• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a horrible fucking map to have Trials of Osiris on. The team that spawns outside is at a huge disadvantage right off the bat. Almost no cover out there and the team inside already has positioning on you. Every time we've played the inside team has won handily.

Lol! I wish there was a way you could've sent them that picture after winning, the salt would've been crazy lol.

FFxpUcs.jpg

Good call! I feel like an ass, but I couldn't help it.

LiK

A gaffer and I waited for my friend in the waiting area. He tried joining in many times but couldn't. Said he kept getting some message saying unable to join in session in progress due to being in endgame. Something along those lines. He's done PoE before on the character so he wasn't locked out or anything.

wanna help me with PoE 34?

border

I don't understand why they do special ammo on spawn. Not just for trials but in general. Think it's silly to get to spawn with power weapons.

Unless they are going to nerf the shit out of Invective, Universal Remote, Icebreaker, and No Land Beyond (lol), then you have to at least let people spawn with some special ammo. Otherwise the people that use those weapons will be at a huge advantage.

Ramirez

What a horrible fucking map to have Trials of Osiris on. The team that spawns outside is at a huge disadvantage right off the bat. Almost no cover out there and the team inside already has positioning on you. Every time we've played the inside team has won handily.

The sun is your friend.

Lima

There are so many head glitch positions and it is very hard to see outside from the inside. I'm just gonna go with no.

Daemul

The people I played with were pretty much ready to give up after wasting a few Passages. It will be interesting to see how long the poorer players persevere (and I include myself in this group of "poorer players").

This is why we need skilled matchmaking. I don't have an issue with "poorer players" playing ToO and getting the rewards, I just have a problem with facing them since it won't be fun for those involved, whether it's those getting stomped or those doing the stomping, matching them with teams who match their skill will make things balanced and fair and you won't have people getting frustrated at constantly matching up with pros or people like me complaining about only facing easy teams lol

the map is lousy but being outside is actually the better spot if you're playng passive

if tou arent, outside spawn has to rush inside. if you hesitate, you lose.

Kalamari

Once I get my TLW fully leveled I will be ready for some ToO action, it might not be until tomorrow though. Hopefully some folks will still be playing.

Lima

This is why we need skilled matchmaking. I don't have an issue with "poorer players" playing ToO and getting the rewards, I just have a problem with facing them since it won't be fun for those involved, whether it's those getting stomped or those doing the stomping, matching them with teams who match their skill will make things balanced and fair and you won't have people getting frustrated at constantly matching up with pros or people like me complaining about only facing easy teams lol

Also this whole connection based MM instead of skill MM nonsense. I didn't really see anything different lag wise to regular crucible.

Edit:
Cauzing and his group. We finally got a fucking match boys. This gon be gud.

border

Ranked matchmaking always opens up the problem that there are medium-skill (or even high-skill players) who will start throwing matches just so they can be downranked and play against scrubs. You might not like curb-stomping and you might not care about loot, but there are plenty of people that will happily do it just for the easy loot. I'm not sure if there is any ideal solution to this problem.

border

I wonder how long it will be until there's another Cash 4 Crota situation, with pro-PVPers offering to carry scrubs to Mercury for money?

Daemul

I don't understand why they do special ammo on spawn. Not just for trials but in general. Think it's silly to get to spawn with power weapons.

I think eventually it will come to that point. Bungie have been nerfing special weapons, reducing the amount of special ammo you spawn with and increasing the special ammo chest cool down times, but nothing has changed. They just need to make special ammo work like heavy ammo at this point.

I think eventually it will come to that point. Bungie have been nerfing special weapons, reducing the amount of special ammo you spawn with and increasing the special ammo chest cool down times, but nothing has changed. They just need to make special ammo work like heavy ammo at this point.

then everyone will just use thorn, tlw and no land beyond

patchday

Really?

The common complaint about this expansion is probably that the story missions are trivial and don't offer enough content. Though I still think you shouldn't have to unlock Prison of Elders on more than 1 character.

If you really just wanna try PoE, group up with somebody who already has it unlocked. You'll have to run the level 28 version first, but after that you can do any of them so long as the Fireteam leader has it unlocked.

I just wish PoE was not linked to the story missions

border

I can do it with my 33 Warlock, but I at least want to have 1 Defender Titan. Preferably 2.

Warlocks are dead weight in Prison of Elders -- I almost feel bad bringing one.

LiK

I can do it with my 33 Warlock, but I at least want to have 1 Defender Titan. Preferably 2.

Warlocks are dead weight in Prison of Elders -- I almost feel bad bringing one.

i need it for my Hunter and Warlock. my Titan already completed it twice. dunno why i did it again as a Titan last night.

edit: those damn stealth edits

border

i need it for my Hunter and Warlock. my Titan already completed it twice. dunno why i did it again as a Titan last night.

edit: those damn stealth edits

Didn't mean to edit -- I just hit that instead of New Reply.

I'll still go, but if we have a Hunter we'd need at least 1 Titan. Last boss is pretty rough without a Defender.

I fucking love Trials. Most fun I've had in this game since it came out. My fireteam got the flawless all in one go and I got an Arc auto rifle. I don't use auto rifles so that's whatever. Maybe my Hunter or Titan will have better luck on Mercury.

Shame I didn't get the Warlock helm! I want that shit so bad. Anubis gear is the coolest thing in this entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom