• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Sorry Sploatee, but your avatar doesn't mesh well with anything in the pic. Wanted to place Todd's avatar somewhere up on the tree.

CE_Y1OhWYAAY_h7.png:orig

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good afternoon. I have three points to make.

1. Ladies of Strong Back

2. How much harder is hard mode VoG? I have a level 30 warlock - do you think I'll be a burden on a team? Also, do you get all of the drops you would've got normally plus extra?

3. I've never run Crota's End before. Should I watch some videos, read a guide etc before asking to join a team here or is it pretty straightforward?

I've got the TV tonight so I'm just working out what I should do.

CE solo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le7VRJm5QtA

CE with a group - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8leMsfmxuQ

Hard mode Crota - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abd7VYPkajc This one is funny because of the reaction at the end.

I tend to help out various people with runs a dozen times over even though I already did mine for the week. You are free to join whatever random groups I end up with.

CE as a whole is pretty much the same between normal and hard except for higher level enemies. Crota himself you cannot heal without the chalice in hard and he gets pissed off when he's about to die.

http://destinystatus.com/psn/DekuBleep

Ok I am ready to buy six weapons on Day 1 of HoW....

..which six do you recommend that I pick up DGAF?

Oh and I'm ready to get more than seven faction packages too.

pff, you think you're ready?

http://destinystatus.com/xbl/oddworld18

591 vanguard marks, 414 crucible marks (more to come this weekend, probably), 14 faction packages.

Has Bungie ever clarified whether vanguard and crucible commendations will apply to whatever faction you're currently repping? That would make this a lot easier.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been any more info about that (rumored?) HoW bug? I'd be pretty bummed if HoW was delayed.

Has there been any more info about that (rumored?) HoW bug? I'd be pretty bummed if HoW was delayed.

Only info we've been given is that the 1.2 patch had a bug that would do something involving how we logged in. Didn't seem to be anything too broken with the dlc content itself.

Considering they know what caused it between yesterday and earlier today, I doubt this would delay HoW at all or more than a week in the worst case scenario.

Deku Tree

Nami and Math, here's that crazy lag I was telling you about. I'm just glad I wasn't killed.

I've been getting melee killed from players who were not in shotgun range of me today. Seriously I fire a shotgun at them and no damage then the next thing on my screen is that I was killed by a melee attack from the same distance away player. Why is the lag so horrible in Destiny Crucible?

GutZ31

I've been getting melee killed from players who were not in shotgun range of me today. Seriously I fire a shotgun at them and no damage then the next thing on my screen is that I was killed by a melee attack from the same distance away player. Why is the lag so horrible in Destiny Crucible?
I had vented about an instance where I had blade danced 5 people, hits connected perfectly, and I die about 2 seconds after hitting the last one from a hunter melee.

7 seconds later, it registers me killing the last guy I hit with blade dancer.

I was told by someone that the melee damage from the hunter would be enough to kill me if it had the right perk, but didn't address any of the other bullshit that had to do with a laggy match.

I just gave up talking about crucible lag at that point.
I feel your pain.

Kyne

But seriously. Extended melee range + blink + ranged super that has a ridiculous AoE.

Warlocks can lock right off.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just had a team mate get 0 kills and 17 deaths in Skirmish. #coolgreat

Only info we've been given is that the 1.2 patch had a bug that would do something involving how we logged in. Didn't seem to be anything too broken with the dlc content itself.

Considering they know what caused it between yesterday and earlier today, I doubt this would delay HoW at all or more than a week in the worst case scenario.
Ah okay, cool.

Deku Tree

Who said that?

Okay.

0:39 you had the drop on the guy but decided to throw your grenade. At that range TLW would have wrecked him before he could react. You got killed because the grenade took too long to go off.

1:40 your radar showed that there were two people there. You should have gone for the one closest to you first. Using TLW worked out for you killing the first guy, but a shotgun would have been quicker.

2:45 you ran in for a revive even though your radar was red all over. Sometimes you just have to hang back and let them revive on their own. You might have got a kill though if you'd changed to your shotgun.

3:40 you danced over your enemy's corpse. You've now become enemy #1. :p

4:00 perfect time to use your super. You got lucky that the Titan ran towards your teammate.

4:25 as soon as you saw red on your radar, you should have pulled back. Your two teammates were with you, there was no need to be so aggressive.

5:25 you probably should have pulled back and got the guy on your left first. Since you went for the other guy, using your shotgun would have been quicker and you might have been able to blink away instead of dying.

5:50 should have pulled back once your teammates both died.

The rest I can't see much wrong with. You really just need to learn to be less aggressive. TLW won't save you from a shotgun up close. If that's the game you want to play, you need to take your shotgun out more.
I only got to watch 4 minutes or so, but there were a couple times early on where you really should have paid attention to your radar. Once to retreat after 2 of them were dead and you were weak, and then the other time you charged into B to revive but the radar showed guys in B and one behind you. Shoulda handled the guy behind you first, and I don't use TLW, but I would always pull the shotgun out if I'm running to revive and know there's people near.

Thank you both for providing feedback. I agree I am too aggressive and reckless and should focus looking at my radar more often. I will definitely try to incorporate all of this in my next few games and hopefully I will improve slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom