• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyne

Fuck the Vex Mythoclast. Seriously.

destiny_titan_space_magic_animation_thing_by_hanna_cepeda-d69joez.gif

Impala26

I got a Vex doing Atheon with Raybunny & Co (thanks lads)

Is this still worth investing some time into or has it been nerfed into oblivion at this stage?

Still useful as hell. Comes in handy to have a solar primary for one, and kills with it actually count for those myriad of Fusion Rifle bounties. In Crucible it no longer dominates, but it's still great. Only the "big three" hand cannons and Red Death seem to outclass it as a primary in Crucible (and maybe a scout/pulse with good rolls).

No just make Nechro drop directly from Crota. #NeverGonnaHappen

So I've noticed... every single response is just "Go farm fist of Crota". That is such a terrible idea.

If a new person to the game asked how to get a nechrochasm, and you responded, "Just run Fist of Crota over and over again to kill the Blade of Crota. Then hope he actually drops it because it's only like a 2% drop rate."

New person is just going to be put off and say fuck it.

Kyne

Still useful as hell. Comes in handy to have a solar primary for one, and kills with it actually count for those myriad of Fusion Rifle bounties. In Crucible it no longer dominates, but it's still great. Only the "big three" hand cannons and Red Death seem to outclass it as a primary in Crucible (and maybe a scout/pulse with good rolls).

Sir that is incorrect. Unless you land 2 very quick/successful headshots with the handcannon you -will- be outgunned.

Impala26

So I've noticed... every single response is just "Go farm fist of Crota". That is such a terrible idea.

If a new person to the game asked how to get a nechrochasm, and you responded, "Just run Fist of Crota over and over again to kill the Blade of Crota. Then hope he actually drops it because it's only like a 2% drop rate."

New person is just going to be put off and say fuck it.

Hopefully the Blades of Crota make a return to the public spaces along with whatever they've got cooked up to go along with HoW.

If not, then they damn sure need to update that Eris bounty and alter how one gets a Husk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got a Vex doing Atheon with Raybunny & Co (thanks lads)

Is this still worth investing some time into or has it been nerfed into oblivion at this stage?
If you like how it feels to use, it's totally still worth it. Much is made of its relative value in your Exotic slot but I like it a lot and will put some work into maxing one soon. It's awesome for a bunch of bounties, anything Solar burn or lots of solar shields, and in the Crucible where it's still near the top for primaries.
Sir that is incorrect. Unless you land 2 very quick/successful headshots with the handcannon you -will- be outgunned.
TLW still beats it for TTK in a fair engagement. And of course, a lucky bullet from Hawkmoon will shut it down. But I also find it very disorienting to get shot by, which is a huge advantage outside of the numerical.

Kyne

Hopefully the Blades of Crota make a return to the public spaces along with whatever they've got cooked up to go along with HoW.

If not, then they damn sure need to update that Eris bounty and alter how one gets a Husk.

If I recall they are replacing the blades with another public map enemy.

Fuck the Vex Mythoclast. Seriously.

[url]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/169/e/5/destiny_titan_space_magic_animation_thing_by_hanna_cepeda-d69joez.gif[/url][/mg][/QUOTE]

It's the only exotic I have multiples of. Only one fully leveled and two in the Vault, my other characters have no use for it but I can't bring myself to shard them.

Deku Tree

So people on reddit are saying that the most recent IGN fireteam chat episode showed some footage of the PoE treasure room.... Is this true? Did anyone see it? Does anyone know what the approx time stamp in the video is for this footage?

Not sure how others feel, but I definitely don't want DGAF to be mainly LFG stuff. I think that's an essential component but the community feeling and educated discussions about the game are my favorite parts. It's not always easy to get detailed conversations going here, everyone has different interests and experiences. But it's head and shoulders above any other Destiny conversation I've seen around the web.

And you should totally definitely absolutely post as much about Crucible as you want. It needs more attention and educated conversation, I think more people can learn to enjoy it if they engage with its strategies and intricacies.
*SNIP*
i concur with this statement. I, for one, don't want to see just LFG posts here. I really enjoy the discussions that we have regarding this game that has imprisoned us
see what i did there?
and i'd love to get more perspective on Crucible/PvP from people who are good at it. cough*zoba*cough...
i appreciate the videos that fig has been sharing lately, because i can watch how she utilizes the map, her radar, geometry, and those hype hunter skillz to wreck shop.

so please, do share, it will only make us better players.

SkylineRKR

I sharded about 8 of them.

Vex is a decent weapon, but the lack of ammo prevents me from using it much in PvE. Even with Solar burn I prefer Abyss defiant paired with Gjallarhorn. In the Raids i much rather use Fatebringer.

In PvP its still a good weapon, but I simply prefer something like Red Death or TLW.

Ultimately I used it mostly for bounties.

Impala26

Oh it's definitely in the top tier of primaries for Crucible, it just always seems to me like I'm getting outgunned by Thorn and Red Death users pretty consistently.

If I recall they are replacing the blades with another public map enemy.

I figured as such, but I think they should try to find some way of having them both in there together. Imagine if they made some sort of standoff scenario between the two...

...well I guess that can happen already with the "enemy is moving against each other" pseudo public event. Alright then, just update the friggin Eris bounty(s) then Bungie and make it easier to obtain the Husk.

Skele7on

Banned
So people on reddit are saying that the most recent IGN fireteam chat episode showed some footage of the PoE treasure room.... Is this true? Did anyone see it? Does anyone know what the approx time stamp in the video is for this footage?

What do you want to know? about drops?

#ForeverNoFoil

Another week, another 3x VoG done, and still no foil. RNGesus cruelly gave a Foil to my team mate last night and I had to sadly watch them shard it five seconds later like it was no big thing.
ouch! sorry for your loss, Deku. before i got my 'horn, i watched someone shard it when they got it as a drop... needless to say, i was a little salty.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finished inventorizing my Legendaries. Now to figure out which ones I want to keep and which ones I want to shard.

Scout Rifles is the most difficult right now. I have three Vision of Confluence, one fully leveled up and two in the Vault. I have a Fang of Ir Yut. And then I have these:

Badger CCL
Who’s Next?
High Caliber Rounds/Explosive Rounds/Armor Piercing Rounds
Firefly

Badger CCL
Outlaw
Single Point Sling/Hammer Forged/Custom Optics
Third Eye

Crypt Dweller SR1
Final Round
Single Point Sling/Hammer Forged/Custom Optics
Third Eye

Crusader I
Outlaw
High Caliber Rounds/Explosive Rounds/Armor Piercing Rounds
Third Eye

Sooooo much choice. Mainly need to get over my 'I should only use elemental primaries'-thinking.
Ha you're like me, I've been forced to make decisions like this since launch, just can't stop getting viable scout rifles.

As far as the "elementals only" mindset, Firefly really is worth that sacrifice to have on a scout in many scenarios.

So apparently the new system for loot in PoE is rip for exploitation. A lot of people are talking about the possibility for kicking their fireteam members and inviting their friends towards the end of the last wave to get the loot.

#ByeByeDestinyLFG
#NoPUGs

Love DestinyGAF.
the "Report Player" feature is going to get worn out from all the people getting kicked on the last stage...
smh

noomi

"Legend tells of an ancient powerful weapon disguised as ordinary. Only the truly skilled could wield its power and prove themselves to be Lords among Guardians. Their skill unmatched, their precision unparalleled, the masters of this weapon were the true-born disciples of The Cloaked Order, destined to reclaim that which was taken from them during the Betrayal of the Fireborn. The Cloaked Ones must not rest until every Child of Radiance is struck down, for their rise from the ashes birthed a commitment to The Darkness. The Path of The Cloaked Ones is clear. There is No Land Beyond these fertile hunting grounds."

Wait, actually it's a garbage weapon that's interesting if you want self-imposed difficulty in PVE or to troll other players (or yourself) in PVP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lol! Good enough for me, I'll get to it guardian, and when I do... you shall all know it.

Skele7on

Banned
I want to know about drops. I want to know what the treasure room is like and what it looks like.... Basically everything.

from level 32 you get 4 drops.
you drop down the center of the prison after acquiring a key.
there then is a big ol' chest open that loot drops

Ha you're like me, I've been forced to make decisions like this since launch, just can't stop getting viable scout rifles.

As far as the "elementals only" mindset, Firefly really is worth that sacrifice to have on a scout in many scenarios.

Yeah, my Badger has taken its rightful place as my Titan's Scout Rifle again. Got VoC and Fang on my other two characters.

Quick question. When matchmaking for PvE modes like the Heroic, does Bungie just give someone the leader role? Or is everybody on equal footing?

I would think with it being matchmaking, no one would actually be the "leader" and thus no one could kick or be kicked?
So then whats the concern over PoE? If there is no leader, then how can someone kick or be kicked before the loot room?
Because people have been known to get to the boss of the Weekly Heroic through matchmaking, invite the other people from matchmaking into their fireteam, the other people accept, thereby becoming members of the inviter's fireteam, and then the inviter kicks them out and brings his friends in to reap the rewards. Basically it's taking advantage of stupid or trusting randos.

WipedOut

I've never been lucky enough to get one with Firefly. Is the Rapier in the crucible worth picking up or wait for the new crucible guns? I'm sitting on 150 Crucible marks.

Hedera

Warlocks are so awesome that I doubt Bungie will be good to us. #RememberSunbreakers

But I certainly hope so too!
I hope it won't take half a year like what happen with the praxic to see this:
CDPTXrCW8AAq0bl.jpg

Although there's no pictures of the bottom (I don't think) the top part looks amazing imo.

I literally only use the Mytho for the fusion rifle bounty now, which is so sad because it used to be the GOAT.

i concur with this statement. I, for one, don't want to see just LFG posts here. I really enjoy the discussions that we have regarding this game that has imprisoned us
see what i did there?
and i'd love to get more perspective on Crucible/PvP from people who are good at it. cough*zoba*cough...
i appreciate the videos that fig has been sharing lately, because i can watch how she utilizes the map, her radar, geometry, and those hype hunter skillz to wreck shop.

so please, do share, it will only make us better players.

Here's another one for you. I think you'll learn more about what not to do with the other team. :p

amar212

from level 32 you get 4 drops.
you drop down the center of the prison after acquiring a key.
there then is a big ol' chest open that loot drops

I can't fathom the number of posts with drops screenshots next Tuesday. It will be impossible to followup.

Tears of Joy and Tears of Sorrow. Everywhere.

I should nominate the above sentence for the OT/22.

Then that problem people are expecting to happen with PoE (kicking to get their friends in) might happen.
there could be either an idle timer, or performance check option. If someone is idle, or has rigged their controller to spin around, then a performance check right before the final boss could kick in and give the fire team members the option to boot the idler.

That made me a little said inside too.

The only 2 things left I wanted to grab this week were the Foil and 4th Horsemen, RNG does not seem to want to give them to me however.
aw, sorry ich - i think i grabbed the only 4th horseman to drop during our raids on tuesday. :|

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've never been lucky enough to get one with Firefly. Is the Rapier in the crucible worth picking up or wait for the new crucible guns? I'm sitting on 150 Crucible marks.
It's solid all around, if you don't think you need the Crucible marks for anything else pressing, grab it. I don't know if we know if Firefly will be available on any of the new vendor scouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom