• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

You can have a choice:

1.) Xur is murdered. Nobody sells exotics on a weekly basis. To make up for this, you can trade newly dropped weapons or armor with anyone that was on your Fireteam when it dropped, within 30 minutes of finishing a raid, nightfall, Crucible match, or strike. MassiveKilla420 got his third Gjallarhorn and you still don't have yours? Send him the Legnedary scout rifle that dropped for you and he'll give you his spare Gjallarhorn. STIPULATION: Only items that are dropped within the last 30 minutes can be traded. If the Legendary For The People you just got doesn't appeal to him, then tough nuts. He wants the maxed out Pocket Infinity you got weeks ago, but it cannot be traded.

2.) Xur lives. You can buy whatever you want with your massive stack of Strange Coins each week, but you are at the mercy of the RNG God that fills his inventory.

Which would you prefer?

You can have a choice:

1.) Xur is murdered. Nobody sells exotics on a weekly basis. To make up for this, you can trade newly dropped weapons or armor with anyone that was on your Fireteam when it dropped, within 30 minutes of finishing a raid, nightfall, Crucible match, or strike. MassiveKilla420 got his third Gjallarhorn and you still don't have yours? Send him the Legnedary scout rifle you got and he'll give you his spare Gjallarhorn. STIPULATION: Only items that are dropped within the last 30 minutes can be traded. If the Legendary For The People you just got doesn't appeal to him, then tough nuts.

2.) Xur lives. You can buy whatever you want with your massive stack of Strange Coins each week, but you are at the mercy of the RNG God that fills his inventory.

Which would you prefer?

option one because no strange coins

M3Rocket

Nah the new version is messed up. The quantity box covers up like 90% of the gear box so you can barely see your gear/inventory. New layout is nice, just can't see shit now.

Yep. Made a bug report about this right after I got my hands on the new version: https://github.com/dasilva333/TowerGhostForDestiny/issues/187

I think they need a better beta-testing method than to just release it and work on the bug reports. This is especially since the mobile versions update automatically and it is not clear how you can revert to an older one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ibyDVzigbDOK1J.png

SnakeEyes

Banned
You can have a choice:

1.) Xur is murdered. Nobody sells exotics on a weekly basis. To make up for this, you can trade newly dropped weapons or armor with anyone that was on your Fireteam when it dropped, within 30 minutes of finishing a raid, nightfall, Crucible match, or strike. MassiveKilla420 got his third Gjallarhorn and you still don't have yours? Send him the Legnedary scout rifle that dropped for you and he'll give you his spare Gjallarhorn. STIPULATION: Only items that are dropped within the last 30 minutes can be traded. If the Legendary For The People you just got doesn't appeal to him, then tough nuts. He wants the maxed out Pocket Infinity you got weeks ago, but it cannot be traded.

Which would you prefer?
Option 2. I really don't want a Trading system in Destiny.

What about Gorgon boy? Death Jr is a pain to type out. Plus it makes it sound like you are a satan worshiper or something.

How about DJ? All my friends call me DJ anyway :)

Also, satan worships me

"DJ" works pretty well imo.

Like I said...

First team was nearly all Titans. I ran sword.

Second team was nearly all Hunters. I ran sword.

Last team was nearly all Warlocks. You get the idea.

Somewhere, Ji66a-man is reading this in horror. That class balance :p

The PVP portion of this bounty was easily the hardest thing I've done in Destiny and one of the harder gaming grinds I've had. The last time I played PVP in first-person was Goldeneye on N64, and I'm used to being pretty decent at dueling in Dark Souls.

Thanks goes to:
• Sars & Mickey for getting me through Xyor! Couldn't have done it without you guys.
&
• Robinson, Gaz, Grimlock, & all my PVP mentors. I am not worthy.
&
• Truth. Wow. When Word of Crota let me down, you picked me up, even if you did get me punched in the back by my own teammates when I started camping heavy with over a minute until drop.

Little late with the reply, but congrats Wheel, you did great hanging in there! I've seen so many people giving up on the Thorn bounty just because of that PvP part, but you didn't.
Too bad I couldn't be there for the Xyor part but I see you've found a competent team to finish it. One tip: don't learn from Gaz, he blinks off edges either in PvP or VoG ;)
As for the middle column of perks, I like to use Send It to snipe people but I'm sure a lot of GAFers already said that.
Now go out there and annoy some people with that Thorn
please don't be on the enemy team

Frenden

Banned
Is the Vex a top tier PvP weapon?

I've been a hand cannon guy since day one (Suros only for auto rifle headshots in Iron Banana back when that was a thing).

Ramirez

I've been a hand cannon guy since day one (Suros only for auto rifle headshots in Iron Banana back when that was a thing).

It's good, but the top HCs outclass it in range.

I wish every gun class was as hard to use in PVP as scouts are. This games PVP has never really been amazing, but the balance right now is pretty shit.

amar212

We have discussed the most efficient loadout for TOO.

I predict Thorns everywhere.

I will be using Red Death and Suros, but may change to HM.

It will be drastically different experience then any other pvp mode.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We have discussed the most efficient loadout for TOO.

I predict Thorns everywhere.

I will be using Red Death and Suros, but may change to HM.

It will be drastically different experience then any other pvp mode.

really don't think so. just gonna bring out the worst aspects of pvp and encourage rage that should've came out a long time ago because of how much loot is locked behind ToO

Vex can be quite good if you can land the headshots, but I wouldn't consider it top tier. If you're a hand cannon guy, you're better off using any of the three exotic hand cannons imo.

I was thinking armamentarium, because it's class neutral allowing me to use striker for pvp and defender for pve. Or is the Helm of Saint-14 that good?

Helm of Saint-14 is god tier in PvE and a piece of armor that is absolutely essential in every Defender Titan's wardrobe.
Armamentarium can be really useful as a Striker Titan, so that you can have two flash bangs (for PvE content such as CE bridge) or two Lightning Grenades in PvP.

GutZ31

Vex is pretty high on the list of mid range weapons to use in PvP.
Hand cannons and pulse rifles are still king for the most part though.

The Last Word has the quickest time to kill time out of any primary you could get in the game, Thorn is not very far behind, and Hawkmoon can be just as fast, granted you get luck in the chamber.

Bad Juju and Red Death are 2 pulse rifles worth using in PvP, as they kill quickly as well, but need a bit more handling practice to keep the muzzle in the right place.

Headshots matter with any of the class weapons, so hand cannons "can" have an advantage getting quick headshots off in a short enough time to infuriate the guy on the receiving end.

Auto Rifles suck for the most part for now, but not a total loss. They are still fairly viable in closer mid range firefights, but at the range they are most effective, Fielwinters Lie is a 1 shot kill, lol.

With the right perk set, the Vex can be a great mid-long range gun, or mid range bullet hose.
It lacks some stability no matter how you set it up, but is still very usable in crucible nonetheless.

amar212

really don't think so. just gonna bring out the worst aspects of pvp and encourage rage that should've came out a long time ago because of how much loot is locked behind ToO

We shall see. I find the design where teams will be rematched with new team after each fight good. Also, the buildup and actual usage of Supers will be important tactical decision. As well as the Heavy.

Frenden

Banned
Vex can be quite good if you can land the headshots, but I wouldn't consider it top tier. If you're a hand cannon guy, you're better off using any of the three exotic hand cannons imo.

Good to know. I just started leveling my Vex and am usually a Thorn or Last Word PvPer with the occasional Hawkmoon.

SnakeEyes

Banned
As a Hunter, I think this pretty much sums up what it will be like.

sfpgbiQ.png
I know I shouldn't laugh at people in wheelchairs... but it's Drake. LOL

Titans are like parents, the Bubble is like the family home, and Hunters are like kids who go out into the world before getting scared and running back home again :D

"There there, little Hunter child - it'll be alright"

Little late with the reply, but congrats Wheel, you did great hanging in there! I've seen so many people giving up on the Thorn bounty just because of that PvP part, but you didn't.
Too bad I couldn't be there for the Xyor part but I see you've found a competent team to finish it. One tip: don't learn from Gaz, he blinks off edges either in PvP or VoG ;)
As for the middle column of perks, I like to use Send It to snipe people but I'm sure a lot of GAFers already said that.
Now go out there and annoy some people with that Thorn
please don't be on the enemy team

Thanks, man. Actually, I asked about the second column, and almost everyone said use Perfect Balance. Someone said only use Send It for shotguns or something. But I'm going to try it for sniping, as you said.

And also, until I unlock Mark of the Devourer, you want me on the other side xD.

GutZ31

I know I shouldn't laugh at people in wheelchairs... but it's Drake. LOL

Titans are like parents, the Bubble is like the family home, and Hunters are like kids who go out into the world before getting scared and running back home again :D

"There there, little Hunter child - it'll be alright"

I know for a fact that I will be forced to go invisible at some point to revive both you guys.

A_Gorilla

Banned
ZW33, honest injun, I did NOT mean to ram my sparrow into you and kill you during the story mission.

Still funny as all fuck though...

Which class is better overall for pvp and pve? (aka if I could only choose one which would be better)
Hunter is without a doubt the best for PVP, not even opinion, I think statistically all the best players are mostly hunters with a few warlocks.

It's useable, but no way in hell is it top tier anymore, especially if you already main TLW. You'll just be downgrading.

Only thing I can think of that would legit become a problem is full teams abusing final round on the spear. I wanna believe people will be better than that, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what will finally bring Bungie to nerf that shit. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it gets something in the patch tomorrow before it comes to that because it's so glaringly ripe for abuse from anyone who's played a good deal of skirmish.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hunter is without a doubt the best for PVP, not even opinion, I think statistically all the best players are mostly hunters with a few warlocks.

It's useable, but no way in hell is it top tier anymore, especially if you already main TLW. You'll just be downgrading.

Only thing I can think of that would legit become a problem is full teams abusing final round on the spear. I wanna believe people will be better than that, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what will finally bring Bungie to nerf that shit. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it gets something in the patch tomorrow before it comes to that because it's so glaringly ripe for abuse from anyone who's played a good deal of skirmish.
there is so much cheesable shit that's about to be brought to the forefront with this pvp push...

also, that new exotic that ups accuracy in the air? shit is about to get REAL out of hand

Apt101

I have to remember to logon whenever Xûr is around. I remembered I have 13 coins.

Edit: also I don't see the need for a trading system in Destiny. It is a grind, no doubt, but it doesn't feel a game well-suited to trading. Maybe just resources if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom