• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

ich00

hated to leave you guys last night. I'd promised T-44 I'd help him w/ the nightfalls, and my scrubby Templar play made that take way longer than I'd budgeted for time :( Sorry!

Ah no worries, we got it done in a few more tries.

I moved onto the nightfall later too and had a heck of a time getting that done 3 times. First time went no problems, the second 2 were horrible. I have that strike as a nightfall with arc and lightswitch.

LTWood12

Ah no worries, we got it done in a few more tries.

I moved onto the nightfall later too and had a heck of a time getting that done 3 times. First time went no problems, the second 2 were horrible. I have that strike as a nightfall with arc and lightswitch.

For sure. Not much room for error. Glad ya'll were able to get the VoG runs done. Get anything you needed/wanted?

down 2 orth

JayHayabusa with the epic Crota kill right when we were about to rage quit.. thanks for hooking that up!

And I'm now officially ready to join the NLB Fan Club >:D

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Good afternoon. I have three points to make.

1. Ladies of Strong Back

2. How much harder is hard mode VoG? I have a level 30 warlock - do you think I'll be a burden on a team? Also, do you get all of the drops you would've got normally plus extra?

3. I've never run Crota's End before. Should I watch some videos, read a guide etc before asking to join a team here or is it pretty straightforward?

I've got the TV tonight so I'm just working out what I should do.

Manp

What the... Were they idling or something?

XtmmPi8.jpg

well, some people doesn't seem to understand where to use some kind of weapons over others. one of these guys did the whole thing with TLW, guess who?

:|

GutZ31

1. Ladies of Strong Back

2. How much harder is hard mode VoG? I have a level 30 warlock - do you think I'll be a burden on a team? Also, do you get all of the drops you would've got normally plus extra?

3. I've never run Crota's End before. Should I watch some videos, read a guide etc before asking to join a team here or is it pretty straightforward?

If you are level 30, feel free to join a NM VoG or CE group.
People are very willing to teach in DGAF from my experiences. Just let them know you haven't done it before.

For hard mode, you just cant be revived, a little more enemies, and also detainment bubbles happen. but other than that, not much harder.

rNilla

1. Ladies of Strong Back

1. Yup.

2. Higher level enemies, more Gorgons, no revives, and Atheon detains you if you aren't teleported. I think that's about it? You should be good to go at Level 30. EDIT: Oh right, different loot :)

3. It's pretty straightforward especially if you run it with some experienced folks.

1. Ladies of Strong Back

30 is perfect for VoG. You'll be fine. Hard mode has a different loot table, you can get hard mode weapons which don't drop in normal mode.

CE is straighforward, just join a group over here and learn it as you play.

Hoodbury

1. Ladies of Strong Back

Should be perfectly fine to run either HM Vog or normal Crota at level 30 in a GAF group. Just let them know it's your first time.

phen0m24

1. Ladies of Strong Back

1) Are awesome.

2) We used to do (insert long-winded tales of the VoG's early days) Vog HM with 1 or 2 29's (and the rest 30's). If you're a 30 on a team of 32's it's not hard at all. You might want to let the 32's hold the relic, or at least they'll insist you do if you die using it once. LOL You'll be fine. You can self-res! :) (I have one character of each - don't get all the warlock hate)

3) Depends. Want to go in blind? Don't watch anything. If you prefer to know what you're getting in to, or want to help the team more on your first try, check out some videos. Fig has a great one of her running sword. Kadey has soloed the whole raid. Dr Drizzay likely has hundreds of scrubby videos
(of our Fun Run team)
showing you what not to do. :p

1. Ladies of Strong Back

1. Yes

2. You wouldn't be a burden, 30 is enough. It is a good bit harder though. You get double loot if you haven't already done normal.

3. It's pretty straightforward.

1. Ladies of Strong Back

1. I'm sure you're all awesome.

2. You'll do fine with a 30. I need to run it as well so if you need someone to join tonight I can be part of the group. As long as we don't stay playing much beyond midnight BST...

3. In NM it's pretty straightforward. If we can get a group we can do a tour. Shorter than VoG too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

1. Ladies of Strong Back

Crota's End is mindlessly easy if anyone else on your team has run it at least once before. There's really no challenge to it, unfortunately, unless your team can't follow directions.

Crota's End is mindlessly easy if anyone else on your team has run it at least once before. There's really no challenge to it, unfortunately, unless your team can't follow directions.
Or the glitches fuck you over.

Also anyone doing any raids or NFs?

A little Bad Juju action. Started out really rough but some great Warlocking turned the battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7jKLesm6BU
Yeah I'v kind of fallen in love with BJ(lol) as of late.

Namikaze1

1. Ladies of Strong Back

1. Can one of you Ladies of Strong Back carry me in Skirmish? :)

2. It is very doable with a level 30 Warlock. There's no damage reduction for you since you're 30.

3. First part and Deathsinger are pretty straightforward. Doing the bridge legit may require to look up some vids. For Crota himself, it depend on the mode you're playing.

1. Ladies of Strong Back

1. I still don't really get what this means. Does it mean you have strong back muscles because you have to support what's in the front?
(boobs)

2. It's harder but you'll be fine at 30. I'm happy to help you run through a HM VoG tonight.

3. I'll run a NM Crota with you tonight as well. I can loop in a couple others. You'll be 100% fine for that too.

Edit: if you haven't done Crota, don't look up any videos. Go in blind with a good team, will be much more enjoyable that way.

belmakor

Wow, these threads move quick. Reminds me a bit if being on irc ages playing quake.

Anyway, I'm up for some nightfalls or a raid. Not much raid experience though, so I'd probably need to tag along with more experienced people.

PSN id is BelmakoR

1. I still don't really get what this means. Does it mean you have strong back muscles because you have to support what's in the front?
(boobs)

2. It's harder but you'll be fine at 30. I'm happy to help you run through a HM VoG tonight.

3. I'll run a NM Crota with you tonight as well. I can loop in a couple others. You'll be 100% fine for that too.

Edit: if you haven't done Crota, don't look up any videos. Go in blind with a good team, will be much more enjoyable that way.

tumblr_ltvuov6PFk1qc1plk.gif

No? I thought that was the joke. I was kind of hoping that was the joke...

I want to pretend you are calling Nami a boob. That Fig has to carry him with her strong back because he is a boob.

It's just because of the jokes about fig carrying people, and for ToO she is going to need a stronger back

JayHayabusa

JayHayabusa with the epic Crota kill right when we were about to rage quit.. thanks for hooking that up!

And I'm now officially ready to join the NLB Fan Club >:D

It was a crazy run. Far too glitchy! Couldn't see the ruthbarbarian running sword on my screen. Couldn't see ethomaz pulling bubbles either! But we pulled it off. Thx guys.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I still don't get it... can someone explain so I don't make any more inappropriate, yet unintentional, comments?

I signed an NDA.

I'll be online in a little bit but won't be able to use a mic until about 6ish BST. The love of my life is sat next to me watching Grey's Anatomy. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom