• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMuscle

Good morning, DGAF! I wanted to report something that happened last night that surprised me a little. I ran the weekly heroic with one of my alts before bed last night and when we got to the door that Ghost has to open that leads into what little actual new content there is in the Omnigul strike, Eris said something different!

Usually, she talks about how Crota's going to destroy us all if we don't stop him or whatever, but this time she said (in a really sarcastic tone, I might add...) "In his dying moments, the Traveler created the Ghosts...to open doors."

I've never heard her say this before, so it caught me off guard. Is what she says at the door randomized? If I'd been playing a character who successfully cleared the Crota raid, I'd think it was related to progress through the expansion content, but that's not the case. Has anyone else heard her say this? Is Bungie just messing with me in particular? Why is Bungie so intent on paying people to make fun of them and their crap storytelling when we'd all happily do it for free? These are the things I need to know...

Ive also heard DInklebot speak there once, so maybe there are several lines the game can choose from?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey, has anybody noticed that there's a level 8 major Vandal in The Forgotten Shore that eats Gjally shots for breakfast? He's got a redbar shank with him, standing in front of a loot cave. I feel like he should have a proper name or something.

Kinda reminds me of those level 20 acolytes in Mothyards before they pulled the blades. At least those guys were flagged as 20s so it made sense that they were wrecking you, even if it didn't make sense to have level 20s roaming in more or less the first area in the game lmao
Randal!

It's common courtesy to leave him alive and go about your business. He's just trying to make ends meet for the little dregs at home out there.
Is level 29 too low (it's totally fine if it is)?
Nah, come on in. Under some circumstances I'd say it would be rough, but the rest of the roster in this time tonight is quite high level. You want the spot?
i found the weapon spreadsheet i was looking for a while back, so i'll need to update my post on TLW. maybe i'll revise it and make it fancier.

5acf43ad489f8cd45587ebad95c4462d.png

according to this sheet, the only thing that kills faster than TLW (not counting OHK weapons or Hawkmoon's one-shot) is the 4th Horseman
Thorn is substantially closer than I expected it to be. goddamn,

patchday

Yeah its too bad thats all the ghosts is good for is opening doors. I want to scream anytime I see dinklebot come out. I know its just another horde mode encounter

It's only fitting the new dlc adds an official horde mode. Interested to reading impressions here when dlc lands!

Karl2177

Good morning, DGAF! I wanted to report something that happened last night that surprised me a little. I ran the weekly heroic with one of my alts before bed last night and when we got to the door that Ghost has to open that leads into what little actual new content there is in the Omnigul strike, Eris said something different!

Usually, she talks about how Crota's going to destroy us all if we don't stop him or whatever, but this time she said (in a really sarcastic tone, I might add...) "In his dying moments, the Traveler created the Ghosts...to open doors."

I've never heard her say this before, so it caught me off guard. Is what she says at the door randomized? If I'd been playing a character who successfully cleared the Crota raid, I'd think it was related to progress through the expansion content, but that's not the case. Has anyone else heard her say this? Is Bungie just messing with me in particular? Why is Bungie so intent on paying people to make fun of them and their crap storytelling when we'd all happily do it for free? These are the things I need to know...

I'd never heard it, but one of the guys I play with heard it last night and said it. Then the third that I play with was just like "Wait, you guys don't hear that almost every time you get to this door?"

I'm having so much more fun ever since I got my Horn to drop. Even though I'm still missing some exotics and raid gear here and there, playing without waiting for anything is so much better. I'm also playing less than I used to when "chasing" the Horn, which helps also quite a lot.
Can't wait for HoW.

Yeah, what's that like?

ocean

Banned
Finally home and online. Let's play!

Any group missing one, let me know. a_javierp on PSN. Up for Crucible, NF, Weekly, VoG, CE, whatever really.

Ophelion

I'd never heard it, but one of the guys I play with heard it last night and said it. Then the third that I play with was just like "Wait, you guys don't hear that almost every time you get to this door?"

Interesting! It must be RNG then. In the same way that some of you jerks have all the luck on drops, some people get all the luck on funny door lines?

Ive also heard DInklebot speak there once, so maybe there are several lines the game can choose from?

Really? What did he say? I've never heard that.

Impala26

That moment when a single thrall melee kills two guardians at once and ends your Nightfall when Omni's less than a quarter HP...

:-[

Alright, it is officially late enough into the morning (for bungie time) that a verbal update would be nice.

In other words, don't tell us you'll keep us updated and then not keep us updated. Just makes people think you are shitty at your job.

That moment when a single thrall melee kills two guardians at once and ends your Nightfall when Omni's less than a quarter HP...

:-[

If it makes you feel any better, with that kind of accomplishment, he'll probably be promoted to ogre and have to go through a horribly painful process. Only to then be 2-3 shot with a sniper with no new kills under his belt.

well hopefully you play for fun and to keep your fellow gaf company. myself I occasionally logon to play with gaf. Usually do at least 1xNF and maybe 1xWeekly.

During IB week I got super burned out again tho. Even though I only did like 3-4 games.

Bungie made the mistake of letting me taste how fun Inferno Control is. I just cant go back to radar now. It's too much fun having that element of surprise for me.

Wish somehow I could setup the web site to email me an alert when Inferno pops back up and I'll play the game a tiny bit more

Will logon when dlc launches tho to explore the reef area for a little while. but no plans to buy the next expansion unless Xur has some really incredible exotics that look coo. Only reason I nibbled on TDB was mainly for the new exotics & Crota
Yeah only reason I played within the last 2 months was killing HM crota maybe 10 times? But nontheless after everyone is level 33+, HM crota will be a joke and there's really no desire for myself to play that much anymore. Started checking the thread again when I started killing HM crota but yeah that's pretty much it.

Frenden

Banned
i found the weapon spreadsheet i was looking for a while back, so i'll need to update my post on TLW. maybe i'll revise it and make it fancier.

5acf43ad489f8cd45587ebad95c4462d.png

according to this sheet, the only thing that kills faster than TLW (not counting OHK weapons or Hawkmoon's one-shot) is the 4th Horseman

What's the ideal PvP stat selection for TLW? Aggressive over Soft?

I've only ever used Soft, but the TTK difference is pretty big there.

What's the ideal PvP stat selection for TLW? Aggressive over Soft?

I've only ever used Soft, but the TTK difference is pretty big there.

aggressive ballistics

the TTK is insane and it's one reason why people are complaining about it. even before i started using aggressive ballistics, i was enjoying TLW and it made me start playing PvP again. and now that Xur has sold it, it's probably going to be nerfed since everyone is out there spamming it.

Wallach

http://i.gyazo.com/5acf43ad489f8cd45587ebad95c4462d.png

Also shows pretty much what I expected, that HCs have by a pretty wide margin the highest average aim assistance across all weapon categories. Funny part is the exotics are the weakest among HCs in that respect, but everything in the weapon class is above 50 except Painted Big Chief at 44.

aggressive ballistics

the TTK is insane and it's one reason why people are complaining about it. even before i started using aggressive ballistics, i was enjoying TLW and it made me start playing PvP again. and now that Xur has sold it, it's probably going to be nerfed since everyone is out there spamming it.

Xur sold it before and it was not as complained about as it is right now.

They better not touch my baby.

Xur sold it before and it was not as complained about as it is right now.

They better not touch my baby.

probably for the same reason nobody bought Gjallarhorn - nobody knew. Also, back then the game was all about Suros and then the Mythoclast, so Hand Cannons just didn't compete. I don't think Thorn was even buffed when Xur sold TLW in November

i had never seen it in PvP before until i got one myself. the only person i knew who had one was Afrocious, and he didn't play PvP so he was using it in the Vault of Glass... lol

GRIP

Raid Summary for 2015-05-12 - "RNG hates stb" edition

Yup, that was my first HoC! We've been doing our little raid group for a while now and I think HoC and Warlock helmet were the only things I needed when we started. So it was nice to finally see it drop and to have it happen on my first (
assisted
) sword kill. Was also fun that some us sword noobs got to try it out (luckily the blink strike worked out or I would have looked like a scrub XD). Sorry about running to left rock guys!

Lnkn52

Just so you know, the only reason I'm even commenting is because I messed up and missed the top 100 by three Salvage captures.

If this gets approved, on the latest update, you'll always be on top ;)

And those on the list that don't have an avatar, you will get a special treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom