• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have a chance to drop as soon as you kill skolas

Skolas. No key needed.

the fallen themed elemental primaries randomly drop from Skolas too. Seem to be rare though. Also you can ascend you old elemental primaries too.

Yeah, must be a extremely rare drop as I haven't seen anyone get one in the 3 PoE 35 clears, that's 9 total rolls when including the players I was with.

Oh well...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Xboners, I'm gonna be online in about two hours if anyone wants to play some Trials. I'm pretty good at PvP (1.7 K/D).

Ken

More people have reported getting elemental primaries from ToO in the past 3 hours than people have from PoE 35 (Skolas) in the past 3 days since HoW launched.

Seems like PvP is the best option to get them.

And then there's fate bringers, vex and whatever else was in crota's end.

Hoodbury

More people have reported getting elemental primaries from ToO in the past 3 hours than people have from PoE 35 (Skolas) in the past 3 days since HoW launched.

Seems like PvP is the best option to get them.

Don't forget you can ascend your elemental primaries you already have.

Really not liking ToO. Have yet to win a single match... got close several times, but it is just too much. I think this will windle to just hardcore PvPers before long.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
so, once again, non- PvPers are fucked. really nice being locked out of content (weapons) because you don't like playing a mode.

by the same argument pvpers are fucked because they wouldn't enjoy PoE /roll-eyes

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I guess but that is exactly the point. Playing since Day 1 and then it changing to elemental primaries being PvP exclusive is lame. Also you can always get help with PvE/Raids, but if you aren't good at PvP and don't enjoy competitive PvP then ToS is the worst thing they could have blocked elemental primaries behind.
It simply isn't the case.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll do it.

I'll join you since I've never run either of those.

Don't think I'll do much ToO unless I can rope some friends into it.

Boom!

The "Old School Endgame / Sploatee's 7th piercing celebratory" raid - 10.15ish in which newbies are welcome

1. Sploatee
2. Jingx
3. Ken

Any preference guys? I'm not that familiar with CE too much but feel pretty comfortable with the Vault (save for the Gorgons and messing up the jumping puzzle at least once).

I don't really have a preference - I'd like to run both over the weekend. It'll be interesting to do them as a level 33 though.

Arrrammis

Why not go for the 9th win?

If you lose 3, you lose all the credit for the 8 wins? That doesn't seem right.
It records your highest score, so even after you lose 3 you could go back and buy the stuff you get for 8 wins. You just have to open a new ticket and start over if you want to go for 9 wins.

nOoblet16

What is everyone's load out for ToO?

Is a shotgun valuable?
Shotgun is viable and there should always be atleast one player in your team with a shotgun to counter rushers, Bladedancers and Sunbros who res in your face at the end of the round. When we were playing I was sniping while the other two would use shotguns but only defensively.

You can rush with a shotgun too but you need a proper strategy with it, you need to have one person go from the back while the other two takes them head on. The person at back should use a ranged weapon to pick enemies off as otherwise he will show up on the map and get the opponent's attention. It doesn't really matter if you have one on front and two at back, what matters is the timing. The rusher should never be too early as that's just a suicide.

I use Thorn/TLW, RNG Longbow Synthesis that has final round/unflinching/100% stability and a high blast radius rocket launcher (since my new rerolled Radegast fury with proximity detonation is unlevelled)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'll run hard VoG. Still need fatebringer. Let me know

I would be interested.

PSN=Eidelon

Boom!

The "Old School Endgame / Sploatee's 7th piercing celebratory" raid - 10.15ish in which newbies are welcome WHICH IS NOW HARD VOG

1. Sploatee
2. Jingx
3. Ken
4. Shabadoo69
5. Eidelon

Any preference guys? I'm not that familiar with CE too much but feel pretty comfortable with the Vault (save for the Gorgons and messing up the jumping puzzle at least once).

I don't really have a preference - I'd like to run both over the weekend. It'll be interesting to do them as a level 33 though.

One more...

Hoodbury

Shotgun is viable and there should always be atleast one player in your team with a shotgun to counter rushers and Bladedancers. When we were playing I was sniping while the other two would use shotguns but only defensively.

You can rush with a shotgun too but you need a proper strategy with it, you need to have one person go from the back while the other two takes them head on. The person at back should use a ranged weapon to pick enemies off as otherwise he will show up on the map and get the opponent's attention. It doesn't really matter if you have one on front and two at back, what matters is the timing. The rusher should never be too early as that's just a suicide.
Are people running super tightly together? I wonder if using something like fatebringer with explosive stuff would be beneficial?

Impala26

Hey Xboners, I'm gonna be online in about two hours if anyone wants to play some Trials. I'm pretty good at PvP (1.7 K/D).

Gonna be around little later than that.

We're planning a menagerie of things tonight.

Dailies, Etc.
Hard VoG
Prison
Crucible practice
Trials

LkPr

Boom!

The "Old School Endgame / Sploatee's 7th piercing celebratory" raid - 10.15ish in which newbies are welcome

1. Sploatee
2. Jingx
3. Ken

I'm in. PSN: LkPr ... assuming you mean 10:15 EST? I'd vote for VOG HM... i still need vex :(

Thanks to my cunning and strategically timed deaths, Wicked, Untable and I went 9-0. Lighthouse loot got. 3 Etheric Light, Arc Scout Rifle, ship, chest piece armor, emblem. Better stuff than from PoE.

nOoblet16

Are people running super tightly together? I wonder if using something like fatebringer with explosive stuff would be beneficial?

Depends on team, bad teams run too tight or too lose, you need to be spread apart a decent distance so that you avoid a Nova Bombs, run away from Golden Gun and Rocket launchers. Fatebringer fires too slow so that's one disadvantage it has.

Just to be clear, I am avid believer that Destiny 2 should have PvP and PvE gear/levels/subclasses/etc separate from one another.

No one should feel they are missing out on content.

No PvE items in PvP and visa versa. A level playing field for those that focus on each individual activity.

I don't like competitive PvP in ANY game, Destiny brought me in with the fantastic co-op.

However, dealing with all the PvP blocked stuff sine day one has always been a point of stress for me. From the Thorn bounty to whatever else, it has always been something I did because I felt forced to and not because I wanted to.

All PvE and PvP items in current Destiny should be available despite what you like to focus on.

Iron Banner has been a popular event for PvP players, while PvE have yet to get one since launch. I wouldn't count the pre-HoW Queen's Wrath one since it was something they did for HoW only.

I just don't like being excluded from content because of what gamemodes I actually enjoy. This argument goes both ways like I said, those who enjoy PvP shouldn't be excluded from the PvE items either.

Anybody have a video of the light house? Preferably one that explores it a bit. Or is it just the treasure chest?

It's very large, like larger than the reef. It's mostly one giant path with a lot of nooks and crannies around it.

I'm certain it will be open to everyone at some point in time. There is one of those vex "don't go past this transparent wall" walls. And a ship docked there that wasn't mine, but I saw no one.

It was very linear, but very very pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom