• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
there could be either an idle timer, or performance check option. If someone is idle, or has rigged their controller to spin around, then a performance check right before the final boss could kick in and give the fire team members the option to boot the idler.

Might as well go with my earlier suggestion then. If they're not getting any rewards, they might as well not idle.

noomi

Well all my raiding and nightfalls are done for the week, and I will now be focusing on crucible until HoW, really need to get better. I'm not horrible, but not great either....

If I had a mouse + keyboard though... GG

Also, this is the last week we are running level 30 nightfalls, and hard mode crota will become significantly easier as a level 33 :)

So close!

You sonova..

Edit:

When I'm not at work/on my phone I'd like to have a civil discussion about ToO and the stigma behind looking for pvp-centric groups here.
there's no stigma - at least none that i've perceived. the week after ToO streamed, we all were stoked to practice and there were all manner of PvP-GAF trains on the tracks.

Deku Tree

Well all my raiding and nightfalls are done for the week, and I will now be focusing on crucible until HoW, really need to get better. I'm not horrible, but not great either....

If I had a mouse + keyboard though... GG

Also, this is the last week we are running level 30 nightfalls, and hard mode crota will become significantly easier as a level 33 :)

So close!

If Bungie gets rid of Auto Aim or makes it optional then people with homebrew KB&M setups will dominate.

Maddocks

I personally can't wait to be able to 3 man crota on hard. I can do crota on normal 3 man no problem. But to be able to do it on hard with a small group will be great.

Probably why I like VoG so much, because it almost forces you to have 4-6 people to make it work. Plus it is just a fun raid that is interesting to boot and has a pretty slick style of teleporting you around. Corta raid is kinda like 4 hallways, not as fun.

I hope it won't take half a year like what happen with the praxic to see this:
CDPTXrCW8AAq0bl.jpg

Although there's no pictures of the bottom (I don't think) the top part looks amazing imo.

After Deathsinger's Mantle I became weary of the way they show chest pieces. I think the upper part of DM looks awesome on my chars (my main and alt are human females), but the ripped up look of the bottom half is really disappointing and looks bad to me compared to Praxic Fire (my favorite piece of gear).

Hopefully that one won't suffer the same issue. I agree, the upper part looks good, though I wish we had images of the female version.

Aw yis! Witcher 3 fully installed. Now to do Weekly. God help me with these randoms...

Is the pre-load up for PS4 or PC only?

Deku Tree

Any new DLC exotic that can be sold is almost certainly going to be sold by Xur say within 3-4 weeks, and it probably has a higher chance of dropping from RNG if you go by their game plan for TDB.

Impala26

I love the Vex. One of my favorite guns in the game.

Vex, Ice Breaker, or Pocket Infinity will be one of the first weapons I ascend with HoW.

These are all useful, satisfying weapons to use.

...so much solar damage.
I need some more top-tier void weapons man.

Namikaze1

Nami....
I am now a disciple of hawk

*bows*
Welcome, Brother Noomi Hawki!

Do you need a lady with a strong back?
Do I?

The answer is yes.
you've chosen wisely
He sure has.
*insert evil laugh*

Is the pre-load up for PS4 or PC only?
For all systems. I bought it digitally for PS4. You just have to go to the PS Store page or your Library and hit download. Will download the game + day 1 patch.

Phantasy Star

Neo Member
Anyone playing Crucible today?

Also bit of an offtopic question but I don't feel like it needs a topic of its own. I have three movies that I want to watch i.e. Avengers, Fast and Furious and Mad Max but I can only go see one right now. I can watch the rest later after my exams (Tomorrowland and Jurassic World will be out too by that time so will need to see those as well lol).

Which one should I go see today?

Mad Max!

ich00

aw, sorry ich - i think i grabbed the only 4th horseman to drop during our raids on tuesday. :|

I believe you are correct, it's all good tho, it wasn't sharded immediately so I'm not too salty =D

I personally can't wait to be able to 3 man crota on hard. I can do crota on normal 3 man no problem. But to be able to do it on hard with a small group will be great.

Probably why I like VoG so much, because it almost forces you to have 4-6 people to make it work. Plus it is just a fun raid that is interesting to boot and has a pretty slick style of teleporting you around. Corta raid is kinda like 4 hallways, not as fun.

I agree with both statements here. There's not much for me to get in the Crota raid, and I have a few people that I play with very regularly that used to do normal Crota with just three all the time. Plus it can get a little difficult to find a full fireteam for hm, being able to 3 man it will be great.

VoG is just a fun time. The mechanics are different each encounter (for the most part) and it's a team effort to get done. Crota on the other hand relies too much on individual performance. Plus it can be soloed fairly easily.

LTWood12

I believe you are correct, it's all good tho, it wasn't sharded immediately so I'm not too salty =D

I agree with both statements here. There's not much for me to get in the Crota raid, and I have a few people that I play with very regularly that used to do normal Crota with just three all the time. Plus it can get a little difficult to find a full fireteam for hm, being able to 3 man it will be great.

VoG is just a fun time. The mechanics are different each encounter (for the most part) and it's a team effort to get done. Crota on the other hand relies too much on individual performance. Plus it can be soloed fairly easily.

hated to leave you guys last night. I'd promised T-44 I'd help him w/ the nightfalls, and my scrubby Templar play made that take way longer than I'd budgeted for time :( Sorry!

For all systems. I bought it digitally for PS4. You just have to go to the PS Store page or your Library and hit download. Will download the game + day 1 patch.

Thanks. Saw it was up for GOG and Steam, but had no idea PS4 was also up. Will start the download after playing Destiny tonight. I'm sure it will take at least the whole night...

LordofPwn

Me doing PVP as Hunter: Casually getting double kills with 1 golden gun shot, sticking knives in heads and watching people burn. "Best Around"

Me doing PVP as TITAN: Lightning Grenade, hey stop running, get back here, LET ME PUNCH YOU!... why are my arms so short? I could waste my super and just kill you, or i can wait for a group. *continues to never run into a single group*

Me doing PVP as Warlock: what are guns? High five! "Point B Neutralized" Hey be there in a min, just gonna float on over there, I hope no one--- *sniped*. You get a grenade and you get a grenade EVERYONE GETS A GRENADE!

Me doing PVP as Hunter: Casually getting double kills with 1 golden gun shot, sticking knives in heads and watching people burn. "Best Around"

Me doing PVP as TITAN: Lightning Grenade, hey stop running, get back here, LET ME PUNCH YOU!... why are my arms so short? I could waste my super and just kill you, or i can wait for a group. *continues to never run into a single group*

Me doing PVP as Warlock: what are guns? High five! "Point B Neutralized" Hey be there in a min, just gonna float on over there, I hope no one--- *sniped*. You get a grenade and you get a grenade EVERYONE GETS A GRENADE!

Me doing PVP: WHERE IS MY FUCKING TEAM?

Kyne

there's not stigma - at least none that i've perceived. the week after ToO streamed, we all were stoked to practice and there were all manner of PvP-GAF trains on the tracks.

there might be once people start getting frustrated about not being able to stack consecutive wins :s

Me doing PVP: WHERE IS MY FUCKING TEAM?

*team is off in the distance capping A while you have B and C*

I'm really excited for a raid in a more Old Russia style that's less magicy and more big machine mechanics. Cabal or Fallen. That's gonna be sick.

That feel when the full auto on your TLW glitches out and you get killed by a FB.

That happens to me on one of my controllers, but not the other. It's weird. I pretty much can't use that controller now because I'm always using TLW.

:c I haven't actually seen any of the vids you've posted but I'll assume you're rocking in them? We should team up. I will do my best not to be your dead teammate off in the distance.

I'm performing above average, yes. :p

It's not their fault. Bungie never programmed the much needed "show respect to Warlocks our Saviors" command in Destiny. I will tweet Deej to fix this mess for Destiny 2.

Edit:

On a serious note. Since I am nothing more than a crazy glutton for punishment. I want to work on the Destiny GAF communities presence on Xbox. A call to arms to all XboxOne Destiny players. We should commit to a particular time once a week and do crazy stuff.

I'm up for this: GT is Vince DiCola, I am looking to take a mate through VoG for the first time and need some gentle, patient Guardians to assist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom