• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
They either use the claw method to use your index finger on the face buttons. Pretty uncomfortable but if you played years like this you are pretty much used to it.

The other option is to use a Scuf gaming controller. I use one with two paddles and A and X mapped to them. Playing with puppeteer control scheme this means I can jump while aiming using one paddle, I can revive with the other paddle and still turn and aim while reviving and I can also shotgun slide and still aim because crouch is on the right stick.
I don't have to tell you that knee pads is my favorite perk in shotguns.

would love one of these. my last word game is already really good on jumper, but then add crouching into the mix?

ghandi lives

Just realized I'm at #717 for ToO, not too shabby!

Also, if people teabag me/us, you can be damn sure I'm gonna pull every dirty trick I know to screw you over. No remorse.

We went 0-2 against a team that started teabagging us. Needless to say, we destroyed them 5-2 in subsequent rounds.

patchday

The few times I've gotten teabagged in Destiny it's been by people playing a female character. That's not even a teabag :)

I rarely pay attention to people names in the game so I don't really care one way or another. I'll forget them as soon as the match is over

PuMa

They either use the claw method to use your index finger on the face buttons. Pretty uncomfortable but if you played years like this you are pretty much used to it.

The other option is to use a Scuf gaming controller. I use one with two paddles and A and X mapped to them. Playing with puppeteer control scheme this means I can jump while aiming using one paddle, I can revive with the other paddle and still turn and aim while reviving and I can also shotgun slide and still aim because crouch is on the right stick.
I don't have to tell you that knee pads is my favorite perk in shotguns.

Those Scuf controllers are amazing...so expensive though.

noomi

oh so skrolas is arc burn now? i actually have a thunderlord

swiggity swooty coming for that looty

People are saying to bring arc snipers and just down him as quickly as possible. I'll try my patience and time with extra ammo perk today/tomorrow and see how it fares.

The few times I've gotten teabagged in Destiny it's been by people playing a female character. That's not even a teabag :)

LOL good point. But chances are, they're a man in a woman's body.

LMFAO, this made me laugh....

camelbag

Haybro

Tuesday evening raiders: Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming?

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

Please do 3 things this week:
1) confirm your availability
2) indicate your time preference
3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

I'm good for 8:30, and I think some OG raiding would be great. We could even give HM crota a run with our newly leveled guardians.

Just realized I'm at #717 for ToO, not too shabby!

Also, if people teabag me/us, you can be damn sure I'm gonna pull every dirty trick I know to screw you over. No remorse.

We went 0-2 against a team that started teabagging us. Needless to say, we destroyed them 5-2 in subsequent rounds.

I think we would've even lost the game if they didn't teabag us. Just the thing we needed to wake up and step up our game.

nOoblet16

I have a hard time reviving people and doing anything else. If I'm going to revive I basically need to completely stop and not move to get you up. I might be able to move forwards and back though... that's about it.

Some players are able to move around, aim, shoot while reviving. The heck?

You can move sideways and jump (not double jump), that's enough if you are a sniper actually.

Finally got Xbone "Guardian Lord" this morning! Had a few close moments, but we 3-manned normal crota for Flawless Raider cheevo. Been putting that off for weeks. Nice to finally have it.

4kR1Oky.png

stb

It's Tuesday already?!

No raiding for me tonight. I'll be devoted to Nightfalls and the Prison of Elders. Should be on around 7:30 central. T-44 has similar plans, but he won't be around until probably 8:30 central.

Thanks for the response. I updated the list to reflect this for you and T-44.

I'm good for 8:30, and I think some OG raiding would be great. We could even give HM crota a run with our newly leveled guardians.

Great!

Deku Tree

Yeah, he's good.

post-62921-Ace-Ventura-hes-good-with-my-h-DWRd.gif

Unstable carrying two at a time and carrying so many people to the light house and ending up at #58 on the list on all consoles and #25 on the PS list is the crazy impressive... Hard to think of things that can top it!

Ok guys, so it's confirmed 4 times already. Bring an ascended arc sniper rifle and thunderlord. Skola has no chance.

Are there videos of this strat yet? Does it go as fast as ghorn? Need to wait for two cooldowns in the airlock? Thx.

Unstable carrying two at a time and carrying so many people to the light house and ending up at #58 on the list on all consoles is the most impressive thing that I know about on that list.

Are there videos of this strat yet? Does it go as fast as ghorn? Need to wait for two cooldowns in the airlock? Thx.

I've seen on reddit people saying it isn't as fast, and you'll need to send someone out to take care of the first mine or two while the other two burn him down the rest of the way.

Lnkn52

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

]

I'll be doing NFs and PoE stuff as well. 9:30 est. So I guess I'll join T-44 and LT if they don't mind.

t0rment

PVE players are getting so screwed in this DLC. another strength armor piece bungie? well fuck you too. and etheric lights are so hard to get on PVE content that they might as well don't exist, while they drop like flies on ToO and will also drop on IB.

Trakan

Void weapon that suppresses a Captin is beyond dumb.

Better than having set elements IMO. I'd rather use a void pulse than my Epilogue.

I hear you. I wish they'd have a filtering system for your opponents. 33s and 34s shouldn't mix too often. As a team of 33s We'd crush other 33 teams but as soon as we saw teams of all 34s we just couldn't overcome the advantage they had and they'd constantly edge us out.

I played the whole thing as a 32/33 and went 9-0 on all characters. There is practically no level disadvantage until you get 3 levels under your opponent.

Hopefully Gears 4 brings it back.

I miss the Gears 1 moonwalk.

Lnkn52

Unstable carrying two at a time and carrying so many people to the light house and ending up at #58 on the list on all consoles is the most impressive thing that I know about on that list.

The main guy was shooting him with just snipers, while some where shooting with Thunderlords. Both thunder lords and the snipers were stun locking him so they were bringing him down the same amount of time like last week. He was able to take him out without a Titan bubble too on a couple of runs. His 35 minute run (full PoE) was with a Titan with WoL for Skola and that was quicker ofcourse but doable without it.

I'm in for 8:30! Running the raids sounds great. I have a new baby Hunter that needs all the raid armor. HM Crota could be fun as well!

Trakan

PVE players are getting so screwed in this DLC. another strength armor piece bungie? well fuck you too. and etheric lights are so hard to get on PVE content that they might as well don't exist, while they drop like flies on ToO and will also drop on IB.

You can get 2 perk week in POE per character. That's not bad at all. You have to go 9-0 to get a third in ToO.

Would assending a sniper have any effect in too? I guess it would be 1 shot to head/2 for body no mather what?

Likely wouldn't matter for the actual direct damage of a sniper, but may impact the side perks.

For example explosive rounds may do 35dmg to nearby targets instead of 24dmg. Final Round may act differently. Things like that.

noomi

Would assending a sniper have any effect in too? I guess it would be 1 shot to head/2 for body no mather what?

Certain snipers would be worth ascending, I would say black hammer and preadyths revenge if you have it.

Actually... I also have a question. I'm going to ascend Preadyths Revenge today, is it always a guaranteed kill on headshot? Even though it has lower impact than most snipers?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
May have to break my No Destiny Tuesday rule tonight, there's so much shtuffs if you're taking things slowly :)

Want to do a 32 PoE on my Titan to drag him up to 34, and then my first 35 PoE, I'll be able to bring my Hunter or Bubblebro. Sounds like ascending some arc sniper before entering is the way to go.

Since I unexpectedly was able to get the Hunter and Titan chest from Vance, I might skip this armor piece and go for a roll or two on the Judgement's Chances.

Haven't experienced Skolas so who knows, but I otherwise like PoE so I'll try to squeeze in as many bouts of it as I can throughout the week... this is one of my favorite Nightfalls as well and I'm actually pumped for the Weekly with this modifier- use a Mythoclast or Universal Remote for double buffed weapons. Feel like running a Dragon train to level up a bunch of stuff I'm just now seeing the value of and do at least the daily Crucible activity on my three characters- I need that coin surplus for the weekend next time!
34s do 1% more damage and take 1% less if I remember correctly.

Level "advantage" is not the issue.
There is a non-zero psychological factor for groups that aren't otherwise confident in PvP; seeing a full group of 34s, like seeing the 9-0 emblem or a good number of Osiris rewards as gear, can impact the confidence level of a group and subconsciously cause them to play more conservatively, and especially to get frustrated after first- and second-round losses. There are, also, a handful of scenarios in which the slight damage number variance has an impact- for instance, the Thorn two-headshot, I'm fairly certain, will not kill a 34 through ticking DoT if fired by a level 33, and I'm positive it will not if fired by a 32. However, you're right that in large part it's a negligible impact and not often the deciding factor. Soon, everyone will have the chance to be 34 and it will feel like less of a tilt.

It's the same thing with teabagging, to some extent. One of the goals of the training sessions I'm going to start on Sunday will be to condition yourself against these psychological factors, to be able to ignore teabagging, level discrepancies and intimidation in favor of concentrating on every individual engagement. In particularly, busting out a rapid, aggressive first-round win can set the tone of a level playing field or even an advantage for us, even if we're up against a clearly better team. Of course, being able to stomach inevitable losses is a big deal too.

I ran with M3Rocket and pal last night, bleary-eyed and exhausted at like 2:00am. We went 2-3, but one of the losses was 5-4 to a team with a ringer wearing the 9-0 emblem on it. It was razor thin, with just a sliver of health on their self-rezzed warlock left on the elimination round. Even though it was a heartbreaking loss, it was one of my favorite matches so far since starting the Trials, because we really were competing and trading rounds with an ostensibly better team, just through solid communication, strategy adjustment and a lucky kill here and there.

I am sincerely looking forward to getting better at it, which isn't something that typically motivates me in competitive PvP (it massively does for me in PvE, but I was perfectly happy with my level of skill in the regular Crucible and didn't feel an incentive to improve). For delivering that experience alone I really approve of ToO.

ultrazilla

Anyone up for a nightfall?

Have 1 spot left on PSN/PS4

Starting now!

Send FR and join on me!
PSN: kaijuseijin

EDIT
We are full though i will add everyone that sends requests. Gonna do x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom