• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
I really suck at ToO but I'm bored so if anyone wants to try it out in a judgment free zone where we'll constantly be beat over the head with defeat and shame I'd be down.

Midas

Skola sounds like a nightmare but I'm looking forward to giving it a go maybe tonight.

It's easy with Gjallarhorns. Haven't failed a single time. But it will be interesting to play it without solar burn I guess. Because the modifiers should change come reset, right?

This will be the first time in a while that I'll be home as soon as the reset hits. Hopefully I'll be able to get a bunch of shit done before I sleep.

I'll be looking for pretty much anything.

Bought The Fear and reforged it to make sure it does arc damage and it can really be hit or miss when trying to kill opponents in PvP. Thankfully, it has the Javelin and cluster bomb perks so hopefully that's an improvement

Ken

It's easy with Gjallarhorns. Haven't failed a single time. But it will be interesting to play it without solar burn I guess. Because the modifiers should change come reset, right?

Idk, I think solar burn is what makes the fight a "fight." Skolas is too easy to kite around and no burn would let you just play a boring game of kite and shoot. He's basically a level 35 Archon Priest with an even larger map to poke him from.

Need some Gaf knowledge. Last night my friends and I had a go at the 35 PoE, we got through the first few rounds easily enough hit the fourth round and it was insane.

Primary weapon damage seemed down and a combination of juggler and secondary weapon buff made it difficult. But the real issue was loads of major captains who were overly aggressive. The shrapnel launcher was a two hit kill.

Is that normal? It seemed to be excessively difficult all of a sudden.

What's the best tactics? we were taking down the target quick enough but then getting overrun.

Ken

Need some Gaf knowledge. Last night my friends and I had a go at the 35 PoE, we got through the first few rounds easily enough hit the fourth round and it was insane.

Primary weapon damage seemed down and a combination of juggler and secondary weapon buff made it difficult. But the real issue was loads of major captains who were overly aggressive. The shrapnel launcher was a two hit kill.

Is that normal? It seemed to be excessively difficult all of a sudden.

What's the best tactics? we were taking down the target quick enough but then getting overrun.

So, secondary/primary preferred seems to not just buff the weapon type but also nerf all other types. The ways I've done that round is to run to the left "base" with the ramps and either:

A) hold that with bubbles or have people watching captains coming up ramps
B) hold it till you can't and run to the "base" opposite and repeat when that gets overrun

For the VIP assassination objective, just camp the dude's spawn and unload on him with your most bursty special weapons: shotguns are pretty effective. Toss down a blind bubble on spawn too if you have one. Once you burst him down run back to the base.

It's a pretty boring and low threat fight because aside from sneaky captains, nothing is terribly lethal. Invective is my favorite for this because of the regenerating ammo and it can burst down everything that tries to get in.

Raybunny

All 34's.

I did it a few times with 1 33 and 2 34. He melted.
Once we even made it with 2 cause one member died ( he made sure to send 6+ rockets on skolas face though)

Run all together outside to the left side.
Kill servitor with 2 shotgun hits (solar)
GH Skolas face ( 6 rockets + heavy synth + Rockets again)

If needed One take care of the 1st bomb while the other 2 take the rest of skolas.

End of story.

BondFancy

I did it a few times with 1 33 and 2 34. He melted.
Once we even made it with 2 cause one member died ( he made sure to send 6+ rockets on skolas face though)

Run all together outside to the left side.
Kill servitor with 2 shotgun hits (solar)
GH Skolas face ( 6 rockets + heavy synth + Rockets again)

If needed One take care of the 1st bomb while the other 2 take the rest of skolas.

End of story.
That's what we keep doing, keep getting so close then somebody dies.

Raybunny

That's what we keep doing, keep getting so close then somebody dies.

If someone dies after he got less than 30% health is no issue. Do not focus on the dead person. Happened once. If one die right at the beginning don't waste more rockets. Restart.
What you can do is farm the servitor for heavy while you wait the CD of the synth.

Also do not waste time with the last rocket on the GH. Rather use the synth to be more efficient. You lose one rocket but 6+7 rockets are way more than enough to kill it ( if everyone does it).

Skele7on

Banned
All three characters 34

So many maxed weapons it's disgusting.

Never lost a trials game played through 15 times Well I lost two whilst playing with DestinL

35 cleared 12 times last week

Destiny grind is back and I'm loving it.

This week I focus on weapon upgrades and getting nicer gear for characters.

That being said looking forward to burn/boss changes this week.

Also I hear the chest duping is being patched sometime in the near future.

Get as many as you can while you can.

The most annoying thing about ending rounds so quickly in trials is I kept running out of snipe ammo round 2-3 :\

Midas

All three characters 34

So many maxed weapons it's disgusting.

Never lost a trials game played through 15 times Well I lost two whilst playing with DestinL

35 cleared 12 times last week

Destiny grind is back and I'm loving it.

This week I focus on weapon upgrades and getting nicer gear for characters.

That being said looking forward to burn/boss changes this week.

Also I hear the chest duping is being patched sometime in the near future.

Get as many as you can while you can.

Never lost one? Shit. Why can't I be good at PvP? Haha. What sensitivity are everyone playing with?

Waldini

God ...

Laggers, lag-switches, cheats, glitches, invincibility ... bah.

Bungie, please. Atleast solve some of this stuff for the next Trials.

To-do-list;

Titan, 34 with VoG Armor. Why? Looks badass.
Warlock, 34 with PoE Armor. Why? Because I hate my Warlock.
Hunter, 34 with ToO Armor. Why? Because /reasons.

BondFancy

If someone dies after he got less than 30% health is no issue. Do not focus on the dead person. Happened once. If one die right at the beginning don't waste more rockets. Restart.
What you can do is farm the servitor for heavy while you wait the CD of the synth.

Also do not waste time with the last rocket on the GH. Rather use the synth to be more efficient. You lose one rocket but 6+7 rockets are way more than enough to kill it ( if everyone does it).
That's what we've been doing we get him down to literally one shot. Then I'm the last one alive trying to defuse mines, but then I have the damn mark on me that ends up killing me because Skolas refuses to chase after me. We've also been farming heavy ammo, and I've still used 20.

Mechazawa

Hey guys, I have a question in light of the toysrus deal that I'm probably going to jump on.

Is there a way to keep accruing new weapons for PvP if that's what I'm largely interested in playing? Or is that impossible/unrealistic enough that I'd just be making my life harder and I should just except to grind out PVE stuff as well?

I am getting sick of people cheating in Trials. The "lag-switching" is starting to get on my nerves. I never have connection problems in this game unless I play Trials. Down 3-1 and come back 4-3? Enemy team is nowhere to be found for a round and then surprise "weasel" error, party chat gets messed up and I am forced to restart the console. My router is flooded with connections. Ban these jerks. It's unbearable.

Hey guys, I have a question in light of the toysrus deal that I'm probably going to jump on.

Is there a way to keep accruing new weapons for PvP if that's what I'm largely interested in playing? Or is that impossible/unrealistic enough that I'd just be making my life harder and I should just except to grind out PVE stuff as well?

Both legendary and exotic weapons drop in pvp and you can also use crucible marks to purchase weapons. However, all the exotic bounties have some type of pve requirement and there are also some weapons you can only get in pve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom