• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtCobra

bungie pls
AUK0t74.jpg
Embrace that free shard!

WipedOut

Sweet, I'd be down for PoE but I don't have any keys. I've only ever gotten one. :-( I really wanna try PoE 34 now that I'm 33 tho.

Keys are really only good for Queens weapons and Exotic Chances (Which seem really low after your first time opening them)

Save the Keys for 35 to get your Ship, Shader and Emblem, only need one.

Dave_6

I am so mad I wasn't able to hang on to that gun. Had to dismantle it for space at some time.

I managed to keep a maxed one in my vault (along with a Shadow Price) this entire time and I'm glad I did. It took the place of my Hawkmoon for quite a while way back when.

XenoRaven

If TLW is so good, I'm surprised I don't see it more often in PvP. I see a lot of Thorns and some assorted Scout Rifles.

Maybe people just like to roll with what they're comfortable with. Or maybe they have a life unlike me and didn't do nearly every bounty to level up TLW as fast as possible after buying it from Xur.

Did I read somewhere it's now easier to level an alt? If so, has anyone tried to see the difference?

Should be easier than at any point previously. Buy your lvl32 gear from vendors if you don't have any from alts to pass on, and then PoE and ToO can get you 34 gear in a single week with a few Etheric Light to compensate, compared to weeks or months that VoG or CE might take waiting on a specific piece of gear.

I've done several Level 28 PoE runs and they're always the same sequence of rooms, followed by the same boss. Is the Level 28 always the same thing?

I've done several Level 28 PoE runs and they're always the same sequence of rooms, followed by the same boss. Is the Level 28 always the same thing?

You're having bad luck.

At the very least, the Boss should be different each time. I'm pretty sure the rooms and modifiers are different as well.

zewone

If TLW is so good, I'm surprised I don't see it more often in PvP. I see a lot of Thorns and some assorted Scout Rifles.

Maybe people just like to roll with what they're comfortable with. Or maybe they have a life unlike me and didn't do nearly every bounty to level up TLW as fast as possible after buying it from Xur.

The Last Word is the best PVP gun in the game, but it does require skill and familiarity with it.

It's dangerous in the hands of a high level player, i.e. Zoba.

nowai

Bit of a pain in the ass weekend. Getting my titan to 9/0 was the absolute worst. Lightning grenades are great, but everything else about this terrible class is awful in pvp.

Damned t-rex melee.

MrS

Banned
Sweet, I'd be down for PoE but I don't have any keys. I've only ever gotten one. :-( I really wanna try PoE 34 now that I'm 33 tho.
Do the bounties and rank up across all your characters and you're almost guaranteed to get some

PoE Runs TONIGHT! - 9pm EST

Looking for two experienced guardians to shred PoE this evening. Completed levels 28-34 this morning on one character (Titan) and want to go for Level 35 first and then then start on other characters. Light Level 34 will be a must for Level 35, we can get by with one 33 if needed.

Arc exotics preferred if you have them, Thunderlord and Patience and Time will be important for PoE Level 35 for Skolas and Ghjallerhorn will help with PoE Level 34 Qodro final boss.

1. Cosmos_Man

Bit of a pain in the ass weekend. Getting my titan to 9/0 was the absolute worst. Lightning grenades are great, but everything else about this terrible class is awful in pvp.

Damned t-rex melee.

I love lightning grenades, but they're so much more useful in control and salvage. I switch to flashbang for ToO and had a great time. As soon as I saw those number pop up, I'd charge with a shotty for an easy kill.

Navy Bean

Should be easier than at any point previously. Buy your lvl32 gear from vendors if you don't have any from alts to pass on, and then PoE and ToO can get you 34 gear in a single week with a few Etheric Light to compensate, compared to weeks or months that VoG or CE might take waiting on a specific piece of gear.

Cool - I was mostly concerned about levels 1-20 and I thought I read there was a boost or something. I could be losing my mind also.

ethomaz

Banned

TLW requires more skill.

Said that I see a lot of guys using TLW.

Thorn and Hawkmoon outclasses it at mid-range and long-range... TLW is better at close-range... for all ranges Thorn and Hawkmoon are better options.

LTWood12

Looking for two experienced guardians to shred PoE this evening. Completed levels 28-34 this morning on one character (Titan) and want to go for Level 35 first and then then start on other characters. Light Level 34 will be a must for Level 35, we can get by with one 33 if needed.

Arc exotics preferred if you have them, Thunderlord and Patience and Time will be important for PoE Level 35 for Skolas and Ghjallerhorn will help with PoE Level 34 Qodro final boss.

1. Cosmos_Man

Let's rock it Byron. 34 blade dancer. 365 Fatebringer and Thunderlord.

Deku Tree

1. Cosmos_Man

Sign me up. I have everything at max.
Any point to doing level 28?

1. Cosmos_Man
I'm up for it as usual. 9PM works great.

EDIT: Nevermind. Guess it's full.

zewone

TLW requires more skill.

Said that I see a lot of guys using TLW.

Thorn and Hawkmoon outclasses it at mid-range and long-range... TLW is better at close-range... for all ranges Thorn and Hawkmoon are better options.

TLW and Hawkmoon have similar ranges in PVP (even with Hammer Forged).

Thorn wins in the range department.

TLW time to kill is much faster though.

I'm gonna be doing Nightfall at around 2PM if anyone wants to join me. Definitely want to do 32 PoE later too, could use a good chest.

GT is my GAF name. :D

Let's rock it Byron. 34 blade dancer. 365 Fatebringer and Thunderlord.

Sign me up. I have everything at max.
Any point to doing level 28?

Sounds good gentleman!

Deku I've done it for the rep that's it. Isn't even that much.

I'm up for it as usual. 9PM works great.

EDIT: Nevermind. Guess it's full.

I still love you Sushi! I am sure we won't get them all done in a night (would be nice! lol) so let's run some tomorrow!

noomi

LMAO!

Was playing ToO last night with phenom and semedi, we came across a team of dudes who had no land beyonds equipped. We pretty much destroyed them

Today someone makes this post on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...to_become_the_coolest_person_in_destiny_next/

TLDR: Guys played a few matches with NLB's equipped just for shits & gigs :D

My favorite part about Nighthawk is that the eyes light up when aiming down sights.

wat... i did not know this, very cool!

Homeboyd

I've seen one primary drop and a exotic bounty.
I saw a primary drop on the run you said was their 4th.

What I'm wondering is; can you just kill skolas over and over again and let the mines wipe you for increased chances at exotic bounties/primaries to drop? Or is it locked once you try it once on that character.

If the run you mentioned was their 4th, then it seems like you can farm kills for those drops.

Why would you expect fewer in a long range map? I would expect more since they are better at range than any other primary. Maybe a bump with Red Death, but not huge. All that would do is push more snipers and fewer ahotguns.

I know that MIDA would be my go to if ToO was ever on First Light.

God, that would be fun.

Did I read somewhere it's now easier to level an alt? If so, has anyone tried to see the difference?

It's much faster. Etheric light means any legendary piece can bring you to 34. Save all your purple armor engrams for an alt. They seem to decrypt into the class that's handing them in much more frequently now. Save a few etheric light and an armor core from 32 PoE and you're basically done. The new armor also removes one of the worst grinds in the past, class mats.

I made a hunter over the weekend that jumped from 20 to 32 instantly and I just need to level up a few bubbles on an old pair of boots to get her to 34.

MrS

Banned
If we are talking PvE, then no HC comes close to the power of a Fatebringer, 365 or not.

PvP, the Fatebringer is pretty mediocre, its perks are just not tuned to multiplayer. TLW just outclasses it in every way. It has decent range and devestating fanfire damage at close range.
Thanks for this. Looks like I'm gonna have to put some effort in to using TLW in PVP.

phen0m24

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So much Truth here. Even when it was you, me, and Wallach we were getting real close against some really good teams. We were focusing on each round as it's own battle, and having a good time. I love this mode so much, and I can't wait to improve.

Holler at me if you want to roll some PoE or Nightfalls w/ me and T-44. I'd like to take down Skolas tonight.
If you see me online and have a spot, just hit me up. I'll be in for anything.
I played as 32 or 33 and went 9-0 a total of four times.

It's more important to have better gear (primary reloading gloves that match the primary you're using, 100% super load out) than to be level 34.
I don't know what this response is meant to contradict or why it's even relevant to what I said. I gave one example of a time when the numerical difference can have an impact, but what I was really commenting on was the perceived advantage re: players who don't feel very confident about their own skills. The fact that you even thought to reply to my description of the psychological impact of facing off 34s with your own successful experience, let alone the fact that you did it, means you aren't the kind of player I'm talking about, but I have been playing with plenty of them. I didn't comment at all on gear perks being more important than hitting level 34, though of course you are correct.
What is "Nighthawk" ?
it is my destiny.

nowai

I love lightning grenades, but they're so much more useful in control and salvage. I switch to flashbang for ToO and had a great time. As soon as I saw those number pop up, I'd charge with a shotty for an easy kill.

Saving hulk smash for a blade dancer or self res was also extremely effective, but the day to day run and gun play of the titan is so sluggish. I always feel hamstrung.

I can't tell you how many times I instinctively hit my melee button after a shot when someone got close expecting my throwing knife to come out only to whiff the air with my tiny ranged melee.

All this "punch bro" nonsense is a bunch of malarkey I tell ya!

nOoblet16

Crucible is almost exclusively TLW, Thorn, Red Death, Mythoclast and Hawkmoon...anything else just means that player isn't experienced enough since they don't know that their weapons get outclassed by these 5 (ok maybe you can include high RoF scouts like Mida and Deadshot in there).

Out of those Thorn is the most common since it's the easiest gun to use with no drawback and rewards significantly, followed by Vex which catches enemies off guard since it has poor hit feedback and players who play defensively with it can be really hard to deal with. Red Death is a high risk high reward kind of gun since the penalty to miss your shots with it is higher than any other gun out of these 5 (slow RoF). Hawkmoon is more or less balanced since it's perk are entirely dependent on luck, it can one shot enemies or it can take three shots...you never know that's why it isn't really unbalanced.

Lastly, TLW is the most difficult to use out of all these weapons but it also rewards handsomely with the lowest TTK. Keep in mind that "using" TLW is not that hard but to know how to control it (i.e. when to hip fire, when to fan fire and when to not, when to switch back and forth) is difficult as it only comes from experience and it is what makes a good player. It is still a broken weapon though but Thorn is even more broken than TLW.

ethomaz

Banned
TLW and Hawkmoon have similar ranges in PVP (even with Hammer Forged).

Thorn wins in the range department.

TLW time to kill is much faster though.
Thorn and Hawkmoon have the same range.

TLW is close range (about half of the others two).

Shito

Heh, Gothalion and Professor Broman are trying to tackle PoE 35.
Of course, they are starting that just as I leave work and start heading home. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom