• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Sign me up! I made that sign up doc for hawkians raid group so just let me know if you need help.

Nami I'd like in for poe stuff ^_^
which PoE you two are planning to do? As of right now, everything except one PoE 35 run are open.

Sign me up for your PoE 35 slot next weekend :) got 34s and 365 Horns, ready to get dat shader <3
Which run? The first run at 5 PM EST or the second run 4 hours after the first?

I need you guys' answers before I post up the form.

lol almost ready for trials

tumblr_lt8qk1MOfS1qzv7c2.gif

I'm sorry.

Maybe someday I'll get to ride the FigO'Phen0m train in ToO.

BurningNad

Hey guys, I'm about to log on and will be on for a long while today, looking for anyone to do ToO, PoE32 (or 28 if you really need a 3rd), VoG or Crota raid (though I never did that one). Level 31 Hunter, I have a 365 Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker. I have a mic!

On PS4, PSN is BurningNad, just shoot me an invite if you need a body!

damn thank you so much for this!

would you be into getting matched up with a small number of gaffers at a certain time each weekend? trying to spread the lighthouse goodness around as much as possible

As Tears said we will usually play in the weekend, so we'll try and help as many as we can. Don't know if we can do this every time on a particular time, but we'll post when we do. We don't guarantee any Lighthouse trips, but we can at least help to get the armor piece and offer some fun.

ocean

Banned
How is it less grindy then before?
1. Weapons and armor have fewer upgrade nodes and each node requires fewer materials than they used to
2. Ascendant Energies and Shards are no longer required, so your gear can be upgraded using common materials
3. Planetary materials, of which you now need very few, can be bought with marks instead of farmed on Patrol
4. A full set of vendor armor will make you level 32 before you do any upgrades - enough to participate in all the endgame (Nightfall, Raids, PoE etc)
5. PoE and ToO both have top-tier armor being sold each week. You don't run PoE 50 times hoping for boots the way we did with VoG - you know beforehand what your token (Armor Core) is going to buy you
6. You don't need to re-level your old stuff. Have a maxed Legendary or Exotic? Pop an Etheric Light or Exotic Shard and it jumps straight to the new attack/defense caps with no further leveling required.
7. Wanna level some weapons up quick? You don't have to pick a bounty you don't like. There's Vanguard, Crucible, Eris and Queen's bounties so you'll always have plenty to chose from.
8. Have one class of material you wanna change for another? You're no longer fucked. The Speaker will trade your Shards for Energies or Glimmer or whatever it is you need.
9. Need Crucible marks? They now drop twice as much as before (4 for a loss, 6 for a win) so buying faction armor or weapons is less of a grind than it was.
10. Endgame armor and weapons (bought from PoE or ToO vendors) come maxed - 42 Light / 365 attack with no leveling required.
11. Daily Heroic missions now award planetary materials (x16) and beefy XP to your equipped armor and weapons. Run these every day and you should never need to buy planetary materials.
12. Legendary Engrams can't decrypt into Ascendants Materials anymore, greatly improving the odds it'll give you gear
13. On a related note, taking Ascendants out of the Nightfall reward pool has enormously boosted the probability of getting a good drop
14. Being able to re forge your weapons means less grinding for other stuff. If you got a shotgun you don't like, it doesn't mean back to the treadmill for a good one - just re roll until you get the perks you want, for cheap.
15. Iron Banner will introduce some mechanism (yet to be detailed but let's count it here) for reputation boosting among characters. It used to be nigh impossible to reach max Rep for weapon/armor purchases on multiple characters unless you played A LOT. They have suggested it'll be easier to level up factions for players running IB with more than one character - a welcome change if you want the armor piece on more than one toon.

Probably forgetting some stuff. The game still lacks some basic functionality, like some LFG mechanism and private PvP matches, more PvP modes, more varied bosses or story set pieces but it's definitely moved very far in the right direction since launch.

Players who didn't like it before might still not like it now, but the game is objectively FAR FAR less of a grind than it was even some weeks ago.

Deku Tree

My ISP is doing work in my area until 6:15pm est and they say there could be more temporary short drops between now and then... Guess I'm not trying ToO again until later on... Can't handle the chance of disconnects... Thanks Tyler and PewPew and sorry my internet failed me!

ocean

Banned
which PoE you two are planning to do? As of right now, everything except one PoE 35 run are open.

Which run? The first run at 5 PM EST or the second run 4 hours after the first?

I need you guys' answers before I post up the form.
Scratch that, I'll be out of town next Saturday :( if you wanna do a PoE 35 on Friday though, sign me up for that at any time :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As Tears said we will usually play in the weekend, so we'll try and help as many as we can. Don't know if we can do this every time on a particular time, but we'll post when we do. We don't guarantee any Lighthouse trips, but we can at least help to get the armor piece and offer some fun.
Awesome. That's all anyone who wants to get involved should have in mind- just some help for your fellow gaffers and fun- putting together a streak with a GAF group just feels awesome.

phen0m24

Ouch haha, I like ToO a lot but I'm not going anywhere in it unless I have some PvPers with me. Would of loved to get that Titan chest armor, maybe one last try tonight.

Meh I'm just salty. I hate pvp. I try but there are always really amazing people ready to kill you. Grateful that many of them are friends now so the sting hurts less.
Not really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom