• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Anyone at the reef?

What weapon is Varriks selling? What armor?

I've asked multiple times now and am getting a complex.

Bows to darthbob.. thanks darth!

If you didn't know you. can see this information on bungie's website or through their app.
He's selling a fusion rifle and chest piece.
Yeah get with the times, Colonel. We have unlimited access to all vendors now via app Bungie.net. And on your way there, please feel free to gloss over the grimoire section to get your cup of lore filled as well :p

nowai

Just pulled Purifier Robes from a Nightfall. Does GAF have any thoughts on this item?

The game wants to make a Warlock bad it appears since I got a new Warlock drop twice a month. Got a vault full of gear for a warlock. Just need to delete one of my two titans (ouch).

For ToO last minute saves, it could be fantastic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hope you like picking daisies in Skywatch waiting for the Wolves to prowl.

Happy Key Farming.
Let's not go full misinformation mode! I don't really consider it worth farming regardless, personally- I'll get keys when I get them- but doing so won't increase your chances of getting the exotic bounty.

Here's what I know, with caveats: The Elder Cipher bounty itself drops from boss completion on PoE 35 (and 34?). You must have an open bounty slot to receive it (?) It does not drop from the key chest.

After receiving the bounty, you may take it back to the reef and select which of the Exotic weapons you want to pursue (Lord of Wolves, Dreg's Promise, Queenbreaker Bow).

The next step in the bounty is then to open the PoE chest one time (presumably on any level, and this does of course require a key).

Anastasis

Ji66a man found the elder cipher too, it dropped from the 34 boss. You can't get it from a chest.

You need a treasure key to open the chest after getting the cipher to progress the bounty.

Ruthless, do you still have Oracles CP saved? I'll do it right this week and not go for Gorgons first!

GutZ31

And he got this from the key chest. I'm so confused:

RsTkxha.png

Who's ready for a Venus key run using VoG?

Deku Tree

Let's not go full misinformation mode! I don't really consider it worth farming regardless, personally- I'll get keys when I get them- but doing so won't increase your chances of getting the exotic bounty.

Here's what I know, with caveats: The Elder Cipher bounty itself drops from boss completion on PoE 35 (and 34?). You must have an open bounty slot to receive it (?) It does not drop from the key chest.

After receiving the bounty, you may take it back to the reef and select which of the Exotic weapons you want to pursue (Lord of Wolves, Dreg's Promise, Queenbreaker Bow).

The next step in the bounty is then to open the PoE chest one time (presumably on any level, and this does of course require a key).

Not exactly. The drop you need from the big chest is RNG and not guaranteed. Might need to open the chest a few times. At least that's what some people have said.

Great explanation.

My comment was sarcastic if that wasn't obvious.

HoW PoE drops confusing. That's why converting to the darkside of PvP ToO sounds alot better.

Nearly one watcher armor set and elemental weapons and one ToO armor piece each week is way better than opening one chest per week and pray for shitty queen weapon you would probably dismantle unless you go for the 35 Onmig...Skolas and pray for a weapon drop and on PoE STR gear for your warlock.

Namikaze1

Were you watching the stream?
Queen's Cipher is part of the bounty. Is a step towards completing the exotic bounty. Elder Cipher, what begins the bounty, drops from Skolas and the final boss of PoE 34. Queen's Cipher can only drop from the chest and it is a part of the bounty.

Edit: never mind. I see I was late.

HoW PoE drops confusing. That's why converting to the darkside of PvP ToO sounds alot better.
It really is strange.

The whole idea of the mix of small and large chests and treasure key hunting with hybrid public events and timed-and-missable wolf chests (seriously, who thought it was a good idea to have players quickly scour the area and fail to find them?) and non-match-made challenge arenas with first-clear-only rewards... It all seems overly complicated and built to guarantee a certain level of disappointment.

Then again PoE, at least the 28th level one, doesn't hold its luster for long. Strikes have much better combat and rhythm imho.

On a positive tip, there is more interesting higher level stuff happening in the public spaces that its starting to look like the Destiny they showed off to begin with.

Not exactly. The drop you need from the big chest is RNG and not guaranteed. Might need to open the chest a few times. At least that's what some people have said.

....I hope those people are fucking by saying that.

Making opening the chest to get the next step of the bounty is so damn stupid, making it RNG based on opening the chest puts that on a whole other level.

phen0m24

Yeah get with the times, Colonel. We have unlimited access to all vendors now via app Bungie.net. And on your way there, please feel free to gloss over the grimoire section to get your cup of lore filled as well :p

Yeah yeah yeah... :p Thanks man. My Destiny app updated today on Droid. Will have to look at it again. Last time I tried to use it it wouldn't let me unequip weapons in inventory so I was mad at it.

(cue the Rocky theme) So I think each day I'm going to do PvP Dailies/possibly bounties and focus there from now on. I had a little fun last night and slowly but surely tried to figure out maps and people and lag and such. This isn't as bad as the "I don't want to do HM Crota again" phase, but if all the best ELEMENTAL weapons are from ToO only, that's where the action is... Why am I going to do the 35 each week? Ugh. The 34 - that room with the Hive and Arc. YUCK. The Cabal with Angry? EGADS.

Bungie the game needs to be fun with friends, not Dark Souls. :)

Jas

If anyone feels like doing Nightfall send me a friend's request PSN is ejas

Have a 32 Hunter, 31 Titan, and 31 Warlock

....I hope those people are fucking by saying that.

Making opening the chest to get the next step of the bounty is so damn stupid, making it RNG based on opening the chest puts that on a whole other level.

I hope that isn't true. Keys are far too rare for that bullshit. Outside of the initial freebies, most players won't see many keys going forward.

Deku Tree

Good thing I still have 1 key. Woo I probably would've used it for a roll at a dupe exotic or crappy queens weapon if it wasn't for this thread.

First time you beat Skolas you also get a nice ship, shader and emblem from the big chest too. But Only once per account because of a bug though currently.

Hoodbury

How to insta-win Trials of Osiris

https://vid.me/FvIH

Can't watch that at work but guessing from replies you killed all 3 with a trip mine at the very start?

I got one hulk smash in that got all 3 at the very start of the round. That was fun. Tried it a few more times but couldn't repeat it and then Scarlet told me not to try anymore. :(

border

Reset day questions:

Can ToO flawless winners still go to Mercury? Or has the option been wiped?

Are the modifiers on Skolas different now? How about the modifiers on Uroxx?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Is the warlocks are crap meme still about?

I've gone back to my warlock after a month with my titan and it's just heaven. Ugh I hate using a titan.

Seriously, absolutely non-ironically WARLOCKS ARE THE BEST

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are the modifiers on Skolas different now? How about the modifiers on Uroxx?
Yes, Arc Burn on Skolas.

Urrox is replaced with a completely different boss, I look forward to having a different one to face each week for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom