• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna be around little later than that.

We're planning a menagerie of things tonight.

Dailies, Etc.
Hard VoG
Prison
Crucible practice
Trials
Sweet, I'll be on for a few hours. 3 to 7 Pacific probably. Raids are stupid and boring so count me out for that, but I'm down for Trials and PoE. :)

Wow lots of gaffers already getting to the lighthouse. Congrats on the achievement. Pretty sure I'll never get there but dammit if I ain't gonna try. As far as the PvP vs PoE lockout discussion, cool to see PvP giving up real end game gear now. Sucks only the l33t pvp'ers will see it, with little chance mediocre players (like myself) can grind it out. In Raid content a team can carry 2-3 players past the finish and we see that here a lot. Gonna be tough to help each other like that in ToO and will ppl even want to?

It's very large, like larger than the reef. It's mostly one giant path with a lot of nooks and crannies around it.

I'm certain it will be open to everyone at some point in time. There is one of those vex "don't go past this transparent wall" walls. And a ship docked there that wasn't mine, but I saw no one.

It was very linear, but very very pretty.

I can't see them opening the lighthouse up as a casual area everyone can get to in the future. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong though.

nOoblet16

Just to be clear, I am avid believer that Destiny 2 should have PvP and PvE gear/levels/subclasses/etc separate from one another.

No one should feel they are missing out on content.

No PvE items in PvP and visa versa. A level playing field for those that focus on each individual activity.

I don't like competitive PvP in ANY game, Destiny brought me in with the fantastic co-op.

However, dealing with all the PvP blocked stuff sine day one has always been a point of stress for me. From the Thorn bounty to whatever else, it has always been something I did because I felt forced to and not because I wanted to.

All PvE and PvP items in current Destiny should be available despite what you like to focus on.

Iron Banner has been a popular event for PvP players, while PvE have yet to get one since launch. I wouldn't count the pre-HoW Queen's Wrath one since it was something they did for HoW only.

I just don't like being excluded from content because of what gamemodes I actually enjoy. This argument goes both ways like I said, those who enjoy PvP shouldn't be excluded from the PvE items either.

You an event, the weekly reset raids. The amount of content locked behind PvE is much much higher than PvP, and the exotic chance in PvP (until now with Mercury chest) has been minimal compared to raids. Also the IB weapons are garbage or disappointing outside of Radegast, Felwinter and Jolder's...all of which are mediocre weapons in PvE. The only PvP exotic bounties were Invective and Truth, one of them being a PvP weapon again.

If anyone is curious, here is what JP and I did.

We both went in having purchased all 3 boons. Thus starting with a win, and only needing 8 more wins.

• We lost game 1 (forgiveness boon activated)
  • Won game 2
  • Won game 3
  • Won game 4
  • Went to Tower to purchase chest, also bought Double Win Boon second time)
  • Won game 5 (and thus 6)
  • Went back to tower to see if we could buy Double Win Boon again. Could not.
  • Won game 7
  • Won game 8
  • Won game 9

nOoblet16

If anyone is curious, here is what JP and I did.

We both went in having purchased all 3 boons. Thus starting with a win, and only needing 8 more wins.

• We lost game 1 (forgiveness boon activated)
  • Won game 2
  • Won game 3
  • Won game 4
  • Went to Tower to purchase chest, also bought Double Win Boon second time)
  • Won game 5 (and thus 6)
  • Went back to tower to see if we could buy Double Win Boon again. Could not.
  • Won game 7
  • Won game 8
  • Won game 9
Wait you can buy double win boon twice?

Jarate

Banned
also, so far I have gotten in this expansion

Thunderlord
4 Legendary Fusion Rifles
1 Legendary Sniper
1 legendary Heavy Weapons

I didnt really play the previous expansion, but I desperately need a primary weapon and will most likely save up Vanguard marks to buy one

are any of the guns at the vanguard armorer any good to use as a primary?

Impala26

Sweet, I'll be on for a few hours. 3 to 7 Pacific probably. Raids are stupid and boring so count me out for that, but I'm down for Trials and PoE. :)

oh-you-show.jpg

If you're talking Crota then yes, the one advantage of Crota is it's a faster raid if the group knows what to do. VoG is longer and the loot is stingier, but I still love playing it--I like fighting the Vex and don't like fighting Hive so I could be biased...

Mostly we're trying to go for weapons we still need (come on Fatebringer and Vision!).

Don't let your last two scrubby VoG runs deter you from it though. :p

Deku Tree

Just to be clear, I am avid believer that Destiny 2 should have PvP and PvE gear/levels/subclasses/etc separate from one another.

No one should feel they are missing out on content.

No PvE items in PvP and visa versa. A level playing field for those that focus on each individual activity.

I don't like competitive PvP in ANY game, Destiny brought me in with the fantastic co-op.

However, dealing with all the PvP blocked stuff sine day one has always been a point of stress for me. From the Thorn bounty to whatever else, it has always been something I did because I felt forced to and not because I wanted to.

All PvE and PvP items in current Destiny should be available despite what you like to focus on.

Iron Banner has been a popular event for PvP players, while PvE have yet to get one since launch. I wouldn't count the pre-HoW Queen's Wrath one since it was something they did for HoW only.

I just don't like being excluded from content because of what gamemodes I actually enjoy. This argument goes both ways like I said, those who enjoy PvP shouldn't be excluded from the PvE items either.

Bungie should make PvP players farm treasure keys in order to be able to open the chest in "the lighthouse"... then it would be fair.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can't get the new elemental primaries anywhere but PvP. (PoE drops and vendor stuff isn't elemental)
The PoE elemental weapons only drop from 35 PoE and aren't available to PvP-only players. Nor are any of the PoE weapons, but whatever.
Elemental primaries have been exclusive to raids up until now. How is this any different? D;
I mean, PvP players have always been locked out of some of the most desirable gear. Including pure progression, actually. Now there's quite a bit of desirable gear. I am personally surprised at how reasonable some of the sweet ToO goods actually are to obtain for a player of average skill.

While I can sympathize to a degree with the idea of gear being "locked" behind one mode or the other, the truth is that it is an effective motivator to play each modes for those players that participate in both. For a player like me, that plays both but neither in a particularly hardcore way, it feels about right to have desirable goals that can only be obtained in each mode. I would wager that a majority of Destiny players are actually in this group.

Are people running super tightly together? I wonder if using something like fatebringer with explosive stuff would be beneficial?
I was thinking this at first (Combustion on Golden Gun), but people really haven't been clumping. Staying near but NOT tightly together seems best, or even having two stay near one another and the third flank wildly.

Guys if someone needs someone for ToO just send me an invite on psn: YzeNup. I'm not the best player but certainly not the worst and I could probably engage pro mode for about 9 matches.

The PoE elemental weapons only drop from 35 PoE and aren't available to PvP-only players. Nor are any of the PoE weapons, but whatever.

I mean, PvP players have always been locked out of some of the most desirable gear. Including pure progression, actually. Now there's quite a bit of desirable gear. I am personally surprised at how reasonable some of the sweet ToO goods actually are to obtain for a player of average skill.

While I can sympathize to a degree with the idea of gear being "locked" behind one mode or the other, the truth is that it is an effective motivator to play each modes for those players that participate in both. For a player like me, that plays both but neither in a particularly hardcore way, it feels about right to have desirable goals that can only be obtained in each mode. I would wager that a majority of Destiny players are actually in this group.

I was thinking this at first (Combustion on Golden Gun), but people really haven't been clumping. Staying near but NOT tightly together seems best, or even having two stay near one another and the third flank wildly.

The issue is that PvP has never been properly balanced since day one. So people who like balanced modes steer far away.

From Thorn to Shotguns, PvP is a mess of instant kills that can be very difficult for an average player.

And please. The lowest reward requires 5 wins. Your average player isn't getting that many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom