• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I wonder if Bungie is going to take a serious look at ToO stats like they did Crucible in general and do something about the exceedibgly high Hand Cannon usage and lack of just about every other primary outside of a few Red Deaths and Mythoclasts.

I don't think the solution is more Hand Cannon nerfs. Any damage nerf would cripple it as a weapon since the slow rate of fire would make it useless as a 2 Headshot + 1 more shot kill. Range nerfs might be in order again, but the only thing that makes sense is to buff other weapons to have a similar TTK. Even then, high level players won't switch since the HC is just a better damage delivery gun with more control over damage from each bullet.
If anything, I really hope they find a way to balance them only for PVP.
As a PVE player, I would be quite pissed to have to deal with nerfs again for the sole reason of the PVP players using this kind of weapons too much.

Tuesday evening raiders: Back to our Regularly Scheduled Programming?

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
5) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??

I'm down for whatever at 9:30.

zewone

If Void burn Skolas is a possibility, that would be at least somewhat in our advantage.

Only have to watch out for Servitors.

kidko

Celestial Nighthawk exotic helmet.
Ic5pTm9.png

THX OMG drool

Ramirez

I wonder if Bungie is going to take a serious look at ToO stats like they did Crucible in general and do something about the exceedibgly high Hand Cannon usage and lack of just about every other primary outside of a few Red Deaths and Mythoclasts.

I don't think the solution is more Hand Cannon nerfs. Any damage nerf would cripple it as a weapon since the slow rate of fire would make it useless as a 2 Headshot + 1 more shot kill. Range nerfs might be in order again, but the only thing that makes sense is to buff other weapons to have a similar TTK. Even then, high level players won't switch since the HC is just a better damage delivery gun with more control over damage from each bullet.

HCs just need their aim assist turned way way down. They also need their range cut down, Thorn specifically.

If anything, I really hope they find a way to balance them only for PVP.
As a PVE player, I would be quite pissed to have to deal with nerfs again for the sole reason of the PVP players using this kind of weapons too much.

No argument there. All weapon classes should be tuned independently from PvE and PvP. We know they can since Shotguns got that treatment. Do it Bungie.

I only teabag the enemy team if they teabag me first, but if you're on my team and dead, and I get to your ghost after the countdown (when a sunsinger gets credit for rezzing) and before the black screen, you're getting teabagged.

Ramirez

I only teabag the enemy team if they teabag me first, but if you're on my team and dead, and I get to your ghost after the countdown (when a sunsinger gets credit for rezzing) and before the black screen, you're getting teabagged.

Why do people care about this? I heard Unstable call it disrespectful, lol. They do it to get you pissed off, and it probably works 99% of the time.

It's like saying trash talk is disrespectful in sports, it's mind games, nothing else.

hydruxo

I usually just bow/wave then dance if they're teabaggers lol.

lt519

Honestly then everyone would just use Vex. It'll be an endless cycle of they just nerf one weapon at a time. Part of it is the strategy the map required, if they make a decision off of one week and one map that'd be a bad idea. I doubt you'll see as many hand cannons in longer range maps.

stb

I'm in for 8:30! Running the raids sounds great. I have a new baby Hunter that needs all the raid armor. HM Crota could be fun as well!

Sounds good to me, and the time allows me to get home and grab something to eat first.

I'm in for regular group. Not really enjoying POE.

Great; glad everyone is on board with the regular raids this week.

With that, the 8:30 team is full with the regular crew.

Science: were you able to grab any CP?

I was planning to try to do PoE stuff tonight. Not sure though. If someone needs help and I'm on then send me an invite.

Thanks; I added you to the NF/PoE "group".

i'm up for whatever the group wants to do. I'd like the 9:30 slot, please.

I'm down for whatever at 9:30.

OK. I confirmed you for the late team.

The late team isn't doing so well, yet. Only one two confirmations.

Honestly then everyone would just use Vex. It'll be an endless cycle of they just nerf one weapon at a time. Part of it is the strategy the map required, if they make a decision off of one week and one map that'd be a bad idea. I doubt you'll see as many hand cannons in longer range maps.

Why would you expect fewer in a long range map? I would expect more since they are better at range than any other primary. Maybe a bump with Red Death, but not huge. All that would do is push more snipers and fewer ahotguns.

dB Viper

Question on Judgement's chance:

Does it matter the character I am on when I try my luck? For example, if I'm on my Warlock will the chance always drop Warlock gear or could it be for a Hunter/Titan?

I realize it can also drop weapons, but I'm curious on the gear aspect and if it's tied to the character you are playing on.

Think I might delete my extra Warlock and make a Hunter. Not sure if I can put myself through the grind to Level 20 again though.

Do it! Hunters are super fun in PvP. Just play a bunch of PvP to get to 20 once you reach Lvl 4.

Hopefully you saved some Hunter legendary/exotic gear if you had any.

noomi

Honestly if they nerf hand cannons and leave all the other exotics/weapons in their current state I will not be happy.

We need an AR buff, for realsies.

Sullichin

OG Thorn was perfect. 6 shots, slow reload. A bulky beast that could kill in 2 shots. Now unless you're using TLW, there's no reason not to use Thorn over any other "standard style" hand cannon.

I think legendary handcannons for the most part kind of suck now. The accuracy nerf a few patches ago really hurt. The exotic HCs are great: TLW > Thorn > Hawkmoon in that order, but the legendary ones don't need any sort of nerf at all.

MrS

Banned
OG Thorn was perfect. 6 shots, slow reload. A bulky beast that could kill in 2 shots. Now unless you're using TLW, there's no reason not to use Thorn over any other "standard style" hand cannon.

I think legendary handcannons for the most part kind of suck now. The accuracy nerf a few patches ago really hurt. The exotic HCs are great: TLW > Thorn > Hawkmoon in that order, but the legendary ones don't need any sort of nerf at all.
How good is TLW compared to a 365 Fatebringer?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
sorry mansaw this too late am done with NFs Poe, or weeklys are still good to go, or pvp
Sweet, I'd be down for PoE but I don't have any keys. I've only ever gotten one. :-( I really wanna try PoE 34 now that I'm 33 tho.

Damnit i didn't know I left my ps3 on overnight when I was watching a movie last night. Whoops. Sounded like an airplane was taking off in my house.

spyder_ur

Just for kicks, I went back and ascended The Devil You Know. Such an awesome gun, good impact, ROF and reload. Stability is good and gets better with perks, and crowd control is icing on the cake. I forgot how much I like this thing, almost hawkmoon good in PvE.

I am so mad I wasn't able to hang on to that gun. Had to dismantle it for space at some time. That and Lord High Fixer were my go-tos. I also had a great sniper but I forget the name.

nOoblet16

would love one of these. my last word game is already really good on jumper, but then add crouching into the mix?

ghandi lives

£90 seems awfully expensive for external mods. :/
Edit: oh wait, it includes the base cost of the controller too lol

Hmm £39 and I can send my controller to be modded, might be worth doing this.

How good is TLW compared to a 365 Fatebringer?

If we are talking PvE, then no HC comes close to the power of a Fatebringer, 365 or not.

PvP, the Fatebringer is pretty mediocre, its perks are just not tuned to multiplayer. TLW just outclasses it in every way. It has decent range and devestating fanfire damage at close range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom