• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookmunki

Sploatee - had to watch GOT last night so I was flaky and got on late so couldn't run with you, real sorry :-( I'm def up for it sometime - same goes for any Brit / European gaffer.

Got pulled into a dire Crota run with 4 where we couldn't pass the lamps, sad times.

Zoidberg

I had what he had except I also got an Engram in the mail too that was legendary. Most were shards but one was a Badger CCL...
that I already owned,

I got an actual weapon last night from an engram. The first in the last 6 weapon engrams and it was a rocket launcher an awful roll. The shards always win :|

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

Especially DeathJR for carrying me through an annoying 2 weeks of "shut the hell up Sars, sit in the corner and wait for the drop" Crota Runs.

N0oblet for taking a lowly geared level 31 through a flawless raid.

WheelHoss for the awesome first time Iron Banner experience, we both failed misarebly and many a bad ass GAF member took us under their wing to make IB worthwhile.

Oh and a special thanks to Breezy. Your the wind beneath my wings!

Oh and Math. I will post a pic of my victory beer tomorrow.

EDIT: I forgot Fearless Leader (Sorry Kadey) It was cool of you to take some of us under your wing and add us to SEXY!

warcraft_southpark.jpg

And what does one do once they get Guardian Lord you might ask...

Well simple, now I have to boot up Destiny for the Xboxone again and get Guardian Lord there.

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

Especially DeathJR for carrying me through an annoying 2 weeks of "shut the hell up Sars, sit in the corner and wait for the drop" Crota Runs.

WheelHoss for the awesome first time Iron Banner experience, we both failed misarebly and many a bad ass GAF member took us under their wing to make IB worthwhile.

EDIT: I forgot Fearless Leader (Sorry Kadey) It was cool of you to take some of us under your wing and add us to SEXY!

<3 You're an amazing Guardian Lord~

Rehsa

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

warcraft_southpark.jpg

Well simple, now I have to boot up Destiny for the Xboxone again and get Guardian Lord there.

Congrats!

Second NF got me a crap HC, third got me second pair of Claws. Thanks thenal and Slammin Hammon! Goodnight GAF

Ryck

So will the new HOW guns only have new perks? Or a combination of old perks and new perks? Anyone have any idea what the perk tables look like?

Zoidberg

So will the new HOW guns only have new perks? Or a combination of old perks and new perks? Anyone have any idea what the perk tables look like?

New HoW guns seem to have both old and new perks. It looks like they've added new possible perks to the pools for some guns (there's vendor scout rifles with full auto), but we won't know until HoW drops and people start rerolling stuff. Much like the 300 IB guns can get different perks than the 331 ones, they like to change stuff because...

ocean

Banned
Old and new. PlanetDestiny has a nice roundup of all the weapons being sold by vendors along with their recommendations. They glance over every perk so if you pause the video and watch it like a slideshow you can read up on all the perks on everything.

gunawi

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

warcraft_southpark.jpg

Congrats 101 :)

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

warcraft_southpark.jpg

Beyonce is the best Guardian Lord of all time!
Congrats! And you're crazy if you do it on xbox too haha

Ryck

Old and new. PlanetDestiny has a nice roundup of all the weapons being sold by vendors along with their recommendations. They glance over every perk so if you pause the video and watch it like a slideshow you can read up on all the perks on everything.
Thanks just found the video, will take my time with it.

New HoW guns seem to have both old and new perks. It looks like they've added new possible perks to the pools for some guns (there's vendor scout rifles with full auto), but we won't know until HoW drops and people start rerolling stuff. Much like the 300 IB guns can get different perks than the 331 ones, they like to change stuff because...
Yeah saw the DO scout with full auto and wondered if other perks were added to other perk pools. (Like firefly on hand cannons ^_^)

Apt101

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

warcraft_southpark.jpg

Living the dream!

Apt101

dude, give yourself more credit - you did great! and for running the relic for the first time, you did an excellent job, too. definitely upgrade that Found Verdict, and keep at it :)

Thanks man, I thought I did terrible, got a lot of people killed. I blame the cold medicine and rum. Also my girlfriend said you all sounded cool and she approves of me playing more with you all. She usually hates my gaming friends (a lot of a-holes on Steam...).

ExVicis

Thanks man, I thought I did terrible, got a lot of people killed. I blame the cold medicine and rum. Also my girlfriend said you all sounded cool and she approves of me playing more with you all. She usually hates my gaming friends (a lot of a-holes on Steam...).
DestinyGaf has been by far one of the most welcoming and friendly communities I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, and I don't really ever say that. Everyone genuinely seems to be nice cool guys here (except those Warlock haters that are obviously just jealous).

Guardian Lord 101! I want to thank NeoGAF

This post is what DGAF is all about, very nice. There are a few folks that still need to be added to the list, working on some thread stuff now so it'll be updated shortly.

...and don't be like Jigga Man, our only two-system GLord afaik. Not to mention two-system Pokemon completionist. It's a terrible life decision.

The only thing required for doing well in a raid group, especially a Fun Run, is a good attitude and everyone had that in spades. Our super close call vs. Templar when you fell off with the relic was one of my favorite recent Destiny experiences, didn't matter that we wiped. I was legit impressed you took his shield down with the relic super on your very first time ever playing the raid.

Hey, anyone have normal gorgons/gatekeeper? I'm a little short on glimmer.

I can sign on real quick to check, might have it on a character or at least Gorogns. Although I have to be careful not to get sucked into actually playing since I'm trying to get caught up on a bunch of thread stuff, haha.

This post is what DGAF is all about, very nice. There are a few folks that still need to be added to the list, working on some thread stuff now so it'll be updated shortly.

...and don't be like Jigga Man, our only two-system GLord afaik. Not to mention two-system Pokemon completionist. It's a terrible life decision.

Oh wow, Pokemon. That is actually a good idea. I will be sad if I am not 101. I understand but I will be sad. Something I had to give Math a lot of grief about. I will include my victory beer picture tomorrow as proof that I do sometimes go outside.

I want to thank you guys especially Math, Zoba, Nami and Fig. The light hearted banter between them in the first few OT's made me actually jump ship to PS4. I bought it originally for Destiny but kept telling myself it was for Bloodborne so I wouldn't be "that guy".

Gaming is a huge part of my life. But DGAF especially has made me appreciate it. The community here is quite something and it always frustrates me that people that claim the game has no community or is lacking direction to bring people together grinds my gears. NeoGAF and Reddit alone have proven time and again this game brings people together.

Thanks again for everything DGAF you guys are the best!

Shards from all 3?

3x nightfalls = 11 ass mats. Total, not each.

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

warcraft_southpark.jpg

Congrats Toaster, well done. Beers for everyone!

anyone got gorgon normal checkpoint on ps4?

Hey, anyone have normal gorgons/gatekeeper? I'm a little short on glimmer.

Home in an hour, can share then.

Ji66a-Man

I stand alone in my lunacy.

Cool, sounds good DJ. Yeah I checked and didn't have it on any characters. Think I lost all my CPs except HM Oracles. If anyone wants to bust those out a few times we could do that I suppose.

Cool, sounds good DJ. Yeah I checked and didn't have it on any characters. Think I lost all my CPs except HM Oracles. If anyone wants to bust those out a few times we could do that I suppose.

We knocked those out yesterday itself, plus a couple of bonus gk+atheon runs.

And 3x hard abyss plus bridge. I know Ji66a_man probably lost sleep over the one chest we missed after the thrall hallway :p

mfn_pie

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

warcraft_southpark.jpg

Congrats dude. Now get up and walk around for a bit. Hope your muscles haven't atrophied too much.

Congrats dude. Now get up and walk around for a bit. Hope your muscles haven't atrophied too much.

We need to throw together a group for next week. Madness is happening on the 19th and we need Guardians that are ready to take on the challenge. Are you up to the task of drunken madness during HoW?

Bradach

So I ran sword for the first time last night. He didn't die but at one stage I was just 1 sword slash away from the kill!

I have 2 questions about my technique for the DGAF swordbearers.

1. When I ran up to him and he took a knee I spammed the R2 button, there seemed to be a few millisecond gap between one sword slam and the next. It seemed like my hunter would slam down, stand up straight for a few milliseconds and them slam down again.

Is this the way it always is? should he not be smoothly slamming over and over without the little gap?

2. should I do the little jump before hitting R2 for the drop slam move?

So I ran sword for the first time last night. He didn't die but at one stage I was just 1 sword slash away from the kill!

1. When I ran up to him and he took a knee I spammed the R2 button, there seemed to be a few millisecond gap between one sword slam and the next. It seemed like my hunter would slam down, stand up straight for a few milliseconds and them slam down again.

Is this the way it always is? should he not be smoothly slamming over and over without the little gap?

2. should I do the little jump before hitting R2 for the drop slam move?

Press UP on the analog stick while spamming R2, you'll save a little bit of time between each slam.

Best thing is to do the sword combo, since you can do more damage per break, make up damage if you miss an attack or shield doesn't break/crota starts moving, etc.

R1 R1 R2 is the combo. Just do 2 combos instead of 3 R2's, or you can mix and match a combo with R2, 2 x R2, even 3x R2 if your timing is perfect.

If you're playing on normal, you should be able to kill crota in the third shield break regardless of which combo you use.

1. There's some animation reset time required, you can't spam super speed. Holding forward on the left analog stick can help, the delay between hits shouldn't be too long. I've also heard using armor with increased melee attack speed helps but never noticed a huge difference myself.
  2. No no no no no! That attack actually does less damage and takes waaaay longer to animate. It's horrible.

Bradach

Press UP on the analog stick while spamming R2, you'll save a little bit of time between each slam.

Best thing is to do the sword combo, since you can do more damage per break, make up damage if you miss an attack or shield doesn't break/crota starts moving, etc.

R1 R1 R2 is the combo. Just do 2 combos instead of 3 R2's, or you can mix and match a combo with R2, 2 x R2, even 3x R2 if your timing is perfect.

If you're playing on normal, you should be able to kill crota in the third shield break regardless of which combo you use.

Perfect, thanks Ruthless.

Victory was so close last night, it was bitter going to bed defeated.

R1/R1/R2 sounds easy enough, I'll definitely do that

1. There's some animation reset time required, you can't spam super speed. Holding forward on the left analog stick can help, the delay between hits shouldn't be too long. I've also heard using armor with increased melee attack speed helps but never noticed a huge difference myself.
  2. No no no no no! That attack actually does less damage and takes waaaay longer to animate. It's horrible.

Thank Drizzay. I thought the standing up in the middle of my desperate R2 mashing was some lag issue or something

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Up + R2 clacks. Safer method is to just use R1 R1 R2 combo and two R2 slams. Three if you're a hunter. It does the max damage.

Up + R2 clacks. Safer method is to just use R1 R1 R2 combo and two R2 slams. Three if you're a hunter. It does the max damage.

What does being hunter have to do with it? I also don't really recommend messing with combo's when someone is first learning sword. They already have enough to worry about, get that first kill then worry about maximizing damage.

Besides, actually doing max damage has way more to do with networking/server lag than anything else. When Scrota's immune shield has popped up before his knee touches the ground, it's not gonna matter what combo you were throwing at him.

daedalius

Man thralls with arc burn and lightswitch can just fuck right off.

One flanked and killed me and another in one swing, and of course our other teammate was down.

Omnigul had like 10% life left. Sigh

Manp

Congrats! 365 hours is nothing! I am at 600 plus and no Ghally or hawkmoon.

according to destinystatus.com i'm at 717 hours of actual playtime (1060 including tower?! o_O) and i still haven't got that fucking monte carlo. ffs it's not like it's gjallarhorn or anything! it's a crappy monte carlo :(

why can't i complete my exotics collection :( i don't know what the fuck i'm supposed to do with 4 hawkmoons ffs!

btw, weekly 3xNFs update:

- FWC rocket launcher (with a crappy roll)
- Dead Orbit rocket launcher (with a crappy roll)
- MK.44 Stand Asides (at least this one has a great roll)

also 6xGorgon Chests (thanks DeathJR :) )... nothing :|

Nightfall gave me 1 legendary engram.

Weekly gave me 2 legendary engrams.

Fix this shit Bungie.

I seriously got better stuff from a ROC Strike yesterday than I did 2/3 of my Nightfalls. Can't beat an Exotic drop, even if it's the same thing you received for the first time twenty minutes earlier.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
What does being hunter have to do with it? I also don't really recommend messing with combo's when someone is first learning sword. They already have enough to worry about, get that first kill then worry about maximizing damage.

Besides, actually doing max damage has way more to do with networking/server lag than anything else. When Scrota's immune shield has popped up before his knee touches the ground, it's not gonna matter what combo you were throwing at him.
I find it really difficult to get that third R2 hit in with other classes. Yeah, Crota is unpredictable that's why I don't really bother with doing max damage anymore.

njd_online

Banned
Hmmm (looks at Noomi)

NJD as in "Rangers Suck" as in New Jersey Devils?

Noomi and I are both in NJ. :p

PSN: ColonelOCorn

LOL but wait I got the Foil. You should ask Scarlet what he did with his.

You guys should fill my spot with Narmer if I'm ever absent. Between you both engaging in Hard Mode
inebriated state
™ the universe might implode - kinda like that warlock picture a few pages back.

Urmm No! haha! I'm in the UK - Don't much at all about the New Jersey Devils I'm afraid!

I find it really difficult to get that third R2 hit in with other classes. Yeah, Crota is unpredictable that's why I don't really bother with doing max damage anymore.

You use Mask of the Third Man? Could be related to increased melee attack perk but probably has more to do with easier timing of approach with Hunter invis. More than anything it has to do with how long Scrota feels like keeping his shield down, haha.

As long as people understand the encounter you can adjust sword damage as necessary. Besides, a 2 sword HM kill is a whopping ~2 minutes faster than 3 swords with fast Ogre kills, ~4 minutes faster than 3 swords with slow Ogres.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Huh. Was on GAF today when the news that the 1.2.0 update wasn't happening today. Just logged in to see the House of Wolves trailer has been added to the Universe Map.

Was hoping this'd happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom