• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used armor and weapon core and got kellbreakers mind helm, gnarly

I was thinking of gambling my cores from last week due to the ToO chest being a fine replacement for what Varik is offering my warlock.

Has anyone here gambled and got armor for another class or does it appear to only give gear for the class doing the gamble?

A dance is a celebration. A teabag is a taunt/sign of disrespect.

If I get a triple kill in ToO, you bet your ass I'm dancing (while keeping my shotgun in the direction of the Sunsinger Ghost).

Tea bagging I only do as a retaliation because I know it probably upsets them a hell of a lot more than it upsets me.

Teabagging is like psychological warfare. If you can get yourself immune to it, it can become quite hilarious and a great tool.

celebration is a good way to put it. i just think of them in terms of smash bros taunts. i guess you can teabag in that game too.

SkylineRKR

The keys fall from chests. They aren't supposed to be an easy drop. Weapons and loot in general are much looser with this DLC so I'm not sure what you are complaining about. You are also comparing raid weapons to just normal legendaries. These aren't raid weapons and it sounds like Bungie has a raid they are going to release before September that will probably have more powerful gear.

Variks giving out strength roll gear I'm sure is to penalize people relying on that way to become 34 as opposed to using etheric light on your old (raid) gear. Over time it will have better stats and I'm sure this is on purpose and its intelligent design honestly.

I think keys are fine. It seems to be a guaranteed big loot drop per character each week, bigger than Atheon and Crota on a good day. Even on the lowest setting.

LTWood12

This week skelos is arc burn not solar burn.

You can kill skelos with 365 arc sniper (P&T) + thunderlord + weapons of light before the mines count down, basically same spot as the galla kill but you need someone with the sniper headshots to keep him staggered. I'm not sure if 3x snipers would be better or 2x + thunderlord or 1x + 2 thunderlords. You still will probably need to send someone at 15 secs into the first mine while the other two finish off the boss, or hope the first mine is at kill point.

Either way as everyone has said there really isn't much point in doing skelos at 35, the weapons are crap the extra tiny shot at a bounty is almost certainly going to disappoint and the big chest is the same drop table. At this point if you are good enough to kill Skelos you are probably all 34 anyways so who cares about more cores, and you are far better off getting a good team practicing for TOO if you just want etheric lights since it rains down in that mode.

Should be easier overall since he can't one-shot you.

Shito

I think keys are fine. It seems to be a guaranteed big loot drop per character each week, bigger than Atheon and Crota on a good day. Even on the lowest setting.
From what we've heard today, the guaranteed exotic was for your first time ever on a character: it does not reset on each week.
After that you are guaranteed a (crappy) queen's weapon, and you have a small chance at an exotic.
It's not worth farming those keys.

Daemul

The first loss I've seen of Unstable's stream was against a team of teabaggers, from their very first kill. Unstable's team lost 5-4, and while he acknowledged the skills of the opposing team and the quality of the whole match, he emphasized the fact that this lack of respect was not cool at all, and tarnished their otherwise impressive performance as a team.

Wat. Unstable ffs, it was just banter.

Cmon-Son.gif

People take this shit too personally. If you're getting rattled by something as inconsequential as teabagging in Destiny then may the lord have mercy on your soul because there's no way you could handle the hardcore ribbing that went on in Gears.

Maybe I'm just immune to this shit now but it's part of competitive play, sports stars on the field wind up their opponents in order to get under their skin and get them to lose focus, it's a proven method of success.

That just sounds like the same boring ranking junk from H3-Reach.

Idk. I just must be an asshole then. I don't teabag or dance (unless it's been done to me), and I'm not the type to send stupid messages, and I'm actually pleased when someone beats me to messaging, "great games" to a worthy opponent, but Gears man....those execution matches on Mansion, the pre shit talk, running routes with the squad, killing off one dude then dying and being thrown in chat with a salty enemy to watch the rest of the round play out, pulling a clutch and going into a channel full of hurled insults and minds being lost, omg. Those where different times. I don't think that kind of online gaming is coming back for consoles.

107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

Hopefully Gears 4 brings it back.

theyre both taunts but its easy to see which is more "sportsmanlike". teabagging other players is trashy.

people do it though primarily because it makes the other person upset and distracted. and it usually works.

Damn right it works, people let it get to them way too easily.

From what we've heard today, the guaranteed exotic was for your first time ever on a character: it does not reset on each week.
After that you are guaranteed a (crappy) queen's weapon, and you have a small chance at an exotic.
It's not worth farming those keys.

Farm RNG keys for the chance at a RNG exotic, sounds great!

I'll pass on keys. If I get them that's great, but I'm not going out of my way to farm them.

I wonder if the people that teabag, if you teabag them back do they get upset? It would seem like most if not all wouldn't care since they do it. So teabagging back (as a retaliation) seems pointless. Just Dance!

zewone

That just sounds like the same boring ranking junk from H3-Reach.

Idk. I just must be an asshole then. I don't teabag or dance (unless it's been done to me), and I'm not the type to send stupid messages, and I'm actually pleased when someone beats me to messaging, "great games" to a worthy opponent, but Gears man....those execution matches on Mansion, the pre shit talk, running routes with the squad, killing off one dude then dying and being thrown in chat with a salty enemy to watch the rest of the round play out, pulling a clutch and going into a channel full of hurled insults and minds being lost, omg. Those where different times. I don't think that kind of online gaming is coming back for consoles.

That brings me back. Party chat is amazing, but I do miss shit talking idiots on the opposing team.

Gears da best, mang.

Shito

People take this shit too personally. If you're getting rattled by something as inconsequential as teabagging in Destiny then may the lord have mercy on your soul because there's no way you could handle the hardcore ribbing that went on in Gears.

Maybe I'm just immune to this shit now but it's part of competitive play, sports stars on the field wind up their opponents in order to get under their skin and get them to lose focus, it's a proven method of success.
I come from the fighting game community on GAF, so I know a few things about "trashy talking" in competitive play, taunts in matches and whatnots. ^^
Still, I've always found it a bit stupid, to be honest: this kind of shits work against beginners, but after a while people learn to recognize it for what it is and stop rushing against an opponent that taunted / teabagged. In high level play this kind of "tactic" just becomes useless and is only ever used to be disrespectful.

Do you need a key to get the rewards at the end. The core, and light?

No. Those are guaranteed once a week per char. The key is for the big chest which you get a legendary and an exotic chance (guaranteed exotic for your first time opening it with that char), and maybe cosmetics.

Level 35 big chest gives you emblem/ship/shader for the first time you open it regardless of character. I'm guessing they'll fix it so you can get it with your other chars as well.

No, you get those as soon as the countdown timer starts when someone opens any of the chests.

So pretty much no reason to farm keys then. If the Queens weapons were better I would. But at this point I would only do it for the core and light. No reason to really farm keys after you get that first free exotic.

yesterday I finished another templar kill, only to not get fatebringer yet again. Before throwing the controller again the wall I decided to get the chest before the gorgon maze. While making my way down and yelling every curse word I could think of I got to the chest and guess what was inside waiting for me......Gjallarhorn!!! Fucking finally. I know I am late to the party but at least I made it.

App needs to be fixed. Says I've completed all the PoE but i haven't started this week.

So PoE does reset at 4am CST typical destiny reset? I would have thought noon CST like when HoW came out.

Langy

Any raid parties forming at all? Feel the need to do some raiding, and pray to RNGesus for a nice exotic something or other ( #foreverhornless ).

Shito

yesterday I finished another templar kill, only to not get fatebringer yet again. Before throwing the controller again the wall I decided to get the chest before the gorgon maze. While making my way down and yelling every curse word I could think of I got to the chest and guess what was inside waiting for me......Gjallarhorn!!! Fucking finally. I know I am late to the party but at least I made it.
Congrats!
Did my first HM Templar this week-end, expecting that my luck would give me a Fatebringer right away.
It did not, but the girl carrying the relic for us finally got hers, after countless tries, so it was still a successful moment of celebration. :)

0-9 on trials

This shit is hard if you:

-are not 34
-casual pvp player
-don't have thorn

Also, if you don't get kills you don't get a super, heavily skews match towards the 'better' pvp players

Highlight was brute force winning a match by bum rushing them when they hid only to have their warlock revive then jump jump jump around and get a Titan up who just use his lvl34 revive shield to wreck our shit and go on to win the match.

Unfortunately ToO might not be me. I'll try again at 34

I hear you. I wish they'd have a filtering system for your opponents. 33s and 34s shouldn't mix too often. As a team of 33s We'd crush other 33 teams but as soon as we saw teams of all 34s we just couldn't overcome the advantage they had and they'd constantly edge us out.

Damn right it works, people let it get to them way too easily.

nobody good who is worth playing does it.

losing to teabaggers doesnt bother me. in fact, stomping on them the next game without so much as batting an eye makes them more upset. is basically saying " i dont acknowledge you as an equal opponent but as a waste of my time"

RIP post game rage messages

zewone

I hear you. I wish they'd have a filtering system for your opponents. 33s and 34s shouldn't mix too often. As a team of 33s We'd crush other 33 teams but as soon as we saw teams of all 34s we just couldn't overcome the advantage they had and they'd constantly edge us out.

34s do 1% more damage and take 1% less if I remember correctly.

Level "advantage" is not the issue.

noomi

App needs to be fixed. Says I've completed all the PoE but i haven't started this week.

So PoE does reset at 4am CST typical destiny reset? I would have thought noon CST like when HoW came out.

Yep, that's the regular reset time for Tuesday.

losing to teabaggers doesnt bother me. in fact, stomping on them the next game without so much as batting an eye makes them more upset. is basically saying " i dont acknowledge you as an equal opponent but as a waste of my time"

I'm a little disappointed I don't get anywhere near the hate mail I used to get in my Halo days.

I don't know if its a PSN v XBL thing or what.

Congrats! Still waiting for a GH since day 1 (with a month and a half break in March and April). You'll get your fartbringer eventually.

stb

Tuesday evening raiders: Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming?

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

Please do 3 things this week:
1) confirm your availability
2) indicate your time preference
3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

Draft Itinerary:
- NM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- NM CE full (my baby hunter needs armor drops!)
- NM DS/Crota 3x
- HM DS/Crota 3x (we should be able to do this with the level increases; let's get those Cruxes, people) (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons through GK
- HM Atheon 3x
(as time allows, of course, but with our level and armor rating buffs, we should be able to stroll through this)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode)
4) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
5) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
6) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

NF/PoE
1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52)
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) [might be up to raid if necessary]
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) [may be around to do raid activities after]

Alts
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

Lima

I have a hard time reviving people and doing anything else. If I'm going to revive I basically need to completely stop and not move to get you up. I might be able to move forwards and back though... that's about it.

Some players are able to move around, aim, shoot while reviving. The heck?

They either use the claw method to use your index finger on the face buttons. Pretty uncomfortable but if you played years like this you are pretty much used to it.

The other option is to use a Scuf gaming controller. I use one with two paddles and A and X mapped to them. Playing with puppeteer control scheme this means I can jump while aiming using one paddle, I can revive with the other paddle and still turn and aim while reviving and I can also shotgun slide and still aim because crouch is on the right stick.
I don't have to tell you that knee pads is my favorite perk in shotguns.

PuMa

Agreed. It's just like any aggressive/bullying tactic. It's immature in most examples, and people do it because it's a taunt in their mind. If you ignore it, it takes away any power they thought they might have with it. Talk with your guns instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom