• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the Middle of the Reef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, nothing for me this week except shards for HoW launch. I'm not an exotic collector, just the ones I want.

The Bungie forum has a warning about a patch being pushed live tomorrow. Is this warning new, or has it been there since they delayed 1.2.0 on tuesday?

Oh well, nothing for me this week except shards for HoW launch. I'm not an exotic collector, just the ones I want.

The Bungie forum has a warning about a patch being pushed live tomorrow. Is this warning new, or has it been there since they delayed 1.2.0 on tuesday?

It was in weekly update today that the patch that was due Tuesday is coming tomorrow morning.

123rl

First strike of the day for me and I get a Legendary Engram that decodes into The Calling. It's not the best weapon but it's one I don't own so I'll add it to the collection

There we go, all ready for HoW. I don't think I have enough time to get DO (it's like 6k to get to three) there, but I'll start anyways.

ZCZHQ2P.png

Apt101

I no longer need a new helmet, which means I can upgrade my boots or gloves and hit 28 (via Vanguard mark gear). But should I, or wait until the expansion? Will there be better gear to purchase then?

ocean

Banned
I no longer need a new helmet, which means I can upgrade my boots or gloves and hit 28 (via Vanguard mark gear). But should I, or wait until the expansion? Will there be better gear to purchase then?
Wait until Tuesday. Legendary gear will have 36 Light (enough for level 32) straight off purchase. Once ascended it'll be good enough for level 34.

Don't buy a thing until HoW.

There we go, all ready for HoW. I don't think I have enough time to get DO (it's like 6k to get to three) there, but I'll start anyways.

ZCZHQ2P.png

Nice. I got my Hunter and Titan to 200 Vanguard marks, gonna get my Warlock to her full 100 this week and then see if I can't spend any marks on upgrading materials.

Drizzay's playing Crucible instead of posting his Thunderlord post! Lynch him!

lol I deserve it at this point. The only thing I'm worried about is having the post with too many MB of media, I know some people don't like that. Not sure if it's mobile users that don't want to use their data plans or some other reason? Is there a way to make the post look all nice and neat but only link it in the thread so you could only look at it if you wanted/were on computer or something?

Apt101

Wait until Tuesday. Legendary gear will have 36 Light (enough for level 32) straight off purchase. Once ascended it'll be good enough for level 34.

Don't buy a thing until HoW.

Word, going to build enough marks to upgrade two pieces then, thanks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
lol I deserve it at this point. The only thing I'm worried about is having the post with too many MB of media, I know some people don't like that. Not sure if it's mobile users that don't want to use their data plans or some other reason? Is there a way to make the post look all nice and neat but only link it in the thread so you could only look at it if you wanted/were on computer or something?
Fuck that, just post the damn thing! :p

KingJ2002

Finally got the truth rocket launcher! Aside from raid exotics... i have all of the exotics in the game.

looking forward to House of Wolves!

Shito

Truth is a PvP RL. It's not really better than other legendary void rockets in PvE but since there's no Exotic Void primary or secondary, you can still equip it for void burns.
Well, its insane tracking also make him better than legendaries in PVE: have you ever seen a Minotaur teleporting through a rocket, only to get caught by it in the back after it made a u-turn tracking him down? It's a thing of beauty, really. ^^
In my opinion, right now, truth is the best exotic option during a void burn.

Deku Tree

I remember back when I didn't have every exotic and I used to be excited about what Xur would bring....

... BTW someone told me that if you buy exotic engrams from Xur today then they have the ability to decode into HoW exotics if you wait until after HoW drops to decode them... Is that true?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I remember back when I didn't have every exotic and I used to be excited about what Xur would bring....

... BTW someone told me that if you buy exotic engrams from Xur today then they have the ability to decode into HoW exotics if you wait until after HoW drops to decode them... Is that true?
I'm pretty sure that if you have the Engram on you, it's too late. People are getting around this by leaving their packages (Cryptarch/Vanguard/Crucible/Faction) with the Postmaster until the DLC drops, and then claiming them for the new Engrams.

Maybe if you fill your Gauntlet slots up fully on a character, and have the purchased Engrams go straight to the Postmaster instead of into your inventory?

Lnkn52

Test it for science. Xur is guaranteed to have exotic engrams every week, so there isn't any risk.

Apt101

Glad I am leveling up this Found Verdict. I wasn't too enamored with it at first, but after some upgrades it's an incredible damage dealer at close range. Minotaur charging me while I have to reload? No big deal, melee for the damage shield then gun the fucker down with my shotgun. It's also absurd against special targets for those random patrol missions. Two straight three gold star tier (or whatever) performances in seconds. Bang, bang, bang, done.

Seriously, sunsinger, we sing the law.

Well, there it is. Kind of anti-climactic, but Xur brings me the last Exotic I need. Truth is mine and the Pokedex is complete. Just in time for House of Wolves.

raindoc

False. Bungie confirmed that only engrams that drop after HoW goes online will decode to HoW items.

Glad I am leveling up this Found Verdict. I wasn't too enamored with it at first, but after some upgrades it's an incredible damage dealer at close range. Minotaur charging me while I have to reload? No big deal, melee for the damage shield then gun the fucker down with my shotgun. It's also absurd against special targets for those random patrol missions. Two straight three gold star tier (or whatever) performances in seconds. Bang, bang, bang, done.

Seriously, sunsinger, we sing the law.

Found Verdict and Praedith's Revenge are 2 awesome 300 attack specials that I still prefer using to 331 counterparts. Once we can get them up to 365 they'll be incredible.VoG weaponry is still some of the best even with an attack rating disadvantage.

Shito

Nope, it's wrong, they will decode into pre-HoW gear.
And...

I'm pretty sure that if you have the Engram on you, it's too late. People are getting around this by leaving their packages (Cryptarch/Vanguard/Crucible/Faction) with the Postmaster until the DLC drops, and then claiming them for the new Engrams.
... this is wrong as well. Those packages will contain pre-HoW stuff as well.
We know this because TDB already worked like that. The only way to get a headstart is to make your factions just about to be levelled up, and level them up after HoW hits.

Apt101

Found Verdict and Praedith's Revenge are 2 awesome 300 attack specials that I still prefer using to 331 counterparts. Once we can get them up to 365 they'll be incredible.VoG weaponry is still some of the best even with an attack rating disadvantage.

yea man, with the first stability and damage upgrades it rips people to shreds. My first 10 kill streak in the Crucible was thanks to this mighty shotgun.

Rainmaker

Banned

Maybe if you fill your Gauntlet slots up fully on a character, and have the purchased Engrams go straight to the Postmaster instead of into your inventory?

I could be wrong but I think Cryptarch packages are the only ones that work like this. If not then it doesn't work for anything.

ocean

Banned
Every 10 commendations you discard it'll be a new level up since they'll turn into 250 each and a level is 2500. That'll get me a few levels automatically on Tuesday :)

How is that even possible? The worst beating I've seen was 20000-5500, and I never thought I'd see a more one-sided match. I was wrong, lol

They were on zero points for a good couple of minutes. I think we had Strength of the Wolf twice before they scored a point :)

phen0m24

After completing it and posting about it a couple of days ago, I have managed to get the achievement to actually unlock on Xbone (they glitch so you have to log in and out after a few days).

https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/Achievements/XboxOne/247546985

Long time reader/lurker in these OT's

Congrats to everyone that has completed their pokedex today!

Hey irrotational - just send the screenshot of the achievement to Boguester and he can add you to the list :)

Skele7on

Banned
Holy hell Crucible is going to be a bloody mess this weekend now.

I bought truth though. Also pretty excited for next week managed to book monday off for a last minute grind for house of wolves.

ocean

Banned
They were on zero points for a good couple of minutes. I think we had Strength of the Wolf twice before they scored a point :)
I was on the losing end of a 20k-2k match once during the very first IB. All randoms on my team vs Datto and company. It was a slaughter.
After completing it and posting about it a couple of days ago, I have managed to get the achievement to actually unlock on Xbone (they glitch so you have to log in and out after a few days).

https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/Achievements/XboxOne/247546985

Long time reader/lurker in these OT's

Congrats to everyone that has completed their pokedex today!
Congratulations to you good sir and welcome!

Hey irrotational - just send the screenshot of the achievement to Boguester and he can add you to the list :)

Thanks - not sure if I am allowed on the official list?

Don't get platinums on the Xbox so don't have a snazzy screenshot :-(

I'll send on some profile links and see if that works.

Thanks - not sure if I am allowed on the official list?

Don't get platinums on the Xbox so don't have a snazzy screenshot :-(

I'll send on some profile links and see if that works.

Ofcourse you're allowed on the list, it even says unlock all achievements and not trophies ;) Maybe you can get a screenshot that you have 1000G on Destiny or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom