tonight for some Hard VoG. I haven't had much time thus far and have only done a bit of Prison of Elders.

But I have thus far managed a fully upgraded Titan Alpha Lupi and a 365 Vex, so I'm happy for now. Eagerly awaiting work to be over to upgrade some more exotics courtesy of Mr. Agent of the Nine. :p

stb

I'm in the same boat. I told Dave_6 and Verde that I felt relief after it was done, but couldn't say it was fun or even exhilarating.

Does anyone have a strat to beat the level 32 PoE that doesnt involve hunkering down in the little side room as you enter the cell? There are so many adds and majors, it seems like it would be suicide.

rNilla

It won't matter because it'll end the same way.

Hey man it's a different color and a totally different ending!

EDIT: This page is sponsored by the Nami Fan Club:

3o85xvErX1eray08hy.gif

QdSIICi.gif

xTiTnuDr02mCrmmaVW.gif

KyleP29

I'm definitely going with a RL. Trials is going to be really fast paced so getting rockets off quickly will be important.

I think for the most part its going to be the opposite. I think a lot of people are going to play it safer and not push to hard. I can see the hardcore pvp players with a set group move fast, but i think a lot of these casual groups testing it out are going to sit back much more than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom