• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I primarily use scout, pulse and auto. I'm absolutely garbage with hand cannons.
vision of confluence is deceptively killer in the Crucible, especially if you like both scout and auto (full auto). Any high impact scout with Third Eye is also a boon on the maps with good sightlines.

The Stranger's Rifle, vendor Three Little Worlds, Bad Juju, Oversoul Edict, and especially Red Death are all excellent choices for pulse.

Auto, there's the Vanquisher from New Monarchy, SUROS Regime, and the old Grim Citizen and Shadow Price... but you're basically not advised to use one. They no longer excel either for all-pupose ranged engagement (that's pulses now) or overall TTK (hand cannons). They're really only particularly effective at the ranges dominated by crazy-range shotguns and fusion rifles. Not to say you can't succeed with one, but there's almost universally a better choice for any playstyle since the nerf.

edit: Monte Carlo is a blast and viable for very particular, melee-focused builds (typically Sunsinger or Defender relying on Force Barrier), but it's not a standout in terms of actually shooting bullets

Found it on Reddit.

You've linked a different looking gun, with a different name and different elements
It does kinda look the same to me, but I don't really have any issue with the 35 PoE dropping different-named variants of the same gun models, with elemental damage added. They look good and there are lots of new weapon models coming with this expansion.
Edit: Also "The Gun with No Name" is the best name ever for a gun.
Undoubtedly a Sergio Leone reference.

Oh wow just catching up. Looks like there's multiple sets of weapons for Prison of Elders? That's awesome.

There's a vendor set and supposedly the level 35 arena drops unique weapons exclusive to it. Lord of Wolves is probably from that, the 'Vex Mythoclast/Necrocrapm' of the expansion. It will be mine, i SHALL be the Lord of Wolves.

How did I miss this. Did anyone post this in the last OT?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TJwwrZuiTJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It was in the last OT... but I think that one had a frame width of 565 and a height of 310... so... this is new to me...

Waldini

Oh wow just catching up. Looks like there's multiple sets of weapons for Prison of Elders? That's awesome.

There's a full Legendary Set of weapons coming with the Prison of Elders. There's also new Exotics coming. An exotic side-arm (Dreg's Promise) and a new Sniper. Pretty sure there is going to be a new Launcher too.

LTWood12

There's a full Legendary Set of weapons coming with the Prison of Elders. There's also new Exotics coming. An exotic side-arm (Dreg's Promise) and a new Sniper. Pretty sure there is going to be a new Launcher too.

Sounds like theres TWO full sets from what I'm gathering.

Zoidberg

I wonder if they started patching, found an issue and had to back it out. They must have done something as the HoW cinematic has suddenly appeared on the main screen.

Waldini

Sounds like theres TWO full sets from what I'm gathering.

That's possible.

TDB gave us;

No Land Beyond
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
4th Horseman

HoW looks like its going to add;

Dreg's Promise
Wire Sniper Rifle
Lord of Wolves
?????

DPJ, Gothalion, MoreConsole and several others dropped massive hints that the Gjallarhorn might be de-throned by another weapon coming with HoW.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
You guys realize its like 7:30am over there at Bungie HQ, right?

Give them a chance to actually get to work and drink their coffee.

You realize they stated at ~ 11 am Bungie time yesterday the patch was delayed and to stand by for details. They had plenty of time to add another tweet yesterday. Not that I actually expected them too, it's Bungie after all and I've learned to not expect much from Bungie anymore.

Deku Tree

That's possible.

TDB gave us;

No Land Beyond
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
4th Horseman

Dreg's Promise
Wire Sniper Rifle
Lord of Wolves
?????

DPJ, Gothalion, MoreConsole and several others dropped massive hints that the Gjallarhorn might be de-throned by another weapon coming with HoW.

They were clearly talking about the new limited use third person view canon thing IMO.

One of the exotics in TDB was PS exclusive. And you forgot FoAF exotic scout rifle that is most likely coming.

Zoidberg

That's possible.

TDB gave us;

No Land Beyond
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
4th Horseman

Dreg's Promise
Wire Sniper Rifle
Lord of Wolves
?????

I sure hope so, hopefully a better rocket launcher. Then I can join everyone at the cool table, still sitting at the kids table with Hunger as my best rocket launcher :|

raindoc

Anyone got a Gorgon NM checkpoint for me, or even better - needs to grab the chests too?

I'd also be up for a NF, or ANY raiding that's going on.

LTWood12

That's possible.

TDB gave us;

No Land Beyond
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
4th Horseman

Dreg's Promise
Wire Sniper Rifle
Lord of Wolves
?????

We're having two different conversations I think. I'm saying it looks like there are two full legendary sets of weapons for Prison of Elders. As in two auto rifles, two sniper rifles, etc. One lower tier that can be purchased w/ cores and gotten from lower level PoE drops, and another higher tier only from drops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone got a Gorgon NM checkpoint for me, or even better - needs to grab the chests too?

I'd also be up for a NF, or ANY raiding that's going on.

I can load up NM Gorgon's and HM Gorgon's for you when I'm home in about 20-30 mins. If you still need it by then that is...

Bungie really need to add a system that allows us to trade in a great deal of exotic materials for an Exotic of our choosing. I only need Hawkmoon to complete my collection yet have over 50 Exotic shards that i will never deplete upgrading Exotics.

Just let me spend 10 or more even exotic shards to pick my last missing exotic and make me happy, because at this moment when my 7th and 8th Dragon's Breath drop in a row on Ir Yut and Crota i just get pissed off with the game and with more exotics coming to add to pile it only going to get worse.

Remarkable that Bad Juju is absolutely key to this accomplishment though, who'd have ever guessed it.

That's actually funny, I thought it was a Crotas End Primary that he was using. I thought it was Abyss Defiant and was thinking 'Hmm, did it always have 24 ammo?'. Boy I'm dead tired.

Homeboyd

It does kinda look the same to me, but I don't really have any issue with the 35 PoE dropping different-named variants of the same gun models, with elemental damage added. They look good and there are lots of new weapon models coming with this expansion.
Yeah I'd be good with this too. You can buy or earn normal PoE weapons with PoE perks running any PoE activities below 35, and have the possibility of them dropping with elemental damage at 35 for primaries.

Not really sure what that means for special/heavy though. What would be the difference between a PoE non-level 35 and a level 35 special/heavy weapon? Considering everything can be re-rolled now, I'm not sure what benefit you would have there. Can certainly see the benefit for primaries however.

jett

D-Member
Wow, no

I'm certain he's joking.

I love how it is sure to specify "legit," then... cue Warlock trickery. lol

Remarkable that Bad Juju is absolutely key to this accomplishment though, who'd have ever guessed it.

I use fusion almost exclusively in PVP, I can't be arsed to switch between weapons just to take advantage of this shit, or to calculate the recharge time for the perk. And if I'm going to use a primary as my main, it's gonna be an exotic, so I can't use Plan C. So nope, not useful to me.

The Vex is a much more bullshittier fusion rifle (even if it doesn't exactly function as one). I can't speak for Pocket Infinity since I rarely see it being used.

I use fusion almost exclusively in PVP, I can't be arsed to switch between weapons just to take advantage of this shit, or to calculate the recharge time for the perk. And if I'm going to use a primary as my main, it's gonna be an exotic, so I can't use Plan C. So nope, not useful to me.

The Vex is a much more bullshittier fusion rifle (even if it doesn't exactly function as one). I can't speak for Pocket Infinity since I rarely see it being used.

Pocket Infinity is such a fun weapon! Problem with it, it goes through ammo too fast. Especially after the special ammo nerf. Shame because it's one of my favorite weapons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ftfy
yes, for all exotics, even the "bad" ones, it's all about the exotic perk.

Eh, it varies dramatically.

Monte Carlo, Bad Juju, Pocket Infinity, and hell, Gjallarhorn are fairly unremarkable without their exotic perks, but awesome with them.

Ice Breaker, SUROS Regime and hell even Hawkmoon are almost their full selves out of the box (or at least without their exotic perks, which offer only minor boosts).

Then you have stuff like Plan C, Thorn and Red Death which are great out of the box but are also significantly transformed by their exotic perks.

I love this weapon now, makes killing waves of thralls really fun.

Also any bounty that has you generate orbs or use a super becomes much easier and quicker to complete :D

I always skip those, thier time consuming even with added perks for it. unless you have a friend but I always do bounties han solo

vex might be one of the most useful guns in the game sans for high level content. and even then its pretty good, there are just better exotic options for high level play.
its my go to for almost every bounty. today for example it was key in
eris/ special weopon kills
van. kill 2 emenies 20x w/ F rifle
100 crit kills

Wallach

I really want to try the new exotic shotgun in HoW. The little 3 second clip we saw of it showed it fires in 5-shot bursts and the aesthetic is just awesome. I love most of the Fallen designs, actually.

As for more elemental primaries, bleh. Still feel like that entire idea cramps exotic primaries in PvE too much. Exotic primaries should have kept their elemental damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"Not useful to me" is fine. It doesn't suit your playstyle, there's plenty of things like that that apply to me too. World of difference from "shitty perk, mostly useless." You can run a high range primary and switch to Plan C to instantly kill shotgun rushers or even TLW users if you're quick enough. You can also just double tap triangle to activate it. You don't have to calculate the recharge time to take advantage of it so much as you can just expect it to be available when you need it as long as you're not trying to do it twice in a row.

It doesn't hurt that it's basically the best all-around fusion rifle even if it didn't have the perk.
The Vex and PI are both completely different weapons, they can all make a case individually for the bullshittiest. Obviously the vex uses primary ammo which is a massive advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom