• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

boofa

Neo Member
So I managed to grab almost all of the ToO emblems as well as the shader (Aruus Passage), but no dice on the black hunter cloak.

I've never even seen one drop yet, it's so sexy. I must have it!

2 dropped for me, but I only got 1 emblem and no ship/shader even though I played 12 hours worth apparently.

Namikaze1

Indeed I am. 9PM works just fine.

Yeah they're dropping like flies.

7tlsWDd.png

What does Identity give?
Shader

Flight is obvious.

Judgement is for the class items.

Deku Tree

Indeed I am. 9PM works just fine.

Yeah they're dropping like flies.

7tlsWDd.png

What does Identity give?

Great! See you at 9pm est.

yeah those tokens keep dropping and I just want to dismantle them. Just another worthless currency to let you buy cosmetic junk and it's gonna take a few more weeks of doing everything in order to be able to rank up to use them too.

PuMa

I tried using my new Void Wolves' Bane machine gun against some lvl 32 Minotaurs and got my ass handed to me. It has insane impact, but that 23 round mag is almost useless. May try to re-roll later for an extended mag.

untitled5mq6b.png

I thought it was going to be crap, but it actually rolls over people in PVP for me. The slow fire rate makes it easy to aim.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
theyre magenta

not even once
my warlock likes to be ostentatious.
Spent like 40 motes rerolling Her Mercy Handcannon and I'm not sure why. The stats aren't very good. Slightly less than Hawkmoon impact with way less range. I I think I just like the name and I like rerolling weapons. Every Queen's weapon I've gotten has been underwhelming.

Out of all the new weapons I've gotten, The Scholar from TOO is the best. I want an adept one and Adept Jewl of Osiris.
Reinforced barrel to compensate for range would be pretty necessary I think.. That, Army of One and Battle Runner would be a very fun solo pve gun for me.

But I have been lucky enough to receive quite a number of HCs to play around with, and my hunter isn't about the purple so much.

The Queen's emblem does look dumb stamped on to most of them.

Even with short gaze I never noticed a difference. Same when using Red Death. It's a perk that doesn't seem to work at all. I would actually love to go into Rumble, meet up with a friend and use the same sniper with unflinching and without. Just to see if it actually does anything.

i notice it a lot. unflinching makes the recoil predictable depending on the direction you're shot and the reticle jumps less. some scopes just dont work as well with it (like ambush)

i have trouble using anything else

PuMa

There is no field scout anymore only that trade off perk which can reduces stability I think. You are looking at no stability at all. Anyways the point is heavy MG absolutely suck ass and no one should be using them unless you are playing Rumble.

Uh, serious?

PuMa

I know the new Queen's weapons don't get a lot of love, but I got a pretty sweet setup on my first reroll of Her Mercy yesterday.

Final Round, Luck in the Chamber, Explosive Rounds/Braced Frame.

It's like a mini-Hawkmoon with explosive rounds.

UPUorH4.png

Sullichin

I'm pissed again that I lost the emblem that dropped in TOO because my slots were full. Emblems from story missions that I missed went to my postmaster but not that one :(

I'm about to run through all of the HoW story on one of my alts, so if anyone needs to do the same feel free to join me. My psn is the same as my username.

zewone

i notice it a lot. unflinching makes the recoil predictable depending on the direction you're shot and the reticle jumps less. some scopes just dont work as well with it (like ambush)

Have you tried out Hidden Hand much?

I got a Geo with Hidden Hand, Unflinching and Shortgaze.

I'm usually an Ambush man, but I'm willing to take your word for it that Shortgaze works better.

Lima

I will take your word on this since you are a million times better with a sniper than me. Guess I will have to get more of a feel for it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know the new Queen's weapons don't get a lot of love, but I got a pretty sweet setup on my first reroll of Her Mercy yesterday.

Final Round, Luck in the Chamber, Explosive Rounds/Braced Frame.

It's like a mini-Hawkmoon with explosive rounds.

UPUorH4.png
Final Round, Luck in the Chamber and braced frame would be a lot of fun I bet, but you would have to give up explosive rounds

Lnkn52

Wait are you saying Skola goes down with three 4th horseman shots?

Nope, They are trying to take him down with three players shooting at him with the 4th Horseman. No success so far. They are either dying from Skola's slam or not doing enough damage until the adds come in. I don't think it's an efficient strat to farm Skolas. They are doing it for fun just to prove a point.

The Queen's weapons aren't shitty, they just don't really have any standouts. They're solid rerollable weapons across the board from what it looks like (can't remember if the pulse is any good). But it is correct that there are purchasable counterparts which are generally better for each class. I'm going to try to roll a PvP AR for my warlock for funsies (no, not for use in ToO). I'd like some of the others to play around with but they aren't top tier rewards, just another batch of weapons you could reroll to your liking.

I am not too impressed with Queens weapons either, but the Hygiea Noblesse Scout Rifle is good enough to put my Saterienne Rapier out to pasture.

I think I will be sticking with 365 versions of much of my legacy weapons for the most part, they generally seem superior at 365.

Sullichin

Ugh, the ever-increasing necessity of Gjallarhorn. Now there's even posts here saying "level 34 with Gjallarhorn needed" for POE. Usually that shit was reserved for LFG sites.

Extended mag drops the stability to nearly zero. Such a shitty replacement for field scout.

There is no field scout anymore only that trade off perk which can reduces stability I think. You are looking at no stability at all. Anyways the point is heavy MG absolutely suck ass and no one should be using them unless you are playing Rumble.
Well, crap.

I thought it was going to be crap, but it actually rolls over people in PVP for me. The slow fire rate makes it easy to aim.
Hmm, I'm not much of a PvP person, but I'll play around with it some more to get it fully upgraded. I have a feeling I'll be ascending my Corrective Measure and ditching this thing, anyway.

Langy

Welp, lets see if i can get any interest in this today.

Full VoG and Crota HMs back to back.

Starting at 8pm GMT (53 mins from now)

Add yourself and lets get some loot inbound!!

1. Langoit (me)

Shoot me a FR in advance so we can go at 8 ideally

EL CUCO

For Skolas, these are my options for special/heavy:

331 LDR with 365 TL or 365 PnT with 365 ToO MG. Leaning towards LDR + TL due to higher impact on both weapons.

Of course, all burn Gjally is an option lol

Ugh, the ever-increasing necessity of Gjallarhorn. Now there's even posts here saying "level 34 with Gjallarhorn needed" for POE. Usually that shit was reserved for LFG sites.

Some people just want an easy time.

I am considering making a 'Gjallahorn only preferred 34 PoE, will take 1 Gjallahorn and 1 Thunderlord'.

I will take your word on this since you are a million times better with a sniper than me. Guess I will have to get more of a feel for it.

maybe its just a placebo but give it a try and see.

my original hieracon roll is still the best pvp sniper ive used.

noomi

Yep. One of my team got it yesterday. It looks alot like the yellow ship Variks sells.

But that one isn't the one I saw drop, so maybe there is more than one.

I think that is not the only one.

That's...that's actually the wrong one, the one I saw was a yellow cheeseblock like the devil ships.

Ahhhh, I think it's this one then. Couldn't find a screen shot of it though.

http://www.destinydb.com/items/3043619339-draught-of-nectar

FUCK YOU SKOLAS!

SUCCESS!

What was your strategy? Share your secrets with us.

I'm pissed again that I lost the emblem that dropped in TOO because my slots were full. Emblems from story missions that I missed went to my postmaster but not that one :(

Sadly it's a pretty common problem, I always tell people to make sure they have at least one slot in emblems open just because this always happens. Same thing with The Dark Below shader when it first released.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well, crap.

Hmm, I'm not much of a PvP person, but I'll play around with it some more to get it fully upgraded. I have a feeling I'll be ascending my Corrective Measure and ditching this thing, anyway.
Corrective Measure confidently stomps all over it for PvE at least; Surplus alone even without the 100-round mag is ridic.

I think I'd like a Wolves Bane with Spray and Play and Rangefinder for PvP, but 23 rounds is still pretty scant. I love the shit out of this guy, will definitely be somewhere soon in the Ascending line

Corrective Measure confidently stomps all over it for PvE at least; Surplus alone even without the 100-round mag is ridic.

I think I'd like a Wolves Bane with Spray and Play and Rangefinder for PvP, but 23 rounds is still pretty scant. I love the shit out of this guy, will definitely be somewhere soon in the Ascending line

Holy Shit, 60 rounds on that thing? Looks like a monster.

patchday

Just pulled Purifier Robes from a Nightfall. Does GAF have any thoughts on this item?

The game wants to make a Warlock bad it appears since I got a new Warlock drop twice a month. Got a vault full of gear for a warlock. Just need to delete one of my two titans (ouch).

lt519

So I managed to grab almost all of the ToO emblems as well as the shader (Aruus Passage), but no dice on the black hunter cloak.

I've never even seen one drop yet, it's so sexy. I must have it!

Dropped after a ToO match for my buddy, looks sweet.

Edit: Cloak of the Exile right? Looking at it on his hunter right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom