• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Why does Bungie hate Void Primaries. or just Void weapons in general.

This will be the 3rd time now that Void weapons are outnumbered by the others.

Hmmm... I don't think that picture is accurate anymore. The names have changed, and we're not even sure about the elemental damage anymore.

Also... if it is true.... wtf to another solar rocket launcher....

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

*shrug* Solar is the "common" element type, void is the "rare" element type. I see a Solar Hand Cannon and a Void Scout on that wall, so I couldn't be happier.

The real question is why and how pulse rifles have contracted "Arc-Only Syndrome"

Deku Tree

My PS gold headset started making electric interference sounds last night like crackles and zaps in the background.

I don't know if it was me of coming from someone else in the chat...

... I got it less than a year ago... Does this happen to anyone else? Should I look into a warranty thing? Did I break it by using a kindle charger?

EDIT:

*shrug* Solar is the "common" element type, void is the "rare" element type. I see a Solar Hand Cannon and a Void Scout on that wall, so I couldn't be happier.

The real question is why and how pulse rifles have contracted "Arc-Only Syndrome"

The real question for me is why no exotic Arc RL? Why no raid arc RL yet? Why always solor?

Lnkn52

DNKTnbV.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My PS gold headset started making electric interference sounds last night like crackles and zaps in the background.

... I got it less than a year ago... Does this happen to anyone else? Should I look into a warranty thing? Did I break it by using a kindle charger?
Is this only in PS Party chat, or does it happen with any sound even if you aren't in a chat?

Deku Tree

Is this only in PS Party chat, or does it happen with any sound even if you aren't in a chat?

IDK I need to do more testing. Only noticed it as I was about to log off.

The real question for me is why no exotic Arc RL? Why no raid arc RL yet? Why always solor?

If I had to pick one, I would say the vendor Three Little Words. It has Headseeker, which increases precision damage when hit a body shot first. It also has Third Eye. It is great for long range encounters, but because it shoots rather slow, you might be outgunned in close quarter situations.

Thanks for the tip, I have one that has headseeker and glasshalf full that I haven't maxed yet. I didn't like the rate of fire like you said I'll try to get both those perks to see if it makes any difference.

Homeboyd

Reddit also says that's likely not accurate. This gun was specifically shown in the stream and is different from that pic:

4f2f851633.jpg

No arc.

Deku Tree

Reddit also says that's likely not accurate. This gun was specifically shown in the stream and is different from that pic:

4f2f851633.jpg

No arc.

No elemental at all.

IMO if PoE does have elemental primaries then they'll be locked behind level 35 PoE and never sold in the reef and we don't yet know all about the level 35 rewards.

My PS gold headset started making electric interference sounds last night like crackles and zaps in the background. Did I break it by using a kindle charger?

I've been charging mine with a Kindle charge since I bought it without problems. i wouldn't worry about that.

Reddit also says that's likely not accurate.

It might not be the same weapon. The Wolfslayer's Claw is sold by the PoE vendor. There's speculation the elemental weapons will be drops within the PoE.

Tried some PvP....I had a lot of fun but I'm so bad. Can't remember the last time I played a competitive shooter with a controller. Sorry in advance if I'm ever on your team.

If I can find the video again, I'll go back and check. My very vague memory is that possibly there was a weird glitch where people were joining the fireteam after switching characters and that picture happened on our very first teleport. You were already inside sitting there...? Not sure, very strange.

Don't think that is possible, because I would have been lost in the dark corners of time.

The only other explanation I have is that I got teleported while I was sitting down on the sync plate outside, but why would it place me at that location instead of at the top of the stairs?

I didn't explain it very well, what I meant is that you were outside with the rest of us like normal, not that you'd gone inside on purpose. A couple people were flying from orbit after switching characters, Atheon did his first teleport... and then I saw that, lol. (edit: and yeah, I'm not sure if a third person was ported to the top with me or if you were the 3rd or what...)

Maybe I'm hallucinating the memory, I'll try to track down the video if I can.

Ah, the other reason to play Destiny! To figure out the misteries of the Glitchverse!

...of course just like the Swordbearers' true motives for not deciding between left and right, we'll probably never know...

Waldini

No elemental at all.

IMO if PoE does have elemental primaries then they'll be locked behind level 35 PoE and never sold in the reef and we don't yet know all about the level 35 rewards.

I have a feeling there are several new weapons that have yet to be revealed. Hence the fact I hate the fact Bungie delayed the "patch".

Hmmm... I don't think that picture is accurate anymore. The names have changed, and we're not even sure about the elemental damage anymore.

Also... if it is true.... wtf to another solar rocket launcher....

Are these the PoE unique weapons?

First time I've seen the PoE primaries, where did you find this? Nice to see a solar hand cannon finally.

Wait, is this confirmed..?

If so that Void Scout-Rifle will be mine, and so will the Arc sniper and Solar Heavy Machinegun... Surprised by yet another Solar Rocket Launcher though.

Found it on Reddit.

4f2f851633.jpg

No arc.

You've linked a different looking gun, with a different name and different elements.

I'd say we're talking about 2 different things, possibly.

Edit: Also "The Gun with No Name" is the best name ever for a gun.

Kal_El

Bad Juju sucks in PVP and PVE.

Why is this weapon supposed to be good again.

Bad Juju is amazing in PVP; The stability and full autoness of the Juju makes it a headshot machine. I can regularly beat thorn and hawkmoon. We may need to team up for some PVP Juju goodness.

Homeboyd

Found it on Reddit.

You've linked a different looking gun, with a different name and different elements.

I'd say we're talking about 2 different things, possibly.
Check that same thread... down a little further. It's the same exact model. Different name, no element.

The options are a) the name and damage has been changed or b) there's 2 versions of the same gun. But that's the same gun model and both PoE, except this one was shown in game and the original pic is datamined (aka old).

Since all of my characters are at 32, I'm toying with the concept of a Destiny sabbatical until next Tuesday for HoW.

Is anyone planning on not doing CE or at least not making it a priority?

Lnkn52

What font did you use for the title? I was messing around with a MS Word Mail merge to make updating easy, but it doesn't look nearly as good.

eyuMH2K.png

That looks good. It's Helvetica Neue 55 (with a loose tracking). It has to be the same font they use for the UI in Destiny.

Edit: If you need the font, shoot me a PM. What I did won't be as easy to edit as yours. I was thinking of doing it on Google Sheets since that is something everyone has access too but I couldn't figure out how to add thumbnails to a specific size.

EDIT:

actually, i heard that in our party chat last night, only when you were talking. :(

Namikaze1

I had more kills playing with randoms than i did playing with Drizzay. -___-

Ended up joining midway through a skirmish match. Faced a team of titans. They won. When I joined, it was 2500 to like 375. we ended up losing by 900-1000 points.

Don't remember what that looks like.

CE5FYKiWIAAxNh5.png

That looks good. It's Helvetica Neue 55 (with a loose tracking). It has to be the same font they use for the UI in Destiny.

Edit: If you need the font, shoot me a PM. What I did won't be as easy to edit as yours. I was thinking of doing it on Google Sheets since that is something everyone has access too but I couldn't figure out how to add thumbnails to a specific size.

I don't have any Helvetica Fonts, but let me see if I can get the merge to work right. And yeah, I guess not everyone has access to word and excel. I don't have access to google docs from work, so I always forget about that.

That looks good. It's Helvetica Neue 55 (with a loose tracking). It has to be the same font they use for the UI in Destiny..

Quick heads up, Destiny actually uses Neue Haas Grotesk as the font face for most of the interface. It's a lightly tweaked Helvetica update. If you don't have access to Neue Haas, then Helvetica Neue is as close as you'll get.

ich00

I noticed it too last night, only towards the end of the raid. I just thought it was internet problems since it seemed like that was happening with a few others.

I use a nook charger all the time for mine, so it shouldn't be that I don't think. I have heard complaints before about thier durability, but that's mostly people dropping them and what not. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing.

Lnkn52

Quick heads up, Destiny actually uses Neue Hass Grotesk as the font face for most of the interface. It's a lightly tweaked Helvetica update. If you don't have access to Neue Haas, then Helvetica Neue is as close as you'll get.

TY! Where did you get this information? Is there a breakdown on the process involved in designing the UI/UX?

Edit: NM; Google is my friend.

I thought I read that the big HoW patch is coming at 10am PST May 19.

or is that just when it 'activates?'

I suppose it was supposed to activate this week? But didn't? And then bungie was like 'STANDBY GUARDIANS WE'LL UPDATE YOU' And then they never updated us.

Bungies gone for cigarettes, and they've never come back.

Waldini

I thought I read that the big HoW patch is coming at 10am PST May 19.

or is that just when it 'activates?'

We were supposed to get another patch last tuesday. Adding more content and world changes. May 19th was supposed to "activate" the HoW content.

Remember last Data-Mine? They didn't find anything related to the Dreg's Promise and new Exotic Wire Sniper Rifle... There's a good chance more new stuff is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom