• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Searching for complementary perk loadouts above other concerns is generally sound advice in PvP regardless of mode; however I do stand by my claim that (for 2 out of 3 team members, anyway), Crest of Alpha Lupi or Light Beyond Nemesis is the most beneficial thing you can equip for Trials.

Definitely agree with that.

lt519

Why would you expect fewer in a long range map? I would expect more since they are better at range than any other primary. Maybe a bump with Red Death, but not huge. All that would do is push more snipers and fewer ahotguns.

I would expect a lot more scout rifles, but I could be wrong. The elimination style implies you need to be close to your enemy because of revivals are too easy if you are far away. Snipers even seem mostly pointless right now if you have a team that sticks together and can defend a rush.

Gala

That PoE34 boss is rough. I'll let you guys figure out the perfect tactic against him first and do him on the weekend. We didn't stand a chance against him. Too few gjallarhorns, too many enemies.

But still got my Warlock to 34 today, gonna get my Hunter to max level tomorrow and then I'll figure out what to do with my Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Celestial Nighthawk is a monster. Just need to piece together a high intellect build and it'll be very useful.

Good thing I spent 575 motes to get it.
With Gunfighter alone it will be a blast to play in PvE. Can't wait.
I like reforging too much to gamble motes en masse though... come on Xur! Bring that and Titan Alpha Lupi for me. I won't even hold it against you that you helped Skolas or whatever.

noomi

anyone know if you can roll the "increased accuracy while airborne" perk on a sniper?

Your scaring me zoba, I hope to never come across you in crucible. STAY AWAY! Unless you want to carry me of course :)

That PoE34 boss is rough. I'll let you guys figure out the perfect tactic against him first and do him on the weekend. We didn't stand a chance against him. Too few gjallarhorns, too many enemies.

But still got my Warlock to 34 today, gonna get my Hunter to max level tomorrow and then I'll figure out what to do with my Titan.

People have been saying either ghorns to the max, or killing the shiny goblin to break out of the shield and then just damaging him whenever you can.

LTWood12

I'm up for it as usual. 9PM works great.

EDIT: Nevermind. Guess it's full.

Sounds good gentleman!

Deku I've done it for the rep that's it. Isn't even that much.

I still love you Sushi! I am sure we won't get them all done in a night (would be nice! lol) so let's run some tomorrow!

Byron, just realized I don't have any keys. I'd like to get the ship and stuff when I do 35. Go ahead and let Sushi fill my spot this evening. I'll just rock the 34s tonight.

nowai

Datto put out a video today pointing out that every queens weapon has a virtually identical counterpart that can be purchased in the tower and usually the tower weapon is slightly better and even looks better.

And he's 100% correct. Once I opened to 35 chest and saw that it was the same shitty weapons, I quickly realized that I would no longer be key farming.

I am going to save my existing keys for the bounty when I get it and maybe open the chest for an exotic chance if I am swimming in keys. Otherwise, pass.

KyleP29

Stop sweating the keys. Even if you get them the chance at getting an exotic is laughable.

Farming for hours has to be thee worst thing you can do in the game now that we know you don't get the guaranteed exotic every week.

Yea sadly the case, guess its their way of sending us back to crota,vog, and nightfalls to find out exotics (minus the exotic bounty)

I have only been searching for a key (not really farming anymore) so i have it for when i complete the lvl 35 PoE so i am able to grab the shader, ship, etc.

Thankfully one finally dropped from a chest today while doing a queens contract public event.

Boss is easy, just make sure you kill the special goblin to get the buff for breaking the detain shield.

Sorry I had to bail. Wife brought home lunch so I figured I better join her. Fun runs though.

Lnkn52

What about those that don't like watching Datto vids?

1369.gif

Deku Tree

I'm up for it as usual. 9PM works great.

EDIT: Nevermind. Guess it's full.

Sounds good gentleman!

Deku I've done it for the rep that's it. Isn't even that much.

I still love you Sushi! I am sure we won't get them all done in a night (would be nice! lol) so let's run some tomorrow!

Byron, just realized I don't have any keys. I'd like to get the ship and stuff when I do 35. Go ahead and let Sushi fill my spot this evening. I'll just rock the 34s tonight.

Sushi you still up for joining Byron and myself tonight?

WHAT.

You keep getting cooler.
jerry-seinfeld-pop-coulq36.gif

They shot Die Hard With A Vengeance in South Carolina???? That's INCREDIBLE!! That was one of the most authentic looking NYCs ever shot!

"Laundry day."
I should say the sound stage stuff was shot in SC. Goose Creek has a set of enormous warehouses where they used to build submarines (they stood them up in one of the buildings, that place literally had it's own weather system in the mornings). When I got there, we spent the first couple of months tearing down the subway crash set and totally repurposed the Federal Reserve and aqueduct sets for the monastery and a bat cave (that was later cut), respectively.

Gala

People have been saying either ghorns to the max, or killing the shiny goblin to break out of the shield and then just damaging him whenever you can.

Boss is easy, just make sure you kill the special goblin to get the buff for breaking the detain shield.

Jeah, that's what we figured out as well, but we couldn't even locate the special goblin until it was to late most of the time or died anyway from the other adds. Guess we have to figure out a safer spot than in the back of the right.

I guess the only real solution is that ruthless gives everybody free Gjallarhorns this week.

Sorry I had to bail. Wife brought home lunch so I figured I better join her. Fun runs though.

No problem, there are still 6 days to go this week. We will kill him on another day :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Queen's weapons aren't shitty, they just don't really have any standouts. They're solid rerollable weapons across the board from what it looks like (can't remember if the pulse is any good). But it is correct that there are purchasable counterparts which are generally better for each class. I'm going to try to roll a PvP AR for my warlock for funsies (no, not for use in ToO). I'd like some of the others to play around with but they aren't top tier rewards, just another batch of weapons you could reroll to your liking.

SkylineRKR

Celestial Nighthawk is a monster. Just need to piece together a high intellect build and it'll be very useful.

Good thing I spent 575 motes to get it.

That + Gunfighter (as you likely only use it on ultras) is lots of shots without much of a cooldown.

Lima

Well if anything goes against the Queens weapons is that they look absolutely hideous. Same as most faction weapons. Get that decal shit off my weapons please.

Namikaze1

So I'll be canceling the PoE 35 runs this Saturday. It's my uncle's birthday this week and my aunt is planning to throw a small party for him this Saturday. I was leaning on canceling it anyway due to arc burn.

nOoblet16

anyone know if you can roll the "increased accuracy while airborne" perk on a sniper?

Nope

No Icarus, I think Hidden Hand/Unflinching has to be the winning roll for PvP purposes eh?

It is, unflinching much less though cause it doesn't helps all that much. I have one with Hidden Hand and Replenish and even that is good I suppose. But I am also sticking to my pre HoW sniper with Final round. I think Hidden Hand either makes the hit box bigger or slows down the reticule even more.

The Queen's weapons aren't shitty, they just don't really have any standouts. They're solid rerollable weapons across the board from what it looks like (can't remember if the pulse is any good). But it is correct that there are purchasable counterparts which are generally better for each class. I'm going to try to roll a PvP AR for my warlock for funsies (no, not for use in ToO). I'd like some of the others to play around with but they aren't top tier rewards, just another batch of weapons you could reroll to your liking.

theyre magenta

not even once

Sullichin

Spent like 40 motes rerolling Her Mercy Handcannon and I'm not sure why. The stats aren't very good. Slightly less than Hawkmoon impact with way less range. I I think I just like the name and I like rerolling weapons. Every Queen's weapon I've gotten has been underwhelming.

Out of all the new weapons I've gotten, The Scholar from TOO is the best. I want an adept one and Adept Jewl of Osiris.

Nope

It is, unflinching much less though cause it doesn't helps all that much. I have one with Hidden Hand and Replenish and even that is good I suppose. But I am also sticking to my pre HoW sniper with Final round.

unflinching shortgaze is god tier. it barely works on ambush

also i dont really like eye of sol. my baby blue hieracon had had faster base handling. eye of sol is slower and heavy even with snapshot

So there's an easy strat to beat the 34 boss.

Do the same thing as you do with Skolas. Shoot Gjallahorns at it.

I'm not kidding. You can take him down before the first jail.

Namikaze1

This game won't stop giving me Token of Flight and Identity. I have enough to get every ship and shader and still have some tokens left.

Lima

also i dont really like eye of sol. my baby blue hieracon had had faster base handling. eye of sol is slower and heavy even with snapshot

Even with short gaze I never noticed a difference. Same when using Red Death. It's a perk that doesn't seem to work at all. I would actually love to go into Rumble, meet up with a friend and use the same sniper with unflinching and without. Just to see if it actually does anything.

I tried using my new Void Wolves' Bane machine gun against some lvl 32 Minotaurs and got my ass handed to me. It has insane impact, but that 23 round mag is almost useless. May try to re-roll later for an extended mag.

untitled5mq6b.png

noomi

This game won't stop giving me Token of Flight and Identity. I have enough to get every ship and shader and still have some tokens left.

Same here lol, I think I have 5 at this point. We should be able to trade them in for treasure keys....

I tried using my new Void Wolves' Bane machine gun against some lvl 32 Minotaurs and got my ass handed to me. It has insane impact, but that 23 round mag is almost useless. May try to re-roll later for an extended mag.

untitled5mq6b.png
Extended mag drops the stability to nearly zero. Such a shitty replacement for field scout.

cilonen

One more for anther nightfall run? jayforone and I are running another for his character. Shoot jayforone or cilonen a FR

Edit: we got someone.

Lima

There is no field scout anymore only that trade off perk which can reduces stability I think. You are looking at no stability at all. Anyways the point is heavy MG absolutely suck ass and no one should be using them unless you are playing Rumble.

EL CUCO

Even with short gaze I never noticed a difference. Same when using Red Death. It's a perk that doesn't seem to work at all. I would actually love to go into Rumble, meet up with a friend and use the same sniper with unflinching and without. Just to see if it actually does anything.
This has been my impression as well. If there's a difference it has to be very minimal.

nOoblet16

The only experience I have with unflinching is with Ambush, my new sniper (new monarchy sniper) has Shortgaze but no unflinching. I don't want to re roll cause I do not want to lose shortgaze, and hidden hand...since I am almost out of weapon parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom