• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god! We're gonna die a lot

aliensspecialscenes27.jpg

spyder_ur

Anyone hosting the Gorgon CP by any chance? If you don't feel like holding it so I can swing thru x3, I'd be grateful just to grab it.

Lima

That's like secret handshake.

Why is shot package better then rangefinder?

Basically rangefinder increases range when aiming down sights. Whether or not that is actually doing anything when your shotgun is already at the range cap I don't know.

Anyways with rangefinder you still have the problem of bullet spread. Aiming over a great distance will mean that not all shotgun pallets hit the target.

Shot package is the perk that reduces this spread while aiming. This means all pallets will hit the target and over greater distances too. It basically is what makes shotguns so damn annoying in crucible.

While the secret handshake has both HF and SP it lacks absolute range and impact both of which means that it doesn't one hit kill over the same distances as a Felwinter.

I got embarrassed in Crucible. 1 kill and 11 deaths in a match. In my defense I was distracted by questions from my wife in the room, but damn.

M3Rocket

Anyone hosting the Gorgon CP by any chance? If you don't feel like holding it so I can swing thru x3, I'd be grateful just to grab it.

I'll hold it for ya. Join on me. I'm on remote play (no mic). If you spawn in and nothing is happening, it much mean my connection dropped. In which case, hold tight since I'll be reconnecting and back in within a couple of minutes.

Everyone else welcome. Will stay for at least 20 -30 minutes.

ich00

Would any of these prospective HM VoG groups this evening be willing to do Templars 3x so I can grab Fatebringer?

I might be up for running it a few times, I have the cp at the oracles. Just waiting for my son to go to sleep then I can jump on.

For the raid tomorrow, you think we can all sign up to the same clan to get the trophy? BTW, you're on PS4 right?
oh, i'm helping with a flawless? sure! yes, i'm on PS4 - i think i have you on my FL already?
what time? lmk the deets and i'll try my best to be available.

Anyone need a 31 titan for normal VOG or Crota? I'm just getting back into it so probably need a refresher on some of the mechanics but I have a mic.

Can you still cheese the templar by grenading him over the cliff? Thats the last time I played.

PSN Bicep_Curls
no, they fixed that.

BondFancy

Excited to see the patch is coming tomorrow, hopefully the crucible changes go live immediately tomorrow morning, would make mark grinding much more enjoyable.

Deku Tree

Basically rangefinder increases range when aiming down sights. Whether or not that is actually doing anything when your shotgun is already at the range cap I don't know.

Anyways with rangefinder you still have the problem of bullet spread. Aiming over a great distance will mean that not all shotgun pallets hit the target.

Shot package is the perk that reduces this spread while aiming. This means all pallets will hit the target and over greater distances too. It basically is what makes shotguns so damn annoying in crucible.

While the secret handshake has both HF and SP it lacks absolute range and impact both of which means that it doesn't one hit kill over the same distances as a Felwinter.

Thx. So what's better my vendor secret handshake? Or my judgement with rangefinder + hammer forged?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Excited to see the patch is coming tomorrow, hopefully the crucible changes go live immediately tomorrow morning, would make mark grinding much more enjoyable.

so hyped

the grind for crucible marks was torture before

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This whole clan thing isn't and shouldn't be a popularity contest. Join whatever clan you feel like. Whatever tag, etc you feel like using. Bottom line is we're all GAF. And Driz's clan deserves more people because he is one of the people who put the most work into this community.

Anyway I'll be back later for some raiding.

Lnkn52

Wow. This pitch is pretty strong... Nami, you may want to watch out.
I'm jumping ship again.

This whole clan thing isn't and shouldn't be a popularity contest. Join whatever clan you feel like. Whatever tag, etc you feel like using. Bottom line is we're all GAF. And Driz's clan deserves more people because he is one of the people who put the most work into this community.

We are just teasing.

Lol...I'm sure everyone realizes that (I hope). It's all for fun. We need some padding so when the numbers get crunched lfg post % sinks to the bottom.

blackjaw

Sticking with SEXY and the silent lady swordbearer.

Plus Ruthless hooks it up with Gorgon checks every week (need them for this week, later tonight!).

Well said :)

If there wasn't a 75 member clan limitation, everyone here would probably be on the same clan tag.

Sticking with SEXY and the silent lady swordbearer.

Plus Ruthless hooks it up with Gorgon checks every week (need them for this week, later tonight!).

Sure, anytime.

I have lurked lots for a very long time and want to add Hawkian in the mix. He held such excitement about Destiny when so many talked down Destiny. Not an easy task way back then. Destiny has flaws and if it wasn't for people like Hawkain and Namikazi encouraging players with such passion and humor, not sure if many would have kept up the good fight. I'm not familar with Driz, but if he putting in encouragement into Destiny, I'm behind him 100% Its players and community, with passion, excitement that can keep a game going and it spreads from there.

I give up on Thorn. This morning got to halfway. Now at 233.

FML

Don't give up, half the job is nearly done.

I did my first (and only) Thorn bounty on a hunter using a green fusion rifle and corrective measure. Averaging 35 points per game, took me about 3 hours and 15 odd games.

Just play control or clash and get your kills around choke points.

Didn't run him over with your sparrow? Vanilla am disappoint.

I got to do this to an afk'er for the first time the other day. Level 8 sepkis had a 31 sitting at the start, so I gave him the benefit of doubt and punched him until he moved. Got to the devil walker and he sat in the corner and only moved when I pushed him into the walker's line of fire to go back to his corner.

It felt good to squish him against the wall with my sparrow.

GutZ31

I have lurked lots for a very long time and want to add Hawkian in the mix. He held such excitement about Destiny when so many talked down Destiny. Not an easy task way back then. Destiny has flaws and if it wasn't for people like Hawkain and Namikazi encouraging players with such passion and humor, not sure if many would have kept up the good fight. I'm not familar with Driz, but if he putting in encouragement into Destiny, I'm behind him 100% Its players and community, with passion, excitement that can keep a game going and it spreads from there.
Drizzay is the original poster of this thread, go to the first page to see his GAF name ;)

He has been an active member of DGAF from the very start.
As far as I'm concerned, everyone on DGAF has been awesome.

I got to do this to an afk'er for the first time the other day. Level 8 sepkis had a 31 sitting at the start, so I gave him the benefit of doubt and punched him until he moved. Got to the devil walker and he sat in the corner and only moved when I pushed him into the walker's line of fire to go back to his corner.

It felt good to squish him against the wall with my sparrow.
*slow clap*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom