• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bad first ToO experience, every team I got on one person had to leave during the match and didn't seem like they could be fully invested (understandable, real life > video games). Hoping tonight at 9 my team with Cosmo Man can pull out some wins :)

Going to play the witcher 3 until then.

nOoblet16

So you need 9 wins no losses to get to the lighthouse? Lame. What do you get for 9 wins with losses? Whats the prize at the end for that?

How is it lame? It's the highest tier reward available. For the first time ever Destiny is rewarding players for how good they are, it's never done that.

If you lose then the highest reward you can get is the Gold tier reward from the ToO guy which is a randomised top tier reward that can give you Etheric light and guns and armour too I think and you are required to win 8 matches. It's like a chest, just doesn't look fancy like the mercury reward.

LTWood12

The chest can't.

This is making PoE seem kind of bad. On your journey to 9 wins you get gear age every match (at a really good drop rate).

If you HIT 9 wins flawlessly you get a metric tons of loot.

This is my jam.

Loot-wise it for sure is, though the skill needed to get a flawless ticket merits the difference IMO, and I'm speaking as a scrub.

Ken

Had a bad first ToO experience, every team I got on one person had to leave during the match and didn't seem like they could be fully invested (understandable, real life > video games). Hoping tonight at 9 my team with Cosmo Man can pull out some wins :)

There's no solo queue right?

Dave_6

Okay, I'm going to have to give ToO a shot at some point. PvP pisses me off but I must be decent at it since I've had at least one match where I went 23-0 myself. I just need to match up with a couple of good GAFers and get some practice first since I don't play PvP much lately.

The chest can't.

This is making PoE seem kind of bad. On your journey to 9 wins you get gear age every match (at a really good drop rate).

This is my jam.

The ability to buy everything in the store?

Yeah, ToO actually rewards you. After hearing about that I STILL cant believe there are people defending the key design for PoE. And by gearage after every match, you mean the Egyptian set?

nOoblet16

The chest can't.

This is making PoE seem kind of bad. On your journey to 9 wins you get gear after every match (at a really good drop rate).

This is my jam.

The ability to buy everything in the store?

It's not a metric ton though, you get like one gun and other stuff like passage coins.

Eeeyuupp, you need a team with dedicated time for this event, too bad my friends dont take the pvp seriously so I dont see me trying it with them.

How is it lame? It's the highest tier reward available. For the first time ever Destiny is rewarding players for how good they are, it's never done that.

If you lose then the highest reward you can get is the Gold tier reward from the ToO guy which is a randomised top tier reward that can give you Etheric light and guns and armour too I think and you are required to win 8 matches. It's like a chest, just doesn't look fancy like the mercury reward.

Oh so 9 wins gives you a bunch of stuff? Nice. I said it was lame because I like doing pve more(but I can rock PvP just as hard) and compared to PoE, it seems the best rewards will be in ToO.

Kyne

Yeah, ToO actually rewards you. After hearing about that I STILL cant believe there are people defending the key design for PoE. And by gearage after every match, you mean the Egyptian set?

Yeah. I saw the arms drop for multiple people.

age was a typo btw lol. Meant *after

Ganhyun

Its confirmed that if you have the forgive a loss boon and you lose a match and the boon eats the loss, but you win the rest, you still get to go to the special location.

k1t4j

Any groups from EU need one more for ToO?

Just asking so the connection is as stable as possible between the 3 of us.

Impala26

Its confirmed that if you have the forgive a loss boon and you lose a match and the boon eats the loss, but you win the rest, you still get to go to the special location.

Yes, this is exactly what happened to Gothalion during his stream.

And he had the other boons active too. I doesn't matter HOW you get there, just as long as your Trials Card reads 9 wins - 0 losses.

spyder_ur

OK, I guess I'm still looking for a ToO group. Just want to get in and see it - decent PVPer but nothing too serious. Running my 32 Hunter. spyder_ur

nOoblet16

Saw someone pull etheric light, suros, solar handcannon, and coins.. that's a ton to me :(

Hell, the solar handcannon is a metric ton in itself.

That's triplewreck and he didn't get etheric just motes, passage coins, suros and hand canon and an emblem.
The exotic and emblem is not guaranteed, I didn't get any, I only got a handcanon, 4 motes and some ToO passage coin.

Toa, Stalker, good games. No Mercury but 9 wins in this thing is still an impressive feat.

...also this Pulse Rifle, holy shit. Headseeker and Third Eye.

Edit: Also I'm a member now. Only took 3 years.

nOoblet16

I wonder if you can buy the loss eating buff as many times as you can i.e buy one and if you lose then buy one again.

Saw someone pull etheric light, suros, solar handcannon, and coins.. that's a ton to me :(

Hell, the solar handcannon is a metric ton in itself.

That's triplewreck and he didn't get etheric just motes, passage coins, suros and hand canon and an emblem.

The exotic and emblem is not guaranteed, since I didn't get any, I only got a handcanon, motes and passage coins.

Kyne

The exotic and emblem is not guaranteed, I didn't get any, I only got a handcanon, 4 motes and some ToO passage coin.

Ah. So our hands are still in the hands of rngesus in the end :(..

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I guess this is the wrong night to ask if anyone wants to run a hard vault and or normal Crota in about an hour or so...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom