• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Thanks a bunch, so yeah team communication is a must. It's gonna be difficult for me to pull that off as I have 0 real life friends who play this game anymore so my only option is to go to that LFG site and see what sticks. It's not really a necessity for me to reach that chest in Mercury though. I only want the handcannon and sniper rifle but not that much haha.
Why not try here?
I used to play with my real life friends but stopped and now I play with DestinyGAF. (Part of the reason being they play at times I can't as my real life friends are childhood friends who are in a different country than I am in right now)

spyder_ur

Two other things about ToO:

I absolutely hate the heavy round. Totally ruins the flow and is kind of pointless. If they randomly spawned or something it might be interesting.

It bugs me that when you get further, you actually get more passage coins than you now what to do with. Whereas I burned maybe 9 to little avail. Just seems like it benefits those that are already having a ton of success in the mode. Maybe that's the point though.

Sorry Nooblet and Mr. S for the fail at trying to go 9-0. About to go into skrimish/elimination and practice some more: god damn Thorn and Vex.

Going to attempt to go 9-0 tomorrow on my hunter only. All I care about for my Titan and Warlock is getting the wins to get the armor.

Welp. I'm pretty much never going to see any ToO loot.

Thanks Bungie!

It just seems ridiculous. You may as well just die.

Would be nice if they had ranked matchmaking for this so it wouldn't be going up against ridiculous players.
You can't win everything.

And no, you're not good as dead always. You kill one and you sit on the body. If it's in a good position the other two have to come into a shitty place to get their team mate (technically they don't have to, you have to get your team revived, but people get antsy). When they come it's 2 on 1 and that's very doable for a tie at the very least.

I won a 3 v 1 just by killing a guy near the exit outside and his team mates couldn't see me without being in prime TLW range. Done.

What are people finding to be the best builds for ToO? I'm thinking Bubble Titan with Saint-14, or Warlock with Starfire Protocol?
My first 9-0 was on my Titan. I just ran Striker with double lightening grenades from Arma. Honestly, we had a defender on our team with Saint 14 and he didn't have a single clutch or cool moment with his bubble. Tbh he was kinda useless. You only get maybe one super and most save it as a panic button. No one will be dumb enough to enter.

Lima

Oh and I forgot but the heavy round seems to be the most pointless thing in ToO. I think I fired my rocket launcher once so far. The best thing to do right now is to just rush the other team cause most of them just bunch up around their heavy. It is so pointless.

Also we had times where both teams tried to rush heavy and we just ended up picking up each other's heavy. Then once heavy is in the game it slows to a crawl. Completely ruins the flow of the match for this one round and it certainly doesn't help the losing team to make a comeback because you don't carry it over to the next round (thank god).

Uh. Yeah just take that heavy round out completely. It's pretty dumb.

noomi

I get too extreme with ToO. My competitive side REALLY comes out during these matches.

My wife and neighbors must think I have a problem. Every other word out of my mouth is "fuck, shit, bitch...etc"

Zocano

Why is it affecting your sanity? Too competitive?

Arguably the best gear in the game being gated by PvP skill rather than pve skill can be frustrating. Also like Zoba said about little weighting in matchmaking.

I think it's important to have good gear only accessible through PvP but it's annoying that the PvP gear is also incredibly good for pve and arguably quicker to obtain. There's a lot of stress in the mode itself and risking a single loss for it.

I still say they should make a stat/level that only applies in PvP like resistance in WoW.

Svartnatt

Hey fellow guardians, looking to run PoE 32 for the first time with my 32 titan. Anyone want to lend a hand? PSN same as username...

And no, you're not good as dead always. You kill one and you sit on the body. If it's in a good position the other two have to come into a shitty placs to get their team mate (technically they don't have to, you have to get your team revived, but people get antsy). When they come it's 2 on 1 and that's very doable for a tie at the very least.

I won a 3 v 1 just by killing a guy near the exit outside and his team mates couldn't see me without being in prime TLW range. Done.

My first 9-0 was on my Titan. I just ran Striker with lightening grenades. Honestly, we had a defender on our team with Saint 14 and he didn't have a single clutch or cool moment with his bubble. Tbh he was kinda useless. You only get maybe one super and most save it as a panic button. No one will be dumb enough to enter.

You're the third person I've seen say that about defender, and I have to disagree.

I've been running defender, and over confident people do get into the bubble now and then. I find it super useful to put one over a team mates corpse for revives and over their corpses to prevent revives.

Since you get a new team with each new round, there's always someone new to 'school' and test me and my bubble. They don't often repeat their mistake but I am very happy to let at least one person from each new team make it.

Oh, and magnetic grenade is an instant kill, no matter what.

And no, you're not good as dead always. You kill one and you sit on the body. If it's in a good position the other two have to come into a shitty placs to get their team mate (technically they don't have to, you have to get your team revived, but people get antsy). When they come it's 2 on 1 and that's very doable for a tie at the very least.

My first 9-0 was on my Titan. I just ran Striker with double lightening grenades from Arma. Honestly, we had a defender on our team with Saint 14 and he didn't have a single clutch or cool moment with his bubble. Tbh he was kinda useless. You only get maybe one super and most save it as a panic button. No one will be dumb enough to enter.

When I played earlier we had a bubble bro and it was great. Blessing of light just outside of a hot spot and we all ran through before engaging. It was nice to have that extra shield.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seems to me most of the Queen weapons are worst than stuff you can already get. Black hammer is still the best overall sniper for instance in PVE.

patchday

I am really curious as to what ToO looks like in a few weeks. It seems this game has never had an event that gated the elite players in this way. Winning several games against what are now pretty damn good PvP teams is difficult, especially in a mode where most casual players haven't seen something similar.

I found my time (4 wins one time, 6 another, no success another time) both intense and very frustrating and it annoys me that I'll probably never see what seem to be the best guns in the game.

I'll give it another few spins, but I'm not sure I'm sold either on the game mode itself nor the implications for loot. I wish both of the end game modes of this DLC weren't 3 players, as well.

But I respect that it's very cool for the diehard PvPers in this game to have something to go to.

I do suspect that Bungie finds a way to lessen the effect of not being amazing at PvP to keep people interested in this mode, but we'll see.

Yeah ToO is a great activity for the diehard destiny pvpers. I personally prefer other games for pvp so I suspect I'm mainly do a lil bit of PoE each week.

border

Arguably the best gear in the game being gated by PvP skill rather than pve skill can be frustrating. Also like Zoba said about little weighting in matchmaking.

Is the Osiris gear really the best gear in the game?

I'm not sure how they could skill-weight matchmaking. Good players would just start throwing matches so they can be downranked to play against scrubs.

Messiek

Going to sleep very 'salty'. I wish I was strong enough to quit Destiny but it's more powerful than me. lol

Idk, need to get some sleep to clear my mind.

Daemul

It just seems ridiculous. You may as well just die.

Would be nice if they had ranked matchmaking for this so it wouldn't be going up against ridiculous players.

i agree with lima. trials is really easy when the team is stacked. wish it had ranked matchmaking.

anyway im gonna take a break from trials and head onto skola.

Bungie pls listen to these guys, add ranked matchmaking to ToO. It's gets old real quick curbstomping teams, my mates and I came into ToO thinking it would be a hardcore PvP game mode, but the quality of teams my group has faced has been shit.

I don't give a fuck about the armour and weapons, I already have my armour and weapon loadouts sorted, I'm just looking to play ToO for the challenge and it's non existent at this point.

The one good thing is that all the inept players I got stuck with in regular Crucible are not on my ToO team due to no MM. Thank fuck for that.

Lima

I'm not sure how they could skill-weight matchmaking. Good players would just start throwing matches so they can be downranked to play against scrubs.

Best looking gear if you ask me. Whatever that means to you. Perk wise it is very basic and nothing special.

Ken

Have you guys done it before, it's going to be my first level 35 one...

*edit*

I don't like the top, the pressure is too high...

Ugh... hi everyone! Hunters are best

Yeah. Everything up to Skolas is pretty easy and the burn isn't too hard to do if you have the weapons and level.

noomi

Going to sleep very 'salty'. I wish I was strong enough to quit Destiny but it's more powerful than me. lol

Idk, need to get some sleep to clear my mind.

Messy :( Not more salty than me brother, tomorrow is another day. Stay strong guardian

I know how you feel man, I really need a win somewhere to feel better, either PoE or ToO

border

Bungie pls listen to these guys, add ranked matchmaking to ToO. It's gets old real quick curbstomping teams, my mates and I came into ToO thinking it would be a hardcore PvP game mode, but the quality of teams my group has faced has been shit.

It's the first day. Everyone is playing it because it's new content, so there are a ton of scrubs in there just to see what it's like. In a few weeks they will have either given up or eked out enough wins to get all the Osiris vendor gear, and the only people left playing will be pros.

Kalamari

Anyone want to run 28 poe? My Hunter is only 29 so I am a bit apprehensive going to matchmaking. Gotta use them keys.

Daemul

Two other things about ToO:

I absolutely hate the heavy round. Totally ruins the flow and is kind of pointless. If they randomly spawned or something it might be interesting.

It bugs me that when you get further, you actually get more passage coins than you now what to do with. Whereas I burned maybe 9 to little avail. Just seems like it benefits those that are already having a ton of success in the mode. Maybe that's the point though.

ToO should have no heavy spawn and supers should be disabled. If Bungie make this change it would fix a lot of problems.

Mmm I dunno, the Warlock chest is more for fusion rifles I wont be using any time soon,

Crucible went from scrubs to MLG pros all of a sudden in trials. Where did these people come from lol

I don't give a fuck about the armour and weapons, I already have my armour and weapon loadouts sorted, I'm just looking to play ToO for the challenge and it's non existent at this point.

The one good thing is that all the inept players I got stuck with in regular Crucible are not on my ToO team due to no MM. Thank fuck for that.

Lol... More pros need to start helping scrubs. Loot for the scrubs, and a challenge for the bored pros.

Namikaze1

I'm probably just gonna focus on getting 5 wins in ToO from now on. Went once to Mercury and I enjoyed every minute of it (got a vid to remind myself of it too) but I don't want to deal with going 9-0 again. All I want is the armor.

Though that Void AR I got is freaking awesome.

Oh man. Helped somebody get their last three wins for a trip to Mercury. Last team we beat messaged us while playing: "Please let us win D:!"

Proceed to 5-0 them with a Golden Gun wipe to seal the deal.

8D7EG3l.jpg

Did my ToO team told you guys about we got paired with the same team three times in a row? Didnt ToO is supposed to pair you with different people?

Ken

Awesome, looking forward to it. Just ascended my fatebringer so I hope it helps :D

There's arc burn, solar burn, primary and secondary weapon favored skulls.

For the Skolas burn bring GHorn if you have it. Oh and heavy synths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom