• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Didn't mean to edit -- I just hit that instead of New Reply.

I'll still go, but if we have a Hunter we'd need at least 1 Titan. Last boss is pretty rough without a Defender.

yea, i know. which is why asked Nami to help. he my Titan bro. ah well, maybe i'll just listen to a podcast while i level up some gear by doing shitty bounties. don't feel like sleeping yet.

border

As an aside, I both simultaneously like and hate that the endgame has kinda become about equipment and group composition.

I really don't like that I have to say "Must be Titan" or "Must have Gjallahorn" for certain Prison of Elders events, but it still kinda hits my World of Warcraft nostalgia buttons.

Daemul

Ranked matchmaking always opens up the problem that there are medium-skill (or even high-skill players) who will start throwing matches just so they can be downranked and play against scrubs. You might not like curb-stomping and you might not care about loot, but there are plenty of people that will happily do it just for the easy loot. I'm not sure if there is any ideal solution to this problem.

Yeah that would be an issue, but it's a risk Bungie would need to take for the overall good of the ToO event imho. They can't let the event heavily favour the top players like it already is because of fears about people throwing matches, which would probably happen if they moved to skill based MM, but again, its a risk they would need to take and hope that most people willing play fair lol

border

yea, i know. which is why asked Nami to help. he my Titan bro. ah well, maybe i'll just listen to a podcast while i level up some gear by doing shitty bounties. don't feel like sleeping yet.

If there's any Defender Titan out there that wants to lend a hand I'll be happy to go, but my Defender friends have gone to sleep and my Titan has already run it.

I'm thinking about just having my Warlock sit out for Prison of Elders every week altogether. There's really no reason to take one :(

If there's any Defender Titan out there that wants to lend a hand I'll be happy to go, but my Defender friends have gone to sleep and my Titan has already run it.

I'm thinking about just having my Warlock sit out for Prison of Elders every week altogether. There's really no reason to take one :(

I have a Defender that needs to take a run at 35 if you'll have me.

Frostburn

Wow at the pace of the Destiny OT since the lead up to the HoW launch! Good stuff guys, I've enjoyed playing with a bunch of new guardians of the past two weeks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Good call! I feel like an ass, but I couldn't help it.
zwhBRbO.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I've been itching to get home and play ToO all day, but it's a milestone day at work and this evening is just dragging along... sigh.

i've literally never had a match like that.

Come be on my team because that's literally all I've faced. Three snipers focused on each opening to the outside that just camp til we do something. It's literally gotten to the point where we just have stalemates and the position thing shows up. I haven't played a match yet where there weren't at least two snipers.

blackjaw

I've been itching to get home and play ToO all day, but it's a milestone day at work and this evening is just dragging along... sigh.

Unless you are really good at pvp or have really good friends, you aren't missing too much, just normal 3v3 pvp.

I'm proud of our 1%ers getting to Mercury but for the common GAFer we are nothing but fodder for the machine.

On that note: anyone doing PoE34, HM CE or hell, ToO...I'm good at firing Hawkmoon fast and occasionally getting kills.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wanna try. Guess I need a mic?
You do, yeah...

You're not joining a, you know, better team? :p
Unless you are really good at pvp or have really good friends, you aren't missing too much, just normal 3v3 pvp.

I'm proud of our 1%ers getting to Mercury but for the common GAFer we are nothing but fodder for the machine.

On that note: anyone doing PoE34, HM CE or hell, ToO...I'm good at firing Hawkmoon fast and occasionally getting kills.
I honestly believe there's a fair incentive for the average player. 5 wins, especially if you get the buffs and get lucky is pretty reasonable for the most part, and the chest piece is pretty awesome.

spyder_ur

This board is turning into like it was as a 29 trying to do a HM Crota, all over again.

I can't understand why ToO is the same map and spawns every time.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

I consider myself to be pretty good at pvp, but certainly not top tier heh. My concern is that my friends are way more pve focused than pvp.

You and me both, champ.

Stupid paid employment...

Yup :(

Wallach

Props to you for it, I can't handle that stuff XD

One more for Trials group then.

I'd jump in but I don't really have any primaries that would be good for ToO yet except the TLW I got when HoW dropped (which doesn't have any experience yet).

Let's play tomorrow though because I need someone to chill and drink with me through ToO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom