• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I guess this is the wrong night to ask if anyone wants to run a hard vault and or normal Crota in about an hour or so...?

I'll join you since I've never run either of those.

Don't think I'll do much ToO unless I can rope some friends into it.

RedFury

Anyone who is still a Level 32, how has been your Trials experience so far? Not too bad against 33's and 34's?
Well agains 34s with maxed thorns it's felt like a ohk to the head. Not sure if lag or simply that. It happen more then once with different lvl 34s.

We have 2 looking for a 3rd for the trials ... Weve had 5.. then 6 wins before someone had to bail immediately which cause the loss(Which was understandable) psn is ipitythafool32

Anyone who is still a Level 32, how has been your Trials experience so far? Not too bad against 33's and 34's?

I want to know too. If it's Iron Banner like, it won't make too much difference except that OHKs like sticky grenades don't work anymore (for 1/2 levels under)

I want to ask, how is the lag? Is it IB bad?

t0rment

so, once again, non- PvPers are fucked. really nice being locked out of content (weapons) because you don't like playing a mode.

Fuck yes!

gbntJFZ.jpg

v2U4RGY.jpg

Shout outs to my homeboys JPBrowncoat and BlazeUK.

spyder_ur

I want to know too. If it's Iron Banner like, it won't make too much difference except that OHKs like sticky grenades don't work anymore (for 1/2 levels under)

I want to ask, how is the lag? Is it IB bad?

Well my first match we load in, kill the first guy, and immediately gets disconnected which counted as a loss.

Kyne

Eh, weren't elemental primaries exclusive to PVE till now?

Yep. And seeing as my playgroup isn't big enough for a raid I've never ran one (until last night) and have thus spent over 400 hours playing the game without a single elemental primary weapon.

As a pvper this event is awesome (and in my opinion, fair)

nOoblet16

so, once again, non- PvPers are fucked. really nice being locked out of content (weapons) because you don't like playing a mode.

How are they fucked?
The gear you get from ToO is PvP gear and why should everything be available for everyone? What's the incentive to play the most competitive PvP mode of this game if there are no rewards attached to it that you can only get from playing this mode.

And what of people who don't run PvE but only do PvP ? Aren't they are locked out of PvE content, which makes up for the majority of the content ? That's a very negative way of looking at it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Got 8 wins, and won't bother going for a 9th (since I have 2 losses), but it was still a fun go with Stalker and DarkOrchid. Got a to level 34 and now rocking my Queen's Wrath armor.

blazeuk

I amazingly decided to not get the buffs before jumping into ToO so I had 1 loss count against me meaning I won't be getting to Mercury this time by the sounds of it (I actually just assumed buying the mercy buff after would wipe it off), at least Kor and JP got there anyway and I did get Eye of Sol from one of the packages.

stb

Got 8 wins, and won't bother going for a 9th (since I have 2 losses), but it was still a fun go with Stalker and DarkOrchid. Got a to level 34 and now rocking my Queen's Wrath armor.

Why not go for the 9th win?

If you lose 3, you lose all the credit for the 8 wins? That doesn't seem right.

Wait...

Elemental primaries are exclusive to ToS drops?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This is the most PvP focused Bungie has been and if it continues like this I won't be playing for much longer despite just coming back.

Sullichin

Yup, really lame that PvP has a ton of stuff that most PvE focused players will never see

:(

I prefer PVP, and while I did raid a little, I never got any primary elemental weapons until Crota's End. I am glad there are finally elemental primary weapons to get from PVP. I don't see the problem.

Kyne

Wait...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This is the most PvP focused Bungie has been and if it continues like this I won't be playing for much longer despite just coming back.

Elemental primaries have been exclusive to raids up until now. How is this any different? D;

i understand the sentiment considering that pvp is not for everyone, but there are weapons "locked" behind both modes. some people who cant raid and only pvp wont be seeing fatebringer and vice versa. i dont think theres a problem with weapons exclusive to certain modes. max level is a different story but now we can reach that with any armor.

Deku Tree

Wait...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

No the fallen themed elemental primaries randomly drop from Skolas too. Seem to be rare though. Also you can ascend you old elemental primaries too.

stb

I prefer PVP, and while I did raid a little, I never got any primary elemental weapons until Crota's End. I am glad there are finally elemental primary weapons to get from PVP. I don't see the problem.

I'm looking forward to the time when there's SO much stuff to get it's practically impossible to get it all. That will be so liberating.

Elemental primaries have been exclusive to raids up until now. How is this any different? D;

Yeah I guess but that is exactly the point. Playing since Day 1 and then it changing to elemental primaries being PvP exclusive is lame. Also you can always get help with PvE/Raids, but if you aren't good at PvP and don't enjoy competitive PvP then ToS is the worst thing they could have blocked elemental primaries behind.

Kyne

I'm looking forward to the time when there's SO much stuff to get it's practically impossible to get it all. That will be so liberating.

As someone who hadn't raided until just last night that's kind of how I feel right now.

It is in fact, liberating.

Also, Iron Banner is just around the corner with its new armor. The game has just begunnnnn.

Arrrammis

So, now you know how people playing mainly PvP feel. PvE players now have access to 2 full raids, an arena mode, and numerous strikes and missions. PvP players now have access to two endgame activities, each of which is only available once a month and/or on a weekend.

Ken

Yeah I guess but that is exactly the point. Playing since Day 1 and then it changing to elemental primaries being PvP exclusive is lame. Also you can always get help with PvE/Raids, but if you aren't good at PvP and don't enjoy competitive PvP then ToS is the worst thing they could have blocked elemental primaries behind.

Except they aren't pvp exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom