• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I now have three 34s.

Until I ascend every single top tier weapon of mine to 365 I'm not spending any etheric light on armor. Not worried about the stats.

6 a week from PoE is decent. They should give PvE players a chance to get the same nber as PvP players though.... They should ask give PvE players a better chance to get elemental primaries IMO.

In a few weeks I'm just going to be stockpiling Etheric light for no purpose.

3x NF this week got me garbage. No etheric light.

nOoblet16

Certain snipers would be worth ascending, I would say black hammer and preadyths revenge if you have it.

Actually... I also have a question. I'm going to ascend Preadyths Revenge today, is it always a guaranteed kill on headshot? Even though it has lower impact than most snipers?

Not if you have high armour + buffs, I have a sniper with similar impact and RoF. It does 216-230 damage. If Predyth's is like that then it won't kill enemies that have revival shields on (easy kills otherwise). My other sniper does ~400 with headshot so it's a one shot kill no matter who comes in.

LTWood12

May have to break my No Destiny Tuesday rule tonight, there's so much shtuffs if you're taking things slowly :)

Want to do a 32 PoE on my Titan to drag him up to 34, and then my first 35 PoE, I'll be able to bring my Hunter or Bubblebro. Sounds like ascending some arc sniper before entering is the way to go.

Since I unexpectedly was able to get the Hunter and Titan chest from Vance, I might skip this armor piece and go for a roll or two on the Judgement's Chances.

Haven't experienced Skolas so who knows, but I otherwise like PoE so I'll try to squeeze in as many bouts of it as I can throughout the week... this is one of my favorite Nightfalls as well and I'm actually pumped for the Weekly with this modifier- use a Mythoclast or Universal Remote for double buffed weapons. Feel like running a Dragon train to level up a bunch of stuff I'm just now seeing the value of and do at least the daily Crucible activity on my three characters- I need that coin surplus for the weekend next time!

There is a non-zero psychological factor for groups that aren't otherwise confident in PvP; seeing a full group of 34s, like seeing the 9-0 emblem or a good number of Osiris rewards as gear, can impact the confidence level of a group and subconsciously cause them to play more conservatively, and especially to get frustrated after first- and second-round losses. There are, also, a handful of scenarios in which the slight damage number variance has an impact- for instance, the Thorn two-headshot, I'm fairly certain, will not kill a 34 through ticking DoT if fired by a level 33, and I'm positive it will not if fired by a 32. However, you're right that in large part it's a negligible impact and not often the deciding factor. Soon, everyone will have the chance to be 34 and it will feel like less of a tilt.

It's the same thing with teabagging, to some extent. One of the goals of the training sessions I'm going to start on Sunday will be to condition yourself against these psychological factors, to be able to ignore teabagging, level discrepancies and intimidation in favor of concentrating on every individual engagement. In particularly, busting out a rapid, aggressive first-round win can set the tone of a level playing field or even an advantage for us, even if we're up against a clearly better team. Of course, being able to stomach inevitable losses is a big deal too.

I ran with M3Rocket and pal last night, bleary-eyed and exhausted at like 2:00am. We went 2-3, but one of the losses was 5-4 to a team with a ringer wearing the 9-0 emblem on it. It was razor thin, with just a sliver of health on their self-rezzed warlock left on the elimination round. Even though it was a heartbreaking loss, it was one of my favorite matches so far since starting the Trials, because we really were competing and trading rounds with an ostensibly better team, just through solid communication, strategy adjustment and a lucky kill here and there.

I am sincerely looking forward to getting better at it, which isn't something that typically motivates me in competitive PvP (it massively does for me in PvE, but I was perfectly happy with my level of skill in the regular Crucible and didn't feel an incentive to improve). For delivering that experience alone I really approve of ToO.

So much Truth here. Even when it was you, me, and Wallach we were getting real close against some really good teams. We were focusing on each round as it's own battle, and having a good time. I love this mode so much, and I can't wait to improve.

Holler at me if you want to roll some PoE or Nightfalls w/ me and T-44. I'd like to take down Skolas tonight.

Deku Tree

Tuesday evening raiders: Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming?

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

Please do 3 things this week:
1) confirm your availability
2) indicate your time preference
3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

Draft Itinerary:
- NM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons 3x (anyone have this CP?)
- NM CE full (my baby hunter needs armor drops!)
- NM DS/Crota 3x
- HM DS/Crota 3x (we should be able to do this with the level increases; let's get those Cruxes, people) (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons through GK
- HM Atheon 3x
(as time allows, of course, but with our level and armor rating buffs, we should be able to stroll through this)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
5) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??

NF/PoE
1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52)

Alts
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

I was planning to try to do PoE stuff tonight. Not sure though. If someone needs help and I'm on then send me an invite.

noomi

Not if you have high armour + buffs, I have a sniper with similar impact and RoF. It does 216-230 damage. If that's similar for Predyth's then it won't kill enemies that have revival shields on (easy kills otherwise).

Gotcha, thanks for that info.

I just love the stability and RoF on the Revenge, I've started sniping a bit more in crucible and while the Black Hammer gets it done, I feel I could do better with Preadyths Revenge.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Haha holy shit. A Nighthawk Golden Gun can one-shot a Gatekeeper. Golden Gun in PVE redeemed.
goddamnit I must have it.
Wow!
Didn't think about that!
Is it confirmed this works?
Time to get my UR out of the closet if so!
Yep, confirmed. In the weekly heroic with no Lightswitch and checkpoints, UR all the way.

In PoE rounds with it or future Nightfall was that include both Lightswitch and the secondary buff, Mythoclast can shine.

zewone

There is a non-zero psychological factor for groups that aren't otherwise confident in PvP; seeing a full group of 34s, like seeing the 9-0 emblem or a good number of Osiris rewards as gear, can impact the confidence level of a group and subconsciously cause them to play more conservatively, and especially to get frustrated after first- and second-round losses. There are, also, a handful of scenarios in which the slight damage number variance has an impact- for instance, the Thorn two-headshot, I'm fairly certain, will not kill a 34 through ticking DoT if fired by a level 33, and I'm positive it will not if fired by a 32. However, you're right that in large part it's a negligible impact and not often the deciding factor. Soon, everyone will have the chance to be 34 and it will feel like less of a tilt.

I played as 32 or 33 and went 9-0 a total of four times.

It's more important to have better gear (primary reloading gloves that match the primary you're using, 100% super load out) than to be level 34.

lt519

Might be time to dust off the arc LDR and ascend it

I need Celestial Nighthawk in my life.

I wish went further than spending 300 motes for it. Got the Titan exotic but that Celestial Nighthawk looks amazing.

Anyone else considering ascending Fang of Ir Yut?

Dave_6

After the exciting to some, disappointing to others, welcome change of pace to most with HoW's PoE and ToO last week, how does everyone feel like cleansing their palate with some OG Raiding this week?

I was talking to Dave_6 and Capt_Verde last night, and at least the 3 of us are of the opinion that PoEs go fast enough that we can rely on GAF/group PUGs to run whatever we want of them each week.

I'm not sure if the rest of the Team1 regulars, or the Team 2/Alts are more attached to having scheduled PoE each week though.

3) let me know if you want to prioritize raiding, PoE, or want to mix PoE runs into the itinerary

Draft Itinerary:
- NM DS/Crota 3x
- HM DS/Crota 3x (we should be able to do this with the level increases; let's get those Cruxes, people) (anyone have this CP?)
- HM Gorgons through GK
- HM Atheon 3x
(as time allows, of course, but with our level and armor rating buffs, we should be able to stroll through this)

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
5) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
6) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??

Sounds good to me, and the time allows me to get home and grab something to eat first.

Shito

I wish went further than spending 300 motes for it. Got the Titan exotic but that Celestial Nighthawk looks amazing.
I didn't want to convert my stack of shards just now, because I really want that quadruple-jump boots for Hunters, but I'm also starting to regret not going all in.
All of my friends who did all got it, so it doesn't help...

Sullichin

ToO is the most fun I've had in this game in a long time. Went 8-2 and then 5-1 (then my card reset because the last game was after the reset). I can't wait for it to come back. Games are so intense.

I got the regular TOO emblem (not exotic), but it went into the ether because I had no emblem slots. :/

Also got-
The Scholar - This is the best Scout rifle I've used in Crucible. Makes sense as a TOO weapon I suppose. Would be nice to have an adept version, but in Crucible it doesn't matter. Not going to make me stop maining TLW but it's a great gun that I'm sure I will use a lot.
Chest piece
Etheric Light x2 (one each from the top two package rewards iirc)
The Summoner auto rifle. I just assume it's bad

One run through TOO was enough to go from 32->34. Mercury is definitely in reach. Came close. Next week I'll get there.

Looking for 2 people interested in running a reset train with one character (maybe 2 if it doesn't take too long.)

Planning on tackling things in this order:

NF -> Weekly Heroic -> Daily Crucible (for passage coins) -> Petra bounties ->
PoE 28->32->34->35

Anyone want to join?
My PSN is same as GAF ID.

lt519

I didn't want to convert my stack of shards just now, because I really want that quadruple-jump boots for Hunters, but I'm also starting to regret not going all in.
All of my friends who did all got it, so it doesn't help...

I don't think he ever sells exotic boot engrams? Or not that I remember. I have like 200 more motes I could of spent, but there's so many helmets the odds of getting Celestial were actually pretty low.

coy

Looking for 2 people interested in running a reset train with one character (maybe 2 if it doesn't take too long.)

PoE 28->32->34->35

Anyone want to join?
I've got a 33 Hunter interested in this. Can sub someone in for the 35 if you wish.

PSN: coyquettish

lt519

Treasure Keys are dumb.

Just what are these treasure chests even made of? Adamantium? I mean we are freaking Guardians and we can't find a way to dismantle one of these. Ever hear of lock picking?

Obligatory
funny-pictures-fallout-auto-530501.jpeg

Shito

I don't think he ever sells exotic boot engrams? Or not that I remember. I have like 200 more motes I could of spent, but there's so many helmets the odds of getting Celestial were actually pretty low.
I can guarantee you he will start selling boots engrams the day my stack of motes fall under 20... :D

Haha holy shit. A Nighthawk Golden Gun can one-shot a Gatekeeper. Golden Gun in PVE redeemed.
I assume it has to be a crit shot, right? Still, amazing.

Treasure Keys are dumb.
This.

Just what are these treasure chests even made of? Adamantium? I mean we are freaking Guardians and we can't find a way to dismantle one of these. Ever hear of lock picking?
My crew tried shooting 21 Horns at it. Didn't even budge. That chest is a lot tougher than Skolas...

cakely

Certain snipers would be worth ascending, I would say black hammer and preadyths revenge if you have it.

Actually... I also have a question. I'm going to ascend Preadyths Revenge today, is it always a guaranteed kill on headshot? Even though it has lower impact than most snipers?

It is in crucible. I don't know about IB or ToO.

XenoRaven

I've been running Crucible quite a bit since I got carried through ToO over the weekend. I'd like to see if I'm at a point now where I can do ToO without being carried. I'm level 34 and I'll be able to max out my TLW when Xur comes back, and I ascended my Praedyth's Revenge.

Blink and TLW are both so dumb and I love them. Now I just need an OP shotgun.

Draft Itinerary:
- NM DS/Crota 3x
- HM Gorgons through GK
- HM Atheon 3x

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??

NF/PoE
1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
2) T-44 (PSN T-44)
3) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52)

Alts
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??

i'm up for whatever the group wants to do. I'd like the 9:30 slot, please.

lt519

Wait Skolas is arc burn? Oh hell yeah.

Yeah I might actually give an ascended Fang of Ir Yut a go on him too. Looking at what Black Hammer did not ascended I think my LDR will cap out anyway.

My crew tried shooting 21 Horns at it. Didn't even budge. That chest is a lot tougher than Skolas...

Can I get some armor made out of the chest material. If I ever get killed in PvE it'll drop a treasure key. Must be what Randal is wearing.

I wonder if Bungie is going to take a serious look at ToO stats like they did Crucible in general and do something about the exceedibgly high Hand Cannon usage and lack of just about every other primary outside of a few Red Deaths and Mythoclasts.

I don't think the solution is more Hand Cannon nerfs. Any damage nerf would cripple it as a weapon since the slow rate of fire would make it useless as a 2 Headshot + 1 more shot kill. Range nerfs might be in order again, but the only thing that makes sense is to buff other weapons to have a similar TTK. Even then, high level players won't switch since the HC is just a better damage delivery gun with more control over damage from each bullet.

Wallach

would love one of these. my last word game is already really good on jumper, but then add crouching into the mix?

ghandi lives

I'm thinking of grabbing one of these SCUF pads myself to be able to freely aim & fire while rezzing without having to engage in the "rez claw". Might also use their analog sticks over the default PS4 ones as the texture on them is a little weird.

Reposting this for new page:

PoE 28->32->34->35

Anyone want to join?

coy is in, so we need one more person.

Arrrammis

Just for kicks, I went back and ascended The Devil You Know. Such an awesome gun, good impact, ROF and reload. Stability is good and gets better with perks, and crowd control is icing on the cake. I forgot how much I like this thing, almost hawkmoon good in PvE.

Yeah I might actually give an ascended Fang of Ir Yut a go on him too. Looking at what Black Hammer did not ascended I think my LDR will cap out anyway.

Skolas may not be able to 1-shot you anymore, but almost every fucking add shoots Arc. I think this one may be far more difficult than Solarburn since there is now way Skolas will go down in 30's like the Ghorn spam tactic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom