• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

Timing is everything.

Kjb2rg.gif

I once had a situation where all three of us got killed by golden gun and the guy was running Symbiote so had another shot left, the countdown timer started but his golden gun was still on. I said fuck it and self revived , I got killed by the golden gun immediately but my revival reset the game end countdown timer and he lost his super. Immediately after my death, my other team mate who was right beside me self revived and punched him to death.

zewone

I don't know what this response is meant to contradict or why it's even relevant to what I said. I gave one example of a time when the numerical difference can have an impact, but what I was really commenting on was the perceived advantage re: players who don't feel very confident about their own skills. The fact that you even thought to reply to my description of the psychological impact of facing off 34s with your own successful experience, let alone the fact that you did it, means you aren't the kind of player I'm talking about, but I have been playing with plenty of them. I didn't comment at all on gear perks being more important than hitting level 34, though of course you are correct.

You mentioned that these players will reach 34 and get over this perceived disadvantage they are at.

Soon, everyone will have the chance to be 34 and it will feel like less of a tilt.

I mention that better PVP gear is more important than your light level (to an extent). My aim of the post was to not encourage people to reach 34 for Trials but to focus more on using the best gear load out.

nOoblet16

TLW and Hawkmoon have similar ranges in PVP (even with Hammer Forged).

Thorn wins in the range department.

TLW time to kill is much faster though.
Thorn and Hawkmoon have the same range.

TLW is close range (about half of the others two).

TLW and Hawkmoon don't have similar range, TLW has about half to 3/4th of the effective range of Hawkmoon and much much worse accuracy at that range. Hawkmoon's range is worse than Thorn but it's close, Thorn has the highest range out of any HC in the game

30 Wolf chests and maybe a dozen 28 level Arenas and still haven't found even a single treasure key.

Is there any method to the madness or is it pure and unadulterated RNG and good/bad luck?

zewone

Thorn and Hawkmoon have the same range.

TLW is close range (about half of the others two).
TLW and Hawkmoon don't have similar range, TLW has about half to 3/4th of the effective range of Hawkmoon and much much worse accuracy at that range. Hawkmoon 's range is close to Thorn not similar, not higher but close...since Thorn has the highest range out of any Hand Canon in the game.

In actual practice (not strictly off stats) is what I'm referring to.

I can hit 112 damage headshots with a TLW at the same range as a 94 headshot Hawkmoon shot a majority of the time.

TLW and Hawkmoon don't have similar range, TLW has about half to 3/4th of the effective range of Hawkmoon and much much worse accuracy at that range. Hawkmoon 's range is close to Thorn but it still loses to it...since Thorn has the highest range out of any Hand Canon in the game.

Thorn's range is crazy. I'm always like - "He's sniping from the beach door..." , "...oh, nope, thorn!?!"

hydruxo

30 Wolf chests and maybe a dozen 28 level Arenas and still haven't found even a single treasure key.

Is there any method to the madness or is it pure and unadulterated RNG and good/bad luck?

It's all RNG unfortunately. It's kinda silly that they're as rare as they are. At this point I just consider the big PoE chests as a nice bonus if I manage to get keys. Otherwise the armor/weapon cores & etheric light are the only rewards I care about.

nOoblet16

I can hit 112 damage headshots with a TLW at the same range as a 94 headshot Hawkmoon shot a majority of the time.

Like I said, range and accuracy are two different stats here.
Range is for damage drop off, accuracy is the..well accuracy.

TLW can hit 112 at range....about 3/4th range of Hawkmoon (it's still less..even if just by a slight margin) but it's no where even close to being as accurate at that range meaning it is not a guarantee that your shot will hit the head even if you aim at head but it is with Thorn and Hawkmoon. (especially after the recent HC nerf that made first shots slightly inaccurate as it hurt TLW the most)

zewone

Like I said, range and accuracy are two different stats here.
TLW can hit 112 at range....about 3/4th range of Hawkmoon (it's still less..even if just by a slight margin) but it's no where even close to being as accurate at that range meaning it is not a guarantee that your shot will hit even if you aim at head but it is with Thorn and Hawkmoon.

Empty the clip. Somethings going to hit. ;)

It's all RNG unfortunately. It's kinda silly that they're as rare as they are. At this point I just consider the big PoE chests as a nice bonus if I manage to get keys. Otherwise the armor/weapon cores & etheric light are the only rewards I care about.
Yeah, I was hoping to have one on hand for any attempts at the first completions for 32/34/35 but that really doesn't seem like its going to happen.

What's this about exotic bounties at the end of PoE level 35?

A bounty can drop on Level 34 and 35 after the end boss (NOT THE TREASURE KEY CHEST)

The elemental PoE primaries drop from Level 35 Skolas ONLY.

Exactly. The amount of time to farm for one key just ends up being a crappy Queen's weapon or the like. The exotic chance was the 1st completion ONLY, so the drop rate for exotics have now taken a huuuuuuuuge dive.

Hoodbury

Only tried the ToO once this weekend and it didn't go so well. It started off great, went 3-0. Was playing with Scarlet and some random kid who joined our party chat somehow. After the 3-0 start we decided maybe we should go buy some of those buffs since we were playing so well together. Went to the reef and got the 2 available and then ended up losing the next 4 rounds. :/ The last match we were down 0-4 and ended up tying it 4-4 and then lost a nail biter at the end. Pretty tense stuff.

I might need to try that GAF train next time it comes up to see if I can at least get the chest piece. Is ToO every weekend? Or what kind of schedule does it use?

Deku Tree

Datto put out a video today pointing out that every queens weapon has a virtually identical counterpart that can be purchased in the tower and usually the tower weapon is slightly better and even looks better.

Kyne

Stop sweating the keys. Even if you get them the chance at getting an exotic is laughable.

Farming for hours has to be thee worst thing you can do in the game now that we know you don't get the guaranteed exotic every week.

Yeah, he's good.

post-62921-Ace-Ventura-hes-good-with-my-h-DWRd.gif
Fun fact:

I worked in the set construction department on Ace Ventura II. All of the Africa scenes were filmed on a ranch outside of San Antonio (complete with rented exotic animals), and just about everything else was shot on the same stage in South Carolina where Die Hard 3 was filmed.

I remember that totem pole all too well.

Carry on, Guardians.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
For those that were asking,

My Kellbreaker helm, pretty nice.

6EHdhYI.jpg

I'm more curious where you got that blue rare helmet. That looks sweet.

* oh and I just had a wolves chest glitch on me. Chest wouldn't open. And it didn't show up immediately after we cleared all the wolves either.
And no I didn't die. But I stood there for over 45 seconds trying to open it. No Loots! I needs my precious loots!

TheOddOne

Fun fact:

I worked in the set construction department on Ace Ventura II. All of the Africa scenes were filmed on a ranch outside of San Antonio (complete with rented exotic animals), and just about everything else was shot on the same stage in South Carolina where Die Hard 3 was filmed.

Carry on, Guardians.
WHAT.

You keep getting cooler.

dB Viper

Posting again:

Question on Judgement's chance:

Does it matter the character I am on when I try my luck? For example, if I'm on my Warlock will the chance always drop Warlock gear or could it be for a Hunter/Titan?

I realize it can also drop weapons, but I'm curious on the gear aspect and if it's tied to the character you are playing on.

ethomaz

Banned

I can kill snipers with Hawkmoon doing these same 94 and not with TLW... there is a big difference in range here.

Do it! Hunters are super fun in PvP. Just play a bunch of PvP to get to 20 once you reach Lvl 4.

Hopefully you saved some Hunter legendary/exotic gear if you had any.

I was reading it's faster to level to 20 through story. 2000+ XP for like fifteen minutes work, plus more with bounties.

Fun fact:

Carry on, Guardians.

They shot Die Hard With A Vengeance in South Carolina???? That's INCREDIBLE!! That was one of the most authentic looking NYCs ever shot!

"Laundry day."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You mentioned that these players will reach 34 and get over this perceived disadvantage they are at.
They will.
I mention that better PVP gear is more important than your light level (to an extent). My aim of the post was to not encourage people to reach 34 for Trials but to focus more on using the best gear load out.
I see, that clears it up. I didn't mean to advise anyone to attempt to reach 34 "for Trials." My point was that more and more people are hitting 34 regardless, and thus soon that disparity won't be as pervasive. Progression is very straightforward and not reliant on RNG compared to previous level caps.

Searching for complementary perk loadouts above other concerns is generally sound advice in PvP regardless of mode; however I do stand by my claim that (for 2 out of 3 team members, anyway), Crest of Alpha Lupi or Light Beyond Nemesis is the most beneficial thing you can equip for Trials.

Deku Tree

Got two keys while doing the bounties. I'll take them and save them.

I decided today that I'm not ever using any keys again unless I have the elder cypher bounty or I know for sure that I am guaranteed to get the ship etc on my alts after Bungie patches that back in...

I have every exotic weapon and I don't care about the HoWarmors that I don't have and exotic shards are worthless to me at this point possibly until comet or whatever.

EL CUCO

Celestial Nighthawk is a monster. Just need to piece together a high intellect build and it'll be very useful.

Good thing I spent 575 motes to get it.

noomi

So I managed to grab almost all of the ToO emblems as well as the shader (Aruus Passage), but no dice on the black hunter cloak.

I've never even seen one drop yet, it's so sexy. I must have it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom