• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's obsidian mind?

Yep. Had so much fun blasting goblins with it :)

warlock helm. nova bomb kills count towards the recharge of your next nova bomb. combined with bad juju you will have a nova bomb every 30 seconds or so as long as your killing things.

warlocks are cheaty bastards!

its like a dirty combo deck on MTG.
Ok, last MTG refrence

EDIT TOP OF PAGE:

SCHOOL OF HAWK
SCHOOL OF HAWK
SCHOOL OF HAWK

Join and be apart of CAW CLAN

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
^You didn't link to it! :D

Our ranks grow with each passing minute...
I dont have enuogh experience with it to make an informed opinion on Thorn. I was only mentioning based on my little time with it. So I will concede. all I know is it kills me in crucible more than any other gun. lol
It used to be the kind of "garbage in the wrong hands, nightmare in the wronger hands" weapon that felt so awesome to see someone dominate with in the Crucible- which was completely possible, but took real forethought and skill.

Now it's just an absolutely monstrous creation. It has no downsides, and while the same can be said for Hawkmoon, HM's unique perk relies on dice rolls to activate while Thorn just burns you with every shot. My cries in OT10 were not heard!
wide-eyed OT10 Hawkian said:
Exotics remaining that need buffs (in order of importance):
Bad Juju
Hard Light
Super Good Advice
Monte Carlo
MIDA Multi-Tool

After some time with the MIDA Multi-Tool, it's a great gun, just needs a hair more damage and it's a worthy exotic honestly. I've been playing around with Monte Carlo in the Crucible on my Warlock, and honestly, I kinda like it. Haven't done too horribly with it, it's got a great kind of "start-firing-from-the-hip-then-ADS-for-the-kill" playstyle to it. I haven't unlocked its special perk yet but the Sunsinger build I have in mind seems like it'll be ridiculously fun. I assume it could just use a bit of a damage boost, maybe only for PvE (like the Mythoclast). Don't have Hard Light to comment on, and I don't really have any thoughts on how to help SGA or Bad Juju myself. Full auto on Bad Juju I guess.

I am officially taking Thorn off of my list. It's a nasty, devastating weapon when used well. I'm scared of what they're going to do to it. Any kind of mechanical buff (reload, magazine, impact...?!) could turn it into the new FOTM OP gun in the Crucible. Raise the attack stat for PvE I guess, don't touch it for PvP.

Wallach

It's the range on hand cannons that drives me insane. I got into a standoff the other day on Pantheon. I was using the Fang and the enemy a Thorn. We were "sniping" across mid. The entire distance. He still landed the two headshot kill with DoT. That just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, good on him for landing 2 headshots at that crazy range, but why is my Scout Rifle, a weapon that was actually designed for that specific encounter, being outclassed by a weapon that doesn't even have a scope.

HCs really need a steeper drop off or something.

Hawkmoon and Thorn are the worst. I can handle going up against a Last Word, it doesn't sting as much, probably because it's whole gimmick is anti-ADS.

They've been kind of dumb ever since the original post-beta buff. They are still too effective at long ranges, but the thing they frankly need reamed on is aim assistance. It is crazy how much aiming they'll do for you. Bungie is usually pretty decent about using aim assistance to balance weapons but it seems way off on most HCs to me.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Warlock exotic helmet that refills your super meter when you get kills with nova bomb. If you get about 15 kills with a nova bomb, it immediately refills your super meter. Not very useful in PvP, but very good in pve.

warlock helm. nova bomb kills count towards the recharge of your next nova bomb. combined with bad juju you will have a nova bomb every 30 seconds or so as long as your killing things.

warlocks are cheaty bastards!

its like a dirty combo deck on MTG.
Ok, last MTG refrence

EDIT TOP OF PAGE:

SCHOOL OF HAWK
SCHOOL OF HAWK
SCHOOL OF HAWK

Join and be apart of CAW CLAN

Sounds sweet! Thanks for answering my question.

I don't really know fig at all but I'm going to say that we need one more person to join the ladies of strong back or we can't get the tag :-(

Namikaze1

Sounds sweet! Thanks for answering my question.

I don't really know fig at all but I'm going to say that we need one more person to join the ladies of strong back or we can't get the tag :-(
She invited Everyday Math. Not sure if she (Math) joined the clan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They've been kind of dumb ever since the original post-beta buff. They are still too effective at long ranges, but the thing they frankly need reamed on is aim assistance. It is crazy how much aiming they'll do for you. Bungie is usually pretty decent about using aim assistance to balance weapons but it seems way off on most HCs to me.
Honestly, the HC range/initial accuracy nerf seemed to correct this for the most part- aim assist on HCs in general feels more natural and less cheesy to me now- except for Hawkmoon and Thorn which were barely affected. And since Hawkmoon even prior to that nerf had Send It changed to Hammer Forged, while Thorn retains Send It (an advantage of 10 Range), Thorn stands rather alone in the HC sniper position. My Timur's Lash, Chance, TDYK, even Fatebringer, are all still very effective weapons but feel like they take more skill and concentration to use than the Exotics- TLW excepted of course as it's an altogether different beast.

th3dude

lol @ 23 pages already

Kyne and LadyKyne are out for tonight's Newbie raid- so Eidelon, you're back in if you want the spot (I'll PM You).

We then still have one space available. I need to push it back just to 9:15, I've got a dinner meeting for work that should be over well before then but just in case.

9:15PM CE Newbie Raid for tonight, the roster is

1. csbrodel
2. ArchonDragon
3. Eidelon
4. JeRkY
6. Hawkian

First to call the spot gets it

Absolutely, help me out here though, can you narrow it down to one or at least two weapon classes?

Is level 29 too low (it's totally fine if it is)?

Gordon

Hey, has anybody noticed that there's a level 8 major Vandal in The Forgotten Shore that eats Gjally shots for breakfast? He's got a redbar shank with him, standing in front of a loot cave. I feel like he should have a proper name or something.

Kinda reminds me of those level 20 acolytes in Mothyards before they pulled the blades. At least those guys were flagged as 20s so it made sense that they were wrecking you, even if it didn't make sense to have level 20s roaming in more or less the first area in the game lmao

Lnkn52

Test
vRV0fzq.jpg

Hey, has anybody noticed that there's a level 8 major Vandal in The Forgotten Shore that eats Gjally shots for breakfast? He's got a redbar shank with him, standing in front of a loot cave. I feel like he should have a proper name or something.

Kinda reminds me of those level 20 acolytes in Mothyards before they pulled the blades. At least those guys were flagged as 20s so it made sense that they were wrecking you, even if it didn't make sense to have level 20s roaming in more or less the first area in the game lmao

You must mean Randal the Vandal. Yes, he is known in the community.

Edit: The name is unofficial, but the legend is real. He is considered to be the second strongest patrol mob in the game.

Shito

Play for the fun. Loot is a bonus, when it comes.
I'm having so much more fun ever since I got my Horn to drop. Even though I'm still missing some exotics and raid gear here and there, playing without waiting for anything is so much better. I'm also playing less than I used to when "chasing" the Horn, which helps also quite a lot.
Can't wait for HoW.

Namikaze1

School of Hawk now up to 15 clanmates and 28 members!

Joined the School of Hawk, please accept. PSN: EvilKalamari
We accept all!

Just remember, while Hawkian is the face of the School of Hawk, hidden amongst the shadows is the true Dark Lord of the Sith Hawk!

GhaleonEB

Have you soloed HM abyss yet? Tried sending a message through PSN last night, but don't think you responded. Need that arc primary for Nightfall! :)

I didn't, but even if I had I can run it again. It's fun.

I have a meeting now (working from home) but could run it when it's over if you're around. Or tonight. Sorry for not responding, I didn't see the messages.

Wilde

Got 3 legendary primary engrams will decrypt now come on Hawkmoon! pls

It's fun to dream isn't it?

I hope you get it! I can't count the number of legendary engrams I've opened, hoping for a Hawkmoon.

On the plus side, I've got 12 cryptarch packages ready to open after HoW, so maybe it's in there somewhere!

It's fun to dream isn't it?

I hope you get it! I can't count the number of legendary engrams I've opened, hoping for a Hawkmoon.

On the plus side, I've got 12 cryptarch packages ready to open after HoW, so maybe it's in there somewhere!

Trash Trash Mida ): losing my sanity here been wanting it since forever.

stb

Raid Summary for 2015-05-12 - "RNG hates stb" edition

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)

Everyone was sober this week, but by the end, I wished I'd been at least a little drunk.

Gorgon's chest NM
(didn't get the CP)

Gorgon's chest HM
Rather generous this week:
- GRIP's second Hawkmoon from this chest in as many weeks. Sonofabitch dismantled it immediately.
- Dave_6 pulled another Ghorn, I think.
- I feel like there were a few other exotics, but I don't remember what they were, so they were probably just shards for folks.

1x NM CE full
- cakewalk
- we bubbled the SHIT out of the wait for the bridge at the end of the Abyss
- captscience got the chest he wanted from the Bridge

3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- captscience conned us into sharing sword duties this week
- captscience ran first sword without memorable incident
- Dave_6 was second; he died a lot, but we were ready to banish oversouls and didn't wipe
- GRIP and I alternated for the 3rd sword.
- GRIP has clearly been slacking, because he blink-striked flawlessly.
- mine was less impressive; I was so focused on remembering to R1 to get there and get away that I R1 spammed instead of R2ing to slam. That said, I got away from both knees unscathed, and was ONE hit away from killing him.
- GRIP gave him the final wack after Ogres
- thanks, captscience for pushing us out of our comfort zones. I'll admit it was kinda fun, and not as painful as I'd expected.
- lots of exotics, NLB, IB, etc., etc., but nothing noteworthy
- GRIP finally got his HoC! (I think that was his first one, anyway)

3x Atheon kill
- captscience got the GK CP to avoid the embarrassment of last week's performance of the jumping puzzle
- GK went very cleanly; we sent 3 in to start with. Between that and sobriety, we got it on the first try for the first time, ever (I think).
- Atheon kills went very smoothly. We did wipe once (the first wipe of the night) due to some weird lag issue coming out of the portal.
- so many Vexes. There were a few other exotics, but nothing anyone sounded excited about

Oracles/Templar x32
- we finished the main agenda in ~70 minutes, so we decided to start a fresh VoG and do some PF/FB hunting
- Spire/Confluxes went fine
- Oracles went fine, but loot wasn't great. No Foils, but I do think 2 of us completed a VoG armor set
- Templar was weird
- the first time we killed him, we just melted him. Super easy, and we got him in just a few teleports with no deaths
- the second round lag beat us up; Verde was on the relic, and his super shots kept just disappearing. He definitely wasn't hitting walls or enemies, they'd come out, travel a ways, then just disappear. Despite that, we overcame the lag and downed the Templar.
- huge difference from the last few weeks. I think we finally found our stride for this encounter
- between the two Templar kills, there were 2 or 3 Fatebringers

SUMMARY
- very good play by everyone this week; only 1 unintentional wipe, and we sped through the itinerary until Oracles (which is slow by design)
- lots of fun; everyone seemed in good spirits, as usual
- lukewarm drops: GRIP's Hawkmoon was a shard, but at least he pulled HoC. Ghorn for Dave_6, CE chest for captscience, the VoG piece 2 of us needed. Verde's good luck continues with his 3rd FB in 2 weeks. At least 2 other FB for folks.
- HoW can't come soon enough, because RNG hates me: this is week 7 now of disappointing drops for me. The VoG boots for my warlock were nice, and a the 3rd NLB is OK (for heavy ammo trick), but those are "gravy" drop, not "I feel like I made progress this week" drops. I *get* that since I only need 2 droppable exotics the odds of me getting them are very, very low. It'd just go a long way to get a bone thrown in my direction: my 2nd FB or 1st PF?
- the worst is seeing the "mailbox" icon on the destination screen. You can't help but think "MAYBE that's my FB/PF/Ghorn/HM...?", only to see your 342nd Aspect of Glass.

So, thanks as always to the crew for doing this week-in, week-out. Despite the depressing loot, it's worth doing for the fun factor.

I usually forget something, so please chime in with corrections/additions!

P.S. We didn't really determine anything for PoE next week, but:
- captscience is taking Tuesday off
- Verde is around during the day on Tuesdays
- they're probably going to do the story stuff, and possibly pick up a 3rd from GAF to start in on PoE
- the rest of us will be playing in the evening, but we've decided to play it by ear and see what groups form
- my guess is we probably WON'T do normal raiding Tuesday (DS/Crota, Atheon) and focus on PoE.

Gordon

You must mean Randal the Vandal. Yes, he is known in the community.

Edit: The name is unofficial, but the legend is real. He is considered to be the second strongest patrol mob in the game.
Who's the strongest? The various majors in those patrol darkness-cave things?

i found the weapon spreadsheet i was looking for a while back, so i'll need to update my post on TLW. maybe i'll revise it and make it fancier.

5acf43ad489f8cd45587ebad95c4462d.png

according to this sheet, the only thing that kills faster than TLW (not counting OHK weapons or Hawkmoon's one-shot) is the 4th Horseman

LTWood12

Wall o' Text

Enjoyed the summary. Hated to miss the fun but the wedding anniversary kind of trumped reset day :)

Tentatively planning to take off Wednesday morning (to sleep) after binging all night Tuesday night. T-44 and his wife are having a baby like, today but he's planning to be present in similar capacity. Ought to be fun.

Who's the strongest? The various majors in those patrol darkness-cave things?

Celebrant of Oryx.

A Knight that guards the entrance to Rasputin's Bunker (but only if you aren't doing the Bunker mission).

You can buff up his HP by crazy amounts during an Omnigul Nightfall by triggering the darkness zone and then backing out to the Celebrant.

Watch here as he eats over 14 G'horn shots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WVUWiIohWA

I just got a Fatebringer and Mythoclast from my second ever hard VoG run, then got No Land Beyond from a legendary engram. This week's been pretty fantastic for drops.

Anastasis

I didn't, but even if I had I can run it again. It's fun.

I have a meeting now (working from home) but could run it when it's over if you're around. Or tonight. Sorry for not responding, I didn't see the messages.

Sure thing! Working from home as well, so I can take a little break whenever you're ready. Thanks so much!

Dave_6

Raid Summary for 2015-05-12 - "RNG hates stb" edition

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)

Good stuff last night! Was cool to finally run the sword but unfortunately I couldn't ever get away from Crota cleanly. I was getting greedy and trying to get three hits when there wasn't time. We didn't wipe so it turned out okay.

I didn't get another hypehorn and didn't actually get any exotics from the Gorgon chest. All mine came from Deathsinger and Crota (4th Hawkmoon, another TLW, a couple others I can't remember). Also got a 3rd Fatebringer from the Templar; not sure if I'll keep it or not. Nice to finally complete my Titan VoG armor set; all I need from it now are the gauntlets for my Warlock.

patchday

Wow got nothing from nightfall, weekly, and Crota NM.

I don't know why I still play.

well hopefully you play for fun and to keep your fellow gaf company. myself I occasionally logon to play with gaf. Usually do at least 1xNF and maybe 1xWeekly.

During IB week I got super burned out again tho. Even though I only did like 3-4 games.

Bungie made the mistake of letting me taste how fun Inferno Control is. I just cant go back to radar now. It's too much fun having that element of surprise for me.

Wish somehow I could setup the web site to email me an alert when Inferno pops back up and I'll play the game a tiny bit more

Will logon when dlc launches tho to explore the reef area for a little while. but no plans to buy the next expansion unless Xur has some really incredible exotics that look coo. Only reason I nibbled on TDB was mainly for the new exotics & Crota

Ophelion

Good morning, DGAF! I wanted to report something that happened last night that surprised me a little. I ran the weekly heroic with one of my alts before bed last night and when we got to the door that Ghost has to open that leads into what little actual new content there is in the Omnigul strike, Eris said something different!

Usually, she talks about how Crota's going to destroy us all if we don't stop him or whatever, but this time she said (in a really sarcastic tone, I might add...) "In his dying moments, the Traveler created the Ghosts...to open doors."

I've never heard her say this before, so it caught me off guard. Is what she says at the door randomized? If I'd been playing a character who successfully cleared the Crota raid, I'd think it was related to progress through the expansion content, but that's not the case. Has anyone else heard her say this? Is Bungie just messing with me in particular? Why is Bungie so intent on paying people to make fun of them and their crap storytelling when we'd all happily do it for free? These are the things I need to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom