• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

:|
....I forgot I'll be signing up for Unstable's ToO School.

Alright, new schedule!

Friday:

PoE 32 @ 6 PM EST & 8 PM EST

Saturday:

PoE 35 @ 6 & 9 PM EST (I may need a break)

Sunday:

PoE 34 @ 3 & 5 PM EST (no later than that. It's Game of Thrones night!)

So two slots for each? Or are you taking another veteran for help?

PuMa

Hawkian doesn't yet know of this. But I'm still planning to do this. It's looking like I'll be having just 3 runs per day. So a single run of each difficulty each Friday and Saturday, starting at 4 PM EST.

PoE 32 @ 4PM EST each Fri & Sat
34 @ 6 PM EST Fri & Sat
35 @ 8 PM EST Fri & Sat

Sign me up! I made that sign up doc for hawkians raid group so just let me know if you need help.

I reported these fools on Xbox One for cheating in Trials of Osiris:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Mr Greencastle/video/2552697#t=154

They lagged us for the first round only, and were somehow able to boot us from our party chat and game chat didn't work either. Then nothing for the rest of the game. No perceivable lag at all. They moved around alright but we couldn't damage them for the first round only. We lost 5-4 because we weren't able to communicate. Unable to damage them, unable to revive, unable to pick up special ammo, etc.

I hope their ban is severe. Hate this garbage. Recorded and reported.

ich00

Happy Memorial Day Dgaf!

Anyone around later tonight to run some 34 and or 35 PoE, or work on 8 win in ToO? I was only able to get 1 34 run in before trying ToO (only got to 8 wins once) and then going away for weekend. Lots to catch up on before reset, it might be a late night.

Namikaze1

For those in need of any of the raid trophies, PoE for some reason is treated as a raid so completing that CAN unlock at least the raid clan trophy. Don't know about Flawless or Hard Mode trophies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Got 9-0 on my third character with my buddy Unknown and Zocano!

Unknown got the titan ToO helmet.

CF3Odg8VIAAn10x.jpg:large

GhaleonEB

Very inconsistent, I've seen it rain purple, enough that it's hard to use it all, and then a dry spell where nothing seems to drop forever

Odd bug or working as intended?

Yeah, this is what happened in the strike I just ran. On the first encounter with the boss on the Shadow Thief, below the ship, I got five purple ammo drops. And then none for the entire rest of the strike.

I've gotten less overall heavy ammo since I put them on. Definitely putting Ruin Wings at the bottom of the barrel for Titan exotic gear.

ocean

Banned
:|
....I forgot I'll be signing up for Unstable's ToO School.

Alright, new schedule!

Friday:

PoE 32 @ 6 PM EST & 8 PM EST

Saturday:

PoE 35 @ 5 & 9 PM EST (I may need a break)

Sunday:

PoE 34 @ 3 & 5 PM EST (no later than that. It's Game of Thrones night!)

I have PoE 35 on Sat because I have much more free time on Saturdays.
Sign me up for your PoE 35 slot next weekend :) got 34s and 365 Horns, ready to get dat shader <3

shermas

To hell with everyone that says the Thorn bounty is easy. I'm doing it with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker, and Truth, and it's so fucking hard. And I'm good at PvP! I'm just terrible with hand cannons and can never get a kill with WoC. My K/D drops dramatically. :-(

I've had this in my inventory for months and I just started working on it again. I went from 65 to over 300 last night, just playing a little more cautiously. With that set up, you have to avoid wide open spaces (you'll get sniped/scouted/fusioned) unless you have heavy ammo. Stick to hallways, corridors, etc and with the WoC, really focus on headshots.

If you can survive the rush for the heavy ammo, Truth is godlike. Quick target, tracking, boom.

border

Has anyone done any serious tests upon how much your INT/DEX/STR stats affect the timing of your cool downs?

Not sure how reliable all the Reddit posters are, but apparently the best you can get is a ~30 second cooldown on grenades/melee, and a 4 minute cooldown on your super. That almost makes Intellect seem like kind of a waste. I thought that maxing Intellect meant it cut your cooldown time in half.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36mkuf/sga_choosing_armor_to_upgrade_to_lvl_34/

With all the new gear and old gear to choose from&#8230; before you upgrade your armor:
A. Think about your Super(Intellect), Grenade(Discipline), and Melee(Strength) cooldown boosts.

Every 3 points of INT = 1 second faster SUPER cooldown.
Every 8 points of DIS = 1 second faster GRENADE cooldown.
Every 7 points of STR = 1 second faster MELEE cooldown.
271 is the max stat you can hit for each.

No Stats - 0
INT: 5:30
DIS: 1:00
STR: 1:09

Maxed Stats - 271
INT: 3:55
DIS: 0:27
STR: 0:31

*Note: You cannot max all three. You can get about 70% across all of them or max 2 and leave the 3rd.

Ramirez

I tried that, but I just wasn't getting enough kills that way. I switched to Control (was playing Skirmish before cause it's my fave PvP) and that's going better, but still slow.

I've played with mostly good folks so far, but haven't had much luck. I played five matches today and didn't get a single win. Got some armor drops to get me to 33 at least!

I'll be playing my kid's Bone version next weekend, if you're still playing then.

9-0 on all characters! Thanks for the run Kartik and Zocano. That was awesome!

Got the solar auto. Just missing the HC.

Also got this from gold package:

11357151_1106139316066806_8966099298935051433_o.jpg

Best looking Trials helmet.

Deku Tree

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/36mkuf/sga_choosing_armor_to_upgrade_to_lvl_34/

With all the new gear and old gear to choose from… before you upgrade your armor:
A. Think about your Super(Intellect), Grenade(Discipline), and Melee(Strength) cooldown boosts.

Every 3 points of INT = 1 second faster SUPER cooldown.
Every 8 points of DIS = 1 second faster GRENADE cooldown.
Every 7 points of STR = 1 second faster MELEE cooldown.
271 is the max stat you can hit for each.

No Stats - 0
INT: 5:30
DIS: 1:00
STR: 1:09

Maxed Stats - 271
INT: 3:55
DIS: 0:27
STR: 0:31

*Note: You cannot max all three. You can get about 70% across all of them or max 2 and leave the 3rd.

Thanks! Do you know if the 271 number is static independent of your light level? Seems like you get better stats with a higher light level... And your gears stats go up when you ascend.

Aka you get a lot more out of making STR and DEX than INT in terms of percentage increase in cool down speed.

Did they test how much kills reduce the cool down of your super?

Shito

For those in need of any of the raid trophies, PoE for some reason is treated as a raid so completing that CAN unlock at least the raid clan trophy. Don't know about Flawless or Hard Mode trophies.
Interesting, I don't have the raid clan trophy guide, I'll have to try to invite our friend who started playing a few weeks back to my clan, see if it works. Thanks for the heads up. :)
And congrats for the "PoE train", that's a nice idea!

Guys I just noticed a cool bug in this game, but for all I know half of Gaf already knows about it:

When you're hunting the chests and the timer runs past zero, open up any nearby chests and they will give you the same drops as an ether chest would, even though the time has expired. I've had this a few times, but I'm not sure how long the duration lasts.

Not yet, but I don't see why you couldn't. The drops were pretty much one or two blue engrams, 10 spinmetal, and secondary ammo synth, which is identical to the ether chests.

You got lucky, that won't happen again.

Zocano

It's.doooooooooone. Fucking finally. It is even better when it doesn't feel like I'm being carried. Kartik and Unknown are great teammates. Had some really close games but we did it.

Best looking helmet.

Fixed that for you

Also, of course I get the one trials primary I didn't care about or want.
Stupid handcannon.

Just had an epic come from behind victory where it went to the last round. We were tied 4-4. I ended up with 21 kills in the match.

I love Trials, but goddamn is it stressful.
Great games! Thanks for helping unlock the chest for my Warlock. Thx to Ruthles too!

Still have a 5-0 card if you want more stress later :p

Future

Haha I understand. They essentially locked goodies in a mode that some people will never be able to do. I played a few times and got matched with pure 34s with thorns and everything maxed every damn time. Literally ever time. We're were all 32s

Sure, level differences don't matter all that much. But just the fact they were able to reach 34 soooo quickly (this was mid last week) just indicated they were a level of hardcore that We'd never be able to compete with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom