• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

I meant the guns specifically actually. Getting 5 wins with the current system isn't too hard but I imagine the elemental primaries are quite good.

I just played with friends and we couldn't get more than 1 win on a single ticket. Though I guess that's what you get for playing with friends :) It's a weird thing to go 2-6 and still feel like you are carrying the team.

noomi

I'm probably just gonna focus on getting 5 wins in ToO from now on. Went once to Mercury and I enjoyed every minute of it (got a vid to remind myself of it too) but I don't want to deal with going 9-0 again. All I want is the armor.

Pretty much this, I would like to go once, but I can deal with the armor, that's what I really want. And a solar hand cannon of course....

I meant the guns specifically actually. Getting 5 wins with the current system isn't too hard but I imagine the elemental primaries are quite good.

Can't you get elemental primaries from PoE though as well? I thought Skolas has a chance to drop them.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I don't consider myself a PvP pro by any stretch of the imagination, but in ToO even my two teams were for the most part curb stomping every match we won (with one exception, it was never any closer than 5-2).

I'm just glad it doesn't look to be nigh impossible to win the cool armor like I thought it would. Already have the chest piece for two characters and about to make a go for my third shortly.

CLBridges

Oh man. Helped somebody get their last three wins for a trip to Mercury. Last team we beat messaged us while playing: "Please let us win D:!"

Proceed to 5-0 them with a Golden Gun wipe to seal the deal.

8D7EG3l.jpg

Lol! I wish there was a way you could've sent them that picture after winning, the salt would've been crazy lol.

Pretty much this, I would like to go once, but I can deal with the armor, that's what I really want. And a solar hand cannon of course....

Can't you get elemental primaries from PoE though as well? I thought Skolas has a chance to drop them.

Yes you can get them from PoE but they aren't the same weapons.

border

Anyone running Prison of Elders?

I have a 33 warlock that needs to do PoE34.

I have a 34 hunter that needs to do PoE35. No Gjallarhorn, so I would prefer to go with two horn owners so we can still burn down Skolas quick.

Daemul

It's the first day. Everyone is playing it because it's new content, so there are a ton of scrubs in there just to see what it's like. In a few weeks they will have either given up or eked out enough wins to get all the Osiris vendor gear, and the only people left playing will be pros.

Hopefully man. It's a huge problem when you have teams purposefully putting themselves at a huge disadvantage by equipping No Land Beyonds and still ending up winning 9-0.

Namikaze1

Not sure if this is true nor can't I remember where I read it from (possibly reddit) but isn't the elemental type for ToO weapons random?

As for PoE, only from Skolas and it's very rare.

Lima

Not sure if this is true nor can't I remember where I read it from (possibly reddit) but isn't the elemental type for ToO weapons random?

As for PoE, only from Skolas and it's very rare.

Yes. You can get any of the primaries with any of the three elements. Perks always stay the same though.

RedFury

Anyone doing ToO in a couple minutes? Need to do it for my warlock and titan, already got to 9 with hunter. I really just want to get them to 5 because they are my secondary characters.

Wallach

Seems to me most of the Queen weapons are worst than stuff you can already get. Black hammer is still the best overall sniper for instance in PVE.

I haven't seen one I really feel is worth keeping and my weapon selection isn't even that great. Nice that they're reforgeable but the base stats seem iffy. Maybe some of them are better for PvP, though (I've heard some folks like the sniper for that).

border

Hopefully man. It's a huge problem when you have teams putting themselves at a huge disadvantage by equipping No Land Beyonds and still going 9-0.

The people I played with were pretty much ready to give up after wasting a few Passages. It will be interesting to see how long the poorer players persevere (and I include myself in this group of "poorer players").

Anyone doing ToO in a couple minutes? Need to do it for my warlock and titan, already got to 9 with hunter. I really just want to get them to 5 because they are my secondary characters.

I'll join you. Haven't played pvp in some time but I was halfway decent. Give me 5 to get my gear together

Zocano

I can do a few rounds. At 3-0 so I'd like to hit 9.

Namikaze1

Forgot to mention this hours earlier but my friend and I found a way to get someone to join in on a PoE run if you're in the last round. You have to wipe and the person attempting to join in has to quickly press join in before the first door leading to the final boss room opens. Once it opens, the person in orbits gets the unable to join in message but we were able to get my friend in doing this.

border

BTW, how easy is it to get Etheric Light from ToO? What win #s do you have to get to before you earn one?

I'm not sure if the trials prize packages are guaranteed to give Etheric Light or not. But you need 6 wins to get Silver Tier and 8 wins to get gold tier.

border

Forgot to mention this hours earlier but my friend and I found a way to get someone to join in on a PoE run if you're in the last round. You have to wipe and the person attempting to join in has to quickly press join in before the first door leading to the final boss room opens. Once it opens, the person in orbits gets the unable to join in message but we were able to get my friend in doing this.

I thought you were always able to join so long as the team was in the Prison "waiting room" and not mid-battle.

patchday

ToO should have no heavy spawn and supers should be disabled. If Bungie make this change it would fix a lot of problems.

Yeah Bungie seems quite clueless about pvp these days

Halo Reach was so good. I guess the pvp talent went to 343i.

Reach had a SWAT mode which disabled crap like that

kyleokok

Neo Member
I know it's a long shot but, does anyone need to do the Daily? I need to grab me some Vanguard marks. PSN: KYLEOKOK

Namikaze1

I thought you were always able to join so long as the team was in the Prison "waiting room" and not mid-battle.
A gaffer and I waited for my friend in the waiting area. He tried joining in many times but couldn't. Said he kept getting some message saying unable to join in session in progress due to being in endgame. Something along those lines. He's done PoE before on the character so he wasn't locked out or anything.

patchday

got dammit these story missions so fucking long. Just want to try out POE but I gotta slog through all this BS first. why bungie, why?

Zocano

I don't understand why they do special ammo on spawn. Not just for trials but in general. Think it's silly to get to spawn with power weapons.

border

got dammit these story missions so fucking long. Just want to try out POE but I gotta slog through all this BS first. why bungie, why?

Really?

The common complaint about this expansion is probably that the story missions are trivial and don't offer enough content. Though I still think you shouldn't have to unlock Prison of Elders on more than 1 character.

If you really just wanna try PoE, group up with somebody who already has it unlocked. You'll have to run the level 28 version first, but after that you can do any of them so long as the Fireteam leader has it unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom