• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out 1

It is the idea of the post that matters, not the actual post.

BQJg3EI.png

M3Rocket

My Tower Ghost is borked, is anyone else have trouble?

New version was just uploaded.

On Android, you can force it to "look for new version" by tapping the screen with three fingers. If it hangs on the refresh screen, simply hit the back button. That should put you in the main menu and you can then restart and reload Tower Ghost and it should then find the new version.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me. I'm struggling with PVP and rely to heavily on heavy ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKvb5AggGHQ

Top page shilling for my video!

the others touched on the time related stuff so i'll swing a little broader.

i think there are 3 areas you need to focus on. The first would be confidence in engagements. you don't have to be the best shot, but a good portion of your deaths were because you hesitated when you had the upper hand. with blink and shotgun especially, you can be unpredictable when you're up close to an enemy, so it'd help if you used it to your advantage by gaining immediate height over your opponent. Firebase Delphi is especially good for this technique.

The second thing would be anticipation. Reading the moves of your opponents lets you judge the situation and react earlier. It seemed like you weren't sure what they would do, which ties into the first bit about confidence. Again, you don't need to be the best shot, nor should you be relying on gun skill to bail you out of bad decisions. But when you can bait your opponent into a disadvantage or predict which direction they will move, it gives you more time to kill them. Somebody mentioned several pages ago that getting the drop on somebody happens when they made a mistake a few seconds earlier rather than in the exact moment. This "mind game" is one of the biggest skills to hone.

The last thing that will wrap all of this together is awareness. As others said, you challenged a lot of engagements that were too hot, as denoted by your radar. It can be deceiving so you shouldn't rely on it, but you should always keep a mental count of where the enemies are in relation to you. Similarly, you want to be somewhere they don't expect, whether it's above them, closer to the wall than they'll turn, or on a crate near a door.

As for specifics:

-When you had rockets and fired into C heavy, you aimed too high. When you have height advantage, you want to aim behind the player at the ground and not directly at the player. Most of them will back up thinking you fired in front of them. If they're blinkers, they'll probably blink forward or right upwards, and then it's better to hit a wall next to them. This also requires a bit of anticipation, but it works when they're preoccupied (in this case with your teammates). You may also need to find a rocket with tracking and/or grenades and horshoes.

-If you prefer to use the Flux grenade, then stick with it. But you need to own up to its potential. It's good to throw it from behind cover at an enemy who's coming after you; it's not great when there's a bunch of them clustered together. The bladedancer's Arc Bolt is actually the best PvP grenade in the game, especially when it comes to crowd control. If you haven't experimented with that, you might want to give it a shot. If you're already running a shotgun build, you should be fine as far as bailing yourself out of sticky situations (no pun intended).

I got to do this to an afk'er for the first time the other day. Level 8 sepkis had a 31 sitting at the start, so I gave him the benefit of doubt and punched him until he moved. Got to the devil walker and he sat in the corner and only moved when I pushed him into the walker's line of fire to go back to his corner.

It felt good to squish him against the wall with my sparrow.

I recall recently during a ROC strike, where one guy was AFK for 2 strikes. I reported him for idling couple of times, and messaged the other random to do the same. 1 minute later, he left/got kicked. Maybe idle reporting words?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have hard Crota checks on my warlock and titan. Somebody else can run sword for maximum efficiency but I'm not afraid to run sword with either of those classes if need be.

Out 1

You are admitting that a hunter is our savior? I knew you weren't crazy.

Anyone up for hard Crota or VOG from gorons?

Not sure if I have time for a full VOG from Gorgons, but I'd like to join for Crota. Hope the lag isn't inadequate...

jett

D-Member
Well I got a freakin' monte carlo from a VoG chest. Which is sad but this is my second one, and the previous I sharded due to intense shittiness. :p

noomi

So patch tomorrow? Maybe? Probably? Cool...

Also!

Go see Mad Max guys, just go...please. It was fantastic, but unfortunately nearly ruined by 4 idiots behind me who wouldn't STFU even after I asked them to stop. Sometimes I really dislike people.... today was one of those days.

Is narmerquest the last big hunt left.
Noomi got his hawkmoon
Driz his tlord
Breezy his hezen
Toast his glord status

LiK never got his hawkmoon :( Where is LiK anyway? Coming back for HoW?

Is narmerquest the last big hunt left.
Noomi got his hawkmoon
Driz his tlord
Breezy his hezen
Toast his glord status
OddOne got The Last Word
and then Xur sold it

I don't remember if Homeboyd's thunderlord is legit or not. Maybe he's one of those filthy casuals who bought it instead

OddOne got The Last Word
and then Xur sold it

I don't remember if Homeboyd's thunderlord is legit or not. Maybe he's one of those filthy casuals who bought it instead

The last exotics i needed wrre tlord and hawkmoon. And i got the within a week of each other. Rngesus works in mysterious ways.

Narmer has done something to displease the gods.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You have five minutes before I change it back to private.

LOL at Vaalbar's reaction.
Brutal. I got on a plane two minutes after posting that...and about to get on another.

Maybe someday, Kadey girl. Maybe someday.
I have lurked lots for a very long time and want to add Hawkian in the mix. He held such excitement about Destiny when so many talked down Destiny. Not an easy task way back then. Destiny has flaws and if it wasn't for people like Hawkain and Namikazi encouraging players with such passion and humor, not sure if many would have kept up the good fight. I'm not familar with Driz, but if he putting in encouragement into Destiny, I'm behind him 100% Its players and community, with passion, excitement that can keep a game going and it spreads from there.
I really appreciate that... it means an enormous amount to me.

Other hawk notes:

Send It for Thorn, no question. Please understand, Thorn with Send It currently has the highest range of any hand cannon. Perfect Balance is usually not the right choice for hc's, you want to be aiming every individual shot. TLW is a huge exception of course.

Thorn + shot package felwinters being considered the lone loadout for competitive play makes me nauseous.

I don't think the exotic HCs really need a nerf, except a modest one for Thorn. ARs need a slight buff, shotgun OHK range needs to be halved across the board, and I'm happy with crucible right now.

I don't like the Detroit airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom