• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

The PVP portion of this bounty was easily the hardest thing I've done in Destiny and one of the harder gaming grinds I've had. The last time I played PVP in first-person was Goldeneye on N64, and I'm used to being pretty decent at dueling in Dark Souls.

Thanks goes to:
• Sars & Mickey for getting me through Xyor! Couldn't have done it without you guys.
&
• Robinson, Gaz, Grimlock, & all my PVP mentors. I am not worthy.
&
• Truth. Wow. When Word of Crota let me down, you picked me up, even if you did get me punched in the back by my own teammates when I started camping heavy with over a minute until drop.

And how did I do it? Lots of games like this:

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Either sounds good if you have an opening. I still need Fatebringer, VoC, Vex, Gjallarhorn...

I think sleepy wants to do a HM one, so that's three - I'll give it another ten mins but then that's my bedtime.

Nami - I very much appreciate my barrel.

I actually had a second Thorn bounty I was working on and it was worse attempting now with a full void loadout then when I finished it the first time just rocking a void fusion rifle and magnetic grenades. The changes to special and heavy as well as machine guns make it much harder now. I couldn't kill anyone with WoC in PvP and said screw it "I already have thorn and don't use it. Why am I doing this?" Bounty deleted.

so, after watching that awesome warlock crucible video... what perk combo should i be rocking? clearly he's rocking voidfangs, which is generally my approach, but other than that, i presume int/str, axion grenades, and... lance?

The PVP portion of this bounty was easily the hardest thing I've done in Destiny and one of the harder gaming grinds I've had. The last time I played PVP in first-person was Goldeneye on N64, and I'm used to being pretty decent at dueling in Dark Souls.

Thanks goes to:
• Sars & Mickey for getting me through Xyor! Couldn't have done it without you guys.
&
&
• Truth. Wow. When Word of Crota let me down, you picked me up, even if you did get me punched in the back by my own teammates when I started camping heavy with over a minute until drop.

Awww SH..!!! Way to go Hoss. Didn't know if you were gonna finish the Void Kills grind yesterday or not. DAT Dedication. Happy you were able to get it done. Now the XP grind because you can't know the true power of Thorn until you unlock Mark of the Devourer.

MickeyPhree

Thanks goes to:
&
&

Glad to be of service. Go buy alien isolation.

I think sleepy wants to do a HM one, so that's three - I'll give it another ten mins but then that's my bedtime.

Nami - I very much appreciate my barrel.

Getting late for me too, but I'll be available this weekend if you need someone.

Huh, finally got the Bad Juju bounty and now I have to do a Weekly or NF. I've already done both... Think I'm gonna wait for next week.

Looking forward to the PvP part I presume ;P

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah, it seems today's not gonna happen. I'll be on tomorrow too and on the weekend.

Nevermind,, we can try again. Are you in the UK, Buddha? I thought you sounded American.

I might be able to do tomorrow but I'll have to see, getting my new tattoo finished off after work. Excited! I can then blame my awfulness at this game on lack of arm movement.

Getting late for me too, but I'll be available this weekend if you need someone.

Looking forward to the PvP part I presume ;P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not this one too! Why???????

It's a bit more bearable now...

Nevermind,, we can try again. Are you in the UK, Buddha? I thought you sounded American.

I might be able to do tomorrow but I'll have to see, getting my new tattoo finished off after work. Excited! I can then blame my awfulness at this game on lack of arm movement.

I'm portuguese, so same time as UK. Not the first brit who thinks I sound vaguely americanish. I can sound somewhat brit, but for some reason I feel a bit awkward doing that.

Ken

Anyone still need the 30 weekly? I need a group. Tried matchmaking and the other dude afk'd at the boss room.

Edit nvm

noomi

Starting to get my crucible grove back, thanks to the thorn of course :)

Well, I'm out for Mad Max, I'm sure there will be a long line for me to wait in when I get there. I'll tell you all how awesome it is when I get back.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm playing some Clash with randoms... win some, lost others... I did now a match where I killed 17 dudes and the second guy in my team only 9.

I can't carry five guys on my back like you GAFers do :(

PS. I'm using guns I don't use to see if they are good for PVP... I don't know the Mito is really good but seems like it has some delay in the shots until really kill.

Namikaze1

I figured. You generally don't post things that you don't actually want to happen, Hawkikaze1.

How you like it so far?
CE_xoToWEAEEuxi.png:orig

Impala26

The Gjallarhorn of the classes.

OP.

Between that and the Bladedancer Killtrocity vid someone else posted earlier...

This is exactly why I go in the vicinity of the heavy ammo spawns when it's called out, but not right on top of the box. Surprise supers at the heavy ammo are increasingly more frequent.

El'Kharn

Shout out to ocean (and the other guy missed your name sorry) for helping me do my fist weekly nightfall, 10 shards i'm not very lucky but at least i got all my armor maxed out now.
Also sorry for that second one on my titan you jumped in on, i was farming the last few i needed for my bounty and i wasn't expecting anyone to jump in. I should have My titans stuff maxed out today so the next one i do with it should go a lot better

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not this one too! Why???????

It's a bit more bearable now...

I'm portuguese, so same time as UK. Not the first brit who thinks I sound vaguely americanish. I can sound somewhat brit, but for some reason I feel a bit awkward doing that.
A fellow Dutch, Swedish and murderham player thought I sound like a UK...

umm, a button up shirt and khaki pants isn't style lol

When I went to work all my co-workers wore suits and ties... I rocked Destiny t-shirts and sneakers. Sometimes pants if they were lucky.

Edit: I also worked "from home" I mean the bar. Professionalism at it's finest here folks.

Between that and the Bladedancer Killtrocity vid someone else posted earlier...

This is exactly why I go in the vicinity of the heavy ammo spawns when it's called out, but not right on top of the box. Surprise supers at the heavy ammo are increasingly more frequent.
Yup. It's exactly what I do ever since they changed the heavy ammo. Piss poor change in my opinion. Free super kills almost every time.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I'm struggling with PVP and rely to heavily on heavy ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvb5AggGHQ

Top page shilling for my video!

Stealth brag post huh? That's better than 90% of my games. You shotgunned that one guy jumping down from the hanging thing right in the face. There was another where it took two shots to shotgun the guy, but you still beat him. The rocket double kill by shooting over the middle thing and using the door frame to have it burst was brilliant. AND that Blade Dance at the end was montage worthy.

So what clan/guild should I be apart of right now since everyone has jumped ship from GAF Raiders.

Basically, we're having a popularity contest. Who loves Kor the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom