• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Ugh so the chest piece is all strength, that's been all the armor so far. The fusion perk is shanks, hurray... I'll get one of the fusions but may take my chance on the packages this time around.

Shito

That being said, I lost a round in Trials got danced and teabagged on, I then proceeded to destroy them the next five and sent my first flame message to the guy....
The first loss I've seen of Unstable's stream was against a team of teabaggers, from their very first kill. Unstable's team lost 5-4, and while he acknowledged the skills of the opposing team and the quality of the whole match, he emphasized the fact that this lack of respect was not cool at all, and tarnished their otherwise impressive performance as a team.

I'm really happy about all the little details and subtleties Bungie put in the game to nurture the good-will of its players, and create this awesome community. Stuff like no friendly fire in patrol, or the fact that you can't "steal" some stranger's kill because everyone around gets credited for it, are things nobody talk about but that go a long way into creating this mood of people wanting to help each others rather than to be dicks.
I don't want it to change, even in PVP, and even if I don't play much PVP.

Are solar shotguns really that hard to obtain? Got this from a PoE drop:

4KZ8gnm.jpg

Its my baby. Don't care for Cascade but too afraid to reroll it because I don't want to lose Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel.

RemiLP

Bungie openly said they don't want that toxic feel, that's why it took MONTHS to get any form of public voice chat enabled, so although it'd be nice, it's not going to happen for a long looooong time.

That being said, I lost a round in Trials got danced and teabagged on, I then proceeded to destroy them the next five and sent my first flame message to the guy....

Imo, all they need to do to make pvp more fun and competetive, is to add a rank system like halo. Win, and go up in rank and face better competetion. Lose and you go down. Dont think people need to flame to get competetive.

noomi

I wonder how many people got banned over the weekend trying to cheat in Trials. Truly sad.

Do they actually ban people though, ones we report? I assume your talking about the ddosers and lag-switcher people?

I've had only one experience with them, shit was infuriating.

I don't care when people dance/point/wave in PvP. But teabagging is immature.

Same here man, I'm all for good sportsmanship. If we lose, then so be it... but if you teabag me.... god help you. It's like calling Marty McFly a chicken... bad things happen.

what-s-the-matter-mcfly-chicken-o.gif

spyder_ur

OT23|(PoE)The inmates are running the asylum

:p

How did they get mines and weapons in there, anyway?

I like how we are able to disarm Skolas with very little effort in the story mission, then we go to the Prison of Elders and while in prison he has somehow grown in power 10 fold and acquired a horde of minion followers. Very, very poorly run correctional facility.

Bungie openly said they don't want that toxic feel, that's why it took MONTHS to get any form of public voice chat enabled, so although it'd be nice, it's not going to happen for a long looooong time.

"Toxic"......zzzzz

I swear, the day parties where added and the day everyone became too sensitive to do a little smack talking or at least just mute a douche to not ruin the fun for others was the day online gaming died for me a little.

I'm sure it also has to do with the game having a T rating.

I guess it's okay tho since Trials is like salt & tears mountain already.Dudes already on the verge of snapping their controllers in half after a stomping, let alone if they really rubbed it in.

Jinjo

Wow. Sad. What is the class makeup of their team?

Two Hunters and a Warlock. They're swapping out the poor 'Lock for a Titan now. They're not using Thunderlord either for some reason.

"too much recoil" he gives as the reason for not using Thunderlord. Aim better, man. Jolder's Hammer DPS (what he is using now) is nowhere near Thunderlord's.

Waldini

Teabagging ... NGHHHHHHH.

Enemy team took us down pretty quick. We were "down" 3-2. Our Warlock had a super and activated it the moment that guy teabagged him. Our Warlock said all kinds of nasty things. He quickly revived me ... and got downed. After the initial teabagging (and my ressurection) I activated my Golden Gun and decimated all three of them.

Same here man, I'm all for good sportsmanship. If we lose, then so be it... but if you teabag me.... god help you. It's like calling Marty McFly a chicken... bad things happen.

If we lose, we lose. Simple as that. We'll even admit they are the better team. But teabagging because others got lucky? Nah. The moment someone teabags me, tactics go out the window. They better hide. Cause I'll rip them a new one.

Skele7on

Banned
The first loss I've seen of Unstable's stream was against a team of teabaggers, from their very first kill. Unstable's team lost 5-4, and while he acknowledged the skills of the opposing team and the quality of the whole match, he emphasized the fact that this lack of respect was not cool at all, and tarnished their otherwise impressive performance as a team.

I'm really happy about all the little details and subtleties Bungie put in the game to nurture the good-will of its players, and create this awesome community. Stuff like no friendly fire in patrol, or the fact that you can't "steal" some stranger's kill because everyone around gets credited for it, are things nobody talk about but that go a long way into creating this mood of people wanting to help each others rather than to be dicks.
I don't want it to change, even in PVP, and even if I don't play much PVP.

I love PVP and the fact I'm in a fairly well known clan and play with a lot of youtubers ect mean I'm more open to a full on tea bag assault if I die/lose a round, I like it being competitive, but honestly why anyone would teabag after one round is ridiculous, they just made me angry and that ended in the next five rounds my team and I utterly destroying them and becoming so focused on getting that win it put them at a disadvantage.

Imo, all they need to do to make pvp more fun and competetive, is to add a rank system like halo. Win, and go up in rank and face better competetion. Lose and you go down. Dont think people need to flame to get competetive.

If they put in a ranking system and some more objective games CTF/Oddball I would just cry and lose my mind, it'd be the greatest thing ever.

Teabagging ... NGHHHHHHH.

Enemy team took us down pretty quick. We were "down" 3-2. Our Warlock had a super and activated it the moment that guy teabagged him. Our Warlock said all kinds of nasty things. He quickly revived me ... and got downed. After the initial teabagging (and my ressurection) I activated my Golden Gun and decimated all three of them.

Teabagging. Just show some goddamn respect.

I only ever teabag other players when they're triple thorn/felwinter blade dancers with blink, because guys as seriously if you're running that class setup, you deserve nothing but the bag.

nOoblet16

"Toxic"......zzzzz

I swear, the day parties where added and the day everyone became too sensitive to do a little smack talking or at least just mute a douche to not ruin the fun for others was the day online gaming died for me a little.

I'm sure it also has to do with the game having a T rating.

I guess it's okay tho since Trials is like salt & tears mountain already.Dudes already on the verge of snapping their controllers in half after a stomping, let alone if they really rubbed it in.

I firmly believe that you cannot have competitive gaming without a bit of vocal aggression from both sides, be it friendly or rivalry. Even when playing Gears against friends at a high skill level we used to make fun of the guys in the other team after each round and so. Ofcourse when playing with strangers you have to be respectful at the same time (so no teabagging, no personal insults etc).

phen0m24

I wonder how many people got banned over the weekend trying to cheat in Trials. Truly sad.

I did not cheat in the Trials.

Guess many can be glad "carrying" is not considered cheating or gaming the system

In other news, I really like the look and feel of the Wolfslayer's Claw. It looks ominous on the screen, but wish it sounded a bit more heavy - in between an AR and MG somehow, maybe. A unique sound akin to another interesting weapon in the game, perhaps?

What weapon is he selling this week?

Shito

Are solar shotguns really that hard to obtain? Got this from a PoE drop:

Its my baby. Don't care for Cascade but too afraid to reroll it because I don't want to lose Rangefinder and Rifled Barrel.
I got this from a Dead Orbit package:

XS0dkcO.png

Rolled as this, straight away.
Range will be doubled by Reinforced Barrel, with the loss of stability being compensated by Soft Ballistics. Full Auto and Luck in the Chamber.
I ain't afraid of no Centurions anymore!

ocean

Banned
Blah not many people on and no one biting for Level 35 PoE

Got Nightfall x3 done and PoE 28-34 done on my Titan.

More PoE tonight!
I'll be home in 2 and a half hours and I'd love to try 35 if you haven't run it. Sorry I was scrubbing it up last night in ToO, it was nearly 5am when you joined and I just wasn't reacting well :p

Skele7on

Banned
I saw some lag switcher cheaters but managed to beat em.

Didn't really see any major cheating in trials all weekend...

Or they tried to and failed.

Waldini

Next to none, I guess.

We encountered many, many cheaters. People who are invincible. Use lag-switches (red-bar connections when 3-0 behind), disconnects and other stuff. O well, nothing we can do about this I guess Fig.

I saw some lag switcher cheaters but managed to beat em. Didn't really see any major cheating in trials all weekend... Or they tried to and failed.

We had a Fireteam of 3 being invincible. Others where invisible (but we managed to win that one). Other team used lag-switching to jump all across the fucking map. Aaaaaaaand we had a squad that managed to keep running into the goddamn walls and still kill us. We'd see the enemy player facing the wall and dishing out headshots for days. Made me furious.

Bizazedo

If the difficulty is there and it´s well balanced then the higher difficulty makes it to a better experience once you complete it.

Agreed under normal circumstances. I just don't think it's well-balanced, especially when we just Gjallahorned everything to death.

Hell, last week we only had two Gjallys and still just blasted Skolas into little itty bitty bits, ignoring the mechanics.

Lnkn52

For your first time beating him, yes.
After that, though, there's really no use in saving one for him: all his good stuff drop on his death!

So no guaranteed exotic drop for taking down the "raid boss" every week? That is just butts? Where's the end game loot for PoE? Do I need to kill Skolas 9 times flawlessly then?

Waldini

Prison of Elders is alot of fun. However, the loot you receive in the end is ... disappointing, to say the least.

I've seen several people grab the PoE end-game weaponry. All I got was Queen's Weapons which got sharded the minute I got them.

I feel Bungie should've made PoE more rewarding. Especially the 34/35 variant. Have gear drop at one-boss. Drop gear at end-boss. Give (potential) gear out of the big chest (which requires a key). That way, you are on par with Raid-drops. Still, everything is RNG and you might not receive a goddamn thing.

Now, you are left at the mercy of a Vendor which is selling gear with +STR. Might be Bungie's way to keep us playing untill the next big DLC though.

nOoblet16

I think I've lost interest in PvE.

I am honestly bored of running the same strikes and same missions over and over again, I absolutely do not want to play CE anymore and VoG is good but very few people actually play it. That leaves me with PoE which is

1) not as fun and doesn't feel as good with just 3 people
2) full of bullshit modifiers

Shito

So no guaranteed exotic drop for taking down the "raid boss" every week? That is just butts? Where's the end game loot for PoE? Do I need to kill Skolas 9 times flawlessly then?
As always for PVE end game loot: it's in RNG!
You have to kill Skolas enough times for him to drop his (crappy) elemental primaries!
Yeah!
Fun!

so what is the difference from the lvl 35 chest and say lvl 32.34 chest?
After the first time you open up the 35 chest: none.
You get the emblem and the shader the first time, after that it's just the same chest as all the other ones (including PoE 28).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom