• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
oh good, if thats the case then i''ll be looking for some people to do it

PSN Kharnzor hit me up if anyone is interested
I am up for it right now if you're online. I'm a_javierp on PSN.

Anyone wanna be third for a quick NF? Help Ocean rank his factions, it's a good cause.

Welcome back!

-

My first thought this morning was about how chuffed I was that I've got Hard Light and Red Death. This is unhealthy.

Yeah, this game for all its glaring flaws has a tendency to really suck us in. I got Fang, Thorn and Hawkmoon this week and I'm OCDing until they're all maxed. Fang and Thorn are done, and Hawkmoon about 1/4th.

This means I've been sleeping around 6 hours a night for a week which is not good for me... Zombie mode at work... And super saiyan mode whenever the people I supervise come to me to fix their mistakes...

Fuk9dUM.gif

Not good at all...

Finished inventorizing my Legendaries. Now to figure out which ones I want to keep and which ones I want to shard.

Scout Rifles is the most difficult right now. I have three Vision of Confluence, one fully leveled up and two in the Vault. I have a Fang of Ir Yut. And then I have these:

Badger CCL
Who’s Next?
High Caliber Rounds/Explosive Rounds/Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

Badger CCL
Outlaw
Single Point Sling/Hammer Forged/Custom Optics
Third Eye

Crypt Dweller SR1
Final Round
Third Eye

Crusader I
Outlaw
Third Eye

Sooooo much choice. Mainly need to get over my 'I should only use elemental primaries'-thinking.

Lnkn52

This is also fantastic, pretty much exactly what I had in mind but couldn't articulate. The Destiny-style design and avatar inclusions give it a lot more life than the old Excel list. I like the "Hot 100" title there but I'd only included that at the time as a temporary celebration thing, definitely don't want to only keep the first 100 set in stone and exclude/discourage later GLords.

So I'm not sure how you want to handle revisions/updates going forward. Right now there are 6 people that need to be added, and 1 person that apparently needs to be subtracted since Dave_6 said he wasn't actually a GLord. I searched on NeoGaf and PSN but couldn't find anyone with the David_6 name so not sure what happened there.

I'm happy to handle the updates if you let me know where I could access the file, or I can send you a PM with the list of updates. The only issue is you'd have to update the file then send it back to me so I could update the OP. Might be easier for me to do the updates, I'm happy to do that and view it as part of the "thread master responsibilities." Whatever you prefer is fine though. (edit: just realized that if the image can be updated using that same link then the OP will updated automatically when you make changes, so maybe that's the best idea?)

Thanks again for all the time it must have taken to make that. So many talented DGAF'ers!

Welcome back! Try not to get banned again too soon, lol.

I'll take responsibilities in updating the list. Forward the new names to me and I'll send you the graphic.

Manp

Finished inventorizing my Legendaries. Now to figure out which ones I want to keep and which ones I want to shard.

Scout Rifles is the most difficult right now. I have three Vision of Confluence, one fully leveled up and two in the Vault. I have a Fang of Ir Yut. And then I have these:

Badger CCL
Who’s Next?
Firefly

Badger CCL
Outlaw
Third Eye

Crypt Dweller SR1
Final Round
Third Eye

Crusader I
Outlaw
Third Eye

Sooooo much choice. Mainly need to get over my 'I should only use elemental primaries'-thinking.

those with 3rd eye looks like the hundreds of scouts i received from RNG :|
i'd say if you want a weapon for PVE then go for the one with firefly that coupled with badger's high impact would make it pretty good.

fang with arc damage, double the clip (with FS) and 3rd eye makes the other pretty useless imho.

:)

noomi

Good morning DGAF! How is everyone doing today? :)

Invective is fully leveled, just in time for HoW and those nasty cabal in the prison of elders... awww yiss!

The only un-leveled weapons I have now are:

- Suros (should I even bother? I always wanted to, but now.... meh)
- Hard Light (probably not)
- Monte Carlo (probably not)
- Plan C (sure... just later on)
- No Land Beyond (tell me why I should rodiard)

Oh yeah... and the weekly update today, hope we get some more details on why that patch was delayed and confirmation that HoW is still on schedule for the 19th.

Ah, randoms in weeklies. Run out during Omnigul's shrieking, die, expect me to come pick them up... And then I get blown up and lose the 'Walking Tall' bounty.

Thanks dudes.

Invective is fully leveled, just in time for HoW and those nasty cabal in the prison of elders... awww yiss!

Oh yeah... and the weekly update today, hope we get some more details on why that patch was delayed and confirmation that HoW is still on schedule for the 19th.

NLB for dat eventual buff lol..

Suros was my first exotic and got me through my first raid, so it has a special place for me. Though honestly I've rarely used it since. Still a good weapon.

Now that I think about it, it could be a good weapon for HM Crota since kills can give back health... Never thought about it before...

Hard Light is really fun to use. I love the look and sound of it. Just wish it was a bit better.

I'd upgrade those 2 and leave the others, but I guess it's all down to personal preference.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Especially because you got Hard Light due to the team quitting on us.

...smells like victory.

Yeah, this game for all its glaring flaws has a tendency to really suck us in. I got Fang, Thorn and Hawkmoon this week and I'm OCDing until they're all maxed. Fang and Thorn are done, and Hawkmoon about 1/4th.

This means I've been sleeping around 6 hours a night for a week which is not good for me... Zombie mode at work... And super saiyan mode whenever the people I supervise come to me to fix their mistakes...

Fuk9dUM.gif

Not good at all...

Yup, that sounds like Destiny.

"Are you enjoying it?"
"I don't know. LOOT."

*dribble*

I'm gonna buy some class items again. Fuck exotic engrams. I made 55 motes this week alone, I should have plenty by the time Xur rolls around next week.

Deku Tree

If I'm looking to level a new character, what's the best route to take? Is it worth doing the whole story, or just grinding on bounties as soon as I open up all the planets? I have a fully leveled Titan, but I want to give Warlock a spin finally.

In terms of least total time commitment (but your not in a rush to get to 20 tomorrow)? Do the story missions until you unlock bounties. Then do all the bounties everyday and that's it. Except as you level up do the next main story missions (ones with laurel leaf in icon) so that you are able to unlock the other planets, and other missions, and other patrol areas which unlocks more bounties. If you are good at doing the bounties efficiently these give the maximum exp per time commitment IMO.

If you want to get to 20 ASAP then do all the story missions, do all the bounties, and play PvP and do the PvP bounties too if you want to do that especially including the daily PvP challenge that gives an exp bonus.

Should take around 10-11 hours or as low as eight hours of your extremely efficient. Anything over 13 hours and your slow walking it.

Deku Tree

#ForeverNoFoil

Another week, another 3x VoG done, and still no foil. RNGesus cruelly gave a Foil to my team mate last night and I had to sadly watch them shard it five seconds later like it was no big thing.

noomi

NLB for dat eventual buff lol..

Here's to hoping. I just wish the necro would get that love buff as well. Maybe one day :(

Suros was my first exotic and got me through my first raid, so it has a special place for me. Though honestly I've rarely used it since. Still a good weapon.

Now that I think about it, it could be a good weapon for HM Crota since kills can give back health... Never thought about it before...

Hard Light is really fun to use. I love the look and sound of it. Just wish it was a bit better.

I'd upgrade those 2 and leave the others, but I guess it's all down to personal preference.

I'd like to think that one day they will fix AR's again and make them useful. I can't tell you the last time I even saw a Suros in crucible. Everyone switched to the red death and hand cannons.

As much as this sucks to say, and I hope that it does not happen. I feel like Bungie is going to nerf hand cannons even more. It's the only weapons I see in crucible these days.

Squishybob is almost too easy now. Its like 10-12 or so Horns and he is dead. Must have killed him in like 20 seconds.

I have a confession, I did was trying for the "don't die in a strike" bounty this morning. As soon as Spongebob loaded up, I went right back to Orbit. I just don't like this strike, especially after doing it as many times as I did. No thanks.

HigXx

#ForeverNoFoil

Another week, another 3x VoG done, and still no foil. RNGesus cruelly gave a Foil to my team mate last night and I had to sadly watch them shard it five seconds later like it was no big thing.

Yeh no Fatebringer for me this week as well

Anyone want to do x3 NM Crota? I want to fail at getting a Song of Ir Yut aswell

Ji66a-Man

#ForeverNoFoil

That was my white whale for the first 6 months of Destiny. The past 3 weeks I've had at least 2 drop for me on both systems.

Deku Tree

So apparently the new system for loot in PoE is rip for exploitation. A lot of people are talking about the possibility for kicking their fireteam members and inviting their friends towards the end of the last wave to get the loot.

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.

Namikaze1

So apparently the new system for loot in PoE is rip for exploitation. A lot of people are talking about the possibility for kicking their fireteam members and inviting their friends towards the end of the last wave to get the loot.

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.
Thank god for DGAF.

Skele7on

Banned

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.

try not to broadcast this scumbags lurk and we don't want to be seen as encouraging this behavior.
I have had some very interesting chats with people who have played it though.
Looks like this is going to be a lot of fun.

noomi

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.

I really try to stay away from grouping up with people outside of gaf. reddit fireteams isn't even as good. Dgaf for life.

It does. Red Death health regen is more reliable though

I always have my red death with me for crota. Red Death, Black Hammer, Hunger of Crota = win

ocean

Banned

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.

Well this can already be done in NF or Raids and I don't think it's been abused too badly... I mean sure it might happen once in a while but I doubt it's common? I've never made a group outside GAF so I would;t know but I find it hard to believe assholes of such level are numerous.

Hyun Sai

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.

Same as Nightfall then ? Never happened to me or my friends, so I don't see why it will become a thing now.

Deku Tree

try not to broadcast this scumbags lurk and we don't want to be seen as encouraging this behavior.
I have had some very interesting chats with people who have played it though.
Looks like this is going to be a lot of fun.

It's on the front page of reddit, so it's been fully broadcast.
Besides the more Bungie sees it the more willing they will hopefully be to patch in a better loot system that forces you to complete all sections but also gives you checkpoints.

Well this can already be done in NF or Raids and I don't think it's been abused too badly... I mean sure it might happen once in a while but I doubt it's common? I've never made a group outside GAF so I would;t know but I find it hard to believe assholes of such level are numerous.

Same as Nightfall then ? Never happened to me or my friends, so I don't see why it will become a thing now.

Thing is NF takes 15 minutes and PoE probably takes over an hour on the harder difficulty settings.

So happy I kept my Queens Wrath Helmet and Chest. Wish I had got the other parts now

Yep, kept those too. My first legendary armor pieces. Will they offer any advantage in HoW?

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.

I don't think it'll be too difficult for Bungie to have a system keeping track of kicks near the end of PoE. People that keep doing that would be marked relatively quickly.

Though I've only ever played with GAF people and never had that happen in raids or NF.

So I've got an idea to fix idling in ROC strikes. Make the Mark payout be dependant upon how well you do.

You get an absurdly low amount of kills? No marks for you. You get a low amount? Half marks. You actually pull your weight? Full marks.

Tie Engram rewards into this system as well, and there won't be any reason to sit at spawn and wait for others to do your work.

So I've got an idea to fix idling in ROC strikes. Make the Mark payout be dependant upon how well you do.

You get an absurdly low amount of kills? No marks for you. You get a low amount? Half marks. You actually pull your weight? Full marks.

Give an option to vote to kick AFK players will solve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom