• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any other Ahab's out there still searching?
Praetorian Foil. Fusions and Hand Cannons are the two gun types I collect the shit out of (and Scouts through no fault of my own, Destiny just hands them to be like M&Ms).
I suppose it's extremely rare...I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna shard it.
rxnzKEJ.gif

stb

I'm starting to get out of the loop with Destiny I guess? There's rumors of HoW delays now, hmmm? Oh well, fix what needs fixing and release it when it's done Bungie.

This is why headlines like the GI one are bad.

There's no 'rumor' HoW is delayed.

One guy is speculating it COULD be delayed based on the prelim patch not coming out on time (7 days early).

Contacting Destiny servers...

I'm fine if that shit appears occasionally after an entire day of playing, but after just having booted up the game? When being mid-way through Ominigul Weekly? At the end of a raid? Fucking hell. Bungie expects me to rewire my house.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we'll see raid elements in Prison of Elders. Oracles, defending Vex plates, etc.

Definitely. They talked about giving gamers an epic story, the one for the generation. And they couldn't have failed more. Which is sad since the lore is very interesting.

But all you need is to take a look at the narrative of Witcher 2 to know they don't stand a chance there.

But we are still going to take breaks from Wictcher 3 on HoW, Sleepy! lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nope, never look at how many hours you've spent doing something you like. Keep the memory nice and pleasant and look forward to more if you're not fed up with it. Don't look at how much money you've spent on it either.
that's really interesting! I always keep the hours I've played and money I've spent in mind, it's how I calculate value for a lot of games.
how many lost items can the postmaster hold?

stb

that's really interesting! I always keep the hours I've played and money I've spent in mind, it's how I calculate value for a lot of games.

Great minds...

I do the same exercise for my own information, but it's also helpful whenever the wife wrinkles her nose at spending $40-60 for a game to be able to whip out "but my last game only cost me 25¢ per hour of entertainment! It'd be financially inadvisable NOT to buy this." =)

Edit: Destiny has cost me 17.9¢ per hour (inclusive of tax), and that's including the cost of HoW (via the season pass) that I haven't even gotten the hours out of yet.

Great minds...

I do the same exercise for my own information, but it's also helpful whenever the wife wrinkles her nose at spending $40-60 for a game to be able to whip out "but my last game only cost me 25¢ per hour of entertainment! It'd be financially inadvisable NOT to buy this." =)

I do this with my wife sometimes.

"Either we can go out and buy a movie for 20 bucks that we'll watch once, maybe twice. Putting us at roughly 5-10 dollars an hour of entertainment. OR we can buy a 60 dollar game that will last us 60+ hours."

We... we have a lot of games. We just bought FFX/X-2 HD yesterday using this exact logic.

Homeboyd

I wonder if we'll see raid elements in Prison of Elders. Oracles, defending Vex plates, etc.
It has diffusing mines, destroying mines and killing VIP's that we know about. We've already seen level 35 gameplay too so I'm not sure how much else there is. Oracles are basically the same things as mines. Kill/diffuse them or it's a wipe. Vex plates, sort of the same as diffusing mines... ie stand in this area for a while to progress.

Think there's still a few hidden things about the level 35 stuff that hasn't been talked about yet though.

stb

I do this with my wife sometimes.

"Either we can go out and buy a movie for 20 bucks that we'll watch once, maybe twice. Putting us at roughly 5-10 dollars an hour of entertainment. OR we can buy a 60 dollar game that will last us 60+ hours."

We... we have a lot of games. We just bought FFX/X-2 HD yesterday using this exact logic.

Yeah. That's how I rationalize explain paying for DirecTV at ~$130/mo, too. It's far, far cheaper than any form of entertainment you have to leave the house to do. Even "free" stuff is expensive because of gas, the likelihood of eating out due to being somewhere other than home, etc.

My wife's gaming is confined to iPad stuff, though (the last console game she played significantly was PJ Monsters), but she gets the "value" angle. She has me beat, though. Her primary source of entertainment is reading, which is practically free due to almost all her books coming from the library that we live about 2 miles from (so I can't even really count gas).

Kyne

I'm glad that's not a problem between my SO and I... I'm pretty sure she's clocked more hours in Destiny than I have :s

last I saw I was only sitting at like 400 hours? Nothing compared to most of you guys. I started playing when Dark Below came out.

But we are still going to take breaks from Wictcher 3 on HoW, Sleepy! lol

Yep, because they're so diferent. I like variety in my gaming. That's why I'm always playing 2 or 3 games concurrently, on console and PC.

I guess I don't like to... soil is the closest word I can think of... the fun and good times I had with any sort of regret. Value has diferent meaning for people, and the only value I care about in my hobbies is "did I enjoy this?" If the answer is yes, I don't care about the number of hours or the money I've spent.

Now I'm not (completely) insane, so I'm not gonna waste ungodly amounts of money in stupid crap. But if it's within my budget, all I care about is if I enjoyed it.

Thanks for the weeklies Kadie!

It has diffusing mines, destroying mines and killing VIP's that we know about. We've already seen level 35 gameplay too so I'm not sure how much else there is. Oracles are basically the same things as mines. Kill/diffuse them or it's a wipe. Vex plates, sort of the same as diffusing mines... ie stand in this area for a while to progress.

Think there's still a few hidden things about the level 35 stuff that hasn't been talked about yet though.
can you imagine if they had the CE Bridge mechanic? each FT member needs to stand on a plate or, yeah, that's a wipe?

BondFancy

I'm glad that's not a problem between my SO and I... I'm pretty sure she's clocked more hours in Destiny than I have :s

last I saw I was only sitting at like 400 hours? Nothing compared to most of you guys. I started playing when Dark Below came out.

I'm only sitting at around 200 and I've had it since release, you're not alone haha!

TheOddOne

So my loot so far from all of my Crota runs and kept:

3 x Oversoul Edict
3 x Abyss Defiant
3 x Fang of Ir Yût
3 x Hunger of Crota
3 x Light of the Abyss
3 x Swordbreaker
3 x Word of Crota

I've gotten multiple from the above too that I've dismantled.

I am kind of losing my mind at how I keep missing out on Black Hammer. At this point, it isn’t that funny anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom