• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I feel so lost.

What's up with the fate of all fools bounty?

Nobody knows much about it except for ancient data mining that very likely changed.

People have only made crazy guesses based upon little information but some speculate that you might need nine wins on a single ToO passage to pick up the bounty.

Bungie hinted that something special happens when you get nine wins.

Lnkn52

The whole SEXY thing is alluded to Mr/Mrs. Smith where it's best they shoot each other before chickie chickie bow wow. And I think I would be banned if I tried posting pics and or videos of my escapades. Only people with access to my secret domain on YT would know. :)
I'm intrigued, tell us more of this lore you've brought upon us.

MickeyPhree

The whole SEXY thing is alluded to Mr/Mrs. Smith where it's best they shoot each other before chickie chickie bow wow. And I think I would be banned if I tried posting pics and or videos of my escapades. Only people with access to my secret domain on YT would know. :)

And Hawkmoon is the only handcannon of worth to use in crucible.

Hey now now.

Mito passed in my Crucible test.

|Weapons Worth of Use in Crucible|

- Hawkmoon
- Red Death (debatable)
- The Last Word
- Mida (debatable)
- Thorn

- Felwinter's Lie (> any other shotty).

- Tunderlord (only worth it if your switching out during heavy only, other wise Against All Odds/Deviant/Xeres/the Swarm/ Hammer/ CM are practically as good).
- Truth
- Any 2 cap rocket with horseshoes.

There are the weapons I tested... I will try no The Last Word and Sure Regime.
Fixed for top tier guns only. Snipers are better for me than shottys outside of Firebase Delphi/ when I'm playing Rumble, but they come down to preference mostly. I like the Spear, Prae Revenge, and LDR all for different reasons.

I can't play TDB PvP playlists because sky horrible is such a terrible map and I hate it. I'd rather just play the regular playlist. I really hope sky terribleness is taken out of the control and clash playlists when they combine the old maps with the new maps... Just like they took the other vehicle maps out earlier on.

eww its gonna go into combined arms. i already hate seeing first light there

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Send it is better on the Thorn than PB, and it's not even close. It'd also be nice to know when Crucible requests are apparently for a particular clan only.

I disagree. Outside of the Hawkmoon, it doesn't make all that much sense to play the distance game with handcannons like that. At the same time, two headshots from the Thorn is basically guaranteed kill with DoT. Getting those two quick shots off at mid-range, right at arm's length for most grenades is the whole game with the Thorn imo. When you're piecing guys up from distance, you're gonna end up with a bunch of assists more times than not.

Its all preference though of course.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So uhh how many days has it been since I last complained about being bad with hand cannons. I was so stoked with The Last Word but I'm butt with it. Total butt.

Nobody knows much about it except for ancient data mining that very likely changed.

People have only made crazy guesses based upon little information but some speculate that you might need nine wins on a single ToO passage to pick up the bounty.

Bungie hinted that something special happens when you get nine wins.

Why all the skirmish then? Do crucible marks get you anything with ToS?

I just don't know what to really do to prepare other than stock up on the usual items like planetary mats and glimmer. Even that isn't a big deal.

Seems like we will know more when the patch hits and HoW launches?

DY_nasty

I can't play TDB PvP playlists because sky horrible is such a terrible map and I hate it. I'd rather just play the regular playlist. I really hope sky terribleness is taken out of the control and clash playlists when they combine the old maps with the new maps... Just like they took the other vehicle maps out earlier on.
I think I'm the only person in this entire community that likes Sky lol

I'll even put up with Cauldron for it.

Fixed for top tier guns only. Snipers are better for me than shottys outside of Firebase Delphi/ when I'm playing Rumble, but they come down to preference mostly. I like the Spear, Prae Revenge, and LDR all for different reasons.
Snipers need more discussion in general. They're not all created equally - and depending on the base gun, rolls can have very different influences imo

ethomaz

Banned
I think my Felwinter's Lie don't have the right perks because it is worst than Secret Handshake for me.

Deku Tree

Connection recovery said:
If you encounter the most common kinds of networking problems and lose your connection to the game you're playing, Connection Recovery will leap into action and attempt to reconnect you. It won't always work, because the underlying networking problem may be too severe, but it gives you a fighting chance at rejoining the server you were playing on. If it's successful, you'll keep your progress and your Fireteam.

So bungie is rolling out "connection recovery" but at first only for ToO... so if your fireteam gets kicked during PoE with its no checkpoints then suck it up and start over from the beginning? Ok thanks Bungie.

Didn't see a thread on it after searching, but I noticed that there is a Activision PSN sale with Destiny listed. Is this a new sale?

It has the normal PS4 version for $30 and the digital guardian version for $60. It doesn't have a price cut thingy so I don't know if there's an additional price cut anything. Is this just a price drop? It doesn't have the usual normal price, then sale price listing.

Anyways if I get the guardian edition is it too late to jump in at this point?

DY_nasty

I think my Felwinter's Lie don't have the right perks because it is worst than Secret Handshake for me.

Felwinter was basically the perfect shotgun because you could make it into the perfect shotgun with re-rolls during IB. I expect that to change really soon in HoW because the Gunsmith will be doing re-rolls for vendor stuff. PvP is about to get really cheesed up tbh...

I disagree. Outside of the Hawkmoon, it doesn't make all that much sense to play the distance game with handcannons like that. At the same time, two headshots from the Thorn is basically guaranteed kill with DoT. Getting those two quick shots off at mid-range, right at arm's length for most grenades is the whole game with the Thorn imo. When you're piecing guys up from distance, you're gonna end up with a bunch of assists more times than not.

Its all preference though of course.

Getting headshots with the Thorn is what makes it a great (or overpowered) gun, so you should be maximizing them and send it increases your ability to do so significantly.

Lima

PB for Thorn all day

This is very wrong.

Send it is superior in every way. It increases aim assist and hit boxes for hitting headshots. And you get that insane sniper rifle like range. The only hand cannon where PB is useful is TLW because of the insane rate of fire.

DY_nasty

Getting headshots with the Thorn is what makes it a great (or overpowered) gun, so you should be maximizing them and send it increases your ability to do so significantly.

Stability makes that second headshot easier tho :eek:

Thorn is a beast because of the DoT combined with two headshot threat. People run predictably. Staying at mid-range with it and picking your fights pretty much says "stay and get de-wigged or run and catch a grenade". No other gun in the game immediately makes enemies as predictable as the Thorn. If you're giving people all that space with it... it kinda defeats the point. Otherwise, just use the Hawkmoon.
This is very wrong.

Send it is superior in every way. It increases aim assist and hit boxes for hitting headshots. And you get that insane sniper rifle like range. The only hand cannon where PB is useful is TLW because of the insane rate of fire.

Wait, Send It increases aim assist? I'll take everything back if that's true.

Don't know about Sniper Rifle range though...

Give me your youtube name and I shall show you chosen one. YT is a pain in the ass with giving access to pr videos so hopefully it works.

Just search for xVaalbarAx on YouTube and it'll show up. I literally just made the account like 2 hours ago lol

have to agree with send it for thorn

its range is ridiculous

nothing wrong with assists

i don't like comparing the exotic hand cannons against each other cause theyre all great in their way .. using the same gun every time gets boring

have to agree with send it for thorn

its range is ridiculous

nothing wrong with assists

i don't like comparing the exotic hand cannons against each other cause theyre all great in their way .. using the same gun every time gets boring
I'v actually started to use rare guns cause of this issue. It's boring. Mine as well have had fixed guns at this point if people are only going to use those weapons.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just search for xVaalbarAx on YouTube and it'll show up. I literally just made the account like 2 hours ago lol

Brandon? That's the problem with YT. It's easy to get like 999999999999999 of the same name and accidentally give access to the wrong person.

DY_nasty

I'v actually started to use rare guns cause of this issue. It's boring. Mine as well have had fixed guns at this point if people are only going to use those weapons.

The Devil You Know is still a beast too. That gun will be in my inventory forever.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nice news about the likely patch launch tomorrow.

Still, due to inclement weather, House of Wolves release may be affected.
Give me your youtube name and I shall show you chosen one. YT is a pain in the ass with giving access to pr videos so hopefully it works.
It still hasn't ever let me see them, lol.

Lima

It's what I like about sweaties. Pretty much everyone is using Thorn+Felwinter.

It's as close to standard load outs as we can get which is what the PvP in Destiny needs.

in crucible, players are going to gravitate toward the stuff that kills the best and puts them at little risk. its why the top loadouts are all the same - anything else puts the player ar a disadvantage. i liked TLW before it was everywhere. the top 3 hand cannons are probably gonna take the piss soon and then everyone will just use the best in line - Red Death and Bad Juju.

Lima

Wait, Send It increases aim assist? I'll take everything back if that's true.

Don't know about Sniper Rifle range though...

It does. Basically if any of your guns has send it, use it.

My longbow synthesis has it which is already a sniper with high aim assist. I struggle to miss heads with it.

It's what I like about sweaties. Pretty much everyone is using Thorn+Felwinter.

It's as close to standard load outs as we can get which is what the PvP in Destiny needs.
What's the standard load out for sweaties?
Cause if thorn and Felwinter are standard I say fuck that. Sounds terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom