• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

Is the warlocks are crap meme still about?

I've gone back to my warlock after a month with my titan and it's just heaven. Ugh I hate using a titan.

Seriously, absolutely non-ironically WARLOCKS ARE THE BEST

I've grown fond of mine but for lazy reasons. I would depend too much on self-res. I played PoE with the 34 Titan yesterday and had one of those "Oh crap the other 2 died and I NEED to stay alive moments" and felt so relieved to overcome a wizard and a knight in close quarters....
somehow

I like all the characters. The Hunter's speed and blade dance/inviz is amazing. The Titan's jump and WoD is gold. And of course the Cheeselock has res and those grenades... Fig's favorite) :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For ToO last minute saves, it could be fantastic.
Great complimentary piece if the other two are wearing Alpha Lupi/Light Beyond Nemesis.
Urrox is still there -- just at level 32 now.
I think I heard Urrox is the Level 32 boss this week.
Sorry, yeah, I meant for the 34. A bit of randomization means we can expect to see them show up on different levels, I don't think it will necessarily be that the 34 boss becomes the 32 the following week, but maybe.

No idea about the modifiers on the 32 this week at all yet if that was the question, sorry.

zewone

From Reddit:

Trials gear for sale this week is boots and fusion.

Hunter: + Special Ammo, + Scout Rifle Ammo, 147 Discipline
Titan: + Heavy Ammo, + Scout Rifle Ammo, 77 Intellect & 74 Strength
Warlock: + Special Ammo, + Auto Rifle Ammo, 79 Intellect & 71 Discipline
Fusion Rifle: Readying this weapon grants a period of brief accuracy, This weapon has bonus accuracy when firing from the hip. Solar damage.

Too bad only the Titan has the heavy ammo perk.

ExVicis

Is the warlocks are crap meme still about?

I've gone back to my warlock after a month with my titan and it's just heaven. Ugh I hate using a titan.

Seriously, absolutely non-ironically WARLOCKS ARE THE BEST

Sploatee knows what's up.It's time everyone realized the beauty and grace of Warlocks and cease the hate.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You don't deserve a Titan.

I'll give you magnetic grenades and shoulder charge. They're fun.

I've grown fond of mine but for lazy reasons. I would depend too much on self-res. I played PoE with the 34 Titan yesterday and had one of those "Oh crap the other 2 died and I NEED to stay alive moments" and felt so relieved to overcome a wizard and a knight in close quarters....
somehow

I like all the characters. The Hunter's speed and blade dance/inviz is amazing. The Titan's jump and WoD is gold. And of course the Cheeselock has res and those grenades... Fig's favorite) :p

I have a feeling that when my hunter gets to a high enough level hunters will be my favourite - agility is the most important thing to me (I even main the MIDA in PvE just to go faster) but for now I just find the warlock so versatile. Blink + nova bomb in PvP is amazing, and to have the self-res and fusion grenades too - just really fun.

NeOak

From Reddit:

Fusion Rifle: Readying this weapon grants a period of brief accuracy, This weapon has bonus accuracy when firing from the hip. Solar damage.

Oh, the hunter one goes perfectly with the Lucky Raspberry if you aren't using a shotgun and are using a Scout rifle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thinking hard about picking this game up. Is it feasible to play solo (at least in parts)?
It's certainly feasible, you can play through the storyline and some endgame-ish activities completely solo, and a couple others through matchmaking. But you've got a great community here to harvest from as well.

And he got this from the key chest. I'm so confused:

RsTkxha.png

maybe it dropped right when he was about to open the chest so it seemed like it dropped from the chest. From my experience the drops happen as soon as you open a chest. Not sure if I'm making any sense lol this is so confusing

lt519

Thinking hard about picking this game up. Is it feasible to play solo (at least in parts)?

Completely feasible to beat the whole games story content solo. I don't recommend it though, the game is meant to be played with friends and a rounded out party of a couple different classes. You'll have way more fun and I think you can find some on here that'd be willing to play with you. It may take a few posts, the threads move really fast, so a lot of people get overlooked.

Post game content can be solo'd once you get very good, but mostly requires three man teams for strikes and 6 man teams for raids. You won't ever have trouble finding people to play with as long as you can post in this thread.

Edit: Oh man do I wait to get the boots for the titan through ToO or do I use an etheric light on the boots to get him to 34 now..

Holiday

Banned
It's certainly feasible, you can play through the storyline and some endgame-ish activities completely solo, and a couple others through matchmaking. But you've got a great community here to harvest from as well.

Completely feasible to beat the whole games story content solo. I don't recommend it though, the game is meant to be played with friends and a rounded out party of a couple different classes. You'll have way more fun and I think you can find some on here that'd be willing to play with you. It may take a few posts, the threads move really fast, so a lot of people get overlooked.

Post game content can be solo'd once you get very good, but mostly requires three man teams for strikes and 6 man teams for raids. You won't ever have trouble finding people to play with as long as you can post in this thread.

Edit: Oh man do I wait to get the boots for the titan through ToO or do I use an etheric light on the boots to get him to 34 now..

Awesome, thanks!

Namikaze1

Sorry, yeah, I meant for the 34. A bit of randomization means we can expect to see them show up on different levels, I don't think it will necessarily be that the 34 boss becomes the 32 the following week, but maybe.

No idea about the modifiers on the 32 this week at all yet if that was the question, sorry.

Modifiers and stuff:
Round 1: Hive
Trickle = recharge of abilities is significantly reduced

Round 2: Cabal
Small Arms = primary weapon favored greatly
Dismantle mines

Round 3: Cabal
exposure: guardian shields are increased but do not replenish
VIP target

Round 4: Hive
Arc Damage
Defusing mine

Final round: Uroxx
Solar Burn
Magma ground thing is still in
Basically, it's the same as when it was the PoE 34 arena last week.

From Reddit:

finally! I can replace Crota's End ones for my Titan!

nOoblet16

@Lima if you are still online.

Any difference between the pre modified DS4 scuf sells and getting your own DS4 modified ? Even little things like changes in texture and stuff would make a difference here.

And would peddles make the X and O button useless ?

phen0m24

I'll give you magnetic grenades and shoulder charge. They're fun.

I have a feeling that when my hunter gets to a high enough level hunters will be my favourite - agility is the most important thing to me (I even main the MIDA in PvE just to go faster) but for now I just find the warlock so versatile. Blink + nova bomb in PvP is amazing, and to have the self-res and fusion grenades too - just really fun.

oooh oooh oooh

shhhh

Dont tell Fig and Hawkian and Zoba and Nilla, but

I really love running the Hunter
. In PvP just the SOUND of the Arc Blade queuing up, or the Golden Gun getting warmed up causes fear and trepidation. (when others use them - as Fig knows - in my case I die almost immediately thereafter)

And going invisible is awesome in so many contexts.

They are squishy though. :p TITAN BRO FIST ALL THE WAY

patchday

Great complimentary piece if the other two are wearing Alpha Lupi/Light Beyond Nemesis.

I wish those types of items got banned. They have been pretty worthless all these weeks. Now that ToO is out- every warlock is prancing around with that helm on. They near-instantly revive their teammates turning ToO into a revive-fest til the timer runs out.

ToO is the most fun I've had in this game in a long time. Went 8-2 and then 5-1 (then my card reset because the last game was after the reset). I can't wait for it to come back. Games are so intense.

I got the regular TOO emblem (not exotic), but it went into the ether because I had no emblem slots. :/

Also got-
The Scholar - This is the best Scout rifle I've used in Crucible. Makes sense as a TOO weapon I suppose. Would be nice to have an adept version, but in Crucible it doesn't matter. Not going to make me stop maining TLW but it's a great gun that I'm sure I will use a lot.
Chest piece
Etheric Light x2 (one each from the top two package rewards iirc)
The Summoner auto rifle. I just assume it's bad

One run through TOO was enough to go from 32->34. Mercury is definitely in reach. Came close. Next week I'll get there.

Had a lot of fun on our ToO run with McArkus last night. Wish we could've pulled out the match that would've put you at 7-1. Might of been able to get you to Mercury if we had won. ToO with a good group attitude is a ton of fun.

oooh oooh oooh

shhhh

Dont tell Fig and Hawkian and Zoba and Nilla, but

I really love running the Hunter
. In PvP just the SOUND of the Arc Blade queuing up, or the Golden Gun getting warmed up causes fear and trepidation. (when others use them - as Fig knows - in my case I die almost immediately thereafter)

And going invisible is awesome in so many contexts.

They are squishy though. :p TITAN BRO FIST ALL THE WAY

I love Hunter for PvP and Titan for PvE. Best classes for each activity. Warlocks? They're just there.

phen0m24

Venus key run using VoG? What's the deal

Queue up VoG as a 6-man team.

You all land on Venus in front of the Vault door.

Hop on Sparrows and drive to Ember Caves.

6 man patrol, 12 eyes looking for chests and 6 guns aimed at Beltrik.

PROFIT

I love Hunter for PvP and Titan for PvE. Best classes for each activity. Warlocks? They're just there.

waves at Khorgano

They're there
after you die
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom