• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Crota NM and HM x 3 last night (from Deathsinger on normal), came back and checked my mailbox and I realize that got four exotics total. Plan C, Thunderlord, Dragon's Breath, and an Icebreaker in the mailbox. That ain't a bad haul for an hour and a half, even though I'm still #4evaCruxless. I think Noomi got four too.

dB Viper

Crux Hype!! Finally! Couldn't have come at a better time for me right before HoW! No more CE HM!

Own all XB1 weapon exotics now and only missing Lucky Raspberry. Also #ForeverNoSwordBreaker from Crota's End. Someday I'll get it...

aarcane

Got a third Vex from Atheon last night with Xbone DGAF (due to a shameful jumping failure on my part, I was just a spectator for the fight, but that's another story). Now I'm going to have to start up a second and third character. I'm thinking about going with a Defender Titan first as I've got a Helm of Saint-14 sitting in my vault, but I'm open to suggestions.

I think I saw a video once for farming ogres. If I remember correctly, on the normal difficulty of the Shrine of Oryx mission after killing the wizard, you'll walk through a tube into an area with Fallen/Hive fighting each other and one red bar ogre. Kill the ogre and jump off the platform and repeat.

Edit - Here's the video:

Ogre farming spot

Hydra - black garden
Ogre - shrine of oryx

Both on lowest difficulty. Kill enemy, wipe. Repeat.

Here is a video with out all the BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2-1x0PIEJs

1 Ogre per 36/37 seconds.

Cheers people!

Waldini

Crux Hype!! Finally! Couldn't have come at a better time for me right before HoW! No more CE HM!

Own all XB1 weapon exotics now and only missing Lucky Raspberry. Also #ForeverNoSwordBreaker from Crota's End. Someday I'll get it...

Hehe ... he... haha... hahaha ha.. ha. Just wait untill you use that Necrochasm.

Join team #TeamForeverHungry

Finished Crota 120 times ... still haven't gotten a Hunger.

Is there some time that'd be good for EU folks? I could maybe set up an alternate time newbie thing if there was enough interest.

I still remember the hype when you pulled it out of the CE Abyss chest, good times. Nice to see you posting more again!

You are 103 actually. Sadly #101 has had to wait two days to be added since I was reset raiding/slacking.

I kinda want to make a new graphic for the list but I'm not terribly skilled at it. I saw Kadey post about doing some scrolling thing with the list, that might be an option.

Ah, that's cool. Yeah I've been "gone" since we finished the reset activities until now. I'll wait until some group wants to do legit runs, I enjoy those encounters too much to keep giving them the short stick.

page top edit: Besides you're always slacking in VoG. I mean look at this:

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but you can spruce it up a bit just in excel. Without much effort:

s8o4gTn.png

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

Especially DeathJR for carrying me through an annoying 2 weeks of "shut the hell up Sars, sit in the corner and wait for the drop" Crota Runs.

N0oblet for taking a lowly geared level 31 through a flawless raid.

WheelHoss for the awesome first time Iron Banner experience, we both failed misarebly and many a bad ass GAF member took us under their wing to make IB worthwhile.

Oh and a special thanks to Breezy. Your the wind beneath my wings!

Oh and Math. I will post a pic of my victory beer tomorrow.

EDIT: I forgot Fearless Leader (Sorry Kadey) It was cool of you to take some of us under your wing and add us to SEXY!

warcraft_southpark.jpg

And what does one do once they get Guardian Lord you might ask...

Well simple, now I have to boot up Destiny for the Xboxone again and get Guardian Lord there.
congrats, #101!

dB Viper

Hehe ... he... haha... hahaha ha.. ha. Just wait untill you use that Necrochasm.

Join team #TeamForeverHungry

Finished Crota 120 times ... still haven't gotten a Hunger.

Hehe.. yes, it's pretty bad. Mainly wanted for collection purposes.

And I hear ya... I'm around 100+ completions too and no Swordbreaker. Damn you RNG...

FFS Marlon. I thought he was gonna go the whole two matches without a single kill.

CE41oxNWoAACulc.jpg

CE41uQEWMAALloW.jpg

Why don't I ever get the Thorn using assholes on my team?

FFS Marlon. I thought he was gonna go the whole two matches without a single kill.

I can't possibly imagine why you'd subject yourself to randoms in Skirmish. I played one match solo the other day and the 2-man team with me immediately left then the 3-man enemy fireteam would t-bag when they killed me. Fun times.

images

Guardian Lord 101!

I want to thank NeoGAF

Especially DeathJR for carrying me through an annoying 2 weeks of "shut the hell up Sars, sit in the corner and wait for the drop" Crota Runs.

N0oblet for taking a lowly geared level 31 through a flawless raid.

WheelHoss for the awesome first time Iron Banner experience, we both failed misarebly and many a bad ass GAF member took us under their wing to make IB worthwhile.

Oh and a special thanks to Breezy. Your the wind beneath my wings!

Oh and Math. I will post a pic of my victory beer tomorrow.

EDIT: I forgot Fearless Leader (Sorry Kadey) It was cool of you to take some of us under your wing and add us to SEXY!

warcraft_southpark.jpg

And what does one do once they get Guardian Lord you might ask...

Well simple, now I have to boot up Destiny for the Xboxone again and get Guardian Lord there.

Congrats, Sars! Glad I could be there and keep you off the bottom of the scoreboard during many an IB match xD

Wow, you survived a long time lost in the dark corners of time then. Never thought about anyone staying behind in one of the portals and surviving, but it's logical. There's no wipe because of that.

Still, interesting they didn't agro on you. It sometimes seems it's line of sight, but others it feels like it's just proximity. Maybe this confirms it's line of sight.

I may have been invisible to them too, or I may have been dead and self resurrected. I don't remember..

If I can find the video again, I'll go back and check. My very vague memory is that possibly there was a weird glitch where people were joining the fireteam after switching characters and that picture happened on our very first teleport. You were already inside sitting there...? Not sure, very strange.

I'm still #4evaCruxless.

Crux Hype!!

I enjoy the timing of these posts.

If I can find the video again, I'll go back and check. My very vague memory is that possibly there was a weird glitch where people were joining the fireteam after switching characters and that picture happened on our very first teleport. You were already inside sitting there...? Not sure, very strange.

Don't think that is possible, because I would have been lost in the dark corners of time.

The only other explanation I have is that I got teleported while I was sitting down on the sync plate outside, but why would it place me at that location instead of at the top of the stairs?

I wonder if Driz has any dirt on me.

I can't possibly imagine why you'd subject yourself to randoms in Skirmish. I played one match solo the other day and the 2-man team with me immediately left then the 3-man enemy fireteam would t-bag when they killed me. Fun times.
Idk sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's really not lol.

Also gotta practice carrying Nami when he isn't around. :p
This is how it will be to carry Nami through Trials of Osiris. Is your back ready? :p

My back is strong. I can do this. I will do this.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but you can spruce it up a bit just in excel. Without much effort:

No offense to your (or my) Excel skills but I was hoping for something a little swankier, haha. I can try messing with it some more but I know there are people around here much more skilled than I would be for graphic design type stuff.

Don't think that is possible, because I would have been lost in the dark corners of time.

The only other explanation I have is that I got teleported while I was sitting down on the sync plate outside, but why would it place me at that location instead of at the top of the stairs?

I didn't explain it very well, what I meant is that you were outside with the rest of us like normal, not that you'd gone inside on purpose. A couple people were flying from orbit after switching characters, Atheon did his first teleport... and then I saw that, lol. (edit: and yeah, I'm not sure if a third person was ported to the top with me or if you were the 3rd or what...)

Maybe I'm hallucinating the memory, I'll try to track down the video if I can.

ocean

Banned

Idk sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's really not lol.

Also gotta practice carrying Nami when he isn't around. :p

That's the spirit. Your back is commendable, my blue lady. You'll also carry me one day, I hope.

Aaaaaah bored at work and wish I were doing PoE instead. Tuesday can't come soon enough

No offense to your (or my) Excel skills but I was hoping for something a little swankier, haha. I can try messing with it some more but I know there are people around here much more skilled than I would be for graphic design type stuff.

;) always looking for an excuse to squeeze myself into a GL list.

I dunno about IB, but in regular Crucible TTK is just too long. All of the bullshit weapons outclass it, like TLW, Thorn and the Vex. I have a Warlock with OM, that's why I got this thing. I haven't yet unlocked string of curses, I'm hoping the perk will save it. :p But as far as shooting goes, I don't really like it. I'm constantly spending full clips to down enemies in PVE and I can't really land headshots with it properly.

Maybe it's all about the perk, I guess.

ftfy
yes, for all exotics, even the "bad" ones, it's all about the exotic perk.

I can't deal with random 3v3/2v2 PVP. I'd rather drive nails through my balls.

It's fun sometimes for an ego stroke sometimes. When not only do you have the entire enemy team fearing you, but your teammates are wary to stray to far from your side because they see you as some sort of super hero.

That is pretty great when your teammates start following you. I had a teammate yesterday that would shoot me every time he saw me as well haha.

I can't deal with random 3v3/2v2 PVP. I'd rather drive nails through my balls.

Oh, I'd never go 2v2 with a random. Too much of a crapshoot. 3v3 you're more likely to end up against a team of randoms, so it's a bit more fair. As long as the other team is bad, it doesn't matter as much if mine is lol.

noomi

Did Crota NM and HM x 3 last night (from Deathsinger on normal), came back and checked my mailbox and I realize that got four exotics total. Plan C, Thunderlord, Dragon's Breath, and an Icebreaker in the mailbox. That ain't a bad haul for an hour and a half, even though I'm still #4evaCruxless. I think Noomi got four too.

Nice, and yes 4 exotics for me as well.

1. Hawkmoon #4
2. Gjallarhorn #7
3. Universal Remote #LostCount
4. Patience & Time #LostCount

We'll get you that crux man, we gotta.

Also, did that Hard Crota checkpoint save for you? I'm a little skeptical about how we did that.

Planning on Hard Atheon x3 tonight, gotta stock up on them exotics shards ya know...

How did you effectively get a bevel without the drawing tools? I thought I was an excel pro but I can't recreate this! (sorry for the OT)

eh... goddamn thorn users

There are extra small cells between the data cells that are the "background". The data cells have a light grey border on the top and left, and a dark grey border on the bottom and right.

Bradach

There are extra small cells between the data cells that are the "background". The data cells have a light grey border on the top and left, and a dark grey border on the bottom and right.

Thanks. you're good. I'm gonna try that

EDIT: When you click on the cells they appear to depress too! Nice, i'm going to have to think of a macro that I can map to it!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol @ 23 pages already

Kyne and LadyKyne are out for tonight's Newbie raid- so Eidelon, you're back in if you want the spot (I'll PM You).

We then still have one space available. I need to push it back just to 9:15, I've got a dinner meeting for work that should be over well before then but just in case.

9:15PM CE Newbie Raid for tonight, the roster is

1. csbrodel
2. ArchonDragon
3. Eidelon
4. JeRkY
6. Hawkian

First to call the spot gets it
Can anyone recommend a good legendary primary for pvp?
Absolutely, help me out here though, can you narrow it down to one or at least two weapon classes?

I'm sure he does.

Dibs on your back once nami is done :p

I didn't explain it very well, what I meant is that you were outside with the rest of us like normal, not that you'd gone inside on purpose. A couple people were flying from orbit after switching characters, Atheon did his first teleport... and then I saw that, lol. (edit: and yeah, I'm not sure if a third person was ported to the top with me or if you were the 3rd or what...)

Maybe I'm hallucinating the memory, I'll try to track down the video if I can.

Hmm, well I have no memory of this particular instance. If it helps you narrow down your search, I'm on my warlock and he was created about 2 months ago, so you don't have to look through older vids :)

Can anyone recommend a good legendary primary for pvp?

If I had to pick one, I would say the vendor Three Little Words. It has Headseeker, which increases precision damage when hit a body shot first. It also has Third Eye. It is great for long range encounters, but because it shoots rather slow, you might be outgunned in close quarter situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom