• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

As always for PVE end game loot: it's in RNG!
You have to kill Skolas enough times for him to drop his (crappy) elemental primaries!
Yeah!
Fun!

After the first time you open up the 35 chest: none.
You get the emblem and the shader the first time, after that it's just the same chest as all the other ones (including PoE 28).

But atleast with the raids we were getting primary weapon drops from doing hard mode. I haven't seen a primary drop with elemental at all this week except on ToO.

Edit: I think Bungie should put that cheater in replacement of Skolas and have everyone take a shot at him.

Imo, all they need to do to make pvp more fun and competetive, is to add a rank system like halo. Win, and go up in rank and face better competetion. Lose and you go down. Dont think people need to flame to get competetive.
That just sounds like the same boring ranking junk from H3-Reach.

Idk. I just must be an asshole then. I don't teabag or dance (unless it's been done to me), and I'm not the type to send stupid messages, and I'm actually pleased when someone beats me to messaging, "great games" to a worthy opponent, but Gears man....those execution matches on Mansion, the pre shit talk, running routes with the squad, killing off one dude then dying and being thrown in chat with a salty enemy to watch the rest of the round play out, pulling a clutch and going into a channel full of hurled insults and minds being lost, omg. Those where different times. I don't think that kind of online gaming is coming back for consoles.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ugh I can't believe I am at work and actually thinking about how I want to get home and play Destiny tonight.

If there aren't 2 of you ready and willing to carry me through a Nightfall at around 7 EST tonight I am gonna be upset.

RemiLP

Yeah, as someone who was primarily a pve player, I'm now more excited for the next ToO then the weekly reset stuff. Playing trials with dgaf this weekend has been the highlight of HoW for me.

Same With me. Thats why its so annoying that u can only play toO during the weekend.

Shito

But atleast with the raids we were getting primary weapon drops from doing hard mode. I haven't seen a primary drop with elemental at all this week except on ToO.
Skolas drop them, the moment you kill him.
It's apparently a VERY rare chance, though.

spyder_ur

I'm really happy about all the little details and subtleties Bungie put in the game to nurture the good-will of its players, and create this awesome community. Stuff like no friendly fire in patrol, or the fact that you can't "steal" some stranger's kill because everyone around gets credited for it, are things nobody talk about but that go a long way into creating this mood of people wanting to help each others rather than to be dicks.
I don't want it to change, even in PVP, and even if I don't play much PVP.

I agree with you here, and it's one reason I don't love that Bungie seems to have ostensibly replaced the raid not with PoE, but really with Trials. It's where the best gear, upgrade materials, and sense of prestige/accomplishment lies. There's even an exclusive location with a high bar of entry.

Think about it - instead of seeing a bunch of raid groups go out to conquer Atheon or Crota, a bunch of people were grouping up, hanging on lists and streams waiting for shots to be carried to Mercury. This is not a judgment on either the people queueing up or the people doing the carrying (the first of which I tried to do), but it just feels, I don't know, different from the general culture around this game on this community that has curated, which Bungie has a huge role in as you said.

I am happy that the hardcore PvPers have their thing now. I do think there should be changed made to ToO, primarily loosening the requirements to get to Mercury, maybe some kind of boon system activated after turning in a card that garnered no rewards, some kind of ranking system, etc. Also cutting down on cheaters, because some of those stories are brutal to hear. I think the idea is very cool, but I'm not going to spend another weekend staring at my computer screen or getting frustrated in Trials because I lost twice at 8-0. It's not worth it, IMO.

And I wish there were a 6-player end game mode in HoW.

Jinjo

As always for PVE end game loot: it's in RNG!
You have to kill Skolas enough times for him to drop his (crappy) elemental primaries!
Yeah!
Fun!

After the first time you open up the 35 chest: none.
You get the emblem and the shader the first time, after that it's just the same chest as all the other ones (including PoE 28).

I'm baffled by the decision to change drop rates for the elemental primaries. HM Crota's were perfect. Guaranteed drop first time through, after that RNG, but it takes into account when you haven't had a drop in a long time.

Streamerhouse did it with the help of WoL Titan just now.

RemiLP

Idk. I just must be an asshole then. I don't teabag or dance (unless it's been done to me), and I'm not the type to send stupid messages, and I'm actually pleased when someone beats me to messaging, "great games" to a worthy opponent, but Gears man....those execution matches on Mansion, the pre shit talk, running routes with the squad, killing off one dude then dying and being thrown in chat with a salty enemy to watch the rest of the round play out, pulling a clutch and going into a channel full of hurled insults and minds being lost, omg. Those where different times. I don't think that kind of online gaming is coming back for consoles.

havnt Played gears, but That does sound like a game u dont want to be on the losing end of :p

flkraven

I actually would love it if there was an open-pvp patrol zone. I always had this theory that Bungie would open the game up and split the community into factions: Light and Darkness. People choose their faction and are capable of killing opposing players in the open-pvp patrol area.

nOoblet16

I hope Gears 4 does it, if mot then atleast the remake.
If the Gears community still has any influence then it'll get done...considering the game's development and changes focused on community and not the other way around.

Then there was Juydgement...but I hear Rod is atleast involved this time with the new Gears

I think I've lost interest in PvE.

I am honestly bored of running the same strikes and same missions over and over again, I absolutely do not want to play CE anymore and VoG is good but very few people actually play it. That leaves me with PoE which is

1) not as fun and doesn't feel as good with just 3 people
2) full of bullshit modifiers

Kinda agree. Been spending a good chunk of my time playing PvP. ToO and when not playing that playing standard Crucible in preparation for ToO. I was on full troll yesterday with NLB and Felwinter's loadout in Crucible lol. It was actually a good combo.

Jinjo

Arc burn Skolas strat: DPS the fuck out of him (again) before anything can happen. WoL bubble, sniper stun him and when out of sniper ammo switch to arc HMG (Thunderlord) and keep hammering.

Edit: OMG, Streamerhouse picking Dreg's Promise.... -_-'

ocean

Banned
I agree with you here, and it's one reason I don't love that Bungie seems to have ostensibly replaced the raid not with PoE, but really with Trials. It's where the best gear, upgrade materials, and sense of prestige/accomplishment lies. There's even an exclusive location with a high bar of entry.

Think about it - instead of seeing a bunch of raid groups go out to conquer Atheon or Crota, a bunch of people were grouping up, hanging on lists and streams waiting for shots to be carried to Mercury. This is not a judgment on either the people queueing up or the people doing the carrying (the first of which I tried to do), but it just feels, I don't know, different from the general culture around this game on this community that has curated, which Bungie has a huge role in as you said.

I am happy that the hardcore PvPers have their thing now. I do think there should be changed made to ToO, primarily loosening the requirements to get to Mercury, maybe some kind of boon system activated after turning in a card with more rewards, some kind of ranking system, etc. Also cutting down on cheaters, because some of those stories are brutal to hear. I think the idea is very cool, but I'm not going to spend another weekend staring at my computer screen or getting frustrated in Trials because I lost twice at 8-0. It's not worth it, IMO.

I too wish cheaters were banned and we had 6 player co-op content. A raid would have rounded off this expansion so perfectly...

And while I agree it's strange that a PvE-focused game should suddenly change gears and make a PvP tournament its most generous and prestigious activity, I think it's a welcome change of pace. I don't think Lighthouse requirements should be relaxed though. Keep it for Flawless teams.

I say this as someone who will never get a 9-0 ticket unless I join Unstable or something. The game needed this - some sort of achievement which was genuinely difficult. Heroic Crota was buggy and annoying but not difficult. Heroic VoG was hard until level 30+ and 300+ weapons became standard. Now it's tricky and requires coordination but it's easy as hell for experienced teams.

No matter what gear you have, no matter how experienced you are, 9-0 won't be a cakewalk for 99% of us. It will probably be unattainable actually for many of us (myself included). I think that's ok! There are better players than I and I think it's cool to see their talent rewarded.

neoism

lol the NF is giving out shit.. 9 Scoins :/... can't wait for xur to disappoint... totally fuck up by not gett the last word ... anyway thanks for the smooth NF magic..

Cruxist

So, after a hardcore binge weekend, I'm ready to pull back and play Destiny at a more human pace now.

Goals this week are to grab trials coins each day from the daily playlist and build up my stores so I don't have a soul-crushing experience like this first Trials. Will probably hit up the 32 and 34 with one character, possibly run a 32 with another, but I think the days of all 3 characters running endgame content every week are over.

I still have a few exotics that need leveling, and I obviously want to hit 34 with everybody, but I have 2 characters that I really just want ascended armor for and I don't mind the slow burn for it.

Overall, Trials gear is my biggest goal and I can't really train for that. Just kind of have to hope for the best with PUGs and game the system with coins.

Wallach

Haha, they replaced Solar Burn on Skolas with an even worse option. They really don't give any fucks about whether or not burns turn the gameplay in this encounter into garbage.

but the metrics tho, must be fine

Jinjo

Haha, they replaced Solar Burn on Skolas with an even worse option. They really don't give any fucks about whether or not burns turn the gameplay in this encounter into garbage.

but the metrics tho, must be fine

Burns really are the worst thing in Destiny.

Shito

I am happy that the hardcore PvPers have their thing now. I do think there should be changed made to ToO, primarily loosening the requirements to get to Mercury, maybe some kind of boon system activated after turning in a card with more rewards, some kind of ranking system, etc. Also cutting down on cheaters, because some of those stories are brutal to hear. I think the idea is very cool, but I'm not going to spend another weekend staring at my computer screen or getting frustrated in Trials because I lost twice at 8-0. It's not worth it, IMO.

I'm also a PVE player, and after signing up on Unstable's list the first day, I finally decided I didn't really wanted to be carried like that and not "deserve" this awesome loot, remembering why I enjoyed playing the raids in the first time, which is this feeling of overcoming a difficult task with a team progressively getting in synch all together. It will be a long time before a game tops my first completions of VoG and CE, I think.
I'm also happy PVP players now have "their thing", and I'm also fine with them being rewarded awesome stuff, with perks thought out for them. The only things I can't agree with are the fact they are being rewarded with elemental primaries, which have no use in PVP at all, and the insane amount of etheric lights great players are being rewarded with. Otherwise I'm fine with them having their own gears; the only sad part if that PoE gear is not so cool looking, and more importantly sucks ass. There's not one single piece of this gear I am craving to get, and that's where Bungie made a big mistake I think. The weapons and armors should at least be on par with the ones from VoG or CE, or even a bit better, but they are just not.
This is very puzzling.

I'm baffled by the decision to change drop rates for the elemental primaries. HM Crota's were perfect. Guaranteed drop first time through, after that RNG, but it takes into account when you haven't had a drop in a long time.
Yep, CE "smart loot", as much as it can have its flaws as well (just to see the few peopole in here still lacking a Black Hammer, for example) was pretty perfect for me. I almost always felt rewarded for running this raid.

neoism

It took me 4 hours to farm 2 keys for this week. 4 hours for some repeat legendary queens weapons. Last week I will ever waste time farming a key.

yeah this key thing is just ridiculous you should at least be guaranteed 1 key per week for doing all of the queens bounties...:/

Shito

yeah this key thing is just ridiculous you should at least be guaranteed 1 key per week for doing all of the queens bounties...:/
The fact that the Queen's Favor package is not even guaranteed for completing all of the week's bounties is just icing on the cake, really...

Waldini

It took me 4 hours to farm 2 keys for this week. 4 hours for some repeat legendary queens weapons. Last week I will ever waste time farming a key.

I know the feels. Seeing other people in my fireteam pulling out keys like its nothing. All I got was engrams. Which is fine ... After 2 days ( 6 hours of grinding ) I got my first-ever-fucking-key.

Crucible is fun, I just wish there were objective game modes. Closest thing we have is Salvage and that still can easily just come down to kills. There's also Control, but that's just TDM with a kill multiplier.

I want some KoTH or capture the flag! Some type of Juggernaut mode would be cool too, they could run around with a sword.

Agreed. Been saying that for a while. KotH would be pretty awesome in Destiny. Capture the Flag would probably need some tweaking to take the abilities in to account, but I'm sure either way it would be fun.

Good playing with you yesterday. That was you I did the 34 PoE with right? That Urrox fight got really dicey a bunch of times lol.

Already been there. I have one key I got by chance as a wolves event was happening while I was trying to do the public events bounty. If I don't come across keys like that or from the side chests in PoE I won't have a key. It's not like there is really much worth getting in those chests anyways. The Queens weapons are underwhelming top say the least and you have a better chance at exotics elsewhere.

spyder_ur

I too wish cheaters were banned and we had 6 player co-op content. A raid would have rounded off this expansion so perfectly...

And while I agree it's strange that a PvE-focused game should suddenly change gears and make a PvP tournament its most generous and prestigious activity, I think it's a welcome change of pace. I don't think Lighthouse requirements should be relaxed though. Keep it for Flawless teams.

I say this as someone who will never get a 9-0 ticket unless I join Unstable or something. The game needed this - some sort of achievement which was genuinely difficult. Heroic Crota was buggy and annoying but not difficult. Heroic VoG was hard until level 30+ and 300+ weapons became standard. Now it's tricky and requires coordination but it's easy as hell for experienced teams.

No matter what gear you have, no matter how experienced you are, 9-0 won't be a cakewalk for 99% of us. It will probably be unattainable actually for many of us (myself included). I think that's ok! There are better players than I and I think it's cool to see their talent rewarded.

I'm also a PVE player, and after signing up on Unstable's list the first day, I finally decided I didn't really wanted to be carried like that and not "deserve" this awesome loot, remembering why I enjoyed playing the raids in the first time, which is this feeling of overcoming a difficult task with a team progressively getting in synch all together. It will be a long time before a game tops my first completions of VoG and CE, I think.
I'm also happy PVP players now have "their thing", and I'm also fine with them being rewarded awesome stuff, with perks thought out for them. The only things I can't agree with are the fact they are being rewarded with elemental primaries, which have no use in PVP at all, and the insane amount of etheric lights great players are being rewarded with. Otherwise I'm fine with them having their own gears; the only sad part if that PoE gear is not so cool looking, and more importantly sucks ass. There's not one single piece of this gear I am craving to get, and that's where Bungie made a big mistake I think. The weapons and armors should at least be on par with the ones from VoG or CE, or even a bit better, but they are just not.
This is very puzzling.

Yeah, I think these responses are pretty fair. Honestly, there's probably some sour grapes baked into my posts. If I had been able to win the 9th on either of the tickets I went 8-0 on, I'd probably feel differently. Or even if I had been a few minutes earlier and gotten one of the trains with Unstable or Zoba. I'm trying to think of the community as a whole though, and I'm just not sure there's enough co-op content to keep me going. I enjoy PvP and consider myself a slightly above average player, so I imagine there are others feeling even more put off.

That might say more about how I feel about PoE more than Trials though. As you guys said, if there was a Raid or PoE gear/experience was a little better, I might not think this way.

Lnkn52

Anyone for the NF x2?

You should take it easy. Someone should just carry you through it.

F5kNNy7xqbsGm2Cs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom