• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

KxoZz

So frustrating having a completely silent LFG-group. Had a bad feeling from the start but decided to give it a try. First 4 rounds went fine. Qodron was a complete disaster. Tried to explain that we had to kill a specific goblin to get a buff but that went unnoticed apparently. Wasted about an hour on that before giving up...
PoE is alread frustrating enough as is, I don't need a group that's unwilling to communicate.

Agreed. Been saying that for a while. KotH would be pretty awesome in Destiny. Capture the Flag would probably need some tweaking to take the abilities in to account, but I'm sure either way it would be fun.

Good playing with you yesterday. That was you I did the 34 PoE with right? That Urrox fight got really dicey a bunch of times lol.

Yeah that was me yesterday, it was fun playing with you to. First time doing 34 PoE. The Urrox fight was fun!
Kind of,
ok not really.

Zoidberg

I can't work out what they wanted from PVE loot this time around.

• No reliable way to obtain keys each week and the keys themselves not really giving you much
  • The exotic bounty being a low chance drop
  • Elemental primaries being a low chance drop
  • Beating the 35 version and opening the chest gives only cosmetic items - why the fuck does getting to mercury seemingly guarantee an elemental primary yet Skolas does not?
  • Why is it possible for people to beat 35 PoE and miss out on the cosmetic stuff because they don't have a key? For the first week at least this was not explained at all, so there would have been plenty of people who missed out.
  • Variks constantly giving out strength rolls on gear. I really hope that wasn't an intentional decision from Bungie to add longevity to this activity...
  • All of the fallen weapons losing a perk slot for the bullshit +damage fallen perks, despite both VoG and CE having the related +damage as an extra and not occupying a slot that can render a weapon useless (raid rocket launcher cant roll tracking/grenades & horseshoes because of that fucking fallen perk). Ascended weapons from old raids will beat these weapons, hands down, as those weapons do not lose out on the perk slot.
Bungie :(

Once chest duping is also patched tears will fall as keys will be harder than bosses.

Chest dupping isn't even a major issue with the drop rate being so low. If you're extremely lucky you might get 4-5 keys over as many hours. Odds are you might get 1. It's a waste of time. Might as well run PoE 28 and open the side chests. At least you will level Variks while you do it.

PuMa

• No reliable way to obtain keys each week and the keys themselves not really giving you much
  • Beating the 35 version and opening the chest gives only cosmetic items - why the fuck does getting to mercury seemingly guarantee an elemental primary yet Skolas does not?
  • Why is it possible for people to beat 35 PoE and miss out on the cosmetic stuff because they don't have a key? For the first week at least this was not explained at all, so there would have been plenty of people who missed out.
  • Variks constantly giving out strength rolls on gear. I really hope that wasn't an intentional decision from Bungie to add longevity to this activity...
  • All of the fallen weapons losing a perk slot for the bullshit +damage fallen perks, despite both VoG and CE having the related +damage as an extra and not occupying a slot that can render a weapon useless (raid rocket launcher cant roll tracking/grenades & horseshoes because of that fucking fallen perk). Ascended weapons from old raids will beat these weapons, hands down, as those weapons do not lose out on the perk slot.

Bungie, ples.

Doesn't bother me. I'm all for people having their fun, but beyond that it's just a mind game. If you get all upset about someone teabagging you it can take you out of your game.

Same here man, I'm all for good sportsmanship. If we lose, then so be it... but if you teabag me.... god help you. It's like calling Marty McFly a chicken... bad things happen.

When it's in a good competitive match type such as Iron Banner and ToO, it's uncalled for especially when the match was close or they didn't do anything to warrant such mockery. I'm all for people having their fun too. Isn't that was dancing is for?

Lnkn52

First Try Skolas:

http://www.twitch.tv/valleyram84

Just snipers and TL.

Skolas just pooped this too:

RuJlbkm.png

Shito

That might say more about how I feel about PoE more than Trials though. As you guys said, if there was a Raid or PoE gear/experience was a little better, I might not think this way.
Yup, I really like the idea and concept of PoE, but it's already in dire needs of rewards and interesting loots to keep it going for as many months as they need before Comet or whatever new expansion they are planning.
Their DLC team must be small for them to produce so little content in all those months: they could have at least gone for two sets of weapons and armors for PoE. Being awarded as loots while doing PoE with random stats and perks, or bought at Taniks'.

Haven't watch it yet but I'm gonna take a guess that it is about the Vandal in Forgotten Shores that sometimes have a stupid amount of health.
Haha, yep, that's right! :)
I had totally forgotten about good old Randal...

Homeboyd

First ether chest I opened today (and the first time I opened it): Treasure Key
2nd ether chest I opened today: Legendary Engram
First PoE finished today (lvl 32/Urrox): Her Benevolence

Can't wait to do nightfalls. I'm feeling lucky.

havnt Played gears, but That does sound like a game u dont want to be on the losing end of :p
Lmao idk, I felt like to play that game you had to have such thick skin that it felt like even when you where losing it was hilarious to talk shit, it wasn't for the faint of heart tho :p

I hope Gears 4 does it, if mot then atleast the remake.
If the Gears community still has any influence then it'll get done...considering the game's development and changes focused on community and not the other way around.

Then there was Juydgement...but I hear Rod is atleast involved this time with the new Gears
Idk bruh, I'm hoping they pull it off, we might get a hint at this E3, don't have much faith tho. Felt like the series peak was 2 actually while most hardcore gears fans where obsessed with 3 (even the group I ran with). I just hated TDM and striping away most of the consequence to playing dumb in that game. It was still better than something like COD but I feel like that was the first step to the shit we got with Judgement. Feel like it's in Halo territory now where it'll be hot for a whole month but end up pleasing no one. I hope it works though though still, I think I'm due for a break from years of FPSs lol.

Anyone for the NF x2?
Tbh you should have dudes begging to carry you after all the shit you did this weekend.

Some thoughts on ToO,

Idk. On one hand I feel for y'all who don't like it but on the other it feels like a lot of PVE players have purposely shat on PVP for the longest time now. Can't count how many times I've seen "wow crucible part of this bounty, fuck this". Or "PVP is such trash". I get that it's not the most balanced thing in the world, but the age of the arena shooter is dead.

Besides I'm sure tons of people who have been carried by Unstable or Zoba are now getting theirs eyes opened that there IS a rhyme and flow to this game's PVP and it isnt just a jumble of one shot kills and chaos. So when I see a lot of people lamenting the unfairness of PVE vs PVP this time around I'm suspicious of it coming from a purely rational POV instead of a sour lack of ability to get the new phat loot though I'm sure it's a bit of both.

It just kind irks me tbh that we have been over here playing PVP and sharpening are skills but a lot of people are clamoring for nerfs to the ToO drops (or even if victors can run again), or more forgiving losses just because they haven't put in the time to "git gud".

I'd rather Skolas not be a bitch to people and give them some good drops rather than people whine to make ToO easy mode or have Bungie treat the great PVP players like everyone else, tbh. Sorry if this seems harsh. I'm still doing my part to help randies in ToO, just kind of boggles my mind the salt and desperation I've been seeing from people this past week.

Just some random thoughts on ToO in case I took too long type this and the reveling chain of posts have past to NF/POE LFG posts lol.

So are there any legetimate Skolas strategies out there? I can't find anything that isn't just 'spam g'horn before the mines go off'.

And I don't like waiting for ammo synths every single wipe.

We manged to take him down once this weekend after 90 minutes of going at it. Didn't really get anything special from it. New Shotgun with the basic emblem/shader/ship.

It was certainly interesting and exhilerating, but I don't know how often I'll go back to it. (Fucking shrapel captains...)

Trials of Osiris was much more fun. Went 9-0, 9-1, and 9-1 on my characters.

spyder_ur

[*]Variks constantly giving out strength rolls on gear. I really hope that wasn't an intentional decision from Bungie to add longevity to this activity...

I'm with you on the rest, but it's only been two weeks on the gear and there is definitely an argument that strength is actually the best attribute for PoE. It can give Titans and Warlocks shields and hunters invisibility and is crucial for getting you out of tricky spots. Certainly better than intellect for PoE - you should be getting your supers from kills and teammates orbs.

WipedOut

Yup, I really like the idea and concept of PoE, but it's already in dire needs of rewards and interesting loots to keep it going for as many months as they need before Comet or whatever new expansion they are planning.
Their DLC team must be small for them to produce so little content in all those months: they could have at least gone for two sets of weapons and armors for PoE. Being awarded as loots while doing PoE with random stats and perks, or bought at Taniks'.

Haha, yep, that's right! :)
I had totally forgotten about good old Randal...

This right here. I already don't want to play it due to the low rate of drops, this shit is worse than vault of glass loot drop. I completed 34 about a dozen times last week and not one bounty drop.

So frustrating having a completely silent LFG-group. Had a bad feeling from the start but decided to give it a try. First 4 rounds went fine. Qodron was a complete disaster. Tried to explain that we had to kill a specific goblin to get a buff but that went unnoticed apparently. Wasted about an hour on that before giving up...
PoE is alread frustrating enough as is, I don't need a group that's unwilling to communicate.

I jump outta those the first couple times we wipe. I'm a quiet guy myself, but I'll call stuff out and communicate when necessary. But if you get into a group and nobody is communicating things that need to be communicated then it's better to cut your loses and bounce because it's not going to get any better and that goes for everything.

Waldini

This. All of this.

2 more weeks with all +STR gear? Nah.

Like I said before, feels like Bungie did this on purpose. Just to stretch it out.

PoE 34/35 should drop Elemental weapons. Seeing as how things are now ... I see no reason to go and fight Skolas for a shader.

Cruxist

I'm also a PVE player, and after signing up on Unstable's list the first day, I finally decided I didn't really wanted to be carried like that and not "deserve" this awesome loot, remembering why I enjoyed playing the raids in the first time, which is this feeling of overcoming a difficult task with a team progressively getting in synch all together. It will be a long time before a game tops my first completions of VoG and CE, I think.
I'm also happy PVP players now have "their thing", and I'm also fine with them being rewarded awesome stuff, with perks thought out for them. The only things I can't agree with are the fact they are being rewarded with elemental primaries, which have no use in PVP at all, and the insane amount of etheric lights great players are being rewarded with. Otherwise I'm fine with them having their own gears; the only sad part if that PoE gear is not so cool looking, and more importantly sucks ass. There's not one single piece of this gear I am craving to get, and that's where Bungie made a big mistake I think. The weapons and armors should at least be on par with the ones from VoG or CE, or even a bit better, but they are just not.
This is very puzzling.

This is a really succinct response about my feelings for this expansion. I think PoE is really fun, and playing around the burns is a great challenge. The 35 level is somewhat annoying, but oh well.

I think the other reason there's some unrest right now is the endgame armors offered through Trials and PoE. Lets face it, the trials gear is much more desirable. I've only been a fan of the raid gear from the vault so far, and theme-ing the gear to the enemies limits the design for the PvE gear in a way that's not as fun. Trials gear is just sexy and everyone wants it. 5 wins is tough though.

zewone

I'm also a PVE player, and after signing up on Unstable's list the first day, I finally decided I didn't really wanted to be carried like that and not "deserve" this awesome loot, remembering why I enjoyed playing the raids in the first time, which is this feeling of overcoming a difficult task with a team progressively getting in synch all together. It will be a long time before a game tops my first completions of VoG and CE, I think.
I'm also happy PVP players now have "their thing", and I'm also fine with them being rewarded awesome stuff, with perks thought out for them. The only things I can't agree with are the fact they are being rewarded with elemental primaries, which have no use in PVP at all, and the insane amount of etheric lights great players are being rewarded with. Otherwise I'm fine with them having their own gears; the only sad part if that PoE gear is not so cool looking, and more importantly sucks ass. There's not one single piece of this gear I am craving to get, and that's where Bungie made a big mistake I think. The weapons and armors should at least be on par with the ones from VoG or CE, or even a bit better, but they are just not.
This is very puzzling.

Yep, CE "smart loot", as much as it can have its flaws as well (just to see the few peopole in here still lacking a Black Hammer, for example) was pretty perfect for me. I almost always felt rewarded for running this raid.
Going 9-0 requires more skill than a PoE 35 clear in regards to primaries.

[*]All of the fallen weapons losing a perk slot for the bullshit +damage fallen perks, despite both VoG and CE having the related +damage as an extra and not occupying a slot that can render a weapon useless (raid rocket launcher cant roll tracking/grenades & horseshoes because of that fucking fallen perk). Ascended weapons from old raids will beat these weapons, hands down, as those weapons do not lose out on the perk slot.

No way would the very rare PoE elemental weapons be short a perk slot....

First Try Skolas:

http://www.twitch.tv/valleyram84

Just snipers and TL.

Skolas just pooped this too:

RuJlbkm.png

WAT?

This makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah that was me yesterday, it was fun playing with you to. First time doing 34 PoE. The Urrox fight was fun!
Kind of,
ok not really.

It was more like a relief when it was done. Kind of never want to play it again lol. Still, every time we were down to the last guardian all the way on the other side of the room, and were actually able to traverse the warzone to get the revive and keep going (which happened a few times), that was pretty amazing. Fuck that burning ground shit though.

Zoidberg

No way would the very rare PoE elemental weapons be short a perk slot....

WAT?

This makes absolutely no sense.

Yep. Look at that piece of shit. I'm totally going to use a void pulse rifle against a captain with an arc shield.... You would never even have a void weapon on for a fallen round. This is one of 4 poe elemental primary weapons, seemingly designed by Bungie picking random parts of the weapon out of a hat.

words cannot describe how livid i was last night

power went out in the middle of stream. had a whole bunch of people waiting to play and i justs disappear for 12 hours. some of them had been wathing streams for days and i alone streamed nearly 24 hours. cant believe something so stupid would pop up at that time.

was in complete disbelief and just sat there in the dark till i passed out from exhaustion. goddamit.

would like to try again next week but ive already proven to be unreliable now.

the bright side is me unstable and most of my clanmates are top 50 on the trials leaderboards. we didnt save them all but we saved many lighthouseless souls

fuck this game sometimes

Thanks for the NFs!
I hope your third one turned out better. My first was Strange Coins, the second, with you, was a Legendary Engram ( turned into a POS auto rifle, and my third was Etheric Light ( also with you)! My first.

Anyone interested in the Weekly Heroic before I grab some ransoms? PSN Zyzomys

Cheers

Deku Tree

power went out in the middle of stream. had a whole bunch of people waiting to play and i justs disappear for 12 hours. some of them had been wathing streams for days and i alone streamed nearly 24 hours. cant believe something so stupid would pop up at that time.

was in complete disbelief and just sat there in the dark till i passed out from exhaustion. goddamit.

the bright side is me unstable and most of my clanmates are top 50 on the trials leaderboards. we didnt save them all but we saved many lighthouseless souls

fuck this game sometimes

Wow that's frustrating! Thanks so much for helping so many people!

spyder_ur

fuck this game sometimes

Yeah people were wondering what was going on. Sorry about that - you're still the man for doing that. Congrats on the leaderboard, although you were one spot below "adhds better"

Guess it is.

raindoc

fuck this game sometimes
That was the Vex hacking into your power grid. Too many guardians on Mercury.

fuck this game sometimes

What/Where is a lighthouse leaderboard?

flkraven

lol why are so many people getting bent out of shape from someone tea bagging? Dude is literally just tapping a button. Your negative reaction means they won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom