• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

words cannot describe how livid i was last night

power went out in the middle of stream. had a whole bunch of people waiting to play and i justs disappear for 12 hours. some of them had been wathing streams for days and i alone streamed nearly 24 hours. cant believe something so stupid would pop up at that time.

was in complete disbelief and just sat there in the dark till i passed out from exhaustion. goddamit.

would like to try again next week but ive already proven to be unreliable now.

the bright side is me unstable and most of my clanmates are top 50 on the trials leaderboards. we didnt save them all but we saved many lighthouseless souls

fuck this game sometimes
Shit happens man. You did good , that's all that matters.

power went out in the middle of stream. had a whole bunch of people waiting to play and i justs disappear for 12 hours. some of them had been wathing streams for days and i alone streamed nearly 24 hours. cant believe something so stupid would pop up at that time.

was in complete disbelief and just sat there in the dark till i passed out from exhaustion. goddamit.

the bright side is me unstable and most of my clanmates are top 50 on the trials leaderboards. we didnt save them all but we saved many lighthouseless souls

fuck this game sometimes

Zoba you're awesome even for doing this. I'm sure people would understand, you don't control the power grid. Take a rest, no one will blame you. Me and TearsOfBlood tried to carry some people to the Lighthouse as well yesterday, way less than you have done and it was already exhausting.

fuck this game sometimes

lol...shit happens man. I hope you guys split your time between Mercury runs, and runs where you split up and help twice as many people go 8-2. BTW, how do you have your Sol speced in the middle tree? I'm assuming the sight is shortgaze.

Cruxist

fuck this game sometimes

Zoba, you are truly legend for shepherding so many lost souls to the lighthouse.

Ran up against you and your team at one point with my scrubby PvE clan. I warned them ahead of time that we weren't going to win, but they thought I was messing with them when I said I knew who you were.

I'd love to get on one of those trains, but I also really want to earn that armor myself. Thought I had it with a PUG last night, but they bailed after three wins. The next two folks I found were... less than desirable. I left my ticket in limbo with 3 wins, 2 losses. This weekend, I'm going to get that gear.

fuck this game sometimes

Hey man you're awesome still for doing what you did, along with Unstable. You can't carry everyone. Your power going out and you being tired after that long is out of your control.

When it's in a good competitive match type such as Iron Banner and ToO, it's uncalled for especially when the match was close or they didn't do anything to warrant such mockery. I'm all for people having their fun too. Isn't that was dancing is for?

I just don't see a difference between dancing and teabagging. It's more or less the same thing. Either way folks can knock themselves out with either as far as in concerned. I don't waste my time doing either as I'm more concerned with killing the other team they playing silly meta mind games with other people.

fuck this game sometimes

I think ppl will understand.

What the hell? I thought you were supposed to get one exotic per week out of the PoE chest? I only got a crappy legendary weapon.

What the hell is the point of doing any of these PoE events after you get 34?

gatti-man

I can't work out what they wanted from PVE loot this time around.

• No reliable way to obtain keys each week and the keys themselves not really giving you much
  • The exotic bounty being a low chance drop
  • Elemental primaries being a low chance drop
  • Beating the 35 version and opening the chest gives only cosmetic items - why the fuck does getting to mercury seemingly guarantee an elemental primary yet Skolas does not?
  • Why is it possible for people to beat 35 PoE and miss out on the cosmetic stuff because they don't have a key? For the first week at least this was not explained at all, so there would have been plenty of people who missed out.
  • Variks constantly giving out strength rolls on gear. I really hope that wasn't an intentional decision from Bungie to add longevity to this activity...
  • All of the fallen weapons losing a perk slot for the bullshit +damage fallen perks, despite both VoG and CE having the related +damage as an extra and not occupying a slot that can render a weapon useless (raid rocket launcher cant roll tracking/grenades & horseshoes because of that fucking fallen perk). Ascended weapons from old raids will beat these weapons, hands down, as those weapons do not lose out on the perk slot.
Bungie :(
The keys fall from chests. They aren't supposed to be an easy drop. Weapons and loot in general are much looser with this DLC so I'm not sure what you are complaining about. You are also comparing raid weapons to just normal legendaries. These aren't raid weapons and it sounds like Bungie has a raid they are going to release before September that will probably have more powerful gear.

Variks giving out strength roll gear I'm sure is to penalize people relying on that way to become 34 as opposed to using etheric light on your old (raid) gear. Over time it will have better stats and I'm sure this is on purpose and its intelligent design honestly.

gatti-man

What the hell? I thought you were supposed to get one exotic per week out of the PoE chest? I only got a crappy legendary weapon.

Etheric light. Levels up any old legendary to max stats. New weapons. Leveling up old armor to max value. POE is the best thing to come to destiny rewards wise bc etheric light is guaranteed.

Also just running the level 28 gives you rolls. I got another last word and suros running it last night a few times.

You do 34 and 35 to get a chance at the bounties. Besides that there's really no reason to. 35 also has a shader and ship, but that's not worth it to me.

lol, good question. Etheric light? I know I won't bother once I get a few more weapons to 365. WoC, blackhammer, corrective measure, done.

fuck this game sometimes

Ah man that sucks. I had similar luck last night - my PS4 shut itself off in the middle of a match. RIP. Still, you and unstable are doing gods work. Is the signup link the same for next week?

I just don't see a difference between dancing and teabagging. It's more or less the same thing. Either way folks can knock themselves out with either as far as in concerned. I don't waste my time doing either as I'm more concerned with killing the other team they playing silly meta mind games with other people.

theyre both taunts but its easy to see which is more "sportsmanlike". teabagging other players is trashy.

people do it though primarily because it makes the other person upset and distracted. and it usually works.

Lnkn52

Nghtly #1 top player on PS.

Yeah, he's good.

post-62921-Ace-Ventura-hes-good-with-my-h-DWRd.gif

This week skelos is arc burn not solar burn.

You can kill skelos with 365 arc sniper (P&T) + thunderlord + weapons of light before the mines count down, basically same spot as the galla kill but you need someone with the sniper headshots to keep him staggered. I'm not sure if 3x snipers would be better or 2x + thunderlord or 1x + 2 thunderlords. You still will probably need to send someone at 15 secs into the first mine while the other two finish off the boss, or hope the first mine is at kill point.

Either way as everyone has said there really isn't much point in doing skelos at 35, the weapons are crap the extra tiny shot at a bounty is almost certainly going to disappoint and the big chest is the same drop table. At this point if you are good enough to kill Skelos you are probably all 34 anyways so who cares about more cores, and you are far better off getting a good team practicing for TOO if you just want etheric lights since it rains down in that mode.

theyre both taunts but its easy to see which is more "sportsmanlike". teabagging other players is trashy.

people do it though primarily because it makes the other person upset and distracted. and it usually works.

A dance is a celebration. A teabag is a taunt/sign of disrespect.

If I get a triple kill in ToO, you bet your ass I'm dancing (while keeping my shotgun in the direction of the Sunsinger Ghost).

Tea bagging I only do as a retaliation because I know it probably upsets them a hell of a lot more than it upsets me.

Teabagging is like psychological warfare. If you can get yourself immune to it, it can become quite hilarious and a great tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom