• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb

I'lll be sitting at NM Gorgons (CP courtesy of El_Fenomeno) for a bit if anyone wants it.

PSN berried_treasure

I asked this yesterday but got no responses. How long would it take me to start a new player plathrough of the campaign and reach level 28 so I Can play HoW? I only want the game and HoW expansion, no Crotas End.

Hrm. 15-20 hours maybe? For a first time player, the main campaign probably takes a bit under 10 hours somewhere, kinda depends. That will take you close to level 20.

But at that point, your level depends on gear and not exp, so it gets a bit more tricky. RNGesus will hopefully throw you a bone somewhere and that would help, but you'd generally then have to run Strikes and play Crucible to get marks to buy vendor gear. The stuff that's being sold at the moment puts you at lv32, actually.

Trakan

I really disagree, HoW is pretty generous with loot so far. For every activity I've done, I've gotten good loot in return; new legendaries from every PoE run, several from strikes and ether chests, the sidearm from the campaign. I'm drowning in great new legendaries that filled in niches in my load outs I was missing (solar shotguns and sniper rifles in particular), and several are being replaced with new ones that I could re-roll. I already have about as much new gear as I got from all of TDB. I'm super happy with how things have gone so far.

My only grumble is etheric light is way too rare. I still don't have any and am not actually sure how to get any.

Eh, I kind of see your point of view, but I see his too. The problem is that earlier weapons are still top tier now that they can be upgraded. There's no beating Fatebringer or Vision. Random elements on two new sets of primaries is a great idea though. I'm excited to get a void/solar handcannon as it's the weapon class I enjoy using the most. I haven't really found any LMGs or rocket launchers that can touch my old ones though.

Etheric Light is plentiful in Trials if you can make it to 8-9 wins. Even POE gives it out pretty often. The only other place to get it randomly is nightfalls.

Langy

If i do trials now and end up going 9-0, do i need a key for the prizes in Mercury or not?

Biggest thing stopping me going for the flawless right now is not knowing the answer...

How come when you get disconnected the mercy doesn't proc and you have to take a loss?

It most likely doesn't register as you just simply quitting the game so it doesn't activate the mercy. Oversight on Bungie.

If i do trials now and end up going 9-0, do i need a key for the prizes in Mercury or not?

Biggest thing stopping me going for the flawless right now is not knowing the answer...

You don't need a key.

Kal_El

Okay, add me and we'll see how it goes. Gonna have to change back to default though. Not quite used to Jumper just yet.

Sorry I didn't clarify. It's going to be exactly 1 hour from this moment. Suck at work. I'll send you a FR now though. Is it the same as your GAF name?

Definity

Looking to play ToO. Would be happy with 5 wins so I can buy the armor.
Send me an invite if anyone needs an extra.

PSN
DefinityXMG

stb

Realized yet again that I'm an idiot. Grabbed the HM Gorgons CP on the character I don't have Venus unlocked for.

Sigh.

Navy Bean

Any Xbox folks want to run ToO? Just looking for the 5 wins.

We need our own version of Unstable or Zoba to carry some of us through (meaning me).

GT is dmh33.

rNilla

Ugh, I blew it. Lost a close match at 4-4 to lose our third game. Thanks to X and Rubenov for some good games.

I GOT THE CHEST!

Langy

Excellent no key required, think i'll give it a shot then,

Who wants to attempt trails flawless with me then?

PSN is Langoit

2real4tv

Give me matchmaking!!! I end up playing with randoms anyway. Spending 15min to 30 min to find someone to play with is frustrating. I think I am done with this game.

ocean

Banned
Sorry you can't make it. I sadly only have PoE 32 listed for Fridays.
No worries. Still, props on doing this. I have great respect for the community Sherpas.

You with PoE, Hawkian with Raids, Zoba/Unstabie et al with ToO...8 months of intense posting and sine-trending moods have made this a fantastically helpful community.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ugh, I blew it. Lost a close match at 4-4 to lose our third game. Thanks to X and Rubenov for some good games.

I GOT THE CHEST!
Nice, grats! just got it on my Titan. He can hit 34 after doing the 32 PoE tonight. :D

Taking things slower than a lot of you I know, but I'm really digging this expansion. I do just wish PoE was an account unlock, and the treasure key acquisition is up for tweaking, but those are my only major complains I think. Though I REALLY need more vault space.

Shoutout to our TLW master, Zoba. Just showed your TLW post to my cousin. He's been utterly inspired by your epic come from behind win on blind watch.

rNilla

i missed out on the 9-0 one ;_;

This game and its inventory management...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom