• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

54936.jpg

To all the Last Word wielding folks I see this weekend:
GET READY TO MELT
Was going to use the Mythoclast so same back at you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
3 wins down..
ToO is so fucking lame. Worst bits about crucible all rolled into one :/

And I'm never gonna get that sweet solar hand cannon :'(
I think I like it. doesn't feel much like any other mode to me. still there is a wholelottathorn.

would have been fine without heavy, or supers, I feel.
I'm glad hardcore PvPer's finally got a raid level activity. Love how many options there are now for high level gear.
thars gear everywhar!

This is why I'm excited to at least give it a whirl. Nothing really to lose, you can just buy a new passage card and keep trying.

Drops happen even for losing teams, (*Varik's voice*) yeesss?

Yeah it's not that bad, nothing to really lose (100 glimmer). Going to keep trying today and see what I can do.

Sane_Man

3 wins down..

I think I like it. doesn't feel much like any other mode to me. still there is a wholelottathorn.

would have been fine without heavy, or supers, I feel.

I'm not a fan of PVP generally, so it's probably mostly that. I was getting tired of the same map after a few games though and it just seemed like sniper heaven, with everyone playing super cagey - turning it into a slog.

ocean

Banned
There is a PoE set, a Queen set, a Trials set, Pokedex of endgame tier weapons might literally be impossible to cram into current Vault space :( I wanna keep my complete VoG, CE and IB sets too...

So destiny GAF. I need some advice.
I'm lvl 32 and i want to try 34 PoE but it seems like an impossible task with out a maxed gally.
I dont want the warlock gloves since they give str (hoping for helm next week).
What should a poor warlock do?

Taking no chances when I start ToO later. Buying all the boons. One boon makes a win count for two, then another gives you a win to start off with right? Should mean you only have to really get to 7 wins if you use the boons. Of course the loss boon will cover you for one.

I'm lvl 32 and i want to try 34 PoE but it seems like an impossible task with out a maxed gally.
You don't need a maxed out Ghorn for level 34, I was fine my first time with Hunger of Crota and a unmaxed Ghorn my second time.

Being 32 might be a setback for round 4 though because Warlocks are already sort of useless on that round and you'll be extra squishy. I'd just suck it up and buy the gloves. They'll hold you over to you get more EL, and let's face it, the rolls are probably gonna always suck from the Varkis.

Deku Tree

Do lvl 32 PoE and get yourself to level 33. Then do level 34 no need for a horn, IB or Hunger of Crota is fine in The final room.

Impala26

Who wants to test the waters and do a ToO scrub run? Don't waste any buffs, just the 100 glimmer.

I feel like two or three "no buffs" runs is a good way to start for people. Get a feel for it and what you're up against, and then use the buffs when you're more comfortable.

I also don't have like two dozen passage coins saved up like SOME people... lol

Ken

34 PoE doesn't need a maxed Gally. You'll also have more armor cores than you'll know what to do with in a few weeks. I'd just suck up the int/disc loss since the light level is more important.

Who wants to test the waters and do a ToO scrub run? Don't waste any buffs, just the 100 glimmer.

I'll try I guess. Might not be able to use a mic since people are sleeping though.

PSN nya_08

Actually could I get 5 minutes before getting on?

Raybunny

ToO if you want get at least 6 wins and get some Etheric light out of the silver pack.

Edit, I lost one of the ToO emblem cause my emblems were full. Be careful.

Kyne

Here's the problem with the "pros will play now and I'll have a better shot later" mentality.

The loot for this event is amazing. It's also randomized. That means that the replay value of the event is high as fuck, and as time goes on these original 33's and 34's will be etheric lighting up all their armor and weapons for the next train.

That's my theory anyway. If there's a loot nerf after the original Mercury visit then maybe it won't be that bad.

Bradach

So in ToO it's 3v3 for 5 rounds. If your team has 3 wins after 5 matches you get loot? Or is that considered 1 win and you need multiple wins to get loot?

Impala26

So in ToO it's 3v3 for 5 rounds. If your team has 3 wins after 5 matches you get loot? Or is that considered 1 win and you need multiple wins to get loot?

It's FIRST TO FIVE ROUNDS WON, so technically best-of-nine.
After each match, loot drops are randomized like typical Crucible and even members of losing team can get stuff.

Here's the problem with the "pros will play now and I'll have a better shot later" mentality.

The loot for this event is amazing. It's also randomized. That means that the replay value of the event is high as fuck, and as time goes on these original 33's and 34's will be etheric lighting up all their armor and weapons for the next train.

That's my theory anyway. If there's a loot nerf after the original Mercury visit then maybe it won't be that bad.

I think everyone is putting too much stock in light levels. If it's anything like last IBs it's very negligible within 2 levels. If you're 33 your basically on par.

ToO if you want get at least 6 wins and get some Etheric light out of the silver pack.

Edit, I lost one of the ToO emblem cause my emblems were full. Be careful.

So even the silver gives etheric light? Now I'm interested. Though I'm not very good at PvP so even that might be a stretch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom