• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants to see this happen, if only to see the collective reaction. The rest of me really wants this to happen so I can play witcher 3 without missing out on HoW.

Anyone doing hm templar or have the checkpoint?

Same. Wouldn't mind the delay.

I have hard oracles if you want the checkpoint.

Waldini

No pre-patch yesterday. A day has gone by without Bungie giving us some information as to what the F*CK happened. My guess is that they found a game-breaking bug somewhere deep in Crota's End.

It's still weird. Tuesday = patch-day.

Reddit seems to believe that last patch contained everything. Weapons, missions, gear ... Which is something I don't believe.Recent data-mining (last big patch) didn't show the Dreg's Promise did it? Or that new Exotic (Fallen) Sniper?

I dunno about IB, but in regular Crucible TTK is just too long. All of the bullshit weapons outclass it, like TLW, Thorn and the Vex. I have a Warlock with OM, that's why I got this thing. I haven't yet unlocked string of curses, I'm hoping the perk will save it. :p But as far as shooting goes, I don't really like it. I'm constantly spending full clips to down enemies in PVE and I can't really land headshots with it properly.

Maybe it's all about the perk, I guess.

When it comes to pvp and pulse rifles. I'd definitely take Red Death over Bad Juju. It has faster kill times and the unique perks are much more useful for 1vX situations compared to BJ. It's also great when going up against Thorn users. Pve on the other hand, I'd take BJ, unless you're doing something that limits health regen. But yeah, you definitely need to get String of Curses, it makes the weapon.

Nuszka

First off, obligatory Good Morning DGaf!

Macello saved the hard crota checkpoint, so we can run it again today if you want :) I still Need 2 NF's/Weeklies if your up for it later in the day as well.

Also started playing some crucible again, gotta git gud!

Yeah i am cool with the nf and weeklys and after that some crucible lol.

Namikaze1

So uh

Hezens Vengeance, that Mini-Mirv passive? It's just cluster grenade. I'm guessing it's a left over from them naming perks differently even though they do the same damn thing.

I am disappointed. I'm going to...take a long walk.
You must be so happy I chose to show mercy. Now go level up that Gjallarhorn instead. It's far more worthy of that heavy spot than Hezen.

I dunno about IB, but in regular Crucible TTK is just too long. All of the bullshit weapons outclass it, like TLW, Thorn and the Vex. I have a Warlock with OM, that's why I got this thing. I haven't yet unlocked string of curses, I'm hoping the perk will save it. :p But as far as shooting goes, I don't really like it. I'm constantly spending full clips to down enemies in PVE and I can't really land headshots with it properly.

Maybe it's all about the perk, I guess.

Maybe it's a playstyle thing. You also don't like the MIDA, while I love using it in PvP. I admit I'm not good at PvP, but I killed plenty of TLW, Thorn and Vex guys with the MIDA in the last Iron Banner.

Some friends were recommending the Vex when I started since it was my first time giving PvP a shot, but didn't do well with it and I didn't feel it handled right for me. Tried the MIDA just to see and did much better, felt it handled much better. Which I guess it means it fits my playstyle better. I even fully leveled the MIDA in IB instead of PvE and bounties like I usually do, since it was still unupgraded having bought it the week before from Xur.

So uh

Hezens Vengeance, that Mini-Mirv passive? It's just cluster grenade. I'm guessing it's a left over from them naming perks differently even though they do the same damn thing.

I am disappointed. I'm going to...take a long walk.

There's a reason it's been sitting in my vault ever since I got my Hungers.

ocean

Banned
Fired up Destiny during my lunch break just to test the shitty 720p TV and the shitty 768kup connection.

Played a Crucible match with zero lag, went 1.6 with ~25 kills, then headed back to the office. I'm so relieved this setup is still fully playable and enjoyable :)

I'll get to grind marks during the weekend to prepare for the inevitable :)

Lnkn52

I've got this gut feeling HoW will be delayed ...

tumblr_m7fkgr8SKa1qb4p3ko1_500.gif

jett

D-Member
When it comes to pvp and pulse rifles. I'd definitely take Red Death over Bad Juju. It has faster kill times and the unique perks are much more useful for 1vX situations compared to BJ. It's also great when going up against Thorn users. Pve on the other hand, I'd take BJ, unless you're doing something that limits health regen. But yeah, you definitely need to get String of Curses, it makes the weapon.

Yeah, looking at stats Red Death just seems to be better weapon, rate of fire is almost the same but its impact stat is almost four times higher.

Maybe it's a playstyle thing. You also don't like the MIDA, while I love using it in PvP. I admit I'm not good at PvP, but I killed plenty of TLW, Thorn and Vex guys with the MIDA in the last Iron Banner.

Some friends were recommending the Vex when I started since it was my first time giving PvP a shot, but didn't do well with it and I didn't feel it handled right for me. Tried the MIDA just to see and did much better, felt it handled much better. Which I guess it means it fits my playstyle better. I even fully leveled the MIDA in IB instead of PvE and bounties like I usually do, since it was still unupgraded having bought it the week before from Xur.

Yea, maybe it's just a matter of personal state and playstyle.

I sure wish I got TLW when Xur solid it though. :p

ocean

Banned
Is there enough space in the vault + inventory for every exotic and legendary weapon? Probably not, right?
Actually, surprisingly maybe?

There's 9 slots per character per weapon type. I don't think there are 27 Legendary weapons of every type. In the beefiest scenario, we'd have:

Vanguard x3
Crucible x3
FWC x3
DO x3
NM x3
VoG
CE
IB
QW
ToO
PoE

X3 assuming a full lineup in each faction of Vanilla, TDB and HoW weapons of each type. Grand total: 22 Legendaries of each type.

Using all 9 slots across 3 characters you could store them all with some space left over. There's also factions that repeat weapons across expansions (we saw Judgment will stick around for example) so the total is probably less per weapon class.

Someone correct me if I missed something. This brings an entirely new meaning to the Pokedex. Shame we can't buy the old weapons anymore...

Edit: forgot some vendors have multiple weapons of the same kind (2 Scouts for example). Ok forget my quick adding, I don't know the answer :p

Waldini

That would be an epically major disaster after all the marketing if it had major bugs that forced them to delay it...

.... I just hope they don't delay current gen because of problems with the last gen game....

... That would make me upset.

Nah man, they've decided to let RNGeebus handle update launches and the expansion release date. When will we get them? Who knows! RNGeebus

Part of me wants to see this happen, if only to see the collective reaction. The rest of me really wants this to happen so I can play witcher 3 without missing out on HoW.

Anyone doing hm templar or have the checkpoint?

Nope, can't happen. I already took the 20th off, Bungie has to deliver.. or else.... we wait :|

star-wars-can-feel-your-anger.gif

Every Exotic yes. If you also want every Legendary, not even remotely close :p

Hummmmm. I have a a bunch of primary legendaries. I got Fatebringer so I know there's no need for Lord High Fixer anymore, but I do love it so. I also have MIDA but also NITC and Saterienne. AND I have For The People, Payback, AND Vanquisher. See also Steel Oracle, Admonsher, and Cure

And I just got Mythoclast but I still love Murmur. Icebreaker versus Black Widow, the list goes ever onward! I guess I'll eventually reach some point where I'm bored with even legendaries and start sharding them, but man.

Don't make me choose, Destiny.

HigXx

Someone correct me if I missed something. This brings an entirely new meaning to the Pokedex. Shame we can't buy the old weapons anymore

Xur has to start selling something! :p Keep saying this bit him selling random old weapons/gear each week would be amazing

Those adds spawned AFTER the other guys teleported into the right portal. I was already inside, blind.

Wow, you survived a long time lost in the dark corners of time then. Never thought about anyone staying behind in one of the portals and surviving, but it's logical. There's no wipe because of that.

Still, interesting they didn't agro on you. It sometimes seems it's line of sight, but others it feels like it's just proximity. Maybe this confirms it's line of sight.

Yeah, looking at stats Red Death just seems to be better weapon, rate of fire is almost the same but its impact stat is almost four times higher.

Yea, maybe it's just a matter of personal state and playstyle.

I sure wish I got TLW when Xur solid it though. :p
Yes it's definitely a matter of playstyle.

I am a firm believer that pretty much any weapon can be used effectively in crucible. I have yet to come across a weapon that was unusable in pvp. Well Bad Juju before it was buffed was fucking awful and worthless.

noomi

So do you guys think the Preatorian Foil will be good for House of Wolves once ascended to 365. Isn't it the highest impact fusion rifle?

Wow, you survived a long time lost in the dark corners of time then. Never thought about anyone staying behind in one of the portals and surviving, but it's logical. There's no wipe because of that.

Still, interesting they didn't agro on you. It sometimes seems it's line of sight, but others it feels like it's just proximity. Maybe this confirms it's line of sight.

I may have been invisible to them too, or I may have been dead and self resurrected. I don't remember.

So do you guys think the Preatorian Foil will be good for House of Wolves once ascended to 365. Isn't it the highest impact fusion rifle?

Sure, if there is a giant shank boss with a solar shield.

I haven't seen the Vex room in PoE yet, but maybe we have to destroy oracles there instead of capping/destroying mines. In that case PFoil will be awesome.

Where / how is the way to farm hydra and ogre kills?

I think I saw a video once for farming ogres. If I remember correctly, on the normal difficulty of the Shrine of Oryx mission after killing the wizard, you'll walk through a tube into an area with Fallen/Hive fighting each other and one red bar ogre. Kill the ogre and jump off the platform and repeat.

Edit - Here's the video:

Ogre farming spot

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So stiill in the hospital still, been 11 days so far and outlook is still grim
Legs are very stiff/rigid, get locked up, asking doctors to look at back muscles and ner es to release the stress in both my legs
Requesting for a MRI has gone on deaf ears

On other news they finally weighed me right and crazy results
On February 20th I weighed 475lbs, now on May 12th I'm @374.9lbs, lol, sorry couldn't resist rounding it to 375, every .1 counts!
So 100 lbs lighter, I can really feel it, my belly went in by a lot
Also built up enough willpower in myself to see myself at least 200 lbs by end of next year

Been exercising relentlessly upper body wise that mymuscles are starting to protrude outwards and I can.start seeing muscle definition and cuts in areas where the was just weakened muscle and fat

Might miss out on HoW from the starting gate but eventually I will be along side you all soon again and having fun

ocean

Banned
Legs are very stiff/rigid, get locked up, asking doctors to look at back muscles and ner es to release the stress in both my legs

On February 20th I weighed 475lbs, now on May 12th I'm @374.9lbs, lol, sorry couldn't resist rounding it to 375, every .1 counts!
Also built up enough willpower in myself to see myself at least 200 lbs by end of next year

Been exercising relentlessly upper body wise that mymuscles are starting to protrude outwards and I can.start seeing muscle definition and cuts in areas where the was just weakened muscle and fat

Might miss out on HoW from the starting gate but eventually I will be along side you all soon again and having fun
Thoughts are with you grave, hope you get better soon. And congrats on the exercise. Stay disciplined, it will pay off. A lot of people think of exercise as a way to look better but it's very much about health too.

Look forward to playing with you soon. You should get someone to sneak you a Vita so you can remote play :p

Stay strong and you'll be back on your own two feet in no time.

This is the truth.

I've been killed by Red Death more than I would like to admit. The most horrible part is that my Mark of the Devourer is negated by Red Death. I think Red Death is extremely viable due to the buff to pulse rifles in the game. A Red Death/Thorn battle truly is a fair fight. Also, Red Death works well when playing Crota on Hard mode.

As far as Bad Juju is concerned, the lack of need to reload is such a great perk. Stringing kills together and ultimately being able to drop another Nova Bomb makes it my favorite weapon for my Warlock. I (and many others) have expounded upon the deadly combination of Bad Juju/Obsidian Mind. If you run a Warlock, you really need to run that combination when doing dailies, Roc strikes, patrols and the like. Your teammates will love you for all the orbs you generate.

Nothing like a weasel error right in the middle of the Omnigul strike.

Fucking bullshit.

For me it's been a lot of baboon errors. I was running raids on Sunday and I had to reboot my PS4 to get it to stop.

FUN RUN SQUAD.

1) Hey guys, are we able to run on Thursday this week?

2) What are we going to do once HoW drops?

Definitely down for Thursday. Hopefully I don't flake out again and miss it ;_;

HoW is a weird one given the lack of 6-person stuff. I don't think any Fun Runners are dying to do Trials of Osiris stuff but I'm certainly happy to play that with people if there's interest.

Otherwise we could do any raid that sounds fun or do two groups of 3 and hang out in party chat. It's kind of a bummer though since you can chat with each other about w/e but then it can get confusing if you need to talk about in-game stuff. As long as we aren't trying to do super pro-mode Lv35 PoE that shouldn't be a problem, haha.

So I just listened to the recent mythocast episode and it's amazing how everyone was so spot on about what Prison of Elders would be like. Great stuff everyone.

haha thanks dude! Hopefully we weren't too ramble-y. I remember it was a pretty lengthy conversation.

haha thanks dude! Hopefully we weren't too ramble-y. I remember it was a pretty lengthy conversation.

Not at all. It was great to listen to while doing bounties and stuff. It almost felt like I was in party chat with everyone and once or twice I replied to a remark forgetting it was a pre recorded podcast :p

When's the next one? If there is space I would like to join as well, especially if it's on the weekend :)

Bad Juju sucks in PVP and PVE.

Why is this weapon supposed to be good again.

You serious? I routinely tell Hawkmoon and Thorn users to eat dirt with Bad Juju 1v1. Bad Juju wrecks. Plus you can get sprees going easy is clusters cause you never have to reload. No need to even mention how fast it gets your super up.

Not at all. It was great to listen to while doing bounties and stuff. It almost felt like I was in party chat with everyone and once or twice I replied to a remark forgetting it was a pre recorded podcast :p

When's the next one? If there is space I would like to join as well, especially if it's on the weekend :)

:lol

Next one is gonna be Sunday around 7pm EST. Just let Todd know your Skype details and you're set!

Where / how is the way to farm hydra and ogre kills?

I think I saw a video once for farming ogres. If I remember correctly, on the normal difficulty of the Shrine of Oryx mission after killing the wizard, you'll walk through a tube into an area with Fallen/Hive fighting each other and one red bar ogre. Kill the ogre and jump off the platform and repeat.

Edit - Here's the video:

Ogre farming spot

Here is a video with out all the BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-1x0PIEJs

1 Ogre per 36/37 seconds.

jett

D-Member
This is the truth.

I've been killed by Red Death more than I would like to admit. The most horrible part is that my Mark of the Devourer is negated by Red Death. I think Red Death is extremely viable due to the buff to pulse rifles in the game. A Red Death/Thorn battle truly is a fair fight. Also, Red Death works well when playing Crota on Hard mode.

As far as Bad Juju is concerned, the lack of need to reload is such a great perk. Stringing kills together and ultimately being able to drop another Nova Bomb makes it my favorite weapon for my Warlock. I (and many others) have expounded upon the deadly combination of Bad Juju/Obsidian Mind. If you run a Warlock, you really need to run that combination when doing dailies, Roc strikes, patrols and the like. Your teammates will love you for all the orbs you generate.

For me it's been a lot of baboon errors. I was running raids on Sunday and I had to reboot my PS4 to get it to stop.

A Thorn user eh?

RkWCYvm.gif

You serious? I routinely tell Hawkmoon and Thorn users to eat dirt with Bad Juju 1v1. Bad Juju wrecks. Plus you can get sprees going easy is clusters cause you never have to reload. No need to even mention how fast it gets your super up.

Aight, aight, I'll review the weapon again when I get string of curses. :p But I really do miss popping enemies with a single headshot with any of the several handguns I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom