• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

The GAF Train is Full Steam ahead!

Watch us
use the Monte Carlo
right here! http://www.twitch.tv/unstablelive

Edit: Top of the Page

CFB9QdHUMAAAU21.jpg:large

#FeelsBadMan

Waldini

Guys ... I have to know;

The last data-mine ... did that contain information about the new Exotics recently shown by Bungie in the HoW reveal?

... cause I want to keep my hopes up at another beastly Exotic Launcher :p

Guys ... I have to know;

The last data-mine ... did that contain information about the new Exotics recently shown by Bungie in the HoW reveal?

... cause I want to keep my hopes up at another beastly Exotic Launcher :p

Nope, last datamining only had the Lord of Wolves and 347 vesta. All the stuff we have seen since the first reveal is currently not accessible in our build. Hopefully tomorrows patch has all the goodies to be data mined!

MrMuscle

I was looking over my inventory and i saw that i had a couple of "old" Exotics with 300 max damage. How will that work when HoW comes out? Do i first have to upgrade them via Xur and then ascend them?

mfn_pie

Thank you Cthulhu and Svart for the 3x Nightfalls. Got some energies, The Culling, and the Lucky Raspberry. I don't think I'll buy anything from Xur this week unless if he offers something truly epic, but still need to grind out the weeklies 2x (which shouldn't be too bad using weapons that work).

I'd like to raid tomorrow night, I'm hurting for mats.

DGAF fucking rocks. If anyone needs help and sees me on, don't be afraid to ask for help.

Is the Vex a top tier PvP weapon?

I've been a hand cannon guy since day one (Suros only for auto rifle headshots in Iron Banana back when that was a thing).

I usually am a Thorn user for PvP and with that I wreck the other team, however...

I recently got my first Vex and have been using it non stop to get it levelled up. With the right set up it can be deadly. I've went on more 10/15 kill sprees with the Vex than I ever did with the Thorn.

Now obviously the HC plays its strengths to the Vexs weaknesses. (Range, TtK) however if you're usually landing head shots with the HC's you shouldn't have trouble with the Vex as long as you can manage the recoil.

Generally speaking, aim mid mass and the recoil will bring you up to the head area.

At the moment I'm torn between my Vex or my Thorn :/

Two seats available on the GAF PvP Train right now! Anyone interested?

I can pop on for a couple of games if you'd like! Won't have my mic on though :/

ocean

Banned
I was looking over my inventory and i saw that i had a couple of "old" Exotics with 300 max damage. How will that work when HoW comes out? Do i first have to upgrade them via Xur and then ascend them?
Don't let xur touch them!

Leave them at 300. Next week they'll have a new bubble that'll let you ascend hen straight to 365 with an Exotic Shard.

They're adding connection recovery? Dear god, I hope they get it out of beta soon. It's gonna be a lifesaver for me.

I'm sure it's not gonna work at all.

Unstable

I usually am a Thorn user for PvP and with that I wreck the other team, however...

I recently got my first Vex and have been using it non stop to get it levelled up. With the right set up it can be deadly. I've went on more 10/15 kill sprees with the Vex than I ever did with the Thorn.

Now obviously the HC plays its strengths to the Vexs weaknesses. (Range, TtK) however if you're usually landing head shots with the HC's you shouldn't have trouble with the Vex as long as you can manage the recoil.

Generally speaking, aim mid mass and the recoil will bring you up to the head area.

At the moment I'm torn between my Vex or my Thorn :/

I can pop on for a couple of games if you'd like! Won't have my mic on though :/
For sure! Add me -PSN is UnstabieH2o (The L in Unstable is a i)

RSB

Banned
Don't let xur touch them!

Leave them at 300. Next week they'll have a new bubble that'll let you ascend hen straight to 365 with an Exotic Shard.
Really? That's cool. I stopped playing 6 months ago, so all my exotic and legendary weapons are at 300. But I'm planning to come back for HoW, and it's nice to know I'll be able to ascend my Hawkmoon and co.

He's at the Speaker's balcony, apparently. Loaded into an old instance of the Tower, gonna check to confirm now.

Selling Insurmountable Skullfort, Knucklehead Radar, Apotheosis Veil and Truth.

ocean

Banned
How's Truth as a Rocket Launcher?
Excellent. Its tracking perk is unique: once it locks on, it will turn sharp corners after targets. It also has great velocity and blast radius, along with a 3 rocket mag. It's overall the best PvP rocket launcher in the game, you can get kills across the map with it.

Edit: for the sake of accuracy, I will note that Gjallarhorn is also a contender. It doesn't track as aggressively, but Wolfpack Rounds guarantee you'll get a kill even if your target lucks our and dodges part of the blast. Truth is ultimately better imo though

123rl

Truth?! Holy shit! I've been waiting for it forever. I don't even want a Horn now...

That's not true at all. I totally still want one.

Didn't expect him to carry two of the items I didn't have yet. Knucklehead Radar and Insurmountable Skullfort. Too bad my gauntlet Engram turned into fucking Sunbreakers again, those Clawks of Ahamkara and Young Ahamkara's Spine still elude me.

ExVicis

Best pvp rocket launcher.

Excellent. Its tracking perk is unique: once it locks on, it will turn sharp corners after targets. It also has great velocity and blast radius, along with a 3 rocket mag. It's overall the best PvP rocket launcher in the game, you can get kills across the map with it.

Edit: for the sake of accuracy, I will note that Gjallarhorn is also a contender. It doesn't track as aggressively, but Wolfpack Rounds guarantee you'll get a kill even if your target lucks our and dodges part of the blast. Truth is ultimately better imo though

Wow that's saying a lot for this rocket launcher. Better than the Gjallarhorn even?

For sure! Add me -PSN is UnstabieH2o (The L in Unstable is a i)

ibe had to come off for a bit, I'll be sure to add you later though :D I've got a few people on my friends list that was in your group too!

Could you share the good vex (or other weapon ) settings for PvP. Thanks

For the Vex it's nothing fancy really.

- Aggressive Ballistics.
- Send It.

You could go with the extended mag which ups your magazine from 21 to 35 (If I remember correctly) however I feel that's a wasted perk.

21 bullets is more than enough to kill multiple targets (2-4, maybe even more) with the Crowd Control Perk added in. If you're not killing targets within 21 bullets then you're not using the gun effectively.

I can't really remember how the Linear Compensator Perk works in Comparison to the Aggresive Ballistics, the tool tip makes sense for it, but what it actually does is different I think.

As for the Thorn, you can really use it however you like. I've eventually settled on the same perks as the Vex however i do switch it up on my Thorn every now and again as its really flexible imo!

Edit: Hmmmm Xur. I didn't pick up Truth before. Maybe I will now. Don't care much for that Warlock Helmet though.

The real question though is upgrade my Thorn or complete the Thorn Bounty for the upgraded version....

A_Gorilla

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I just bought two Exotic engrams from Xur and they decoded into THE EXACT TWO EXOTICS THAT I NEEDED! Young Ahamkara's Spine and No Backup Plans! I literally have every exotic now except Lucky Raspberry.

Hot damn!

123rl

Didn't expect him to carry two of the items I didn't have yet. Knucklehead Radar and Insurmountable Skullfort. Too bad my gauntlet Engram turned into fucking Sunbreakers again, those Clawks of Ahamkara and Young Ahamkara's Spine still elude me.

Mine decoded into Young Ahamkara's Spine and I don't even have a Hunter levelled up to use them :(

Truth and Insurmountable Skullfort for me this week. What a great weekend.

Mine decoded into Young Ahamkara's Spine and I don't even have a Hunter levelled up to use them :(

Truth and Insurmountable Skullfort for me this week. What a great weekend.

I just have shitty luck when it comes to Engrams. They always decode into Sunbreakers. :lol

I had Young Ahamkara's Spine when I quit playing in November, dismantled them shortly after I came back in March because I needed the Exotic Shards and my hunter wasn't leveled up yet. Of course now they're one of the last two I'm missing.

Apt101

Yes! My first exotic, and a huge upgrade over my old blue helmet (almost 200 defense alone...):

64%, 81%, 21% on my stats. I need to get that strength up somehow but I'll figure it out later. Going to be chucking grenades like a mother until then. Also went from a sliver past level 27 to a tiny bit from 28.

Legendary ship and my first exotic in the early hours before I have to go back to work. Loving it.

123rl

I just have shitty luck when it comes to Engrams. They always decode into Sunbreakers. :lol

I had Young Ahamkara's Spine when I quit playing in November, dismantled them shortly after I came back in March because I needed the Exotic Shards and my hunter wasn't leveled up yet. Of course now they're one of the last two I'm missing.

I've had crap luck too and it always seems like I get duplicates with better stats. Unfortunately that's always a few weeks after I've fully levelled up my older item, and wasted my materials and money

ocean

Banned
Wow that's saying a lot for this rocket launcher. Better than the Gjallarhorn even?
Strictly for PvP, it's debatable but I'd say yes. PvE of course not :p

Truth is a PvP RL. It's not really better than other legendary void rockets in PvE but since there's no Exotic Void primary or secondary, you can still equip it for void burns.

PvP Horn vs Truth: they both track, they both have proximity explosion. Truth has 3 rockets so you won't be caught off guard reloading. It has larger blast radius. It has unique ridiculous tracking. Gjallarhorn has higher base velocity and Wolfpacks which can make up for its lower blast radius.

Having more rockets and that crazy Truth tracking makes it the better Crucible choice imo

I have not played destiny since the Crota thing came out, is it worth upgrading your exotics with Xur or will HoW make things irrelevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom